google maps
    power mem
    quick launch
    radical flashlite
    tether
    bolt
    bloomberg
    BB appWorld
    Also the two oem themes and three others. Can't compete with JayDee tho. Her babybold must weigh a ton.
    08-12-10 12:12 AM
    So why am I the only one with less than 300 MB but yet have one of the smaller number of apps installed? and less than a DOZEN themes JayDee!!!
    Hmmmmm
    OK Mrweller...
    Psst...I have a secret I forgot to tell you!
    I NEVER install a straight OS. I always SHRINK the H-E- double pitchforks outta it with BB Hybrid Tools found here: BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

This allows me to delete all things I do not want from my OS before I install it; like all games, all sample videos, pictures, bb maps, all languages, all social networking except BBM, stc... I routinely save myself about 30 to 50 MB of memory before I add on all my apps and my beloved themes...

Yes, I am going a bit overboards with them I grant you that.

But have you seen al3azim's new Random???? And the rest of his stuff?

Anyway. if anyone needs help with BB Hybrid Tools, PM me or search the link I gave you. Its very valuable when loading an OS.

PS I haven't heard any chirping for the past few days either! So far so good. Still on .732 Haven't created my monster hybrid yet. Was nearly at the end of my rope. Looked into a hybrid on the Beta/Hybrid forums but that one has 732/810 radio files and we know where that leaves me...so for now I stand pat. Fingers crossed
    08-12-10 06:49 AM
    Just curious - how much free memory is everyone running on their Bolds and approx. how many apps/themes?
    I have 313.3, no themes other than what comes pre-installed, and

BerryBuzz
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    BerryWeather
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Google Sync
    Google Voice
    Gmail
    Facebook
    08-12-10 07:33 AM
    I boot with 314.7

3 custom themes.
    Berry Buzz
    Personal Assistant
    Wallpaper Changer (beta)
    Google Voice
    Wordpress
    Vlingo
    Viigo
    Google Sync
    Crackberry Superstore
    Quicklaunch
    BeWeather
    Facebook
    GTalk
    Y! Messenger
    Sprint Navigation
    Blackberry Traffic (beta)
    08-12-10 11:09 AM
    I have 307.9 mb of memory free at the moment. As I made a list of the programs that I have installed I realized that I need to get rid of some of them because I don't use them. House cleaning is coming.

2 Stock Themes
    2 Themes from Al3azim - Change and Dark Trilogy (I'll need to look at Random more closely, may get it too)
    Iheart radio - may get rid of this
    Docs to Go
    BerryWeather
    Olive Tree Bible Reader
    Tether
    SimpleTrax
    QuickPull
    QuickLaunch
    Personal Assistant
    Mobi Pocket Reader
    Meter Berry
    FC Tasks (FC = FranklinCovey Planning software)
    FC Sync
    FC Projects
    FC Notes
    CaptureIt
    CB Launcher
    Berry Buzz (Free)
    Backup Assistant (I think this is on the chopping block)
    BBNote Pad
    SuperStore (CB)
    Google Maps
    Texas Longhorns News
    SpeedTest
    Pocket Informant

I have a few utilities not listed here, some of which I may get rid of. Time will tell.

I think I have way to many apps so I'll be taking a look at that soon. I'm going to use the shrink idea before any future OS installs, like that idea.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 08-12-10 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fat Fingers
    08-12-10 03:54 PM
    Happy Friday the 13th Essex Threaders!
    I haven't been on the boards much lately. Life has been...um...interesting to say the least. Anyway, I have to say that these Bolds are built quite well and are very durable. I can say this for a fact as I have managed to be slippery fingers lately and have dropped my Bold several times on a carpeted floor over the past few days. Oh maybe 5 or 6 times...

I KNOW, RIGHT? What's with that? and no drinking, either!
    But anyway, the phone is fine and plugging along like a champ!
    Or like Bob would say, wheezing along like a champ!
    LOL!

Enjoy the weekend!
    08-13-10 01:51 PM
    Happy Friday the 13th Essex Threaders!
    I haven't been on the boards much lately. Life has been...um...interesting to say the least. Anyway, I have to say that these Bolds are built quite well and are very durable. I can say this for a fact as I have managed to be slippery fingers lately and have dropped my Bold several times on a carpeted floor over the past few days. Oh maybe 5 or 6 times...

