I seldom have need of a calculator, when I do and not at home I use the oem one.

JayDee,
    Have you loaded the Random theme? I got it and when I activated it most if not all of my 3P apps were gone along with a few of the native ones. Have you had this problem?

The one thing that occurs to me is that I have most of my icons in folders so they don't clutter my home screen. These are the ones that disappeared. They were in folders that I created. I even went to the file manager and tried to find the folders but they didn't seem to exist. Very strange.
    08-18-10 04:28 PM
    I seldom have need of a calculator, when I do and not at home I use the oem one.

JayDee,
    Have you loaded the Random theme? I got it and when I activated it most if not all of my 3P apps were gone along with a few of the native ones. Have you had this problem?

The one thing that occurs to me is that I have most of my icons in folders so they don't clutter my home screen. These are the ones that disappeared. They were in folders that I created. I even went to the file manager and tried to find the folders but they didn't seem to exist. Very strange.
    Bob, I use Random !!!!
    I love it and have used it since it came out!
    All your 3rd party apps icons are in the downloads folder.
    You DID leave that folder alone did you not???
    Move them from there to the the home folder and they will be on your home screen again.
    08-18-10 04:34 PM
    Just got an email from CB store that QL 3.0.3 is available for download. I'm downloading it now.
    08-18-10 04:34 PM
    Just got an email from CB store that QL 3.0.3 is available for download. I'm downloading it now.
    I get a free copy cause I was a BETA tester ....
    NAh Nah NAh NAh NAH!!!!!!!!
    08-18-10 04:42 PM
    Thats nice, Bob let us know if it keeps your old Q/L settings intact. Be a pain to have to redo all.
    08-18-10 04:43 PM
    Thats nice, Bob let us know if it keeps your old Q/L settings intact. Be a pain to have to redo all.
    cbreze, it does keep everything intect. just use the backup setting and it will work. I was a beta tester and it kept all my setting plus there are many more things you can add.

You'll love the new features!!!

I think prince was a beta tester too!!!
    08-18-10 05:07 PM
    I get a free copy cause I was a BETA tester ....
    NAh Nah NAh NAh NAH!!!!!!!!
    They charged me $1.99 for it; however, according to the release announcement in this forum I should get it free since I bought it after the date in the announcement. I'll be contacting them about that.

I did get it downloaded and it did keep all of my settings; however, as I went through the options list I noticed that my copy is for OS 4.7 instead of OS 5.0+. I have sent them an email asking how to download the correct version.
    08-18-10 10:38 PM
    Hey Bob and cbreze I was a Beta tester also for QL. I agree with Jaydee, you guys will love the new features. I think it's even better!!
    08-18-10 11:10 PM
    Hey Bob and cbreze I was a Beta tester also for QL. I agree with Jaydee, you guys will love the new features. I think it's even better!!
    Sounds great. I'd like to give it a go, but having a problem finding it on mobi hand in my acct. I had this issue with a theme once. Couldn't find it even tho I bought it. Weird. Unless the dev has pity on me I'd have to repurchase. I have the code and all as I keep a hard copy of all app codes. Don't know whats up over at mobihand, but it's starting to pi$$ me off. 1st time I thought a fluke maybe but now again. Not sure what I'll do. It flat out rubs me wrong and goes against my principals to pay twice.
    08-19-10 12:41 AM
    Got it straight, I now have the QL version for OS 5.0 loaded on my bB. I have not had much time to play with it yet, but what I have seen so far looks good. I've also printed off the developer's announcement that has all of the new features so that I can figure out what is here and how to use them. I'm sure I will like them as much as I liked the old QL.

Still have not heard from Mobihand regarding the $1.99 they charged me for the upgrade. I purchased in July, the announcement said that if the purchase was after 1/31/2010 then the upgrade was free. I've sent an email to Mobihand but not heard back.
    08-19-10 05:52 PM
    Glad you got the right version finally Bob.

Hey Essex threaders! Here's another JayDee story for you:

Today I sent to buy my groceries and I got a BBM text message from a friend who said "why did you just call me and not say anything?"
    I said Wha? When?
    And my friend said "just now you called..." Sure enough, the dreaded PURSE DIALING!!!!!

So I put the keyboard LOCK on and toss the Baby Bold in my purse and continue with groceries. At the checkout I get another BBM message so I take off the lock, answer the message and toss the phone back in my purse, forgetting to lock the keyboard, of course. Loading groceries, doesn't my phone call the same friend, AGAIN????

And his text said "You did it again?"

So I said "For my next trick I will run over my phone in Walmart's parking lot and a pigeon will use the radio component to make calls, using what used to be JayDee's blackberry!"

Moral of the story: USE YOUR KEYBOARD LOCK AND DON'T BE A DUMMY LIKE ME!

How embarrassing!
    08-19-10 06:36 PM
    Glad you got the right version finally Bob.

Hey Essex threaders! Here's another JayDee story for you:

Today I sent to buy my groceries and I got a BBM text message from a friend who said "why did you just call me and not say anything?"
    I said Wha? When?
    And my friend said "just now you called..." Sure enough, the dreaded PURSE DIALING!!!!!

So I put the keyboard LOCK on and toss the Baby Bold in my purse and continue with groceries. At the checkout I get another BBM message so I take off the lock, answer the message and toss the phone back in my purse, forgetting to lock the keyboard, of course. Loading groceries, doesn't my phone call the same friend, AGAIN????

And his text said "You did it again?"

So I said "For my next trick I will run over my phone in Walmart's parking lot and a pigeon will use the radio component to make calls, using what used to be JayDee's blackberry!"

Moral of the story: USE YOUR KEYBOARD LOCK AND DON'T BE A DUMMY LIKE ME!

