Re OS6, I read somewhere that there would be two versions. One for touch and one for non-touch. If you've used winmo pro and winmo standard, kinda gives you an idea. Same os , but diff ways of utilizing it's features. I would imagine that BB6 will be the same yet different in the way each operates. I'm really looking forward to see someone get it on a bold. Now that'd be a sweet leak.
    07-12-10 07:33 PM
    Re OS6, I read somewhere that there would be two versions. One for touch and one for non-touch. If you've used winmo pro and winmo standard, kinda gives you an idea. Same os , but diff ways of utilizing it's features. I would imagine that BB6 will be the same yet different in the way each operates. I'm really looking forward to see someone get it on a bold. Now that'd be a sweet leak.
    I've not been too much on leaks and I've thought about hybreds but never dared to try one. A leak of BB 6 though might get me off center, I'm really looking forward to the Webkit Browser...
    07-12-10 07:38 PM
    I've not been too much on leaks and I've thought about hybreds but never dared to try one. A leak of BB 6 though might get me off center, I'm really looking forward to the Webkit Browser...
    Yes, the browser speed was pretty nice in the vid as well as the pages they were able to load. I'm also wondering how well it will perform on a bold tho and if these newer devices with bb6 as oem will have more cpu like a gig the androids do. I mean why bog down a brand new system with a toooo slow browser speed. That's why I'm concerned the bold can run it , but not as well as a brand new device with more power and bb6 onboard outta the box. Guess we'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 08:20 PM
    It(Bold 9650) was already announced several months ago as being OS6 capable along with the Storm2.
    I think the web kit and the quicker/snapper OS will really make our phones even more awesome.
    07-12-10 08:49 PM
    It's gonna be pretty fricken awesome when it comes out (supposedly Q3/Q4)!
    07-12-10 08:57 PM
    By the by, does anyone here know how to:
    1. Find out if your phone is locked or unlocked by navigating into the phone menus? I was reading some posts that indicate that the Sprint Bold 9650s are unlocked but that our baby Bolds are locked. I'd like to know how to verify what the status is of mine, not that it really matters, you understand.
    2. Determine the temp of your bB and/or battery? I've seen comments about getting the temp of the battery if you think is is running too hot. I have no idea how one would do that.
    Bob, there was a thread that gave the location of locked/unlocked status, I'll see if I can find it for you.

edit: here it is - http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...locked-298879/

I have Meterberry, and it gives battery temp readings, and keeps a log. It also tracks current free memory, memory change since start up and battery level. The app does need an update tho' can't read over 256MB of memory. The developer is working on it, last I knew.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-13-10 at 07:24 AM. Reason: add link
    07-13-10 07:21 AM
    I have Meterberry, and it gives battery temp readings, and keeps a log. It also tracks current free memory, memory change since start up and battery level. The app does need an update tho' can't read over 256MB of memory. The developer is working on it, last I knew.
    Good call on Meterberry , PC!!!
    I was introduced to it by PC also and I LOVE it!
    It gives me a true reading of my free memory available, battery power available, memory used since the last reboot, temp of the battery and so much more.for the few bucks I spent it's a great "fiddler" app. You know, for those of us who like to fiddle and know more than we need to know.

I think that means YOU...BOB!!!!
    07-13-10 08:04 AM
    Ok I have a question about OS 6. If we get it for our Baby Bolds, will we be using it like they do in the video with a touch screen mode? I mean we won't be able to pinch and flick the screen right? That's only for the touch screen models, right?

What will we be able to do, do you think?
    BB6 will come in two flavors: Touch and Non-touch.

Storm/Storm2 have had flick scrolling since OS5. Pinch zoom will be a nice addition. I just hope S2 has enough under the hood to run BB6 and have enough room left over for an app or two. I have a feeling BB6 is going to make S2 a reincarnation of Storm (~20MB of free app memory).
    07-13-10 08:14 AM
    Bob, there was a thread that gave the location of locked/unlocked status, I'll see if I can find it for you.

edit: here it is - http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...locked-298879/

PC - I did as it instructs and got nothing. At the top of the screen it says:

SIM Card: Security Disabled (That is there when I open the page.)

It also has an ID #

Typing mepd as stated in the post returns nothing.
    07-13-10 05:11 PM
    PC - I did as it instructs and got nothing. At the top of the screen it says:

SIM Card: Security Disabled (That is there when I open the page.)

It also has an ID #

Typing mepd as stated in the post returns nothing.
    Try mepd then enter

works on my S2
    07-13-10 05:31 PM
    Try mepd then enter

works on my S2
    Nope!
    07-13-10 05:41 PM
    Just to let all you Essex threaders know about a great Image Editing app that F2 told Mr Weller and I about a few days ago...

ImgEdit by Toysoft...

