Ok. Thanks for the info people. I don't know why that site said the 9650 doesn't support multiple langauges. That would be a killer. But ok, I'm going to have to save this info when the time comes.

Thanks again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 01:30 PM
    So far I seem to be getting significant better battery life on .810 Jaydee! Hope yours improves as well!
    08-05-10 01:58 PM
    @tld-what website was that which said you couldn't have languages???

@mrweller-glad your battery life has improved. mine is still in the dumpster!
    100% at 10 am and by 1:30 down to 70%
    what the hay?????? that's a farmer's joke BTW
    08-05-10 02:44 PM
    @tld-what website was that which said you couldn't have languages???

@mrweller-glad your battery life has improved. mine is still in the dumpster!
    100% at 10 am and by 1:30 down to 70%
    what the hay?????? that's a farmer's joke BTW
    JayDee, Your battery life is sounding more and more like mine. Even though I have a couple of spares, I've told the wife that I need to invest in an extended battery. I'm seriously considering the 2600, that should give me all the power I need for a day.

Enjoying the visit here in Albaquerque, played golf with my son this morning while my wife watched our grandaughter. She is a trip, as 4 year-olds will be. We went up to the crest of the Sandia Mountains this pm, got a few great pics with my baby Bold which I will post when I have a chance and get on the Cloud someway other than Tether as I now am.

Seems as BB6 didn't show itself today, I hope that it does soon and there are some mirror sites from which I can get a copy. I'm drooling now!
    08-05-10 10:36 PM
    Bob, my battery life is depressing...about as depressing as still being in summer school!!!!

I am hoping it will "settle in" soon. PC keeps reminding me that it has only been a few days but I am not pleased ...yet!

I won't be buying a 2600 battery because I don't want a big clunky thing. I guess I will just have to swap out batteries until they measure up.

08-06-10 08:02 AM
    I am hoping it will "settle in" soon. PC keeps reminding me that it has only been a few days but I am not pleased ...yet!
    JayDee, any time I've done an OS upgrade, battery life always goes wonky, but seems to iron itself out after a little bit. In fact, it took the pre-installed 732 a couple of weeks before I started getting really good battery life. And that was right out of the box!

I may do the 810 update today, since the OS6 isn't coming as quickly as I had hoped. Not complaining by any stretch, I know Sal and Lyricidal are working hard on it.

Then we can have terrible battery life together
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-06-10 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo
    08-06-10 08:10 AM
    JayDee, any time I've done an OS upgrade, battery life always goes wonky, but seems to iron itself out after a little bit. In fact, it took the pre-installed 732 a couple of weeks before I started getting really good battery life. And that was right out of the box!

I may do the 810 update today, since the OS6 isn't coming as quickly as I had hoped. Not complaining by any stretch, I know Sal and Lyricidal are working hard on it.

Then we can have terrible battery life together
    PC, I've been on .810 almost 2 weeks now and I have seen absolutely no improvement in my batteries performance, well maybe just a smige, but not enough to consider it any benefit.

As for the right out the box, these batteries need a week or two to season as it were before they give their best performance; thus, your comment about .732 on your bB is quite what I would have expected.

I wish mine would improve but to be honest I have given up hope. I know the 2600 adds a little thickness to the device; but in all honesty I've already gotten tired of swaping batteries almost daily. Unlike some folks on here, I don't have a purse to store the spare it!
    08-06-10 08:39 AM
    Now, now Bob, I can find you quite the fashionable man-bag to carry around with you to store all your Baby Bold accessories in!!!!

LMAO!

Somehow I don't think that will go over too well with your OR the wife!

08-06-10 08:50 AM
    Now, now Bob, I can find you quite the fashionable man-bag to carry around with you to store all your Baby Bold accessories in!!!!
    Yes. Get a murse. Then post pictures.

Somehow I don't think that will go over too well with your OR the wife!

