I installed the Random theme last night and really like it. Very clean and easy to use. Wish it un-hid the dock by scrolling up rather than hitting ALT Delete but that's about the only minor complaint.

The only bad part to installing new themes is having to re-manage app placement and re-enter passwords in the browser. If you switch between already installed apps do you have to do this each time or just when you install a new one?

Also, do themes update automatically or do you have to watch the developer sites/forums here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi pistolpetefan!
    Unfortunately, rearranging icons is a big PIA!!!
    But once you do it, you won't have to do it again unless you wipe your OS. For instance, I have about 20 different themes installed. I switch back and forth among them as I please and each one is set up the way I want already from the first time I set them up. So what I do now is just choose one and boom! All the icons are already in order because I already took the time to do it once.

As far as themes updating, unfortunately no, you would have to keep an eye on the forums and download the latest version or newest incarnation to update the theme on your own.

Hope this info helps you.
    Hey and welcome to the Essex thread!
    We like to Ramble!!!! Join us anytime!!!!
    09-15-10 07:49 PM
    Curious why so many complain about not having an audible vm alert. I get an instant alert by text msg whenever I get a vm. It's a default feature as I set nothing up. Not directing this at anybody, just got me wondering is all. I posted this in the problems thread and was ignored so thought I'd post here.

09-15-10 07:56 PM
    ur right cbreze, i get a text saying voicemail and with BerryBuzz, a colored LED tells me I missed a call. and also i see an alert on my screen as well for 1 missed call.

What is it they want? an audible alert? hmmmmm....
    09-15-10 08:04 PM
    Some things are worth gripping about, but this isn't one imho. I've seen post after post complaining about no vm alert and was just going , huh? But to each their own.
    Think I'll go theme browsing, get a fresh look.

09-15-10 08:11 PM
    Some things are worth gripping about, but this isn't one imho. I've seen post after post complaining about no vm alert and was just going , huh? But to each their own.
    Think I'll go theme browsing, get a fresh look.

I guess they want the phone to reach out and slap them to get their attention..

There are three things that tell me I have missed a call, first is a missed call message allowing me to view who called. Second is a VM text message (which requires that I go to the general messages folder to access) and I also have an icon on the message bar tellimg me there is a voice mail. What more do these ***** want?

I also go one more, my home VM system sends me a text message when I have a VM on my home system, it's only a text message so I guess I should whine about that HUH?
    09-16-10 06:02 PM
    I don't consider it to be "whining" to desire an audible voice mail alert. I am accustomed to having this feature on my cell phones and I miss it. It is minor complaint to be sure, but it is still a valid one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

09-16-10 08:13 PM
    I don't consider it to be "whining" to desire an audible voice mail alert. I am accustomed to having this feature on my cell phones and I miss it. It is minor complaint to be sure, but it is still a valid one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
    You don't get an audible alert for each vm in the form of a text? What's the diff? Just wonderin'.

09-16-10 09:49 PM
    I'm a little confused. I use visual voice mail and I get an audible alert.
    09-16-10 10:58 PM
    I was referring to the type of audible notification that will repeat periodically until you take some action. I understand that the BB won't do that without additional 3rd party software.

All of my previous cellphones had that feature, as does my landline Voicemail.

I do get the same notifications that every else gets on their Bolds, but I would like the periodic reminders. I will check out visual Voicemail. Thanks for the useful post princebb.

09-17-10 06:47 AM
    I was referring to the type of audible notification that will repeat periodically until you take some action. I understand that the BB won't do that without additional 3rd party software.

All of my previous cellphones had that feature, as does my landline Voicemail.

I do get the same notifications that every else gets on their Bolds, but I would like the periodic reminders. I will check out visual Voicemail. Thanks for the useful post princebb.

Brooke, if periodic reminders is what you are looking for, try the free copy of BeBuzz. It has that feature. My comments above were perhaps based on a miss-understanding of the issue. I understood that the complainers were saying that they were not getting notifications, not that they were not getting periodic reminders.

BeBuzz also lets you set your phone to begin vibrating as soon as the call comes in rather than waiting a few seconds for that to happen. There is a paid version that has evern more capabilities, I don't remember what all the addtional capabilities are.
    09-17-10 07:35 AM
    Thanks BoDeb. I will check out BeBuzz. Sounds like it might be just what I am looking for. I thought that BeBuzz only gave visual notifications in the form of various colored blinking lights. You have been helpful.

09-17-10 07:44 AM
    Brooke, if periodic reminders is what you are looking for, try the free copy of BeBuzz. It has that feature. My comments above were perhaps based on a miss-understanding of the issue. I understood that the complainers were saying that they were not getting notifications, not that they were not getting periodic reminders.

BeBuzz also lets you set your phone to begin vibrating as soon as the call comes in rather than waiting a few seconds for that to happen. There is a paid version that has evern more capabilities, I don't remember what all the addtional capabilities are.
    I checked BeBuzz. I have the free version. The version that I have only has a missed call reminder alert only. None for voicemail. Maybe that feature is in the paid version. I have set the missed call reminder alert, which i think will be useful.

Prince, I also looked into visual voicemail, but I don't want to pay the $2.99 monthly subscription fee to VZW for this service.

Thanks guys for your suggestions.
    09-17-10 11:57 AM
    Anybody try the newer version of tether? I don't find a change-log anyplace. Was wondering if it's somehow improved, my current version works very well.
    09-18-10 10:09 AM
    Anybody try the newer version of tether? I don't find a change-log anyplace. Was wondering if it's somehow improved, my current version works very well.
    I downloaded and installed the newer version but haven't tried it yet so I can't say what's up. But if there is anything wrong, I won't have a report for you for a while...sorry. I don't use it all that much. Basically, I bought it just for emergencies as I am kinda leery about using it too much.
    09-18-10 11:24 AM
    JayDee, I don't use it a lot either, but was wondering how it could possibly be improved is all. I'll most likely just hang tight, but when you know anything new, I'd love to hear. Sometimes new isn't always "improved" has been some of my previous experences.

