It doesn't drain the battery or run the memory at all.
    Go for it! I even used it on my Curve 8330!
    09-07-10 12:56 PM
    Berryweather is by far the best weather app. There is no battery drain. Half price, this is a no brainer. Go for it!
    09-07-10 01:00 PM
    it dosent drain battery or memory. in the options just set the update time to something like an hour and it will update automatically hour and wont drain your battery at all.
    09-07-10 04:34 PM
    Hello everyone. Been a little ghost lately but I have a little questions and wondering if you all can help. Does anyone know of a way to hide the recipient list in emails you send? Been searching around the forums and I guess I don't know the right keywords because I've come up with bupkiss. Maybe its not possible. Just looking for a solid yay or nay.
    09-07-10 10:25 PM
    Hello everyone. Been a little ghost lately but I have a little questions and wondering if you all can help. Does anyone know of a way to hide the recipient list in emails you send? Been searching around the forums and I guess I don't know the right keywords because I've come up with bupkiss. Maybe its not possible. Just looking for a solid yay or nay.
    Compose Email/>BB Key</Add bcc/>Track Pad<

Fill in your intended recipients in the BCC box.
    09-07-10 10:35 PM
    OK, we have been having some weather as a result of former Hurricane Hermine. This morning I wanted to look at the radar in BEW, went in and no radar was produced. I tried again a while later and still no radar map displayed. I decided that I would post a question here a few minutes ago so I tried it again and now it is working.

What gives?
    09-07-10 10:39 PM
    Compose Email/>BB Key</Add bcc/>Track Pad<

Fill in your intended recipients in the BCC box.
    WOW! That was way too easy. I never knew what bcc meant. Learn something new everyday. Of course now I feel like an ***** but thanks.
    09-07-10 10:39 PM
    Oops. Guess I can't say that word. I don't curse so it wasn't bad but yeah. Sorry
    09-07-10 10:41 PM
    WOW! That was way too easy. I never knew what bcc meant. Learn something new everyday. Of course now I feel like an ***** but thanks.
    bcc = Blind Carbon Copy (normal recipients and cc recipients (Carbon Copy) are shown on communications be bcc's are not)

You have to be OLD to remember the days of true "Carbon Copies". I do remember them.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 09-07-10 at 10:46 PM.
    09-07-10 10:44 PM
    bcc = Blind Carbon Copy (normal recipients and cc recipients (Carbon Copy) are shown on communications be bcc's are not)

You have to be OLD to remember the days of true "Carbon Copies". I do remember them.
    Yeah I googled (I remember the days before that was a word) it after you told me. I seriously feel like a fool though. I was searching through my phone settings. Then I thought maybe I needed to purchase an app. I'm dying laughing at myself. So hilarious.
    09-07-10 10:51 PM
    Hi all, thought our thread needed a bump as it was way back there. Carbon copies, yeah used to get ink all over your fingers if you weren't careful. I'm currently on a road trip, presently and very pleasantly residing in Boulder Co. Also very,very pleased with my bold's performance. I've been using GPS a lot and also surprised and very happy with verizon's coverage. It never stops amazing me. It really is almost everywhere. Very comforting in case of an un-forseen emergency. Take care all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 11:34 AM
    Thanks cbreze for bumping us up again!
    Work has had me running and with no time to post faithfully. I will get into a routine soon and then start up again, I am sure!

I have a hybrid OS on my Baby Bold as most of you know and it has been performing admirably but yesterday I stepped away from my desk twice and noticed that my phone was rebooting on its own!!!

That is very disturbing!!!

I have Lyricidal's hybrid and it's been great. The problem could be what? AN app? a theme? What would make it reboot on its own? I remember using QL to toggle Bluetooth on and I set the phone down for a second to answer the office phone and when I glanced at my berry, it was rebooting!!!

WTH????
    Anyone got any advice on what to do?
    09-11-10 02:03 PM
    I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice, just an observation from my own experience perhaps. I have yet to get a random reboot ever on any os build yet. I'm running the altel .810 and find it the best and quickest of the 3.
    I'm running several apps and store several themes. Perhaps the reason my bold seems so trouble free is I reboot with the 3 key method each morning.(Alt,R shift,del) I don't ever use BT , having no reason to mess with it. So possibly the morning reboot helps,can't hurt in my view. I think it freshens up the whole operating system tho. I have never had to do a battery pull yet and wouldn't as long as the three finger salute continues to work for me. YMMV of course and may depend on an app issue.

09-11-10 06:13 PM
    I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice, just an observation from my own experience perhaps. I have yet to get a random reboot ever on any os build yet. I'm running the altel .810 and find it the best and quickest of the 3.
    I'm running several apps and store several themes. Perhaps the reason my bold seems so trouble free is I reboot with the 3 key method each morning.(Alt,R shift,del) I don't ever use BT , having no reason to mess with it. So possibly the morning reboot helps,can't hurt in my view. I think it freshens up the whole operating system tho. I have never had to do a battery pull yet and wouldn't as long as the three finger salute continues to work for me. YMMV of course and may depend on an app issue.