I KNOW, RIGHT? What's with that? and no drinking, either!
    But anyway, the phone is fine and plugging along like a champ!
    Or like Bob would say, wheezing along like a champ!
    LOL!

Enjoy the weekend!
    Do we need to get you some rubber surgical gloves so you don't drop your baby? If it falls on a hard surface it could disastrous!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 04:34 PM
    The "essex" ramblings thread is movin' kinda slow. Maybe it's the heat, 112 today. Ouch. Of course much cooler other places like upstate New York. Got trips planned to cooler climes but can't get there quick enough to suit me. It seems everyone else involved has to work around a job.
    I've been lurking and posting a little over in the 9800 forum. It seems they also are experiencing some issues like alot of us did with a new release. I wonder whats up with RIM. It has to be very costly for them to have to deal with alot of returned devices. Like everything else these days, quality control isn't always what it used to be.
    Everybody's bolds cookin' along ok I trust. Jaydee sounds like she's livin' awful close to the edge with her baby bold. I have not dropped mine yet(knock's wood quickly). Have a good weekend all.
    08-13-10 06:39 PM
    The "essex" ramblings thread is movin' kinda slow. Maybe it's the heat, 112 today. Ouch. Of course much cooler other places like upstate New York. Got trips planned to cooler climes but can't get there quick enough to suit me. It seems everyone else involved has to work around a job.
    I've been lurking and posting a little over in the 9800 forum. It seems they also are experiencing some issues like alot of us did with a new release. I wonder whats up with RIM. It has to be very costly for them to have to deal with alot of returned devices. Like everything else these days, quality control isn't always what it used to be.
    Everybody's bolds cookin' along ok I trust. Jaydee sounds like she's livin' awful close to the edge with her baby bold. I have not dropped mine yet(knock's wood quickly). Have a good weekend all.
    Right with you on the heat, 109 here today with 80+ humidity.

Edit/Add: To make matters worse, one of our A/C units, the one that serves the bedrooms, went on the fritz last night. It was well over 80 back there last night and when I checked it a little bit ago it was 87. Like sleeping in an oven. It's looking like the A/C man will not make it her tonight so we won't see him until tomorrow morning. This is more than annoying!

I'm with you on the QC on RIM's new devices. I wonder about how much real world testing is getting done on these devices before they drop. I'm thinking that it is not nearly enough. I have got to believe that they should be using beta testers other than the guys that have these sites and shops which is what I think they are doing. I would like to see them give a few test devices to regular users like they do with SW beta testing, I think they would get a lot more real world information that would help avoid some of these issues. Just my thoughts.

I'm worried that JayDee is going to have a catastrophe if she continues to drop her baby. That would really not be a good thing.

Last edited by BoDeb; 08-13-10 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Add additional comments
    08-13-10 07:21 PM
    We are now a two Bold 9650 family! I just bought my son his first blackberry today. He's off to college later this week. It's exciting to watch a newbie with his first berry.
    08-14-10 10:27 PM
    Prince
    Its fantastic to see you spreading the love and knowledge of the Bold to your son! Long live the bb in your family! Very cool! Best wishes to junior in college! Not the easiest of long hauls, we know! But having a Blackberry will make the journey more fun and a bit more efficient!

We are now a two Bold 9650 family! I just bought my son his first blackberry today. He's off to college later this week. It's exciting to watch a newbie with his first berry.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-15-10 at 07:01 AM.
    08-14-10 10:34 PM
    Nice. I find it interesting how the younger crowd is enjoying the BB world with all those flashy iphones and droids out there. Maybe they are enjoying getting back to basics. Just goes to show you even the younger late teen/20 somethings know a good solid device and aren't taken in by all the flashy bling. Of course in this case prince, maybe you let him get a good sample preview in that swayed him over.
    08-15-10 01:57 AM
    Nice. I find it interesting how the younger crowd is enjoying the BB world with all those flashy iphones and droids out there. Maybe they are enjoying getting back to basics. Just goes to show you even the younger late teen/20 somethings know a good solid device and aren't taken in by all the flashy bling. Of course in this case prince, maybe you let him get a good sample preview in that swayed him over.
    You know he never even mentoined that he wanted a droid. We went to VZW to get a Bold. However, the sales guy tried to push him towards a droid. My son has seen my Bold of course and he has a friend who has a Bold, so he knew what he wanted.
    Last edited by princebb; 08-15-10 at 08:36 AM.
    08-15-10 08:34 AM
    Hey, what's the deal here, almost 30 hours without a post... How will we ever get to 7k at this rate?

