Congrats Master PC and best wishes to you Cbreze on your retirement. Btw I was born 6:05 AM so no need to freak out lol. I have at least 6 years to go before I can even think about retirement since my daughter has two more years of HS and 4 years of college. Enjoy your retirement. You've earned it after 40 years. Wow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the good wishes Brookelynne. Only an hour and 20 min diff in times. Pretty cool none-the-less.I also have a daughter and I can certainly relate to the school stuff/money/cost etc. I've got my kid launched already and she's on her own and so far hasn't needed any help. Thats what her husband's for anyway.LOL. Good luck with it all.
    07-20-10 09:54 PM
    Congrats pc for making the rank of "Master" and congrats to c on your upcoming retirement! Live life to the fullest!
    07-21-10 12:00 AM
    A little late to the scene...but anyway....congratulations are in order to: Jaydee for the milestone...pc for making the "Master" rank...cbreze for your upcoming retirement...and a belated birthday to cbreze and Brooke....

Now I have a little question about the CB icon for our phones...anyone knows if it has been updated to include the Bold 9650 ?
    Last edited by sims2k; 07-21-10 at 06:39 AM.
    07-21-10 04:27 AM
    Congrats pc for making the rank of "Master" and congrats to c on your upcoming retirement! Live life to the fullest!
    Thanks k-roc, gonna give it my best shot. A BOLD plan.

07-21-10 05:52 AM
    Wow! This is JUST the party place to BE!!!!!!
    Woo HOO the Essex thread! No place else like it on the CB boards my friends!

Congrats cbreze on your upcoming retirement and Brooke on your belated BD!

Robin, I don't think the new CB launcher has changed any to include the 9650 but I couldn't tell you for sure because I use the old one still. I like the pretty colors! LOL

Wow! Happy Wednesday Essex threaders!!!!
    And Bob...no worries, I gave up on the pills and booze as problem resolution
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-21-10 at 07:05 AM.
    07-21-10 07:02 AM
    A little late to the scene...but anyway....congratulations are in order to: Jaydee for the milestone...pc for making the "Master" rank...cbreze for your upcoming retirement...and a belated birthday to cbreze and Brooke....

Now I have a little question about the CB icon for our phones...anyone knows if it has been updated to include the Bold 9650 ?
    I use the old CB launcher, the one that you can change the color of the CB logo. It takes me right to the mobile site. I haven't checked the other one in awhile.
    07-21-10 07:07 AM

Sims,
    Fabian (the creator of the new crackberry launcher) tweeted just this morning that the new crackberry launcher has finally been updated and is available to install via appworld. Havent downloaded it yet but i assume it is now updated for the bold!
    07-21-10 08:33 AM
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. I've been posting on CB for about a year, and lurking even longer reading and learning. I've been on a lot of the different device forums (Curve, Storm/Storm2, Tour) and I have to say there's a great bunch of people on the 9650 forum. Yes, the occasional troll pops in, but not as many as some of the forums. It's great to see helpful posts, as opposed to lame attempts at being witty, when a newbie comes looking for help! Crazy, right???

And cbreze, congrats on the retirement, enjoy it. Well deserved, I'm sure!
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-21-10 at 09:06 AM.
    07-21-10 08:48 AM
    Thankyou jaydee, o' queen of patience for your nice congrats.

Thankyou pc o' king of the links, also for your kind congrats.

Over the years I've been on several phone forums and some I became very well aquainted with other members. They even sponsored meetups in places like New York City. I could never attend but it was a cool idea.
    Just wanted to say that this is one of the friendliest forums and what a great bunch of folks hang out here. I'm so loving being back with my BB, it;s been five years since the last one, that I doubt I'll go back to any other device. Since I'm not working soon and going to be traveling and just hangin' out for fun. Exploring and such, I can't think of a better, more stable device that suits my present needs and future needs so completely.
    And best of all, I have a great place for all things BB and any help. I'll look forward to giving help myself as I become more aquainted with my Bold.
    Thanks everyone,
    Jim(cbreze)
    07-21-10 09:23 AM
    Hey Essex threaders!
    Good morning!
    I found this great little app...paid but only cost me a buck fifty. A tip calculator. Now I know there are free ones. I have tried a few but they are pretty hard to use. This one is called Tip'Em and I got it from Crackberry. It is really cool and the interface lloks just like a restaurant bill. Look here is a screen shot with a fake bill put in for you to see. Hand for me cause I'm always running with the girls off to lunch, or drinks, or Mexican or Thai or somewhere...

Neat, isn't it?
    Now yours truly won't get stuck paying the entire tip!
    HAHA
    Have a great day everyone!
    07-22-10 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the "tip" jaydee, looks like a handy little app.
    07-22-10 09:12 AM
    Something strange going on with my baby Bold, I'm not getting email to my main email account. I sent a test to my blackberry account and got that one, sent one to my work email but that one has not come in; however, it seems to be slow for some reason.

The emais are arriving in my online inbox and downloading to Outlook but not transferring to my bB.

I went online to the BIS site and everything looks good, re-sent servcie books and all three accounts received the notification. As I am typing this, the test email to my work email just arrived.

So, 2 out of 3 percentage wise is not too bad; however, the 1 out of 3 that is not working is my primary email account and that does not make me happy.

