All I can say about 6 so far is WOW! It has exceeded my expectations after only having it onboard for about an hour. My only issue so far that I've noticed is Q/L, and this was my bad as I forgot to do a QL backup. It works fine tho. I have lots more to check, but so far definitly is sooo good!
    The install was a cake walk via DM. Everthing backed up for me and as far as I can tell has re-installed. Ringtones are alot louder as has been said. Probably where they should be. Bob won't need his hearing aids.LOL! Sorry Bob, cheap shot, couldn't resist. My lady friend wears doubles, we joke alot about getting older and losing "it".
    Big thanks to Paul for his help and persistance. Thanks Paul.
    I have more exploring to do, just wanted to chime in with a big two thumbs up for six!
    09-22-10 11:54 AM
    All I can say about 6 so far is WOW! It has exceeded my expectations after only having it onboard for about an hour. My only issue so far that I've noticed is Q/L, and this was my bad as I forgot to do a QL backup. It works fine tho. I have lots more to check, but so far definitly is sooo good!
    The install was a cake walk via DM. Everthing backed up for me and as far as I can tell has re-installed. Ringtones are alot louder as has been said. Probably where they should be. Bob won't need his hearing aids.LOL! Sorry Bob, cheap shot, couldn't resist. My lady friend wears doubles, we joke alot about getting older and losing "it".
    I have more exploring to do, just wanted to chime in with a big two thumbs up for six!
    OMG! You guys are making me cry! You're gonna make me do it, aren't you? You're gonna make me upgrade to OS6 even tho I don't want to!
    09-22-10 12:07 PM
    Jim, you are welcome! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your the new OS. Sorry the first link didn't work; it was just easier to upload the thing myself and give you a link I know works.
    09-22-10 12:11 PM
    Yeah, really diggin' this. Like having a new BB. Now JayDee needs to take the plunge.
    So far I've been dealing with a few incoming emails and must say I really like the way they scroll now.
    The browser has a tad bit of a learning curve, but thats half the fun cause it seems like new. Cheers all.
    Jump in JayDee! The water's fine!
    09-22-10 12:17 PM
    My Fellow Essex-Ramblers running OS6:

If you want the OS5 ringtones back check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=530509
    09-22-10 01:42 PM
    Gone two weeks and the Essex thread is the top and I see that OS6 happened. I guess I will seek out the link.

How many have gone for it?
    09-22-10 02:00 PM
    Gone two weeks and the Essex thread is the top and I see that OS6 happened. I guess I will seek out the link.

How many have gone for it?
    Quite a few of us now, the list is growing! If you can't get a link, PM I'll see what I can do
    09-22-10 02:02 PM
    Well, I wanted to report back. Knock on wood, I have had no problems what-so-ever. I absolutely love OS 6.0!! I cannot say enough good things about it. Of course, this is just my opinion based on my experience.

