Thanks for the suggestions everyone.Gonna do the full backup using DM now and will do what you suggested sabbotage and delete all the old folders and make sure I have a complete folder of all cods. That is what I really want.

See, what I really like is being able to pick and choose which cods to reinstall with BBSAK later by choosing single cods, therefore I always thought I had to backup the cods WITH bbsak. I just added a few new apps and I wanna make sure I get them backed up. They were OTA and I need them saved...OH and a few new themes, too

Thanks everybody!
    07-25-10 12:06 PM
    Yeah, but also in my experience i've found if you have any previous backups that DM "knows" about it will kinda just append to the backup and only get the apps you've installed since the last backup. I always make sure i delete all of my old backups first so im sure to get all of my current apps in one backup folder.
    hmmm i didnt know that, thanks for that info. Ill make sure to delete the past backups next time I do a backup. Thanks for the info!

and lol jaydee. Yea i agree there is so much info and things you can do with a bb you sometimes forget the easy basic stuff that you have already done before. Happens to me all the time.
    07-25-10 12:22 PM
    OK thanks to rr and sabbotage I got the backup done and got all the cods in a folder...finally!!! That way I can add back individual cods if I want to using BBSAK...IF I can ever get a copy of it that works with my 9650.

Bob said he got v1.5 to work, so I'll have to see what he did to make it so.

Anyway, all my new apps and themes are backed up and I feel a bit safer. And who knows? Maybe sometime soon I'll actually think about leaving .699 behind and look at .810 and skip .732 altogether...

Just that right now I always have full bars and no fluctuating signals, and no real battery drain...would be hard to complain. I have been very lucky...really.
    Cept for the peeling paint on the chrome of the track pad but no OS patch is gonna fix that...
    07-25-10 01:27 PM
    yea jaydee i would use desktop manager to backup your third party apps, thats what i do and find it much easier than bbsak which is quite buggy. Here is the link for how to do that using desktop manager. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    This is actually my preferred method of 3rdP backup.
    07-25-10 02:10 PM
    Yeah, but also in my experience i've found if you have any previous backups that DM "knows" about it will kinda just append to the backup and only get the apps you've installed since the last backup. I always make sure i delete all of my old backups first so im sure to get all of my current apps in one backup folder.
    Easy fix for that, after I copy the folder to the location where I want to keep the backups, I modify the name of the folder so that it reads "12345678 - 20100725". That way I know the date of the backup and it is unique so that I don't have problems with it. What I have not been doing is going back and deleting the file created by DM, I think I will begin doing that to insure that my bkups are clean.

I try to do a backup of this type every week or so to be sure that I am fairly current should have have a problem with my device. I also do daily syncs and data backups with DM so that everything stays current and I have copies of everything. After I inadvertantly bricked my Tour a while back I have gotten a bit gun-shy. Besides, as an IT professional I was always telling my clients to back stuff up, I guess it's time I took my own advice.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 07-25-10 at 02:17 PM.
    07-25-10 02:14 PM
    OK, i'm miffed. Somehow I have gotten double, and sometimes triple, entries in my calendar on my bB. I checked Outlook and it seems to be OK. No idea how this happened other than somehow when I was restoring stuff after my upgrade to .810.

Anyhow, any suggestions on a simple way to either erase everything in my calendar or purge the extra entries. Somehow I think the best solution would be to purge all of my organizer data from my bB and resync it to Outlook.

Suggestions please.
    07-25-10 02:24 PM
    OK thanks to rr and sabbotage I got the backup done and got all the cods in a folder...finally!!! That way I can add back individual cods if I want to using BBSAK...IF I can ever get a copy of it that works with my 9650.

Bob said he got v1.5 to work, so I'll have to see what he did to make it so.

Anyway, all my new apps and themes are backed up and I feel a bit safer. And who knows? Maybe sometime soon I'll actually think about leaving .699 behind and look at .810 and skip .732 altogether...

Just that right now I always have full bars and no fluctuating signals, and no real battery drain...would be hard to complain. I have been very lucky...really.
    Cept for the peeling paint on the chrome of the track pad but no OS patch is gonna fix that...
    JayDee,
    Two suggestions, first you might try clicking the connect button several times to see if that works, and you might press the Kill Processes key in that sequence somewhere. I know I pressed the Kill Processes and then hit connect again a time or two before it connected.