How embarrassing!
    With your array of cases I would have thought you had one that would prevent such occurances. You need a case that has the magnet to lock it for you.

I often setoff the alarm in my truck when my keys are in my pocket and somehow the security remote's alarm button is pressed. Very annoying and sometimes embarrasing depending on where one might be.
    08-19-10 09:01 PM
    Good Morning Essex threaders,

I took my son to college yesterday. For those of you who have experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. At least I know he's hooked up with his new Bold. It's good to be back on the forum today. Have a great day everybody!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 06:59 AM
    I can relate to the college/child drop off experience. In my case a daughter, who's 28 now and out making a good living. They do grow up fast.
    Good day to all "BOLDER's" out there. Speaking of that other Boulder way up in the rockies. Think I'll be going there soon. Ah the retired lifestyle is grand. Anyone been there and have any "must see" places?

08-20-10 11:51 AM
    Picked this theme up on handango's free app friday. If anybody's interested it's free till friday midnite. I'm kinda diggin' it.

Last edited by cbreze; 08-20-10 at 03:55 PM.
    08-20-10 03:46 PM
    Picked this theme up on handango's free app friday. If anybody's interested it's free till friday midnite. I'm kinda diggin' it.

I guess I am not holding my mouth right, I tried to download it (OS 5.0) and when I entered the promo it told me that there were no items in my cart for which the promo applied. I was doing it from my babby Bold. Is it only for the OS 4.7 version?
    08-20-10 05:26 PM
    I guess I am not holding my mouth right, I tried to download it (OS 5.0) and when I entered the promo it told me that there were no items in my cart for which the promo applied. I was doing it from my babby Bold. Is it only for the OS 4.7 version?
    Yeah if these were iphones we'd most likely not be holding them right.
    Here's what I did: It's for the 9700 btw but 9700 themes work fine./ go to handango's full site from your pc./
    find the theme(it flashes on the main screen)/ it wants credit card info, If you aleady have an acct then no biggie. It will already show the $0 price as you go thru the steps. Finally when you get to the end it will ask sms or email DL link. I chose email as my phone # is private. It took about an hour to get the link via email, maybe they're servers were busy. The link was not clickable from my bold so I had to copy/paste in my browser. Boom, done.
    08-20-10 06:03 PM
    Yeah if these were iphones we'd most likely not be holding them right.
    Here's what I did: It's for the 9700 btw but 9700 themes work fine./ go to handango's full site from your pc./
    find the theme(it flashes on the main screen)/ it wants credit card info, If you aleady have an acct then no biggie. It will already show the $0 price as you go thru the steps. Finally when you get to the end it will ask sms or email DL link. I chose email as my phone # is private. It took about an hour to get the link via email, maybe they're servers were busy. The link was not clickable from my bold so I had to copy/paste in my browser. Boom, done.
    I saw on the site that they had the various phones there, I'll give it a try. Thanks I'll let you know what happens. If I don't get it, oh well...

OK, it worked as far as the order/purchase phase is concerned. I'm waiting on the email with the download link to arrive. Based on your experience I'll not hold my breath...
    Last edited by BoDeb; 08-20-10 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Add update info
    08-20-10 07:58 PM
    I just got it downloaded here too...not entirely sold on it...but the price was right!

What are you guys running for battery apps? I've got the free BatteryWatch app but would like a better way to keep tabs on my battery life! Thoughts and opinions welcome!
    08-20-10 11:10 PM
    I just got it downloaded here too...not entirely sold on it...but the price was right!

What are you guys running for battery apps? I've got the free BatteryWatch app but would like a better way to keep tabs on my battery life! Thoughts and opinions welcome!
    Re: the theme , I was a little meh with it at first, but dang if it isn't growing on me. I'm likin' it.

You want to monitor your energy usage? I have not found any need yet. I've discovered the charging pod. BB makes the best charging pods ever. I've used others that just didn't cut it. Anyway I plop it into a pod. I'm putting pods in likely spots. They are dirt cheap.
    08-20-10 11:29 PM
    I like the idea of the charging pods but I am using a Otter Box Defender on my Bold so I don't destroy it when I am at the farm or hunting...

08-21-10 11:54 AM
    Mrweller...I use Batteryex...There is a free and a paid version.
    I liked the free version so much I actually bought the dang thing!

I got a question for you Essex threaders. COuld some of you get back to me on this? I posted a question and 40 people have looked at it but NOT ONE person has offered a solution!

My video recorder records with low or NO SOUND!!!
    What's up with that?
    For instance: I record myself saying, "Happy Birthday Lizzie Anne! I haven't seen you in forever. We need to get together soon!" And when I play it back all you see is me, my mouth moving and you can barely hear me! Is this all part of the low sound problem?

Does your Bold do the same thing?
    Is it me?
    Help!
    08-21-10 01:01 PM
    I just tested mine (you will receive the bill from my opthomologist for eye surgery to restore my BB induced light-blindness!!!!) and the volume was fine. Are you sure you are not covering the microphone hole? I'm using OS .810 (I think you mentioned something about chirp problems in one OS)
    08-21-10 01:13 PM
    I just tested mine (you will receive the bill from my opthomologist for eye surgery to restore my BB induced light-blindness!!!!) and the volume was fine. Are you sure you are not covering the microphone hole? I'm using OS .810 (I think you mentioned something about chirp problems in one OS)
    F2 I know what you mean...I just tested mine again and as I type this I have a hole in my vision...

So now my only choice is a hybrid OS...810 and a radio file from 732 I guess...well let me call on the power of Dr. Frankenstein inside me that lives and see if I can create one.

Anyone else have a problem.

I just tested mine again and nope...can hardly hear me...
    08-21-10 01:18 PM
    I just tested mine too and the volume was fine.

08-21-10 01:19 PM
23,186 ... 270271272273274 ...