I have said for a long time that if verizon had the Iphone I would get one but after this OS 6.0 I think that I would not. If something were to happen to my 9650 right now I would just get another 9650. It does everything that I need and want and it does it well.
    09-22-10 10:53 PM
    Quite a few of us now, the list is growing! If you can't get a link, PM I'll see what I can do
    Thanks. I saw that the links were snuffed out pretty fast but I found one today. Now I need to get up the confidence and decide if I want to ignore some of the bugs I've been reading about - still trying to catch up over two weeks of threads on the 9650, apps, themes and general discussion....
    09-23-10 12:17 AM
    Regarding the ringtones, the ones I was using were saved and transfered to BB-6. All the ones I had previously downloaded came along also. I guess others want to be able to change them, is that the issue? Would the ringtones in the CB ringtone D/L section work on 6 ok? Just wondering. Haven't tried it yet as my tones are all fine.
    Anybody know what happened to all my themes? Like a puff of smoke,"poof", they vanished. I saw them being loaded in the install process to. Not that they would have worked on 6 anyway.
    My ramping sig bars still ramp around as much as before, wasn't an issue before and isn't now, just sayin'. Call quality seems as great as ever, no problem with it.
    Interesting observation: When I push my dial numbers as if to make a call the tones are short and crisp and very clear, where-as before on 5 they would sometimes seem delayed or to long. I like it better this way, especially when going thru menu prompts when in a call.
    Running around 270mb free memory btw.
    Re: Q/L, I had the space bar key set to launch it and was noticing some freeze ups. I changed it to the "Q" key and good so far. I have not upgraded
    Q/L to the newer version yet. I may decide to go ahead and do that.
    Battery life seems better for me. I would usually be much less by now and I've been playing/adjusting and trying out stuff all day. Hope I'm not imagining this.
    Re: the browser, it seems for me anyway there is a bit of a learning curve, not a big deal. Was wondering tho if there were a way to change font size that would more or less work in all pages. Google's home page for instance is easily changed to a diff font by using the settings in the browser, but some other sites seem unaffected by a browser font setting change. I'm still getting used to it. I love the new fluidity of the email/message pages and the way they advance a page at a time. Also, where some of my emails were truncated before now are still, but load completely anyway.
    Unless something weird happens I see no reason to revert back after a full day of usage. I like all the new options to much.
    Thumbs up for six!
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-10 at 01:06 AM.
    09-23-10 01:03 AM
    cbreze, Thanks for the review. You, PC and Bob are making me re-think my decision on BB6. I can't decide if I want to deal with some of the potential bugs.
    09-23-10 07:51 AM
    cbreze, Thanks for the review. You, PC and Bob are making me re-think my decision on BB6. I can't decide if I want to deal with some of the potential bugs.
    Yeah, the thing is, is that everyone has diff priorities as far as what is a bug or buggy thing to them might not be to someone else as much. A curious thing I have noticed is the browser can be lightening quick for awhile then kinda slow down. Now this might drive someone else bananas and maybe they need to use the BB for work and need results "yesterday". I'm not sure whats up with it, but for now I'll easily deal with it. It's only been 24 hours and this browser's learning curve for me is a work in progress, but no biggie.
    My bold is for personal use only and if something isn't perfect and was better before then not a big deal as I can work with it. Just go in with both eyes open and you can always go back to an earlier os.
    I feel I'm weighing the good against the potentially bad and at least I'm getting to see what it's all about with 6. After awhile I could go back as well, but certainly not before I give this a very good run and then decide.

Overnite my battery dropped only 5%, and this after a reboot to verify my batt meter wasn't hung up. With .810 it would drop anywhere from 20 to 50 %, depending on the theme I had running.
    And then there's the themes, or rather lack of. There is only one that I have found. It's dark and wallpaper friendly. I just use my fav wallpaper for diff looks. Also, another cool thing is the homescreen is very customizable. Right now I'm running no icons, but I think the settings allow from 0 to 2 rows of icons on the homescreen. I prefer to use Q/L for my navigation to apps. Much easier imho and my wallpaper stays more visible.
    I'm sure you've seen lots of videos on the 9650 running 6, as had I, but I keep finding new cool stuff all the time. Theres alota s**t onboard this os.
    I was going to stick with 5.0 but then I knew I had to see for myself what it was all about. Glad I jumped in, and now with the prospect of awesome battery life it just seems to get better.
    ciao,

EDIT: Just noticed something up with my emailing capabilities, specifically "sending". Gonna check it out, might be a setting.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-10 at 09:46 AM.
    09-23-10 09:44 AM
    After 24 hours of OS 6.0, I am still loving it but have had a couple of issues. First, my Pandora and music on my card will not play. I uninstalled and then re-installed Pandora. It worked for a few seconds and then no-go.