Secondly, if that doesn't work, I'd suggest you go to control panel/add remove programs and remove BBSAK then download and install a fresh copy and see if that helps.

After that, I'm like out of ideas.
    07-25-10 02:29 PM
    Bob, I have double entries on my calendar too!
    My google sync happens to sync both my work calendar and my personal calendar...well dang, they're both google calendars and they both get put on my bb calendar and I can't seem to choose just one to sync!!!

So I get double entries also...

I know that if you open the calendar/options and type RSET it erases everything and then you can start over again...
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-25-10 at 02:49 PM.
    07-25-10 02:29 PM
    Ok, I had this happen to me a few months ago. I'm trying to remember what I did, and I not at home where I can look at my computer. Go to DM, I think it's backup/restore>advanced>then you'll see two windows. The window on the right side is what's on your device. The window on the left, you can choose which items to restore from a previous backup. Go to the window on the right, delete the calendar. Now go to the window on the left side of the same screen. Choose the backup you want to restore your calendar from and move the calendar to the other window. Then I think you hit save. I've only done this once and it worked, but I'm not at home to look at my computer. Do a backup first!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 02:50 PM
    My google sync happens to sync both my work calendar and my personal calendar...well dang, they're both google calendars and they both get put on my bb calendar and I can't seem to choose just one to sync!!!

I know that if you open the calendar and type RSET it erases everything and then you can start over again...
    I tried "rset", "RSET", "reset" on both a month view and a day view. On the month view it did nothing, on the day view it made it into an appointment.

Any other ideas? Do I need to do something along with typing "rset"?
    07-25-10 02:50 PM
    Ok, I had this happen to me a few months ago. I'm trying to remember what I did, and I not at home where I can look at my computer. Go to DM, I think it's backup/restore>advanced>then you'll see two windows. The window on the right side is what's on your device. The window on the left, you can choose which items to restore from a previous backup. Go to the window on the right, delete the calendar. Now go to the window on the left side of the same screen. Choose the backup you want to restore your calendar from and move the calendar to the other window. Then I think you hit save. I've only done this once and it worked, but I'm not at home to look at my computer. Do a backup first!

Thanks for the idea Prince, I'm running a beta DM so it didn't look the same. I did find an option to do what you suggested. After deleting the data I simply sync'd the device to Outlook and WHALA there is all was and only once.
    07-25-10 03:21 PM

I know that if you open the calendar/options and type RSET it erases everything and then you can start over again...
    JayDee,
    Try this, when in the calendar press the BB key and select "Select Calendar", then on the screen that pops up select the calendar that represents the entries that you want to see. I think this may give you what you want; although, your bB will have both of your calendar's entries socked away somewhere.
    07-25-10 03:24 PM
    Thanks Bob. I actually plugged in my phone and followed prince's idea of deleting all my calendar entries in DM on the weekend to clear everything first and now I am trying your suggestion. Hopefully I get one of each entry and only one!

And with PC's help this week...yours truly may take the plunge and upgrade...YES, you heard it here first...upgrade to .810!!!!
    time to leave .699 behind and see if .810 has improvements in sound volume...that's really all I am looking for. If there are added improvements in memory, well good for me... that means more themes for my Baby Bold!
    07-26-10 10:49 AM
    Thanks Bob. I actually plugged in my phone and followed prince's idea of deleting all my calendar entries in DM on the weekend to clear everything first and now I am trying your suggestion. Hopefully I get one of each entry and only one!

And with PC's help this week...yours truly may take the plunge and upgrade...YES, you heard it here first...upgrade to .810!!!!
    time to leave .699 behind and see if .810 has improvements in sound volume...that's really all I am looking for. If there are added improvements in memory, well good for me... that means more themes for my Baby Bold!
    I must say that .810 has not had any hicups on my baby Bold. Thus far i am pleased with its performance, seem to have a little better signal and battery life.

Go for it!
    07-26-10 01:58 PM
    Hi everyone,
    Does anybody have any experience installing the weather as an on-screen image. I've seen several themes and have a couple that indicate in the screen shots the current weather status on the home screen. I currently am trying the futurism theme. Nice and only .99 right now, but the developers contact email is a dead end. I can put the icon in the proper place, but no current conditions. Just wondering what the trick is. Thought somebody
    might be able to shed some light on it.