08-06-10 09:20 AM
    Mornin' all. Bob, I've been up to the Sandia Crest many times. I have yet to ride the tram up. I had heard it got stuck before. I'm sure it was cool up top as always. It was 113 here yesterday. Whew!! I'm ready for summer to be over already. Going to Colorado in less than a month for some "cool" fun. Looking forward to that.
    I went to Flagstaff wednesday for some cooling off and dinner and used my gps a bit. We were on the Garland Prairie road which is off the beaten path a bit and the gps was fantastic and quick. (Gotta love verizon btw, full bars in the boonies!) I love it on this thing. One of the all time best phone gps's I've ever used, so fast to load and find myself. But I'm not sure what the deal is, but my battery barely lasted until I got back, which is very un-bold-like. Since I did the update to .810 it has been unusually great. So I attributed it to the gps usage. However, when I got back home it still seemed to be under performing in that regard. It lost 50% overnite, which is flat out odd. So the next morning I connected to DM and checked to see what all was onboard and decided to offload some apps I never use that came with the device, some themes I wasn't using etc. Now this was stuff that I would have thought would need to be running to have any detrimental battery affect, but none the less it helped or something else I did helped. I'd tried a battery pull for general house cleaning already which seemed to be no help. So anyway, just saying, Jaydee, maybe you need to take a good look at what your keeping stored and get rid of stuff you never use if you have not already done so. Might help. BTW: FWIW, I'm using a minimalistic theme with no icons to clutter (Q/L rocks) and it seems to not only help batt life , but speed.
    Have a good day all!!!
    08-06-10 09:32 AM
    It lost 50% overnite, which is flat out odd. So the next morning I connected to DM and checked to see what all was onboard and decided to offload some apps I never use that came with the device, some themes I wasn't using etc. Jaydee, maybe you need to take a good look at what your keeping stored and get rid of stuff you never use if you have not already done so. Might help.
    cbreze...are you saying that I should actually delete some of the 14 themes I have INSTALLED?????

Impossible!!!!

HAHA. I guess I really don't need ALL those installed at the same time. Would having 14 themes installed make the battery wear down tho? It might make it slower to LOAD or REBOOT i suppose, but battery? I dunno...good advice anyway. Thanks!

I will take an inventory and see what I've got that I can eliminate and streamline a bit!
    08-06-10 09:46 AM
    cbreze...are you saying that I should actually delete some of the 14 themes I have INSTALLED?????

Impossible!!!!

HAHA. I guess I really don't need ALL those installed at the same time. Would having 14 themes installed make the battery wear down tho? It might make it slower to LOAD or REBOOT i suppose, but battery? I dunno...good advice anyway. Thanks!

I will take an inventory and see what I've got that I can eliminate and streamline a bit!
    I'm just telling my experience jaydee, take what you like and leave the rest as they say. As far as stored themes , I doubt that makes any diff. I had about a dozen, but kept coming back to my fav, which is a very clean minimal theme. I use my own fav pic for wallpaper, no icons on screen at all. So, I ask myself why keep all these I never really use. I also deleted soduku, I mean really, who uses that? anybody? I didn't get my bold to play games so the games are all off. Anyway, I added about 15mb to my device storage, can't complain about that and last nite I lost a minimal amount of battery. Gonna see how this plays out. When I was a big winmo user I always favored the clean custom roms and found the speed was a nice trade off for all the fluff. Just my .02
    EDIT: JUst another thought re themes: Would it not be possible to have a theme activated that uses more battery than most just because of the way it was configured/built? I ask because some of my themes I have used seem slower in transitions from screen to screen and thought that some might be battery suckers as well. Just pure speculation on my part.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-06-10 at 10:11 AM.
    08-06-10 10:03 AM
    As for the right out the box, these batteries need a week or two to season as it were before they give their best performance; thus, your comment about .732 on your bB is quite what I would have expected.
    Yep, they do have a breaking-in period. I expect to have a crazy period if I do 810 today, but I also expect that my batter life will return to 'normal" within a week or so.

That said, if the radio file is a bummer, and it's having a hard time with signal strength, then battery life will take a hit.

It's a wait and see.
    08-06-10 10:09 AM
    Yep, they do have a breaking-in period. I expect to have a crazy period if I do 810 today, but I also expect that my batter life will return to 'normal" within a week or so.

That said, if the radio file is a bummer, and it's having a hard time with signal strength, then battery life will take a hit.

It's a wait and see.
    In my experience with .810 - it took about 3 days to stabilize again, tossing in a few batt pulls in for good measure of course. The first couple days I had my Bold, though... wow the battery life was HORRIBLE. Off the charger at 9am and 40% at noon.

Now I get pretty good battery life except when everything is going off at once... the past few days have totally eaten my battery due to all the buzz about the leak.