I have my left side convenience key set as my video camera with the light on. That way I use it as a flashlight when needed. I cannot get that to work either.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    09-23-10 12:45 PM
    After 24 hours of OS 6.0, I am still loving it but have had a couple of issues. First, my Pandora and music on my card will not play. I uninstalled and then re-installed Pandora. It worked for a few seconds and then no-go.

I have my left side convenience key set as my video camera with the light on. That way I use it as a flashlight when needed. I cannot get that to work either.

The video camera light not working is a known issue. Can't help you on the other issue.
    09-23-10 12:49 PM
    The video camera light not working is a known issue. Can't help you on the other issue.
    See? That's why I can't upgrade! The video light not working would be a BIG problem for me as I use the video camera a LOT...
    and of course, my themes are non-existent...I'm all about the fluff
    ROTFLMAO
    09-23-10 12:55 PM
    you could get a simple flashlite app for that issue, I use "radical" and find it very useful on the side convience key. Of course won't help video. Funny it will work tho as a very bright light and yet won't come on for vid recording.
    You just have to weigh the pros/cons and see if it'll work for ya.
    Thought I had an email sending issue, turned out no issue after all. Def a learning curve here.
    Jaydee, your themes will go bye, bye and with no vid lite, maybe ya better stick.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-10 at 01:03 PM.
    09-23-10 01:01 PM

I can provide a point in the right direction though:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/os6-pandora-532004/
    09-23-10 01:11 PM
    Never used the Help app on any of my Berries, and was surprised when it was not optional under OS6, but I think I have found the way to circumvent that. If it works I'm going back and removing BB VVM too.

It may not free up much memory, but I don't want it or need it.

edit: got it removed succesfully....look out VVM!
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-23-10 at 01:53 PM.
    09-23-10 01:51 PM
    PC, isn't there a list somewhere of cods from OS6 where someone can remove things using BBSAK if they want to like you can with OS5?

That way you can remove whatever you want to!
    09-23-10 02:19 PM
    PC, isn't there a list somewhere of cods from OS6 where someone can remove things using BBSAK if they want to like you can with OS5?

That way you can remove whatever you want to!
    Probably, I guess I have penchant for the "convoluted way"
    09-23-10 02:24 PM
    Well, my browser's running alot quicker which is nice, my only real peeve now is no column view. How's everybody else dealing with all the zooming and scrolling for most sites? Kinda weird how some the page lines up perfect and others like CB you have to scroll/zoom alot.
    09-23-10 04:05 PM
    Well, my browser's running alot quicker which is nice, my only real peeve now is no column view. How's everybody else dealing with all the zooming and scrolling for most sites? Kinda weird how some the page lines up perfect and others like CB you have to scroll/zoom alot.
    That would drive me nuts or "nutser!"

I used the os 5 version of the browser on my recent vacation and being able to SEE the info in column view was most important having no other web access.
    09-23-10 04:25 PM
    That would drive me nuts or "nutser!"

I used the os 5 version of the browser on my recent vacation and being able to SEE the info in column view was most important having no other web access.
    Yeah, some people probably don't mind the trade off to have the new 6. Man, I love the way this OS operates and responds, but the zooming/scrolling may drive me over the edge. It's like trying to use a browser meant for a big screen on 2.4" of real estate. Not pleasent. Why is it always some fly in my ointment. Funny thing , I haven't heard that many complaints about it.
    09-23-10 04:31 PM
    Bad news

IT has dropped are BB So starting this week carrying a Droid 2

I just have it set where I want it but maybe Jaydee will let me keep coming back for a visit. Hopefully the come to there senses and go back to the berry soon !

See ya soon !
    09-23-10 05:21 PM
    Wizard...
    Those NASTIES!!!!!
    How dare they do that!!!!
    Of course you can come around here!!! We would be very upset if you forgot all about us in the Essex Thread. You can still Ramble with us. Draw some comparisons with your new phone for us.
    We will all miss you not having a BB...such a shame. Time to buy your own...
    09-23-10 07:06 PM
23,186 ... 282283284285286 ...