No I finally got the update figured out right after last post. The weather icon is on home screen but I have seen home screen photos of the icon being up above the home screen icons (does that make sense) maybe its another ap? But I really didnt want it replacing one of the main home screen icons I regularily use. I wanted it in the upper area of the screen where the temp icon is.
    OK so what you want is a theme with a weather SLOT
    That is what the themers mean when they say their themes have a weather slot like this one.... see mine here:

PS Congrats on the 100th post!!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Theme i am using is Sidebar by Al3azim
    all his themes are great! He has Random and Dark Tril too.
    09-12-10 12:01 PM
    Okay I bite! where does one find themes and do they make the phone run slower? Now here I go into murky water again!
    09-12-10 12:05 PM
    Socal I have 20 themes installed on my bold and most do not slow down your phone. Go to the themes forums. Remember you can use themes for the 9650, 9700, 9630, and 8900.
    Okay I bite! where does one find themes and do they make the phone run slower? Now here I go into murky water again!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 09-12-10 at 01:35 PM.
    09-12-10 12:08 PM
    I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice, just an observation from my own experience perhaps. I have yet to get a random reboot ever on any os build yet. I'm running the altel .810 and find it the best and quickest of the 3.
    I'm running several apps and store several themes. Perhaps the reason my bold seems so trouble free is I reboot with the 3 key method each morning.(Alt,R shift,del) I don't ever use BT , having no reason to mess with it. So possibly the morning reboot helps,can't hurt in my view. I think it freshens up the whole operating system tho. I have never had to do a battery pull yet and wouldn't as long as the three finger salute continues to work for me. YMMV of course and may depend on an app issue.

cbreze, If you have Meter Berry you can schedule a reboot to happen automatically in the early hours of the morning and you baby Bold will be ready to go when you take it off of the charger. My $.02 fwiw.
    09-12-10 06:43 PM
    OK so what you want is a theme with a weather SLOT
    That is what the themers mean when they say their themes have a weather slot like this one.... see mine here:

PS Congrats on the 100th post!!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Theme i am using is Sidebar by Al3azim
    all his themes are great! He has Random and Dark Tril too.
    JayDee, I'm using the same one but I have put the calendar in the top slot becuase I like the hidden today and it's easy to get back to it. I have the message icon for my primary email in the slot where you have weather. I really like Al3azim's themes, they are great. I've not figured out how to use QL to get to that email account, it will get to the one with all messages but I don't like to use that one at all. If you know a way to have QL jump to my main email account I would like to konw how to do that. Thanks
    09-12-10 06:51 PM
    JayDee, I'm using the same one but I have put the calendar in the top slot becuase I like the hidden today and it's easy to get back to it. I have the message icon for my primary email in the slot where you have weather. I really like Al3azim's themes, they are great. I've not figured out how to use QL to get to that email account, it will get to the one with all messages but I don't like to use that one at all. If you know a way to have QL jump to my main email account I would like to konw how to do that. Thanks
    SoCal, just so you know, the slots you are using for calendar and email are the OCD slots and the weather would normally go there. Doesn't have to but...well, you saw mine.

Now for QL, I can only see how you can add a QL shortcut to the Messages icon for ALL messages not a specific one... i will investigate this further for you.

Don't you love Al3azim's themes? All of his are very functional!!!
    09-12-10 07:32 PM
    SoCal, just so you know, the slots you are using for calendar and email are the OCD slots and the weather would normally go there. Doesn't have to but...well, you saw mine.

Now for QL, I can only see how you can add a QL shortcut to the Messages icon for ALL messages not a specific one... i will investigate this further for you.

Don't you love Al3azim's themes? All of his are very functional!!!
    JayDee, I agree, I've looked through the QL stuff numerous times and have found no way to do it. Maybe this is a new function that can be added in the next release.

I have three of Al3azim's themes and I really like all four of them, I have "Changes", "Dark Trilogy", "Random" and "Sidebar". I have not actually used random, went to set it up and got confused for some reason and didn't complete the setup but went back to the one I had been using. I think I was in a hurry or something. I saw sidebar and downloaded it and have been using it ever since. I like it a lot but may change back to one of the others just for grins.
    09-12-10 08:48 PM
    cbreze, If you have Meter Berry you can schedule a reboot to happen automatically in the early hours of the morning and you baby Bold will be ready to go when you take it off of the charger. My $.02 fwiw.
    QuickLaunch has this function also. QL is just one of the many tips I learned about from the Essex Ramblers. Thanks guys!

