If I press "Q" from the home screen, I get a "Q" in the phone dialing screen, if I hold it down it changes the sound profile.

If I press the space bar from the home screen I get the list of shorcuts that I setup displayed.

OK, my bB just came up from a reboot after installing the new QL version. Now if I type the shortcut keys fast enough I get the app or command that I setup for the shortcut. ALL is well. I just have to learn to hit the shortcut keys quickly...
    Glad you got it. Q was just my key of choice to open QL. You use space bar. I'd be interested to know of any significant improvements from the new version. When you have some time with it to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 10:54 PM
    Glad you got it. Q was just my key of choice to open QL. You use space bar. I'd be interested to know of any significant improvements from the new version. When you have some time with it to see.

I'm probably not the one to answer that since I just purchased it very recently and just installed it a couple of days ago. Have only just begun to learn how to use it.

I'll be watching to see what our fearless genius and master have to offer as they seem to be really big users.
    07-23-10 01:44 AM
    Sims,
    Fabian (the creator of the new crackberry launcher) tweeted just this morning that the new crackberry launcher has finally been updated and is available to install via appworld. Havent downloaded it yet but i assume it is now updated for the bold!
    rryoung: thanks for the info..I went ahead and updated to the new version available in the apps world and now I am a happy camper.
    07-23-10 06:21 AM
    I'm such a creature of habit it's not funny!
    As far as QL goes, I have it set to open with the right convenience button and I scroll thru the menu for anything I need. I have never set up shortcut keys from there but now cbreze has got me thinking....

Press the right side key, get the menu up and then one key and boom!...
    no need to scroll and take my eyes off the road to get to something...
    Hmmmm....could potentially make me a SAFER driver!!!!

I know, I know....NO TEXTING AND DRIVING!!!!
    07-23-10 06:41 AM
    If the Nexus One comes to Verizon before the Tour 2, I am jumping on that instead...it looks amazing. Hopefully the Tour 2 will be out within the next month so it won't be an issue.
    07-23-10 07:38 AM
    If the Nexus One comes to Verizon before the Tour 2, I am jumping on that instead...it looks amazing. Hopefully the Tour 2 will be out within the next month so it won't be an issue.
    The Tour2 is out. It has been renamed the "Bold 9650". Great phone, has trackpad, Wi-Fi and 512MB. It has been out since the end of May on Sprint and first few days of June for VZW.
    07-23-10 07:43 AM
    Tour2 on Verizon????? Thanks, Bob...I thought I had the Tour2 when my Bold arrived in June
    07-23-10 07:44 AM
    Whoa...I just had a flashback!
    What's in that tea I'm drinking anyway?
    07-23-10 07:58 AM
    I'm such a creature of habit it's not funny!
    As far as QL goes, I have it set to open with the right convenience button and I scroll thru the menu for anything I need. I have never set up shortcut keys from there but now cbreze has got me thinking....

Press the right side key, get the menu up and then one key and boom!...
    no need to scroll and take my eyes off the road to get to something...
    Hmmmm....could potentially make me a SAFER driver!!!!

