I didnt know I could sync with Google, I hear its much better than Outlook. do share!
    Google sync works really well! http://m.google.com/sync
    08-03-10 02:58 PM
    I didnt know I could sync with Google, I hear its much better than Outlook. do share!
    SoCal,
    I have a gmail address, a work address that is also thru gmail and I therefore have contacts lists and a calendar thru Google for both. They can all be synced to your bb using Google Sync for Blackberry.
    go to Google Mobile on your bb and you can download the Google sync app...small little thing that will automatically keep your contacts and calendar info synced up.
    08-03-10 02:59 PM
    Our dear friend jaydee is in the middle of the 810 update using DM6. She reports that she needs a drink to help get her thru.

I predict good things. We shall see!

edit: after 40 minutes, she's back up and running with 810. She needs to re-download the BBM beta and re-activate her apps but she's goingto pull thru
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-03-10 at 03:28 PM.
    08-03-10 03:01 PM
    Guess what Essex threaders????
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!
    I upgraded to 810!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And i did it all by myself!
    Well, I had Paul waiting around with the oxygen tank, ambulance, and bottle of gin, but other than that...

So I used BBHybrids Tool to shrink the OS and removed some stuff I don't use from the OS and I went from 312MB in .699 to 331MB available in .810.
    Great, huh?

Now to re-register my apps and set up my theme again so I can find everything and open all my programs without the keycodes and permissions barking at me! lol...

Hey Paul...pass the limes...
    08-03-10 04:04 PM
    Guess what Essex threaders????
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!
    I upgraded to 810!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And i did it all by myself!
    Well, I had Paul waiting around with the oxygen tank, ambulance, and bottle of gin, but other than that...

So I used BBHybrids Tool to shrink the OS and removed some stuff I don't use from the OS and I went from 312MB in .699 to 331MB available in .810.
    Great, huh?

Now to re-register my apps and set up my theme again so I can find everything and open all my programs without the keycodes and permissions barking at me! lol...

Hey Paul...pass the limes...
    Excellent work, Grasshopper I knew you could do it.

So Matt went to 810 yesterday. JayDee today. I guess I'm up next?
    08-03-10 04:07 PM
    New old issues with the phone:
    Work email account for the third time today totally reset itself from a pop3 account to a IMAP account and changed the server port.
    I had too wipe the account and start over yet again. 1 hour 10 minutes Verizon support and 35 minutes talking with RIM.
    Both agree it's a software issue that has appeared in all updates PAST .621.
    This really starting too
    08-03-10 05:34 PM
    Hey guys, been on the run all day today, golf this morning, preparing for a meeting this afternoon and the meeting tonight. Then packing after I got home from the meeting; thus, I have not had the pleausre of your company all day.

JayDee, congratulations on getting the upgrade done. I told you that you could do it. I'll be interested to see how you like it.

PC, Go for it, get it done!

SoCal, Hope you got yours done as well. Wish I was here, I might have been able to help you with the Outlook Sync questions since that is what I use.

Wizard, I'm interested in hearing more about your email issue. I have a POP3 email, my primary, and it is accessed by my phone as an IMAP. Works well as far as i can tell. However, I'd be interested in knowing what happened with yours incase something weird goes down with mine.

I off to beddy by, its almost midnight and I have to get up at 4 and we leave at 5 for our road trip to Albuquerque.

I'll check-in whenever I can.
    08-03-10 11:43 PM
    Hey Bob, Have a great trip! Don't forget to check in once in a while.
    Now that I'm done monopolizing PC's time whining about my Baby Bold; he MIGHT actually have the time to upgrade his own!

I decided to pull the battery this morning just to do it because they always say after an install or upgrade to pull the battery. It took me a looooonnnngggggggggg time, almost my whole drive into work during which time I almost drove distractedly into a guardrail!!!!

Batt pull: 8 mins
    The rant: predictable
    Seeing my homescreen FINALLY: enough to make me cry tears of joy

Why does this always happen to ME????
    I am going to try going off the desktop charger today also to test the battery boost.
    We'll see how long that lasts.
    Can you say COLD TURKEY boys and girls?

Have a good day!!!!
    08-04-10 06:57 AM
    Hang in there jaydee!
    08-04-10 07:03 AM
    Good morning all,

JayDee, you didn't monopolize my time. Walking you thru the upgrade was no problem at all, and it couldn't have gone any smoother for you. Future battery pulls should not be as long!

Bob, I have everything I need to "get it done" except the motivation Maybe on my luch break today...........
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-04-10 at 07:22 AM.
    08-04-10 07:19 AM
    Well glad you got some practice in JD, now its time for the big leagues lol. Sal just posted a thread that they are recieving os6 for our baby bolds very very soon and that they are gonna leak it. I know you guys prolly wont give it a go since your bolds are doing find, and os6 will prolly be a little buggy but i cant sit still and will def upgrade once its leaked. I just hope i can get a copy of it seeing as i will be at work all day and im guessing rim will be all over it like a hawk and take it down pretty soon. Hopefully there will be mirros galore so i can give os6 a whirl.
    08-04-10 10:07 AM
    I may hold off on 5.0.0.810 and go right to 6.0.0.100 when it's available
    08-04-10 10:24 AM
    Thanks Bob but I still havent figured out the Outlook, I need to go back and see if I'm gonna stick with that or Gmail.