Prince, congratulations for training your son so well...
    08-16-10 03:03 PM
    Hey, what's the deal here, almost 30 hours without a post... How will we ever get to 7k at this rate?

Prince, congratulations for training your son so well...
    Bob, you are SOOO right!
    Thank you for taking me to task!
    I have been so busy with summer school that I haven't been able to post at all!

OK, have you hear that I am beta testing all the QuickLaunch 3.0 goodness?
    MMMMMMMM....yes indeed!
    gotta keep it all under my hat though.

Happy Monday Essex Threaders...here we go to 7K
    08-16-10 03:45 PM
    I've been em-BOLD-ened to make a shameless post to up our count. LOL!
    Jaydee , looking forward to trying that QL update sometime coming.

08-16-10 03:53 PM
    I've been em-BOLD-ened to make a shameless post to up our count. LOL!
    Jaydee , looking forward to trying that QL update sometime coming.

cbreze, never worry about that as this thread is the RAMBLINGS......
    remember?

We wouldn't be living up to our namesake if we didn't wander around a little and mumble a bit! If we make too much sense, people would wonder what's gotten into us!!!!
    08-16-10 04:12 PM
    Got a question for you all. What do you use for a calculator? I'm finding the oem calc a frustrating experience. Any recommendations for a 3rd party or maybe it's just my bad with the oem.

08-16-10 06:44 PM
    I sometimes use thew stock calculator for simple stuff, but there are a couple of really good HP calculator emulators available as 3rd party apps that use. One for financial/business and one scientific.

08-16-10 07:11 PM
    Sad to say I just use the one that came with the phone but that's usually just to balance my checkbook...which NEVER balances BTW!!!
    08-16-10 07:14 PM
    I just use the native calculator. I might try one of the third party apps.

08-16-10 08:06 PM
    Theres a nice business type one on app world which is a bit over kill for what I need. $7, and it says a week trial, but I'm not finding a way to get it to trial. Seems they want to pay first. Anyway I might try it. Either that or practice more with the oem , LOL!
    Thanks for the responses tho.

EDIT: Got that trial going, app world via my bold won't let you D/L trials I guess, but the CB app store had the same one and could trial it. Glad I trialed it because it's not for me. Way to much stuff on it. I'll be sticking with the oem and just work on my usage of it to get better at it. I am surprised tho that there is not a very basic math calculator on app world. I had one on my old winmo phones that was soooo easy to use and fast. But thats digressing isn't it? No problems here. Bolds still awesome as ever.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-17-10 at 10:41 AM.
    08-16-10 11:46 PM
    Cbrez head on up to Alpine or Show Low AZ and enjoy nice temps and a few showers, much closer than the NE and way less humidity!

I just saw that they are selling the torch for $99 already!! Thats is not good news for RIM and the people that spent $200 last week!! Maybe OS 6 is not option
    08-17-10 10:38 AM
    Cbrez head on up to Alpine or Show Low AZ and enjoy nice temps and a few showers, much closer than the NE and way less humidity!

I just saw that they are selling the torch for $99 already!! Thats is not good news for RIM and the people that spent $200 last week!! Maybe OS 6 is not option
    Yeah, that does sound nice and cool. I have a Durango trip coming up in a couple weeks or so. Looking forward to some real cooling off. Where in socal are you? I have a bro in Laguna Beach I need to visit also, who just happens to have an empty studio apt off the main house. Gotta hit the beach. And those "beach bunnies" Sweet!
    08-17-10 10:47 AM
    As far as calculators go, I've just used the oem calculator to this point but find myself "hunting and pecking" like a grandpa trying to type for the first time...I guess it'll take some more practice before I get much faster...

08-17-10 09:44 PM
23,186 ... 269270271272273 ...