I had to do a wipe last night to fix my boot time issues (20 minute boots.... not good) so I have a fresh install of .810 on my phone right now. I'm sure I'll have some wonky battery life for a couple days but I have a charger at work to counteract it.
    08-06-10 10:15 AM
    In my experience with .810 - it took about 3 days to stabilize again, tossing in a few batt pulls in for good measure of course. The first couple days I had my Bold, though... wow the battery life was HORRIBLE. Off the charger at 9am and 40% at noon.
    Interesting, I had the opposite experience. My battery life immediatly after the .810 install was excellent, going a day and a half to two days with no change in my usage. This went on for maybe 7 to 10 days then suddenly changed to less than a day. Battery pull made no diff. I had D/L'd nothing new or diff. At this point I decided to offload some apps I never used and themes also and so far I'm almost back to where I was. Have no idea, but it made a diff it seems. Anyway, I think it interesting how the battery on the bolds can seemingly be so diff from device to device experience.
    08-06-10 10:36 AM
    Interesting, I had the opposite experience. My battery life immediatly after the .810 install was excellent, going a day and a half to two days with no change in my usage. This went on for maybe 7 to 10 days then suddenly changed to less than a day. Battery pull made no diff. I had D/L'd nothing new or diff. At this point I decided to offload some apps I never used and themes also and so far I'm almost back to where I was. Have no idea, but it made a diff it seems. Anyway, I think it interesting how the battery on the bolds can seemingly be so diff from device to device experience.
    OK, I'm up for doing reasonable stuff to improve my bat life. I don't see how removing games would help but I am willing to do so if it would help, I'm not a gamer so I won't miss them. But other than getting some mem back how would it help my bat life?

Personnaly I think that RIM should have put bigger bats in these devices, it makes no sense to turn off all the features and basically turn thse devices into dumb phones. What would be the point in having the device?

08-06-10 11:07 AM
    OK, I'm up for doing reasonable stuff to improve my bat life. I don't see how removing games would help but I am willing to do so if it would help, I'm not a gamer so I won't miss them. But other than getting some mem back how would it help my bat life?

Personnaly I think that RIM should have put bigger bats in these devices, it makes no sense to turn off all the features and basically turn thse devices into dumb phones. What would be the point in having the device?

Doing this seems hard to believe it would have any effect on battery life, something has helped tho. I off loaded all the games, and other stuff I will never use. including about 10 themes. I like the trimmed down feel. Why have it if I will absolutely never use it. I got my BB for email,gps,calendar and occasional light browsing + tethering to my lappy. And of course calls.
    Everything else is exccess baggage as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to see what else I can get rid of.
    I agree Bob, phone makers of data centric devices never seem to include an adequate battery for all the features. I've always thought that they must be in bed with the extended battery makers.
    I don't see how gaining more storage memory would help battery life, but who really knows? I'm inclined to do what works for me. I'm going to watch this for more positive results and see what else I can dump.
    BTW: I picked up a charging pod the other day and love it, gonna get me another for my home office. It seems to charge fully in about half the time, plus ease of use is nice. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and get the 2600mAh. If you can handle the bulging. It is getting rave reviews for longevity.
    08-06-10 12:38 PM
    Doing this seems hard to believe it would have any effect on battery life, something has helped tho. I off loaded all the games, and other stuff I will never use. including about 10 themes. I like the trimmed down feel. Why have it if I will absolutely never use it. I got my BB for email,gps,calendar and occasional light browsing + tethering to my lappy. And of course calls.
    Everything else is exccess baggage as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to see what else I can get rid of.
    I agree Bob, phone makers of data centric devices never seem to include an adequate battery for all the features. I've always thought that they must be in bed with the extended battery makers.
    I don't see how gaining more storage memory would help battery life, but who really knows? I'm inclined to do what works for me. I'm going to watch this for more positive results and see what else I can dump.
    BTW: I picked up a charging pod the other day and love it, gonna get me another for my home office. It seems to charge fully in about half the time, plus ease of use is nice. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and get the 2600mAh. If you can handle the bulging. It is getting rave reviews for longevity.
    cbreze, I think you and I are on the same page here. I did delete the games on my bB, have not done the bat pull yet but will shortly. Could not delete a couple of the "pushed icons" but did hide the games folder so I don't have to look at it. As time permits, I'm going to go through all of my apps and get rid of as many as I can, have a tone of pushed apps hidden but not much we can do about them.

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about the 2600, may not make a decision for a couple of weeks or so. We'll see, I don't know that the exta thickness will be a big problem but I must admit it is one of the things that keeps running through my mind.

