Bob, prince has the right idea! Try to launch the mobile site with QL, not the launcher. The launch is already a shortcut. So in a sense u are using a shortcut to start a shortcut. I don't think QL works that way? I dunno? I would make it point to the website then and dump the launcher. I got rid of most of my icons that way myself and keep my desktop, er, home screen clear of
    clutter usually and just use QL as a windoz menu.
    I don't have the cb launcher in QL. But you're right, I just checked it. I use the mobile site anyway, m.crackberry.com as my shortcut.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 04:51 AM
    Why not just have cb.com in your QL list and assign a quick start key for it. Why have the cb launcher at all? I realize it doesn't go right to the 9650 forum but I like to check out the main page for info on my way to 9650. Anyway just my $.2 for the way I do it. Since I got my screen completely devoid of icons I'm beginning to dislike icons, LoL!
    Last edited by cbreze; 07-24-10 at 08:31 AM.
    07-24-10 08:24 AM
    Why not just have cb.com in your QL list and assign a quick start key for it. Why have the cb launcher at all? I realize it doesn't go right to the 9650 forum but I like to check out the main page for info on my way to 9650. Anyway just my $.2 for the way I do it. Since I got my screen completely devoid of icons I'm beginning to dislike icons, LoL!
    lol there you go, getting the hang of quicklaunch. My hotkey for crackberry is c. once again i love this app!
    07-24-10 09:08 AM
    lol there you go, getting the hang of quicklaunch. My hotkey for crackberry is c. once again i love this app!
    Yup. Now I have it even more refined, when I hit my "F" key it gets me right to the forums page in cb. Don't see much advantage to using the cb launcher, this is great!

07-24-10 09:28 AM
    Thanks guys, hadn't thought about the fact that CBL is basically a shortcut. I'll modify my QL accordingly.
    07-24-10 12:29 PM
    Thanks guys, hadn't thought about the fact that CBL is basically a shortcut. I'll modify my QL accordingly.
    I took the url from the bold forum and made it a QL shortcut key. Sweet.
    07-24-10 01:15 PM
    I took the url from the bold forum and made it a QL shortcut key. Sweet.
    Just did the same, in fact on it now. I like it. Thanks

07-24-10 02:01 PM
    Well guys, wish me luck! I'm currently in the process of upgrading to .810, read some of the comments from those who have done it and several seemed to indicate better radio performance. Since I have lots of fluctuations and in my house the best that I get is 3 bars, and that only accasionally and for short time spans, I figured I'd give it a go. I can always go back to .732 if this one doesn't work well. If this OS gives better radio performance I would expect better battery life. I'll update on how its going over the next few days.
    07-24-10 03:58 PM
    Well guys, wish me luck! I'm currently in the process of upgrading to .810, read some of the comments from those who have done it and several seemed to indicate better radio performance. Since I have lots of fluctuations and in my house the best that I get is 3 bars, and that only accasionally and for short time spans, I figured I'd give it a go. I can always go back to .732 if this one doesn't work well. If this OS gives better radio performance I would expect better battery life. I'll update on how its going over the next few days.
    Good luck. I did it yesterday and although its not a huge difference, It seems a bit faster than .732. The browser is def faster, and my signal does seem a bit better. I'm not sure about battery life as its still to early to tell.

07-24-10 04:28 PM
    Good luck Bob, you maverick, you!
    I'm still stuck on .699
    I will upgrade when I find a problem with my baby Bold.
    Until then I'm standing pat.
    But let me know what you find on your way!!!!!

Good Luck!!!
    07-24-10 05:02 PM
    Bob, glad you got the upgrade to work. Sorry I didn't see the PM sooner. Let me know what you think of 810; haven't found the motivation to commit to it yet.

07-24-10 05:33 PM
    Way to step out Bob, Let us know how it's working for you. I'm not having any problems with .732, I'll stand pat for now.
    07-24-10 06:49 PM
    Everything went well with the upgrade once I was able to get BBSAK to work. Had to downgrade to v1.5 to do it.

After the install and once I had restored from the backup that I made with DM, sent the service books and then restored from the regular DM backup and followed that with a battery pull just for good measure, my baby Bold came up and everything except my QL shortcuts was there. I am OK with the QL shortcuts because I have seen some of your posts and I planned on redoing them anyway. Theme was installed all the pushed apps were it "Verizeon CrApps", etc.

Phone seems to be working well, can't be absolutely sure but I seem to be getting less fluctuations on signal strength, holding 3 bars a lot instead of 1 or 2 most of the time and the occasional 3. Have not yet had occasion to play with it too much, we went to dinner with friends and we had some yard work to do in the cool of the evening when we got back.

I'll have a much better idea in the next few days as I monitor signal strength and battery life as well as speed.
    07-24-10 10:23 PM
    Bob, I'm glad your baby Bold is up and running with .810, keep us updated.
    07-24-10 11:20 PM
    Bob,
    I have BBSAK v 1.5 currently and tried to backup cod files this am and it was a big no go and now I am pulling hair!!!!
    How did you get it to work?
    07-25-10 07:18 AM
    Jaydee, are you trying to backup your third party apps?

07-25-10 08:40 AM
    Yes, specifically trying to backup the cod files
    Jaydee, are you trying to backup your third party apps?

07-25-10 09:15 AM
    I would try the desktop manager way of backing up. In my experiences with BBSAK it seems to always miss a few of my third party apps when it backs up. I've never had an issue using the DM way of doing it. Just my 2 cents
    07-25-10 09:41 AM
    Bob,
    I have BBSAK v 1.5 currently and tried to backup cod files this am and it was a big no go and now I am pulling hair!!!!
    How did you get it to work?
    I had to press the connect key several times before it read the PIN. I will tell you that along the way I pressed the "Kill Processes" key.

I just now connected my phone and brought up BBSAK and it connected right away. Go Figure!
    07-25-10 09:42 AM
    Yes, specifically trying to backup the cod files

yea jaydee i would use desktop manager to backup your third party apps, thats what i do and find it much easier than bbsak which is quite buggy. Here is the link for how to do that using desktop manager. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    07-25-10 09:48 AM
    jaydee, I use DM to backup third party apps, I've never used BBSAK.
    07-25-10 09:54 AM
    So how do I make sure I get a complete third party backup from DM? I'VE always used bbsak and now I can't get it to work!
    jaydee, I use DM to backup third party apps, I've never used BBSAK.
    07-25-10 10:06 AM
    So how do I make sure I get a complete third party backup from DM? I'VE always used bbsak and now I can't get it to work!

just use the link i provided above and when your all done go into the folder that will be created and you will see all the cod files for all your third party apps. From there you can see if all of them are backed up or not.
    07-25-10 10:08 AM
    Oh geez what a dummy! I've used that method before! I forgot all about that! I can do that! DUH! Thanks for the link and the reminder! Doh! Now I will forget about bbsak pia and do it through DM!!!! Thanks rr!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate it!!!!
    just use the link i provided above and when your all done go into the folder that will be created and you will see all the cod files for all your third party apps. From there you can see if all of them are backed up or not.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-25-10 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fixed spelling typo
    07-25-10 10:14 AM
    Yeah, but also in my experience i've found if you have any previous backups that DM "knows" about it will kinda just append to the backup and only get the apps you've installed since the last backup. I always make sure i delete all of my old backups first so im sure to get all of my current apps in one backup folder.
    07-25-10 10:15 AM
23,186 ... 259260261262263 ...