Well Essex Threaders...
    Another celebration is in order!!!
    Everyone get in line to congratulate our newest GENIUS....
    drumroll.....

plkcable...aka PC or more affectionately known as Paul!

Congrats Paul (You've always been MY genius! )

Let's party!!!!
    09-02-10 09:04 AM
    When I was on phone with tech support, I mentioned that my battery seemed to be draining more than usual. Low and behold Mr. FedEx appears at my door yesterday with a brand new battery courtesy of Verizon! Now I have two batteries and my original is not too bad and after the swipe/reset seems to be acting normal or close to normal anyway....go verizon!
    09-02-10 02:53 PM
    Wow SoCal...score!
    Wish I could get a free extra battery!
    Wait...nevermind!
    Thanks PC
    09-02-10 03:44 PM
    Hey gang, been a crazy week so I have not had much time to visit with all of you. Been missing you! Probably won't have too much time this weekend because we are having company, should arrive in a couple of hours. The really unfortuante part is that I have to play golf this afternoon and again tomorrow morning! I know, I can hear it now aaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

PC, congratulations on genius status. I'm with JD, you have been a genius in this thread for a long time.

Socal, glad you got your problems resolved. Yes, VZW can be very generous in sending stuff like a battery to you.

All Ya'll (plural of ya'll, in case your didn't know) have have a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend, don't labor too much.
    09-03-10 09:23 AM
    PC, congratulations on genius status. I'm with JD, you have been a genius in this thread for a long time.

All Ya'll (plural of ya'll, in case your didn't know) have have a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend, don't labor too much.

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the sentiments.

+1 to a happy and safe holiday weekend to all my fellow Essex Ramblers!

Wow SoCal...score!
    Wish I could get a free extra battery!
    Wait...nevermind!
    Thanks PC
    You're welcome, JD! I'm glad it's being put to good use.
    09-03-10 09:27 AM
    Hi everyone and congrats to Paul on his new status as "genius". I hope to make it one day myself. This brings me to an interesting thought I had. I was wondering what triggers the need to resend service books. I see it from time to time mentioned that someone is doing it or suggesting it be done to someone else in order to possibly solve an issue. Is it only suggested if there is an issue, or is there any benefit to doing it anytime? Any harm if there is no issue? Any chance it could cause an issue? Do these "books" come from verizon or rim? What is the procedure? Anyway, just kind of curious. I also wanted to tell everyone to have a safe and fun holiday weekend. For us retired and newly retired EVERYDAY's a holiday, right Bob?
    Ya'll have a good one!!
    09-03-10 10:11 AM
    Thanks, cbreze.

I found a great how-to on resending service books in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/

They come from the carrier, not RIM. As to what they are, I found: "Most phones and hiptop devices are pre-set to look and work a certain way, but with BlackBerry phones, configuration files called service books work with the phone's server to ensure that each application works as designed. When a BlackBerry application stops working, or stops working correctly, users have the option to "resend" service books to their phone to fix the problem. Here are just a few of the things that service books control on a BlackBerry.

Your e-mail accounts, sending and receipt options, and updates between your BlackBerry and its server are controlled by a service book.
    Web
    BlackBerry service books create the web browser icon, keep track of your home page and bookmarks, and tell your BlackBerry how to work with Wi-Fi.
    Messaging
    You can use instant messaging through services like ICQ, AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo and Google, and the service books contain the settings used to keep your information private while it's being transmitted wirelessly. The service books also work with text and picture messaging applications.
    Organization
    Service books have the settings that will synchronize your BlackBerry with your computer's desktop so you won't miss an appointment.
    Downloaded Applications
    Any and all applications that you download for your BlackBerry will need a service book to function correctly."
    09-03-10 10:30 AM
    you guys have got to get a life .... lol
    09-03-10 10:31 AM
    yawn

hey, which apps do you run the most?
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-03-10 at 12:46 PM.
    09-03-10 10:37 AM
    Congrats to PC on your "Genius" status. It's well deserved!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 11:56 AM
    Thanks pc for the explaination re the service books and the link. This is only my 2nd BB. The first was many years ago. What a difference between then and now. WOW!

09-03-10 12:04 PM
    Congrats to PC on your "Genius" status. It's well deserved!

Thanks, prince.

Thanks pc for the explaination re the service books and the link. This is only my 2nd BB. The first was many years ago. What a difference between then and now. WOW!

