Nope, it wasn't PodTrapper
    Still no sound with the video recorder...very very low sound. Can barely hear unless you hold to your ear...
    08-23-10 01:43 PM
    How do I make/hide folder??
    08-23-10 02:00 PM
    Never mind, I got it. Once the folder is hidden how do I find it?
    08-23-10 02:07 PM
    Have you tried copying the "sound-bad" videos to your computer to see if there is better sound lurking somewhere? I see nothing affecting sound under video options. Mine video format is normal 480x352. Color effect is normal. I save to the sd card.
    08-23-10 03:36 PM
    Have you tried copying the "sound-bad" videos to your computer to see if there is better sound lurking somewhere? I see nothing affecting sound under video options. Mine video format is normal 480x352. Color effect is normal. I save to the sd card.
    F2, No wonder you are a genius of geniuses!
    My settings are the same as yours and yes, I recorded a "bad sounding short vid and sent it to my PC. Never thought to do that before. With my PC turned up all the way, why you can hear it just fine! Normal! With my PC at half volume, you can't hear it at all!

So what happens if I record a video for a friend, say "Happy Birthday!", send it over BBM and when they get it, can they hear it? Is it just me who can't? That's the next test. Gotta find a test subject...oh Bob....where are you????

or Prince???

PS I just played a vid I recorded on the 4th of July of a parade...well duh!!!! it worked then!!!!
    What have I changed????? It HAS to be an APP!!!!!!!!
    or .732. I had .699 at the time I believe! YES! I went to .732 on Aug 3 so what do you think of this????
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-23-10 at 03:58 PM.
    08-23-10 03:50 PM
    Playing Detective is so much fun when it is YOUR BB and not mine. Actually, it becomes exasperating in any case. Yup, either the OS change or some app but narrowing it down could drive one to drive - not a bad option but it might muddle things more.

So there is sound on your computer but it is still very low at what might be a normal playback volume. That means it is the video file probably.

I guess what apps do you have that directly deal with sound or music playback? gps with vocal directions? a reader program?
    08-23-10 04:24 PM
    I guess what apps do you have that directly deal with sound or music playback? gps with vocal directions? a reader program?
    F2,
    I had PodTrapper, which i removed for a test, but that did not solve it.
    I also had Garmin Mobile, but also removed it and that did not solve it either.
    I do not have anything else besides music. Come to think of it, music playback is very very quiet also. Sonofawhore!!!!!!!!

What is going on here?????????

I should be able to blast a song outta the speakers. I can barely hear it!!!!
    Help please!!!!
    08-23-10 06:16 PM
    Have you tried pressing the Speaker Key ($, I believe) to swap between head phone and speaker? What about trying headphones and then unplugging them? Could be a bad device.
    08-23-10 06:48 PM
    I have no idea what is causing your speaker volume to be so low. How is your speakerphone volume?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 07:15 PM
    Hmmm, only low volume issues I have are with ringtones and weak vibrate on official .732 release from Vzw. Recorded videos are fine.

08-23-10 07:21 PM
    I have no idea what is causing your speaker volume to be so low. How is your speakerphone volume?
    Hmmm, only low volume issues I have are with ringtones and weak vibrate on official .732 release from Vzw. Recorded videos are fine.
    This is so weird. Speakerphone volumes are fine. Normal. Ringtones and vibrate are fine as well. But music is weak through speaker and recorder video sound is practically non-existent. Only thing I can think of is .732.

I had .699 with ZERO problems
    Went to .810 and developed the chirp
    Went to .732 and developed all these other problems...
    Do you think I was only meant to have .699?

I have a copy of .699 installed on my PC ready to go (Shrunk and all!)
    I have a copy of Lyricidal's hybrid, too for 699/732

Next move?...
    (Besides drinking...which is what F2 suggested a while back! Not a bad idea BTW)
    08-23-10 08:28 PM
    This is so weird. Speakerphone volumes are fine. Normal. Ringtones and vibrate are fine as well. But music is weak through speaker and recorder video sound is practically non-existent. Only thing I can think of is .732.

Next move?...
    (Besides drinking...which is what F2 suggested a while back! Not a bad idea BTW)
    The way I see it you have three choices.

1. Try the 699/732 hybrid
    2. Go back to .699 (since it worked for you before with no problems, audio and chirp)
    3. Grab the bottle and let's start drinking now!

Seriously, with all the changes you've been through today, I might start drinking for you!!!
    08-23-10 08:38 PM

Next move?...
    What a mell of a day this has been, battery problems on the wife's car and had to get a replacement, shop manager couldn't come in on time because she needed to have her cat put down, had to open for her. The long and the short of it is this had been a crazy day and I'm just now getting a chance to check out CB.

JD, in your combos you have not mentioned .810 with .699 sfi file. Have you tried that? .810 has been supurb for most except the few that have gotten the chirp, and their only problem has been the chirp which I think we can attribute to the sfi file(s). If you have not tried that combo I would suggest you do that.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest you get on BlackBerry's own forum and pose the question. I think there are some folks there that are pretty close to RIM if not RIM employees and they may have some info that could help.