09-12-10 09:01 PM
    You guys have heard my lamentations about my battery issues, I've been carrying a spare battery around with me to replace my battery mid to late afternoon to be able to get through the day. Well of late the problem seems to have gotten worse so I finally bit the bullet (didn't taste very good) and spend the money to order a Seidio 2600, should get it sometime this week. I'm soooo tired of my Baby Bold starting to cry because it's running out of power and having to swap batteries. So, now I'll get to see how I like the "hump backed" Baby Bold. I'll let you guys know what I think of it once it shows up and I get to try it for a couple of days. I sure hope that it fits in my OEM case, I've heard some folks say that it does. Time will tell.
    09-12-10 10:06 PM
    Now I'm fuming! I'm ready to smack somebody! I got the stuff I ordered for my baby Bold today, a couple of charging pods, a couple of screen protectors and a Seidio Innocell battery.

The charging pods and screen protectors are great!

The battery was supposed to be a 2600 mAh, turns out it is a 1700 mAh. I'm PO'd

I have sent them an email, I bought the items through Amazon from different suppliers, explaining that they shipped the wrong item and so now I wait to hear back from them. Patience is non-existant in situations like this. I sure hope I hear from them tomorrow and they get the right battery in the mail to me right away. However, I suspect that they are going to want me to sent them the battery that I have back and then when they receive it they will ship the new one. I'll really be ready to give them a peice of my mind if that is what they do!
    09-13-10 11:04 PM

The battery was supposed to be a 2600 mAh, turns out it is a 1700 mAh. I'm PO'd

Now you're taking a page outta MY book, Bob!
    Patience!!!!
    Why must everyone need two chances to get things correct? They couldn't send you the right battery the first time? Geez!!!!! I was anxious to hear how the bigger battery was working for you, too! Ah well. They will replace but honestly. It's so hard to find good help.

Sorry to hear your Baby Bold is still running out of battery power so soon. Charging pods suring the day are still not an option or are not doing the job?
    09-14-10 06:46 AM
    Hey everyone! Whats the largest battery I can upgrade to and still use stock door and my otterbox commuter case?? Next.. does the Bold have a button to go direct into SMS and MMS messsaging? And last question...when I sms why cant I send to multiple contacts at once??????????????? every other cell I have owned has been able to. except my old "suitcase and brick" phones but that was 1990!
    09-14-10 12:24 PM
    Now you're taking a page outta MY book, Bob!
    Patience!!!!
    Why must everyone need two chances to get things correct? They couldn't send you the right battery the first time? Geez!!!!! I was anxious to hear how the bigger battery was working for you, too! Ah well. They will replace but honestly. It's so hard to find good help.

Sorry to hear your Baby Bold is still running out of battery power so soon. Charging pods suring the day are still not an option or are not doing the job?
    They claim they sent me the right one, I'm not entirely sure they did, the description was a little ambiguous so in retrospect I guess part of it is my fault. I got an email from them, they will refund my money ex shipping. I've ordered another one, this one has an accurate description and says 2600 mAh right in it. I'll send the other one back to the so and so's.

Should have the new one in a couple of days.
    09-14-10 04:52 PM
    Hey everyone! Whats the largest battery I can upgrade to and still use stock door and my otterbox commuter case?? Next.. does the Bold have a button to go direct into SMS and MMS messsaging? And last question...when I sms why cant I send to multiple contacts at once??????????????? every other cell I have owned has been able to. except my old "suitcase and brick" phones but that was 1990!
    Socal, I have seen ads for a 2000 mAh, not sure that it fits our baby Bolds; however, there is a 1700 mAh (Seidio) that I know does as I have one that I just got and if you have read above was not the one I had thought I ordered. I'll be sending it back to them. I think the best place to get one is Amazon, be very careful to be sure you are ordering the right one.
    09-14-10 04:55 PM
    @socal, afaik the 1700 is the only extended that will work with the stock door. I have it and it gives me about 20% xtra juice, not a lot. I believe I recall a post by "papped" where he said his 2600 extended worked with his case with the door left off. He seemed to think it worked very well that way with no issue. Maybe he will chime in and confirm which case or just check the seidio extended thread. Or, Wait and PC will prolly link you up. LOL!
    09-14-10 06:00 PM