I know, I know....NO TEXTING AND DRIVING!!!!
    Jaydee, I use the left convenience key to open QL. I also, have a couple of shortcut keys set to apps. Works great. I'll have to try it when I'm driving. Just kidding.
    07-23-10 08:02 AM
    Oh damn you guys have been missing out if you havent been using the ql shortcut keys. I press spacebar then f and bam! facebook opens, spacebar the t and bam! twitter opens. I have prolly ten shortcuts set in quick launch and while it took me a while to memorize them all i can fly around my phone. The quicklaunch hotkeys mixed with the native bb hotkeys makes it so i never have to click on a single icon!
    07-23-10 09:14 AM
    Oh damn you guys have been missing out if you havent been using the ql shortcut keys. I press spacebar then f and bam! facebook opens, spacebar the t and bam! twitter opens. I have prolly ten shortcuts set in quick launch and while it took me a while to memorize them all i can fly around my phone. The quicklaunch hotkeys mixed with the native bb hotkeys makes it so i never have to click on a single icon!
    Hey rr, just discovering this feature. Like a whole new ballgame now. My previous prob was I didn't realize my QL app list had to be onscreen for it to work. Great now tho. Makes cruisin round the berry smooth as silk.
    07-23-10 09:23 AM
    okay heres the moment of truth, whos gonna load up the new .810 build and give it a go. Im at work but will def be loading her up when i get home and seeing if its any better. Im hesitant though cause 732 has been very good to me.
    07-23-10 11:13 AM
    okay heres the moment of truth, whos gonna load up the new .810 build and give it a go. Im at work but will def be loading her up when i get home and seeing if its any better. Im hesitant though cause 732 has been very good to me.
    Dumb question of the day: Will this work on my Verizon Bold? If so, how do I do it? I hope that it is not complicated.
    07-23-10 12:09 PM
    Dumb question of the day: Will this work on my Verizon Bold? If so, how do I do it? I hope that it is not complicated.
    Lol no question is a dumb question. But yea you can run this on a verizon bold 9650, all you have to do is delete the vendor xml file. you can do this after you install the os to your computer just go to (assuming you are running vista or windows 7) C:\ProgramFiles(x86)/CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader. once there you will be able to find the xml doc which you will delete and then will be able to upgrade your os like normal. If you havent done that, here is a step by step guide to help you through the process How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    good luck and post any questions if you run into any problems, thats what were here for.
    07-23-10 12:19 PM
    We Finely talked the big boss into a BB today. Do you think the Bold is a bit much for a first timer? It really comes down to Bold or Curve but I can't see that the curve making any sense when this beautiful Bold is available. Thoughts ?
    07-23-10 06:06 PM
    We Finely talked the big boss into a BB today. Do you think the Bold is a bit much for a first timer? It really comes down to Bold or Curve but I can't see that the curve making any sense when this beautiful Bold is available. Thoughts ?
    Wizard, Go for the gusto. Get him the Bold so that he can experience the full enchilada. From the little I know about the Curve I don't think he would be as impressed.

Additionally, the Curve will not get BB 6, the Bold will.
    07-23-10 06:14 PM
    Skip the Curve2, it's the entry-level device and just feels flimsy compared to Bold and Storm2. Get the Bold, you'll be wishing you did if you choose otherwise.
    07-23-10 06:17 PM
    Thanks guys . You reinforced my decision. He was 100% against it until he saw how productive I am with mine and how you can get things done without being strapped to a desk.
    07-23-10 06:29 PM
    Hey thanks for the push I needed to be more productive!
    I set up my QL with more shortcuts and BAM!!!!
    I lurveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!
    Yipee!
    Now I CAN text and drive....only joking guys.

But it IS easier to navigate.
    Thanks for the tip!
    07-23-10 06:41 PM
    this is driving me crazy too. Its annoying to have to wait until the release date announcement of the Bold on Verizon only to wait again for that release date. Ive been waiting for my upgrade forever and now that I can upgrade my phone, the phone I want to upgrade to won't come out!
    07-23-10 07:20 PM
    If your talking about the bold, its been out for nearly a month now.

07-23-10 08:21 PM
    Oh damn you guys have been missing out if you havent been using the ql shortcut keys.The quicklaunch hotkeys mixed with the native bb hotkeys makes it so i never have to click on a single icon!
    +1 for this, I was definitly missing out.

This is awesome not having to click icons. Using cami's totally clean, nothing cluttering the home screen theme. Nothing clutters my beautiful wallpaper and a 2 click key press at most gets me to any app I need. Fantastic is this QL app! A+++ !!
    07-23-10 08:49 PM
    QL is a beautiful thing!!
    07-23-10 08:57 PM
    Have any of you had a problem launching CB Launcher from QL? I have tried with a shortcut and by highlighting the name on the QL menu and pressing the trackpad. Neither of them work.
    07-23-10 10:07 PM
    I don't have the cb launcher in QL. But you're right, I just checked it. I use the mobile site anyway, m.crackberry.com as my shortcut.
    Last edited by princebb; 07-23-10 at 10:51 PM.
    07-23-10 10:44 PM
23,186 ... 258259260261262 ...