09-18-10 12:05 PM
    Well everyone fire up that desktop manager and give her a go cause 6.0 is out for our baby bolds. Im so excited, im debating if i should just download it now or wait and see how it is running. Ill prolly just download it and see for myself lol cause im so impatient.
    09-18-10 04:33 PM
    Well everyone fire up that desktop manager and give her a go cause 6.0 is out for our baby bolds. Im so excited, im debating if i should just download it now or wait and see how it is running. Ill prolly just download it and see for myself lol cause im so impatient.
    Well with all the problems I had finding an OS that would allow me to make calls without chirping...I'll stand pat for now.

So go ahead everyone and upgrade and old JayDee will be the LAST ONE STANDING with 5.0...
    cause my phone is a finely tuned machine right now and I'm in no hurry to f*********** that up! LOL
    09-18-10 04:50 PM
    My Bold is running great. I'm taking a wait and see attitude for now. I did go ahead and download it though to my desktop, just in case the link get's broken.

09-18-10 05:05 PM
    JayDee, I don't use it a lot either, but was wondering how it could possibly be improved is all. I'll most likely just hang tight, but when you know anything new, I'd love to hear. Sometimes new isn't always "improved" has been some of my previous experences.

I've not used Tether in a few weeks, so was not aware there was a new version. Wonder if it is upgraded to make it BB6 compatible? I'll have to download it and see what gives with it.

I have downloaded BB6, have not had a chance to do anything with it yet, long day up at 5:30 at church before 7, there unitil about 4, off to a dinner party with another group from church at 6:30 back home about 9:30. Watching Longhorns football game but fell asleep just before the end. I'll decide if I install BB6 tomorrow.

Oh well, UT won and that is all that matters. Didn't play a very good game but then this is a re-build year for them so I guess they are doing OK. Gilbert is an amazing QB for his first year, led his HS to 2 undefeated seasons, they had one more last year and lost what would have been their 49th win with QB injured, Garret still needs more experience and needs to settle down a little; however, that boy has a cannon attached to his arm adn when he refines his throwing just a little he will be awesom.
    09-18-10 10:58 PM
    I've not used Tether in a few weeks, so was not aware there was a new version. Wonder if it is upgraded to make it BB6 compatible? I'll have to download it and see what gives with it.

I have downloaded BB6, have not had a chance to do anything with it yet,
    I decided to give the new tether version a go and do find it a bit smoother so far. Not enough usage yet to really be sure of much. It works fine and maybe connects quicker.
    As for the leaked os6, I D/L'd it and never could get it to be recognized by my computer, like it wasn't there. I had just upgraded my DM to the latest beyond 6.0 and am wondering if that had anything to do with it. It's there and I see it,(os6 file) but when I start app loader it doesn't see it. I'm glad tho as hind site being clearer, I was caught up in the frenzy and then started hearing about alot of the issues with it. As usual, some say no issues and some have an inoperable browser as well as other stuff not working correctly. It seems kind of hit or miss. My os5 and .810 is working perfectly and I'm glad I stood pat and did not do the upgrade. It's a beta and great for those who like to fiddle, but thats not me. So I'll stick with what already works great for now anyway.
    09-18-10 11:20 PM
    I decided to give the new tether version a go and do find it a bit smoother so far. Not enough usage yet to really be sure of much. It works fine and maybe connects quicker.
    As for the leaked os6, I D/L'd it and never could get it to be recognized by my computer, like it wasn't there. I had just upgraded my DM to the latest beyond 6.0 and am wondering if that had anything to do with it. It's there and I see it,(os6 file) but when I start app loader it doesn't see it. I'm glad tho as hind site being clearer, I was caught up in the frenzy and then started hearing about alot of the issues with it. As usual, some say no issues and some have an inoperable browser as well as other stuff not working correctly. It seems kind of hit or miss. My os5 and .810 is working perfectly and I'm glad I stood pat and did not do the upgrade. It's a beta and great for those who like to fiddle, but thats not me. So I'll stick with what already works great for now anyway.
    When I open up DM6 it now shows the BB6 update that I downloaded. I'm sticking with .732 for now.
    09-18-10 11:34 PM
    When I open up DM6 it now shows the BB6 update that I downloaded. I'm sticking with .732 for now.
    Hey prince,
    Where did you put the D/L'd os6 file? Mine went to desktop by default and I also tried moving it to documents. DM couldn't see it either way. I was prompted to D/L a newer version of DM6 and am wondering if that was why DM doesn't see it. Just wondering. When I open app loader it doesn't show anything but what's on my bold currently.

09-19-10 12:23 AM
    cbreze, I downloaded BB6 to my desktop.

09-19-10 12:59 AM
    Good morning Essex Ramblers!
    Guys, you don't have to use DM to install the new OS6.
    Just bypass it!
    Download the OS6 file, install it on your pc.
    Use BB Hybrid Tools to shrink if you want (I always do), delete vendor file and then run the apploader.exe
    You can bypass DM altogether.
    I try to NEVER use DM as it seems more confused than I am most days...LOL
    09-19-10 07:34 AM
    Jaydee, you're right, I've updated OS's from the apploader file before and it was pretty smooth. I've also used DM and didn't have any problem. Doing it right from apploader is might be easier.

09-19-10 07:53 AM
23,186 ... 279280281282283 ...