I was going out to mow this afternoon. But now I can't see the lawn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 01:20 PM

Prince...ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
    08-21-10 01:35 PM
    Hey JayDee, mine works fine as well. Didn't see your other post asking this question.
    I'm running the .810v also could not see how to adjust volume while in filming mode or off either one, so I'm assuming it is an auto setting. Thought maybe yours was set to low maybe.
    my light never came on btw so whats with all the blindness issues anyway?
    08-21-10 03:18 PM

That could be a good thing. For me, the upper lawn runs along a retaining wall and a plunge of about 4 feet - so unsafe at any speed. That light is sure bright - she could have warned us.

edited to add: I believe my light is ON because one of those "flashlight" programs uses it.
    08-21-10 03:22 PM
    Apparently your lights are coming on automatically then. I tested mine inside and did not have the light come on. The vid looked fine, although the room is slightly dim. I use a flashlight program and know the light works, although my flashlight app uses the light on the front, now that I think about it. Gonna try and get mine to come on with the vid cam running.

EDIT: got my light to work, and wow that is bright. At least I know it works.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-21-10 at 03:35 PM.
    08-21-10 03:27 PM
    Prince...ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
    +1

JayDee, you might try running the volume on you baby up a bit if you still have some left; also there is an option for the video recorder to set "Audio Boost" to on, that may help as well.

I'm not aware of any other mic volume adjustments of this phone.
    08-21-10 05:29 PM

Maybe you'll have to mow after dark...
    08-21-10 05:30 PM
    +1

JayDee, you might try running the volume on you baby up a bit if you still have some left; also there is an option for the video recorder to set "Audio Boost" to on, that may help as well.

I'm not aware of any other mic volume adjustments of this phone.
    Bob, where is the audio boost???
    08-21-10 05:37 PM
    I've had that song "Blinded by the light" in my head all afternoon!

08-21-10 05:44 PM
    Bob, where is the audio boost???
    I went to the media folder and highlighted the vid camera, then I pressed the BB key and selected options. Scroll down a bit and there it will be!
    08-21-10 06:00 PM
    Apparently your lights are coming on automatically then. I tested mine inside and did not have the light come on. The vid looked fine, although the room is slightly dim. I use a flashlight program and know the light works, although my flashlight app uses the light on the front, now that I think about it. Gonna try and get mine to come on with the vid cam running.

EDIT: got my light to work, and wow that is bright. At least I know it works.
    Yes - it is bright!
    08-21-10 07:20 PM
    Yes - it is bright!
    We could land planes with that light!
    08-21-10 07:26 PM
    We could land planes with that light!
    ROFLMAO, I can just see it now, the pilot and co-pilot are leaning out their respective windows shinning their berries light at the runway!
    08-21-10 08:11 PM
    Anybody use BerryReader for RSS ?
    I used the trial and I like it because I use Google Reader and it syncs really well with it. But I'm afraid I don't know how to use it properly.
    I can't seem to get the rest of the story from the little blurb or title info that you are given for each story and I feel like a dummy again.

Anyone else use it who could help me?
    I'm still trying to decide what to do about my video recorder problem.

I took the camera .cod and the videorecorder.cod from 810 and stuck it in my 732 folder and I was thinking of running the OS again. But maybe I should do it the otherway around. Put on 810 with all new files and just stick the 732 radio files in the CDMA folder and be done with it.

Either way, I have to set up all my apps again and all 15 of my themes. Damn.
    08-21-10 08:39 PM
    I used the trial and I like it because I use Google Reader and it syncs really well with it. But I'm afraid I don't know how to use it properly.
    I can't seem to get the rest of the story from the little blurb or title info that you are given for each story and I feel like a dummy again.

I took the camera .cod and the videorecorder.cod from 810 and stuck it in my 732 folder and I was thinking of running the OS again. But maybe I should do it the otherway around. Put on 810 with all new files and just stick the 732 radio files in the CDMA folder and be done with it.

JayDee, the last time I did an upgrade I first made a backup of my baby using DM. I went through the switch device process until it asked me to plug in the new device. At that point I copied the folder entitled with my pin number to a folder where I keep these backups. I then cancelled the device switch. I also did a normal backup with DM. Following this I did the SW Upgrade and then applied both of those backup files and I seem to recall that everything was there and just like it was before I started.

Please understand that with my level of CRS I could be wrong but I don't think so. Hopefully someone on this thread can confirm the process.
    08-21-10 09:50 PM

You could try using BBSAK to remove those cods from your existing phone and then use it to reload the versions you want. If that does not work, you can then go on to load a hybrid.
    08-21-10 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice F2. I will try the BBSAK thing but I have a feeling I am going to be reloading the OS anyway.

I have a few other problems that need to be addressed:

1.the low or non-existent sound on the video recorder
    2.the chirping on the vzw m2m calls (will have to sub 699 radio files)
    3.the inability to set caller id pictures and have them STAY put after Google sync removes them...seems like every sync they are removed!!! How do I make them stay???

These three frustrations are making me thing my OS has crapped the bed and needs to be blown away and replaced...do you think an upgrade to 810 with 699 radio files will do it?
    08-22-10 11:05 AM
    jaydee, I didn't know you were still having the chirp problem. I don't have the chirp at all. That's weird.

08-22-10 11:12 AM
    Phone is still great after receiving june 4th. Running .810 smoothly. Just an update if sorts.
    08-22-10 09:17 PM
    Took some firework videos last night and the sound comes out just as loud on playback on my phone. No chirping problem either.
    08-22-10 10:54 PM
    I started at 7:30 this morning and I have loaded an OS four times now. Still can't find a combo I like.
    Think I am going back to straight 732 unfortunately. I experimented with all sorts of homemade hybrids and other hybrids and nothing made me happy. So here I go again...

After 4 hours, I an going to install 732 and this time, this is it. Chirpy phone and Video recorder with no sound I am stuck with.

Happy Monday and welcome to my world.
    08-23-10 10:03 AM
    Does the VOICE recorder has decent sound or is it also too low?
    08-23-10 12:27 PM
    No F2 the voice recorder is just fine! That comes out in normal tone, quality and volume. Its only the sound with the video. A setting? I have pod trapper installed. Could that be causing a conflict? I wouldnt think so but I will uninstall and report back.

08-23-10 12:38 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm still happy with .732 and thanks to all you guiny pigs, I'm staying with it. How the heck to I remove all the icons/programs I don't use off my phone/home screen? Verizon pre loaded alot of stuff that I don't need/want. Thanks and happy Monday even though its my saturday!
    08-23-10 01:33 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm still happy with .732 and thanks to all you guiny pigs, I'm staying with it. How the heck to I remove all the icons/programs I don't use off my phone/home screen? Verizon pre loaded alot of stuff that I don't need/want. Thanks and happy Monday even though its my saturday!
    SoCal,
    You don't get rid of them. You create a folder and move them into it and then hide the folder. That's the best you can do to get rid of them.
    08-23-10 01:37 PM
23,186 ... 271272273274275 ...