Thats great jaydee, glad it's all good again. A simple fix for a really frustrating issue. Sometimes it's the little things that are the solution. Perhaps a good lesson for all of us.
    08-25-10 03:41 PM
    Congrats on the sangria, ahem, I mean fixed BB!
    08-25-10 04:25 PM
    F2 had you ever heard of that solution? Or I mean of that activate handset, activate speakerphone thing?

I asked the rep...Oh I will never forget his name...TJ (my HERO!!!!!!! )
    if it has switched over into headset mode from using earphones or from plugging my bold into my car speakers with an aux cable and he said it could have but it shouldn't stay like that...

So a good lesson for all of us...will make us better troubleshooters in the long run, right? Like cbreze said.
    08-25-10 04:54 PM
    I think I mentioned trying to use the $-key which is the speaker phone. I've heard that some do get stuck in headphone (plug in type) mode but did not think you would hear anything but you were saying you had sound but VERY LOW.

When it gets stuck, the advice has been to plug in phones, play some music and UNplug which should toggle it back into the handset-earpiece (as opposed to speaker/handsfree speaker). Too many "speaker" types. There's the little one for private conversations next to your ear, the handsfree speaker for listening with a crowd (g) and then the headphone-jack speaker and then even a bluetooth speaker.

I gather it can get out of sync of sorts and it needs to be reset. But it is odd that all of your OS installs and reboots and it stayed in the "wrong" mode.
    08-25-10 06:17 PM
    I think I mentioned trying to use the $-key which is the speaker phone. I've heard that some do get stuck in headphone (plug in type) mode but did not think you would hear anything but you were saying you had sound but VERY LOW.

When it gets stuck, the advice has been to plug in phones, play some music and UNplug which should toggle it back into the handset-earpiece (as opposed to speaker/handsfree speaker). Too many "speaker" types. There's the little one for private conversations next to your ear, the handsfree speaker for listening with a crowd (g) and then the headphone-jack speaker and then even a bluetooth speaker.

I gather it can get out of sync of sorts and it needs to be reset. But it is odd that all of your OS installs and reboots and it stayed in the "wrong" mode.
    THAT, to me , is the oddest, of all, F2. I tried 5 different OS installs. And I don't know how many times I pulled the battery and rebooted the phone installing back apps and such afterwards. You would think at some point in time the dang thing would just JUMP back to where its supposed to be ....BUT NOOOOOOOOOO...not MY Baby Bold! Very odd!

And now, of course, everything works like a charm!

Thanks everyone for all your help and ideas!!! I appreciate all the suggestions and advice and all the things you tried to do to help a desperate, crazy woman who was one leg over the railing on the bridge and the other on a banana peel, with a bungee cord in her hand!!!! (and a Baby Bold in her teeth and no guarantee that baby was coming back up when we hit the water either!)
    08-25-10 07:20 PM
    F2 had you ever heard of that solution? Or I mean of that activate handset, activate speakerphone thing?

I asked the rep...Oh I will never forget his name...TJ (my HERO!!!!!!! )
    if it has switched over into headset mode from using earphones or from plugging my bold into my car speakers with an aux cable and he said it could have but it shouldn't stay like that...

So a good lesson for all of us...will make us better troubleshooters in the long run, right? Like cbreze said.
    Interesting solution, now to my problem. I have been having a problem with my bluetooth receiver for my hearing aids. I have lost almost all of the volume to the point where I can barely hear the beeps when the BT is turned on. I can definitely not hear a conversation on the phone well enough to make the device useful.

Using your solution as a guide I tried several things to be sure that the BT was activated, it was and to be sure that the volume was set all the way up. Vol was not all the way up, but I set it up to the max. Then tried turning the BT on and no change in volume. Also did some of these steps with the BT turned on but this didn't work either.

My problem is that I don't know if the problem is with my baby Bold or with the BT device and I don't really have a good way to determine that. Actually, I may be able to test it with my wifes phone and see if that tells me anything. I don't want to have to replace the BT device, they cost more than the baby Bold cost me!

Anybody have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    08-26-10 05:31 PM
    Today Essex Threaders, JayDee was so happy her Baby Bold was working that she installed a HYBRID OS.

Yes...Lyricidal's 732/758

Remember...810 makes me chirp!

So far, so smooth!
    And fast!
    08-26-10 05:50 PM
    Today Essex Threaders, JayDee was so happy her Baby Bold was working that she installed a HYBRID OS.

Yes...Lyricidal's 732/758

Remember...810 makes me chirp!

So far, so smooth!
    And fast!
    Glad to hear something finally worked for you JayDee. Will keep this tip for future reference...as I would not have guessed the solution either.
    08-27-10 11:30 AM
    Wow Essex Threaders...We are not very far from 7K!
    Can you believe it?
    I hardly can myself!

Now on to Bob's problem...Bluetooth sound devices. Bob give us an update please. There are numerous threads about BT problems here and we will research for you...
    Are these simple BT earpieces or something more?
    Pairing ok with the phone?
    Volume on the device itself?
    Tell us more if you can please.
    08-27-10 12:45 PM
    Wondering who will grab the 7,000th post.

As he shamlessly bumps essex to the top

And in so doing puts himself into the "addict" category.
    A new personal milestone. haha!
    08-27-10 03:14 PM
    Wow Essex Threaders...We are not very far from 7K!
    Can you believe it?
    I hardly can myself!

Now on to Bob's problem...Bluetooth sound devices. Bob give us an update please. There are numerous threads about BT problems here and we will research for you...
    Are these simple BT earpieces or something more?
    Pairing ok with the phone?
    Volume on the device itself?
    Tell us more if you can please.
    Last few days have been kind of nuts, not much time to visit with all of your on CB.