My pleasure, how-to's with pics are the best! Besides, JD doesn't call me the "King of Links" for nothin' ya know!
    09-03-10 12:07 PM
    Wow mj, I'd like to say it's good to see you again, but I guess I can't.
    Come on here and insult us all for talking nicely to one another
    and trying to educate one another
    and answer one another's questions without drama...

Gee, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning mj?
    Why don't you go bother some jack a-s-s like PI Guy, Dave1812 or some other moron who's always posting and making a fool of themselves?
    09-03-10 12:39 PM
    Wow mj, I'd like to say it's good to see you again, but I guess I can't.
    Come on here and insult us all for talking nicely to one another
    and trying to educate one another
    and answer one another's questions without drama...

Gee, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning mj?
    Why don't you go bother some jack a-s-s like PI Guy, Dave1812 or some other moron who's always posting and making a fool of themselves?
    ROFLMAO, you tell 'em JD. Can you imagine all the wisdom in the other 5,000+ posts?
    09-03-10 12:45 PM
    Where is the "Like" button for JayDee's post up above?

09-04-10 12:58 AM
    Happy Labor Day Weekend Essex Threaders!!!!!

If you need a new theme to try...go to the 9650 forums and try Al3azim's Sidebar theme! He's such a great themer and you might remember he created the Dark Trilogy and Random themes? He's got a new one that you"ll love. Dock hides and you can actually see the icons. Very functional and classy looking.

Wait, here's the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...iendly-524701/

PC is not around to give you the link so I will do it! HAHA

Try the theme. Lag-free and choice of OS5 icons or OS6 hidden today or not.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

PS I almost forgot!!!! Here's a picture of my new Coveroo for my Bold!

What do you think? For those of you who are not NFL fans, that is Donovan McNabb's jersey number and his signature on the back in teams colors with my name as well! I think it's beautiful!!!! Tell me you love it!!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 09-05-10 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added Coveroo
    09-05-10 09:54 AM
    That's pretty cool Jaydee. Are you a Redskins fan or a McNabb fan?

09-05-10 11:31 AM
    That's pretty cool Jaydee. Are you a Redskins fan or a McNabb fan?

Prince,
    I am a diehard Skins fan!
    See the HTTR in my sig?
    Hail To The Redskins!
    Been a Redskins fan for over 40 years...my Dad taught me all about football since I was the first born. He didn't care that I wasn't a boy! lol
    09-05-10 12:20 PM
    I thought so but I wasn't sure. Being as close to Chicago as I am I should be a Bears fan. I'm not really, I actually like college football more. I'm a huge baseball fan.

09-05-10 01:06 PM
    Pretty cool cover JD, leave it to you to find something like that! (How come it's not purple?)

Now I might be interested if the had college teams, UT Longhorns, but otherwise, i'm not very big on football. My love is golf, read, watch and play all I can.

I'll checkout the new theme, I really like his themes and have been using them for a while now.
    09-05-10 08:39 PM
    Pretty cool cover JD, leave it to you to find something like that! (How come it's not purple?)

Now I might be interested if the had college teams, UT Longhorns, but otherwise, i'm not very big on football. My love is golf, read, watch and play all I can.

I'll checkout the new theme, I really like his themes and have been using them for a while now.
    Bob

is this what you want? If you go here, you can see several different views:
    Custom Covers & Cases for Your Phone, iPhone, BlackBerry, iPod & more from Coveroo
    09-05-10 08:57 PM
    JayDee,
    Got the new theme and have set it up. I think I'll like it, I'll use it for a while and see.

Thanks for the link to the Coveroo, I just might order one.
    09-05-10 09:44 PM
    Hola everyone! I saw Berry weather on sale today but don't know much about it. I would like to get some kinda ap that leaves a current weather icon (sun, clouds, etc) on my home screen without draining too much battery....any recommendations?

Oh by the way....go Favre!!
    09-07-10 10:35 AM
    Hola everyone! I saw Berry weather on sale today but don't know much about it. I would like to get some kinda ap that leaves a current weather icon (sun, clouds, etc) on my home screen without draining too much battery....any recommendations?

Oh by the way....go Favre!!
    Ded get berryweather, it is by far without a doubt the best weather app out there for blackberry. Its an added bonus that its half off today too!
    09-07-10 10:36 AM
    Does it run and drain battery to have desktop icon?
    09-07-10 11:12 AM
23,186 ... 276277278279280 ...