Also can't wait to hear anymore improvements from or issues from the new 8xx os. jaydee, how's that going?
    Thanks,
    07-26-10 05:27 PM
    Hi everyone,
    Does anybody have any experience installing the weather as an on-screen image. I've seen several themes and have a couple that indicate in the screen shots the current weather status on the home screen. I currently am trying the futurism theme. Nice and only .99 right now, but the developers contact email is a dead end. I can put the icon in the proper place, but no current conditions. Just wondering what the trick is. Thought somebody

Also can't wait to hear anymore improvements from or issues from the new 8xx os. jaydee, how's that going?
    Thanks,
    most of the time when the current conditions are displayed its the app thats doing it. Most people use berryweather because it is by far the best weather app out there. It lets you customize everything to your liking including what you want displayed on the screen. I highly recommend it as its my favorite app. There is a 7 day trial for you to try out if you would like.
    07-26-10 06:03 PM
    most of the time when the current conditions are displayed its the app thats doing it. Most people use berryweather because it is by far the best weather app out there. It lets you customize everything to your liking including what you want displayed on the screen. I highly recommend it as its my favorite app. There is a 7 day trial for you to try out if you would like.
    I also have BerryWeather, I think JayDee is to blame for that one, and like it very much. I have the temp on the notification area and the icon changes based on weather conditions. I'm sure that there are more things I could do with it but this is about all I need.
    07-26-10 06:35 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,
    I am using Weatherbug free with my theme and love it. Make sure your weather app is in the right slot..on mine it goes in #7..some use #6
    07-26-10 06:38 PM

Thanks,
    I also have BerryWeather, I think JayDee is to blame for that one, and like it very much.
    cbreze, I have not taken the plunge yet, so to speak, as I have not had enough time to re-do my OS. You have to understand I am such a chicken about messing with my phone that I have to work up to such a task!

And Bob, yes, of course, it's MY FAULT! Everything is MY FAULT!
    LOL I love Berry Weather and I got a bunch of you to buy it, didn't I? I like the little thermometer on the home screen. It's very cool.
    Oh and I officially wore my battery down to 34% today from 6 am to 7 pm and still had battery left. All BBM usage.
    07-26-10 07:38 PM
    cbreze,
    I agree, check out Berryweather. It's one of my favorite apps along with QuickLaunch. BW is very user friendly and customizable.

07-26-10 07:54 PM
    cbreze, I have not taken the plunge yet, so to speak, as I have not had enough time to re-do my OS. You have to understand I am such a chicken about messing with my phone that I have to work up to such a task!

I like the little thermometer on the home screen. It's very cool.
    Now I remember what I don't like about berryweather...the thermometer! LOL!

My .732 is so rock solid I would be kind of chicken myself to risk upsetting the baby. I'm gonna hold off for now.
    07-26-10 07:56 PM
    You guys need to gain some confidence lol. .732 is good but IMO .810 is more polished and is a little better. You shouldn't be afraid there is plenty of tutorials which tell you step by step what to do, and If you get in trouble well, you know where to look. Well be heRe to help you through the process. Just think of this as practice for when is 6 comes out!

07-26-10 08:00 PM
    cbreze,
    I agree, check out Berryweather. It's one of my favorite apps along with QuickLaunch. BW is very user friendly and customizable.

Thanks prince,bob,jaydee,rr and everybody for the input. I'm gonna give it another go. I tried BW on the first day I had my bold and being the bb novice that I was, the trial ran out before I had a good chance to evaluate it. They'll probably make me buy it right off since I burned thru the trial already. Oh well,
    07-26-10 08:02 PM
    You guys need to gain some confidence lol. .732 is good but IMO .810 is more polished and is a little better. You shouldn't be afraid there is plenty of tutorials which tell you step by step what to do, and If you get in trouble well, you know where to look. Well be heRe to help you through the process. Just think of this as practice for when is 6 comes out!

If I hear more good stuff about it, as I don't think I've heard any negative yet, I'll be more inclined to try it. jaydee's the next up for bat. lol
    07-26-10 08:05 PM
    If I hear more good stuff about it, as I don't think I've heard any negative yet, I'll be more inclined to try it. jaydee's the next up for bat. lol
    OK, OK, if PC can guarantee me that he will be around if I mess up...I'll do it tomorrow!

Now where's that step-by-step that's supposed to make everything so easy?
    07-26-10 08:10 PM
23,186 ... 260261262263264 ...