Well, I ran several tests last night and have come to the conclusion that the problem is with the the BT device. The device is a BT hands free device that attaches to my hearing aids, serves the same purpose as the ones that most of you use that you hang over your ear only this one has a cord that attaches to my hearing aid. Anyway, I did several tests with my Baby Bold to no avail. I then tried my old Tour it didn't do any better, then I tried my wife's phone (Dumb LG) and got the same results. Thus, I'm pretty convinced that the problem is with the device since all of the phones I tried gave the same results. The volume is very low and I can barely hear the beep(s) that are sounded when the device is turned on or off, it is certainly too low to carry on a converstaion over the phone. I'll be taking it to my audiologist next week to have her send it in for repair, at least I hope they can repair it.

Gotta run, will check back later. (dinner)
    08-27-10 06:50 PM
    I'm thinking it would be very fitting to have TourBoy return from his long absence and post #7,000!
    08-27-10 11:49 PM
    What the hey .....

08-28-10 09:01 AM
    Hi guys. It's been awhile since I posted in this thread. You have been helpful to me and I wanted to help push the thread to
    #7000.
    I wanted to share my recent experience. Based largely upon your glowing endorsements, I took the plunge and purchased Quick Launch when it went on sale recently. Well, a few days later, I received a congratulatory email from CB letting me know that I had won the app in the contest! Of course I was thrilled but I clearly didn't need two copies. I wanted the free one and asked whether the purchase price could be refunded. Guess what? Mobihand processed the refund and authorized me to DL the one that I won in the contest. Sweet! Great experience with CB and Mobihand. I really like the app too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 09:01 AM
    Well, Brooke!!!!
    Congrats! That's a great thing to know that your money was refunded and you got the copy free! I also enjoy a free copy from being chosen as a beta tester.
    Yay!!!

Mr Weller, How I wish we could find the elusive Tourboy again to say hello and thanks to him but alas...he is as endangered as the Karner Blue butterfly...

I have tested my video recorder with great success! I am so pleased! My phone is finally working the way it was before I started messing with OS upgrades, etc. I imagine just about now...OS6 will come out and spoil the works...haha.
    Do we still have openings in our Crackberry fantasy football league? I believe we do! If anyone wants to join, we draft today at 4 eastern! PM me for info. or PM Wizard...he's in charge.
    08-28-10 11:25 AM
    Jaydee

Thanks. : D I have been following your travails with the video recorder and I am glad that you were finally able to get your issues resolved. I am so impressed that you were able to make so many adjustments to your OS and keep your sanity! I was afraid that something like that would happen to me if I tried to upgrade to .810. I decided against doing that, but I am feeling confident to take on OS6 whenever it's released.

08-28-10 01:00 PM
    Would have anyone guessed post 7000 would come before os 6! Okay probably haha
    08-28-10 01:07 PM
    #6998, almost there!
    08-28-10 01:48 PM
    #6999. Who gets the honor of #7000. Jaydee where are you?

08-28-10 02:11 PM
    One step closer!
    Normally I would grab the limelight (now that doesn't sound like me, does it?) but not this time...
    so drum roll please.....

Brooke....ACK!!!!!!
    You beat me to it!!!!!
    You sneaky little sneaky!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHa
    thanks sweetie!!!
    08-28-10 02:13 PM
    NOOooooooo!!!!
    Are the counters different on my BB or something??? I surely didn't mean to take the spotlight. : (
    In my book you're #1 and #7000.
    Now on to 8000 posts. Which do you think will happen first - that or OS 6? Lol.

08-28-10 02:33 PM
    On the PC, it says I'm 7K and you're 7K01...
    the BB says differently?
    Hmmmm....
    No matter...we all get a gold star for staying around this long without Yester having to kick our beehinds out!

I bet OS6 will be here before 8K!!!
    I hope!
    08-28-10 02:36 PM
    On the PC, it says I'm 7K and you're 7K01...
    the BB says differently?
    Hmmmm....
    No matter...we all get a gold star for staying around this long without Yester having to kick our beehinds out!

I bet OS6 will be here before 8K!!!
    I hope!
    It bettr be here before than
    08-28-10 02:58 PM
    Good. That is how it should be. : D
    7000 is quite a milestone. Congrats
    Lots of good information and nice folk in this thread. Hope it keeps going.

08-28-10 02:59 PM
    I did something different and maybe dumb last nite with my bold. I received 2 more pods I had ordered and set one up in my office. The convenience factor alone of having them scattered around is really nice. Anyway now for the possible lapse in judgement part. I tether sometimes and thought , hey the charging/tether port is in the clear when the bold is charging in the pod, so I'm thinking since the charging power while tethered is so slight anyway that maybe I'll pod charge and tether at the same time. Well, after about 30 min. I was done browsing on the laptop, so I pull the bold off the charging pod and man is it ever warm. Like warmer than I've ever felt it. So, I check the batt level which was 25% when I podded it and it's still 25% after 30 min. So weird is what I'm thinking. I stick it in another pod and no charge symbol is visible. Oh, crap. I'm hoping it isn't totally F'd. Took a reboot and all is well. Just saying if nobody's tried this, I'd advise against it. Best part is it's all good again, but it could have turned out badly. Funny, while it was rebooting I had visions of going to verizon and getting another immediatly, shows how fond of this device I am. Glad I'm not setting up a new one right now tho.
    Cheers to crossing the 7000 milestone!
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-28-10 at 04:06 PM.
    08-28-10 04:01 PM
23,186 ... 273274275276277 ...