Jaydee...Good for you! Havent had the time to bite the bullet yet because I know some issue is going to pop up and I will be looking for serious help!
    08-04-10 10:40 AM
    With google sync do I still have all the features of outlook i.e Calendar and such? How do you all like google over outlook?? This is personal only and I am not linking through a corporate server or anything like that.
    08-04-10 10:43 AM
    Hey Bob, Have a great trip! Don't forget to check in once in a while.
    Now that I'm done monopolizing PC's time whining about my Baby Bold; he MIGHT actually have the time to upgrade his own!

I decided to pull the battery this morning just to do it because they always say after an install or upgrade to pull the battery. It took me a looooonnnngggggggggg time, almost my whole drive into work during which time I almost drove distractedly into a guardrail!!!!

Batt pull: 8 mins
    The rant: predictable
    Seeing my homescreen FINALLY: enough to make me cry tears of joy

Why does this always happen to ME????
    I am going to try going off the desktop charger today also to test the battery boost.
    We'll see how long that lasts.
    Can you say COLD TURKEY boys and girls?

Have a good day!!!!
    Somewhere between Abeliene and Lubbock TX, wife driving so I can safely play with my baby Bold.

JayDee, bat pulls should get better. Hang in there but watch your battery meter.

I'll try to check in a couple of times a day at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 10:50 AM
    Well glad you got some practice in JD, now its time for the big leagues lol. Sal just posted a thread that they are recieving os6 for our baby bolds very very soon and that they are gonna leak it. I know you guys prolly wont give it a go since your bolds are doing find, and os6 will prolly be a little buggy but i cant sit still and will def upgrade once its leaked. I just hope i can get a copy of it seeing as i will be at work all day and im guessing rim will be all over it like a hawk and take it down pretty soon. Hopefully there will be mirros galore so i can give os6 a whirl.
    rr, I may jump on it also. Can always drop back if necessary. I wonder if RIM will send us new extended batteries when we install BB6?

08-04-10 10:54 AM
    I may hold off on 5.0.0.810 and go right to 6.0.0.100 when it's available
    .810 runs like a champ, but I am /drooling/ for 6. Twitter alerts set on 5 minutes, hitting refresh on BBLeaks and here... and I have 21 other people ready to pull the trigger as soon as it hits.

If ONLY I was at home with my personal laptop so I could download the freakin' thing!!!!
    08-04-10 10:59 AM
    OK guys:
    All morning off the desktop charger!
    6:30 am at 100%
    12:00 noon down to 54%

heavy BBM (PC all your fault!)
    three phone calls only and no web surfing!
    Turned off wi-fi so it's not looking...

hmmmm.....hope it gets a little better than that!!!!
    I'll be dead by 3 pm!!!!
    08-04-10 11:02 AM
    With google sync do I still have all the features of outlook i.e Calendar and such? How do you all like google over outlook?? This is personal only and I am not linking through a corporate server or anything like that.
    Socal, I don't know anything about Google's mail, calendar or contacts, I guess I'm a bit old fashioned and like all of that stuff on my PC. Besides, I don't use gmail, I have my own URL and mailboxes come with it. I like having this setup since it gives me a personalized email. I've use Outlook for so many years now that I can't see myself ever changing.

08-04-10 11:02 AM
    OK guys:

I'll be dead by 3 pm!!!!
    Spare battery??? May need it today. I keep telling you guys that these beautys need lots of power to do all that they do. I'm beginning to think 2600!

08-04-10 11:07 AM
    OK guys:

I'll be dead by 3 pm!!!!
    Jaydee - I promise .810 gets better than that. I have a ridiculously active BBM group on mine and my battery usually lasts at least 8 hours before hitting 30% or so.
    08-04-10 11:08 AM
    heavy BBM (PC all your fault!)(
    HaHa...the old BBM Blame Game...I love it

Turn all your stuff back on and let the battery work itself out. Like Amber said, it will get better in time.

Oh your spare is in the mail.
    08-04-10 11:18 AM
    Question and the answer is appriciated. I plan on getting the 9650, but my only issue is that it doesn't support multiple languages. Is this true? I think I remember someone showing me that it has this module in an updated OS.

Thanks.
    08-04-10 06:48 PM
    Many of us in the US remove the foreign language modules just to give us more memory. There is an extensive list of languages. Others should be able to provide more detail.
    08-04-10 07:56 PM
    Gosh as far as foreign languages, there are a ton available in the OS when you begin but most of us here in the US uncheck all of them. I'm sure you can find what you need by carefully examining the list through something called BB Hybrid Tools or what used to be called Shrink A OS.

I download my OS, say .810, install it to my pc, then run BB Hybrid Tools. It opens a screen that allows me to pick and choose what I would like to delete from my installation of my OS.

In there, I have a choice for MANY MANY languages and I usually uncheck ALL the languages but this is where you would be able to leave them checked I believe!!!!!

BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    Link above for the tool
    Please let me know if this works for you!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-05-10 at 11:12 AM.
    08-05-10 11:09 AM
23,186 ... 266267268269270 ...