By the way, less than 150!
    08-06-10 05:46 PM
    @Bob, don't know what it is, but since I've deleted all the garbage apps/themes I could, my battery has not moved from 100% for about 6 hours. Also fwiw, my bold has been very cool(temp) all that time also, even when responding to messages it normally would get slightly warm. As always, YMMV.
    08-06-10 08:54 PM
    cbreze, It sounds like you're running your Bold lean and mean. What garbage apps did you get rid of?
    08-06-10 09:12 PM
    cbreze, It sounds like you're running your Bold lean and mean. What garbage apps did you get rid of?
    All I did was sync to DM and go to the apps launcher. Then proceded to delete stuff. Everything I had loaded(3rd party) was not delete-able from there so I did the themes mainly from the device. I think the themes may have been the problems all along. I was loading up diff ones all the time. But from DM I deleted everything I will never use: all games and tasks app,word doc app, and I didn't delete bb maps, but I might just because it works crappy with the gps and is always off by 1000 feet or so. I guess it's going next. I always use google maps anyway since it's much better.
    Whenever I decide to load up BB6 I'll delete stuff right at the get go, be easier that way. I'm still at 100% battery, been about 8 hrs.
    I think my theme choice makes a big diff tho. I'm running a very clean simplistic theme also, no on screen icons at all, just my wallpaper. Hot keys for everything and QL for all else. Now I was doing great with battery life for a good 10 days then it just went to crap overnite. A batt pull was no help. I hope this lasts, I'm very pleased with it right now. As always, a disclaimer, YMMV. LOL.

EDIT: Just did a reboot to check the battery meter, thought it might be stuck. It did drop.....to 95%!! Lovin' it. Can't wait to see how it does overnite.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-06-10 at 10:52 PM.
    08-06-10 10:36 PM
    All I did was sync to DM and go to the apps launcher. Then proceded to delete stuff. Everything I had loaded(3rd party) was not delete-able from there so I did the themes mainly from the device. I think the themes may have been the problems all along. I was loading up diff ones all the time. But from DM I deleted everything I will never use: all games and tasks app,word doc app, and I didn't delete bb maps, but I might just because it works crappy with the gps and is always off by 1000 feet or so. I guess it's going next. I always use google maps anyway since it's much better.
    Whenever I decide to load up BB6 I'll delete stuff right at the get go, be easier that way. I'm still at 100% battery, been about 8 hrs.
    I think my theme choice makes a big diff tho. I'm running a very clean simplistic theme also, no on screen icons at all, just my wallpaper. Hot keys for everything and QL for all else. Now I was doing great with battery life for a good 10 days then it just went to crap overnite. A batt pull was no help. I hope this lasts, I'm very pleased with it right now. As always, a disclaimer, YMMV. LOL.

EDIT: Just did a reboot to check the battery meter, thought it might be stuck. It did drop.....to 95%!! Lovin' it. Can't wait to see how it does overnite.
    Just wondered what you deleted. I always delete all the games. I do use task manager and BB maps, which works very well for me. I don't use any themes except the native theme. I really don't have a lot of stuff on my device. I'm running about 10-12 apps and my battery is real consistent.
    08-06-10 11:03 PM
    Just wondered what you deleted. I always delete all the games. I do use task manager and BB maps, which works very well for me. I don't use any themes except the native theme. I really don't have a lot of stuff on my device. I'm running about 10-12 apps and my battery is real consistent.
    Ok prince, then I thought you were having battery issues also. Good your not. My BB maps was not very accurate with the gps tho.
    Just my opinion, but I think the themes were causing the battery issue. I'm just kinda weird about carrying around extra baggage. A hold over from my winmo days no doubt. LOL.
    EDIT: After getting thru the nite with a minimal battery drop, I feel I'm back to normal. I think it was a theme I had installed. I will beware of themes in the future and look there if I have issues again.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-07-10 at 07:42 AM.
    08-06-10 11:12 PM
    Just checking in with my 9650 family. It's football season which keeps me busy on my websites...hope everyone is having a great end of summer.
    08-07-10 09:51 AM
    Just checking in with my 9650 family. It's football season which keeps me busy on my websites...hope everyone is having a great end of summer.
    Wizard, do we have enough to play our Crackberry league? Are you gonna get some more guys from the social forums?
    08-07-10 02:06 PM
23,186 ... 267268269270271 ...