SoCal, this is Al3azim's Random with a 12 icon hidden scrolling dock and OS6 icons.
    I love the theme and it looks great with any wallpaper. Notice the two OCD slots up at the top for which I have used BBM and BeWeather

Great theme!
    09-14-10 09:11 PM
    Jaydee that is awsome!! I think you answered one of my questions....can I use my existing wallpapers/photos for my main screen? That wallpaper you have is stunning but I do enjoy having my 17 year old terrier on mine!
    09-14-10 11:12 PM
    Or, Wait and PC will prolly link you up. LOL!
    Haha, I saw that post asking which batteries work with stock doors/covers, but don't know enough about 3rd party batteries to begin to guess. Though I probably could find a link to another post here to answer that question if I set my mind to it!

The only reason I tried BT at work was to pair with my laptop to transfer files, which I have done before. And should be able to do no problem. And I also have a BT headset that I use in the car and WTF that I gotta wait 9 minutes for my phone to reboot before I can use my BT headset???

I am going to try the BT toggle again...maybe I should NOT use the toggle and just change it in the settings on my phone manually. Maybe it's QL? Naw...I beta tested QL, too. It wasn't a prob then...course I had a diff OS...
    maybe it IS the OS... I dunno...

Where's PC when you need him???? PC?? PC???? PC???
    I've been here on and off, August was a busy month, and September was vacation, back-to-school, and Little League Fall Ball (I coach my son's team).

I run 810 and the BT toggle in QL works fine on my Bold.

The only bugs in 810 that I've found are the some ones from 732: The caller ID flashes the previous incoming call for about a second or two, and the Gmail folder's new mail indicator doesn't clear when you read the new message from the Messages folder.
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-15-10 at 07:23 AM.
    09-15-10 07:17 AM
    Jaydee that is awsome!! I think you answered one of my questions....can I use my existing wallpapers/photos for my main screen? That wallpaper you have is stunning but I do enjoy having my 17 year old terrier on mine!
    Yes, socal, you can use any wallpaper for your theme. The only thing with 5.0 OS is that only th wallpaper will change and the app screen wallie will stay the way the themer has created it.

So yes, you can change it to your terrier. The wallpaper you see on mine is not what came with the theme, either.
    09-15-10 09:19 AM
    Okay I bite! Where and how do I do that theme and is it hard to setup?
    09-15-10 10:06 AM
    Have you checked CB's theme section? There pretty much all in there. They usually have info along with the theme.

09-15-10 10:36 AM
    Like cbreze said, browse the theme section. when I installed the one or 2 themes I tried, I emailed myself the OTA link. Installing was a breeze, and then selecting it is just a matter of going to: Options > Themes > selecting the one you want > BB button > Activate
    09-15-10 10:41 AM
    Naw, it's not hard to set up at all!
    It's another of Al3azim's theme's...I just love his stuff. I beta test for him sometimes. It's found here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...rtcuts-512375/

all his themes are da bomb!!!!
    09-15-10 10:53 AM
    Well today for the first time I experienced a major battery drain. This never happened before and not a problem really, just a confirmation that searching for signal a lot really does eat it up. I was in the boonies in a deep woods and would go between having a signal to searching. Nothing unusual, just sayin' and next time I'll turn it off.

09-15-10 05:49 PM
    I installed the Random theme last night and really like it. Very clean and easy to use. Wish it un-hid the dock by scrolling up rather than hitting ALT Delete but that's about the only minor complaint.

The only bad part to installing new themes is having to re-manage app placement and re-enter passwords in the browser. If you switch between already installed apps do you have to do this each time or just when you install a new one?

Also, do themes update automatically or do you have to watch the developer sites/forums here?

09-15-10 07:41 PM
23,186 ... 278279280281282 ...