I was on 810 but you know all about my problems with chirping by now, right? So 810 isn't an option for me unfortunately.

Straight 732 would be okay but I wanted something a little faster and a few improvements over that so I went for the hybrid which uses files from a higher OS and adds them to 732 to create the hybrid.

As for rebooting, I pull the battery on average once a day anyway because I am a beta tester for several theme developers. As I try their themes and load them on my phone and run theme, they change the colors and fonts on my phone. When I switch back, sometimes it doesn't always go back completely to the original theme I want. So I routinely pull the batt to get back to where I want to be. No biggie. So I DO get back my resources as it were.

The only reason I tried BT at work was to pair with my laptop to transfer files, which I have done before. And should be able to do no problem. And I also have a BT headset that I use in the car and WTF that I gotta wait 9 minutes for my phone to reboot before I can use my BT headset???

I am going to try the BT toggle again...maybe I should NOT use the toggle and just change it in the settings on my phone manually. Maybe it's QL? Naw...I beta tested QL, too. It wasn't a prob then...course I had a diff OS...
    maybe it IS the OS... I dunno...

Where's PC when you need him???? PC?? PC???? PC???
    09-11-10 08:21 PM
    Okie doke, I purchased BB weather but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the weather icon on desktop/homepage??? In addition I have to ask it for current weather each time, it isnt updating??
    09-11-10 11:09 PM
    Okie doke, I purchased BB weather but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the weather icon on desktop/homepage??? In addition I have to ask it for current weather each time, it isnt updating??
    SoCal,
    Open BerryWeather. Did you set a location? Once you did, you bit the menu button (the bb button) and choose settings. then homescreen/notification. Make sure everything on that screen is checked and set your choices there like color you want to show behind the icon etc. Save. it should pop on home screen.

if that doesn't work, post back and we'll try something else!
    09-12-10 07:04 AM
    Also, not all themes can display it on the home screen. I believe that option is theme specific.

09-12-10 08:13 AM
    Also, not all themes can display it on the home screen. I believe that option is theme specific.

this is true if you want to be able to access the icon on the homescreen, but berryweather has the option to set an icon on the homescreen (in a variety of shapes sizes, etc.) no matter what theme you are using.
    09-12-10 08:47 AM
    this is true if you want to be able to access the icon on the homescreen, but berryweather has the option to set an icon on the homescreen (in a variety of shapes sizes, etc.) no matter what theme you are using.
    I never saw that option in settings, I stand corrected then, thanks. Always learning in these forums. Btw, why do theme builders advertise a theme as having a weather slot then?

09-12-10 08:52 AM
    I never saw that option in settings, I stand corrected then, thanks. Always learning in these forums. Btw, why do theme builders advertise a theme as having a weather slot then?

When they say that, they mean its a slot in a prominent place where you can put the weather app icon if you subscribe to one or own one. But you can, theoretically place ANY icon there, not just a weather icon! Sometimes they call it an OCD slot because people are so OCD about the weather.

LOL

Some themes have TWO OCD slots!!! Those are for people like ME! I keep track of my free memory and the weather so I always have two things to worry about! lmao
    09-12-10 10:29 AM
    When they say that, they mean its a slot in a prominent place where you can put the weather app icon if you subscribe to one or own one. But you can, theoretically place ANY icon there, not just a weather icon! Sometimes they call it an OCD slot because people are so OCD about the weather.

LOL

Some themes have TWO OCD slots!!! Those are for people like ME! I keep track of my free memory and the weather so I always have two things to worry about! lmao
    Yeah, I've heard about people like you. LOL.
    My bold does not help my ocd issue, makes it worse.
    If we can't laugh at ourselves we might as well curl up and die. LOL! And LMAO!

09-12-10 10:55 AM
    No luck. I have the temp gauge on home screen and thats it. Weather is 70 hrs old until I manually make it update and no weather icon. I am running the stock theme (I am ashamed to say I'm not sure what different themes do or are for) and all I have is a photo for wallpaper.
    09-12-10 11:22 AM
    No luck. I have the temp gauge on home screen and thats it. Weather is 70 hrs old until I manually make it update and no weather icon. I am running the stock theme (I am ashamed to say I'm not sure what different themes do or are for) and all I have is a photo for wallpaper.
    OK SoCal, Hit the menu button and go to settings and choose General Settings. Forecast update is where you set when it is to change the update time. I set mine for every 15 minutes.

Are you sure the weather icon is not in your DOWNLOADS folder? that's where the app places it until you move it out onto your home screen area.
    09-12-10 11:39 AM
    No I finally got the update figured out right after last post. The weather icon is on home screen but I have seen home screen photos of the icon being up above the home screen icons (does that make sense) maybe its another ap? But I really didnt want it replacing one of the main home screen icons I regularily use. I wanted it in the upper area of the screen where the temp icon is.
    09-12-10 11:50 AM
    Hey that was my 100th post!!
    09-12-10 11:53 AM
23,186 ... 277278279280281 ...