Beyond that, drown your sorrows in Chocolate shakes, Ice Cream or Lemon-aide. Don't want to recommend alcohol because if you drive and one of NY's finest stops you I would not want to be construed as having been behind that incident...
    08-23-10 10:00 PM
    Something mentioned above gave me another idea

Have you tried playing a video - movie, tv, whatever - on the device? Not one you have tried to create. Or maybe one of the guys can ship you one they created.
    08-23-10 10:53 PM
    JD, in your combos you have not mentioned .810 with .699 sfi file. Have you tried that? .810 has been supurb for most except the few that have gotten the chirp, and their only problem has been the chirp which I think we can attribute to the sfi file(s). If you have not tried that combo I would suggest you do that.
    Bob, sorry you had such a terrible day!
    and i did drown my sorrows with red velvet cake and NOT drink...so not to worry! Only my waistline suffers!

Now as for trials:
    I DID insert 732 radio files in the 810 OS and what I got was a phone which booted fine but had NO sounds. The phone wouldn't ring, no SMS tones, nothing. So no go on that!

F2...Interesting thought there. I have videos on my card so I played:
    a movie I downloaded...low sound
    a movie I recorded off my nephew previously...loud sound
    a movie of a parade i recorded previously...loud sound
    a commercial off of tv i downloaded...low sound

Don't know what this means...but there it it.
    I think 699 is my best bet. Back to the drawing board as they say...
    08-24-10 07:22 AM
    jaydee, I think you've got us all stumped with the issues you're having. Has anyone else reported similar problems?
    08-24-10 07:48 AM
    jaydee, I think you've got us all stumped with the issues you're having. Has anyone else reported similar problems?
    No problems here, and I must say I certainly feel sorry for jaydee and her pain of issues. I've been very good running 810 now since it first surfaced, no issues with it at all and it is def the best os yet for me anyway.
    Sorry jaydee, wish I had the answer for you. We can hope for a leak of the BB6 to solve your issues.
    08-24-10 09:57 AM
    Hola! Hey do I need a larger SD card? I don't put music on my phone but do take photos. Do my applications use the SD card?
    08-24-10 12:55 PM
    Did you buy your card already SoCal?
    Your apps don't go on the storage card. They go in device memory. Only songs and pics, vids go on the card. I have a 16GB and mine is nearly full, lol. But an 8 would be okay to start. You might want to but a larger one as you add more things.

I keep a lot of themes in folders and wallpapers, pictures galore and a few movies, too!!!! Plus tons of music. Really, you can fit a lot on one card.
    08-24-10 09:20 PM
    Jaydee, I got it and everything seems to be okay. I have zero music no movies (where the heck do you get movies) and 85 pictures (mostly of my four legged kids). The Bold is heading to several european countries in a few weeks so we will see how this "world phone" works. during my 2 1/2 weeks of travel I will try to post something on CB (still havent had much luck with the mobile app).
    08-25-10 01:02 AM
    Jaydee, I got it and everything seems to be okay. I have zero music no movies (where the heck do you get movies) and 85 pictures (mostly of my four legged kids). The Bold is heading to several european countries in a few weeks so we will see how this "world phone" works. during my 2 1/2 weeks of travel I will try to post something on CB (still havent had much luck with the mobile app).
    socal, what has been the problem with the mobile app?
    08-25-10 06:37 AM
    SoCal, before you go, make sure you get advice from someone here on which sim card to get or whatever you need to do to use your phone in Europe. I have no idea how they charge you and how they figure roaming charges, data charges etc. Someone with experience will let you know where to get a sim card and how much they cost and what to tell VZW, etc...

Make sure you ask here first...
    08-25-10 07:06 AM
    For UNlimited Data Verizon's Global basically adds another $35/month and it will be prorated, so 2 weeks have, 3 weeks, 3/4. I thought it was worth it last summer while gone for 3 weeks. For another $5/month, they reduce the price of phones calls to exorbitant but not extra-exorbitant! Texting is something I don't know about but is NOT included (I don't think).

I believe coming up with pay-as-you-go bb data is harder but may be available. You do have to unlock the sim card slot before you go. Verizon does it for free it you meet their qualifications.
    08-25-10 09:42 AM
    Hellllllllooooooo Essex Threaders!!!!!
    Yes JayDee is happy and she is drinking sangria!!!!
    That means a celebration is in order...OLE

My Baby Bold is once again whole and fixed and operational!
    The music plays out of the handset loud and clear!
    The video recorder records videos at a normal to loud volume!
    (Oh and no more chirp...tee hee)

Can I say this first off: TJ of VZW will you marry me?

I went back to .699 but it didn't do the trick, so I called VZW and TJ told me that I had the music and sound going through the headphone jack instead of the speaker. I think someone here mentioned that before (Bob, F2 or prince?) So he had me start a vid, pause it, use the menu button and choose ACTIVATE HANDSET....

oh baby
    the rest is history....
    I can hear it all again!!!!!! Yay
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-25-10 at 02:34 PM.
    08-25-10 02:31 PM
    Congrats Jaydee, what a simple fix for a major problem. I'm glad your baby Bold is BACK!! Now, do a little happy dance.

08-25-10 03:28 PM
23,186 ... 272273274275276 ...