I would appreciate any help any of you might have. Thanks guys!
    07-22-10 05:56 PM
    Bob,
    have you checked the boards to see if there are any outages in your area? Some people have been complaining about data outages in certain areas.
    Did you resend service books? I forgot.
    BIS looks good. That's good.
    Host Routing Table? I forgot where to find that. Maybe wizard knows.
    I don't know what else to try...
    Grrrrr
    maybe someone else will have an idea.....
    What email is it? Server I mean? Gmail? Yahoo? AOL?
    07-22-10 06:09 PM
    Are you having gmail issues, Bob? Seems to be plenty of that to go around recently.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/gm...roblem-500014/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/96...e-else-498037/
    07-22-10 06:11 PM
    Something strange going on with my baby Bold, I'm not getting email to my main email account. I sent a test to my blackberry account and got that one, sent one to my work email but that one has not come in; however, it seems to be slow for some reason.

The emais are arriving in my online inbox and downloading to Outlook but not transferring to my bB.

I went online to the BIS site and everything looks good, re-sent servcie books and all three accounts received the notification. As I am typing this, the test email to my work email just arrived.

So, 2 out of 3 percentage wise is not too bad; however, the 1 out of 3 that is not working is my primary email account and that does not make me happy.

I would appreciate any help any of you might have. Thanks guys!
    When this has happenned to me (seldom,maybe 1 or 2 times) I did a pull. Or even easier a left alt/right shift/del. Have you tried this at all. It worked for my email issues each time so far.
    07-22-10 06:13 PM
    Bob,
    have you checked the boards to see if there are any outages in your area? Some people have been complaining about data outages in certain areas.
    Did you resend service books? I forgot.
    BIS looks good. That's good.
    Host Routing Table? I forgot where to find that. Maybe wizard knows.
    I don't know what else to try...
    Grrrrr
    maybe someone else will have an idea.....
    What email is it? Server I mean? Gmail? Yahoo? AOL?

Are you having gmail issues, Bob? Seems to be plenty of that to go around recently.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/gm...roblem-500014/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/96...e-else-498037/
    I don't use Gmail or Yahoo and I wouldn't use AOL if it were the last email service on earth.

I own my own URL and have email boxes associated with that service. I'm hosted by GoDaddy. I can see my emails in the online access facility and they do come down to Outlook.

I have checked the BIS site and resent service books. No outages because my other two emails are working.

When this has happenned to me (seldom,maybe 1 or 2 times) I did a pull. Or even easier a left alt/right shift/del. Have you tried this at all. It worked for my email issues each time so far.
    I have done a battery pull to no avail.

Got to run, will check back later. Wife and I going to social deal.
    07-22-10 06:25 PM
    Bob,
    I would try re-registering your device on the network. Options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry key>register. Then re-send service books again.

07-22-10 07:08 PM
    Bob,
    I would try re-registering your device on the network. Options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry key>register. Then re-send service books again.

I agree 100% with this. Let us know what happens.
    07-22-10 07:14 PM
    Does anyone know why the Q/L app doesn't seem to except shortcut key settings. I'd like to be able to open certain apps with a key press. I have the "dial from home screen" feature disabled.
    07-22-10 08:41 PM
    Does anyone know why the Q/L app doesn't seem to except shortcut key settings. I'd like to be able to open certain apps with a key press. I have the "dial from home screen" feature disabled.
    Well, I added a shortcut letter to a menu item on my Quicklaunch menu.
    I DO NOT have dial from home screen disabled. It worked for me.
    07-22-10 09:00 PM
    Bob,

I agree 100% with this. Let us know what happens.
    No go guys, didn't work.

Prince, I went to Options>advanced options>host routing table. When I looked for the "Blackberry Key" I didn't find it, after clicking on "Host Routing Table" there was a list of entries which had "Verizon (xxxx)". I pressed the BB key and there was a register option so I did that, got the message saying that I had registred on the network and then I resent the service books.

I then sent my self an email, didn't receive it but saw it in the mail box and it came down to Outlook on the next poll from Outlook for mail.
    07-22-10 09:41 PM
    I was going to ask the same question. I get the list of shortcuts that I setup when I press the space bar, but the 1-3 letter shortcuts don't work while the page is open. I can only find the one I want, highlight it and press the trackpad to execute that shortcut.

I set one of the items to be one of the speed dial letters I'm not using but when I pressed the letter the phone asked me if I wanted to setup a speed dial for that letter.

Don't understand what is going on. I do need to download the new verstion that I got an announcement about, just have not had the time. Will do that tonight.
    07-22-10 10:09 PM
    Well, I added a shortcut letter to a menu item on my Quicklaunch menu.
    I DO NOT have dial from home screen disabled. It worked for me.
    Thanks jaydee, with a clue from your reply I was able to figure it out. It's all good!

07-22-10 10:13 PM
    I was going to ask the same question. I get the list of shortcuts that I setup when I press the space bar, but the 1-3 letter shortcuts don't work while the page is open. I can only find the one I want, highlight it and press the trackpad to execute that shortcut.

I set one of the items to be one of the speed dial letters I'm not using but when I pressed the letter the phone asked me if I wanted to setup a speed dial for that letter.

Don't understand what is going on. I do need to download the new verstion that I got an announcement about, just have not had the time. Will do that tonight.
    You need to have the QL list of your apps up, I press Q and it comes up then hit my selected key.

07-22-10 10:16 PM
    You need to have the QL list of your apps up, I press Q and it comes up then hit my selected key.

If I press "Q" from the home screen, I get a "Q" in the phone dialing screen, if I hold it down it changes the sound profile.

If I press the space bar from the home screen I get the list of shorcuts that I setup displayed.

OK, my bB just came up from a reboot after installing the new QL version. Now if I type the shortcut keys fast enough I get the app or command that I setup for the shortcut. ALL is well. I just have to learn to hit the shortcut keys quickly...
    07-22-10 10:48 PM
23,186 ... 257258259260261 ...