I bought it today after doing the trial for only two days! Boy, is it a great app! You have the ability to rotate your pics, add text, resize, recolor, pixelate, blur, special effects, blah, blah, omg a hundred things!!!! All from your berry!!!! The app is in the 3rd party app thread and the link to the purchase info is right here if anyone is interested in reading about it from the thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...on-os5-488246/
    +1 for this image editor and thanks jaydee for posting the info. It works great. So many different mods one can do to their images. Just what I have been hoping to find.
    07-13-10 05:49 PM
    +1 for this image editor and thanks jaydee for posting the info. It works great. So many different mods one can do to their images. Just what I have been hoping to find.
    There is a new beta posted in the thread and if you purchased the program download it and it upgrades you to the ability to frame your photos!
    http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/imgEdit.jad
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-13-10 at 08:29 PM.
    07-13-10 08:20 PM
    There is a new beta posted in the thread and if you purchased the program download it and it upgrades you to the ability to frame your photos!
    http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/imgEdit.jad
    Another tip of my hat to jaydee, Thanks. Gonna try the frames for fun.
    07-13-10 09:14 PM
    Bob, not sure why it's not working for you. Try doing caps-lock then MEPD <ENTER>

I have attached 2 screenshots: Figure one is the screen you get when browsing Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    Figure two is the info you're seeking. My guess is that since you got your Bold direct from VZW it's not unlocked.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-14-10 at 07:52 AM.
    07-14-10 07:49 AM
    And here's my Verizon after UNlocking (I called last week and got the code from verizon):

I edited out the sim number
    07-14-10 09:12 AM
    Bob, not sure why it's not working for you. Try doing caps-lock then MEPD <ENTER>

I have attached 2 screenshots: Figure one is the screen you get when browsing Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    Figure two is the info you're seeking. My guess is that since you got your Bold direct from VZW it's not unlocked.
    And here's my Verizon after UNlocking (I called last week and got the code from verizon):

I edited out the sim number
    Thanks PC & F2, the caps was the solution. I totally expected that it would be locked, just curious as to how to tell and what the respose was. Still learnging about BBs, only been an owner for less than a year. A bit of a techie so stuff like that bugs me if I don't know how it works.
    07-14-10 12:00 PM
    Thanks PC & F2, the caps was the solution. I totally expected that it would be locked, just curious as to how to tell and what the respose was. Still learnging about BBs, only been an owner for less than a year. A bit of a techie so stuff like that bugs me if I don't know how it works.
    I was kind of surprised that Bold wants caps, and Tour and Storm2 worked with lower case.

As Rich C (mod) says "We come, we learn, we pass it on, CrackBerry.com! "
    07-14-10 12:08 PM
    Hey Essex threaders...a few days ago I told you about Meterberry that PC suggested I buy after I had problems determining exactly how much remaining battery life I had left. Well, last night something interesting happened...

I checked my phone using Meterberry. Battery temp was 84 degrees. OK normal standards for my phone. I got on a long call. I mean like 55-60 minutes of holding the phone to my ear. It felt hot to the touch. When I got off I thought, Wow this phone could fry an egg...let's open Meterberry and check it out!

Sure enough! Battery temp...100 degrees!

See? Did I need to know that info? No. But do I feel smarter because I do? Yes!

Cool

Hey...pretty hot conversation, too
    07-14-10 06:18 PM
    Hey Jaydee...That's pretty cool information (so to speak). You must of had a hot topic or two. I'm gonna check out Meterberry. Thanks for the tip.
    07-14-10 08:20 PM
    Been away for a little while but just read last night that OS 6 is not coming until 2011 at the earliest!!!! What the heck is going on at RIM. I understand they dont want another Storm debacle but holy cow! Androide and Apple are spitting out phenominal operating systems on a daily basis, whats going on up in Canada??
    07-15-10 09:02 AM
    Been away for a little while but just read last night that OS 6 is not coming until 2011 at the earliest!!!! What the heck is going on at RIM. I understand they dont want another Storm debacle but holy cow! Androide and Apple are spitting out phenominal operating systems on a daily basis, whats going on up in Canada??
    Where did you see that?
    07-15-10 10:12 AM
    Google "Blackbery OS 6 delay" and you will find more than one article on the subject. Of course ATT will get OS 6 LONG before VZW. I love the 9650 but the web browser is killing me with the font size and format on certain websites. I don't know if anyone else is using "FOX mobile" but you can't magnify the font so depending on how tired the eyes are depends on how well you can read the small font. I have 3 days left to make my final decision on this phone.
    07-15-10 03:15 PM
    Google "Blackbery OS 6 delay" and you will find more than one article on the subject. Of course ATT will get OS 6 LONG before VZW. I love the 9650 but the web browser is killing me with the font size and format on certain websites. I don't know if anyone else is using "FOX mobile" but you can't magnify the font so depending on how tired the eyes are depends on how well you can read the small font. I have 3 days left to make my final decision on this phone.
    Socal, have you tried going to options in your browser and setting the "Default Font Size" and the "Minumum Font Size"? I've got mine set to 14 using the "BBAlpha Sans Condensed" font, it seems to help.
    07-15-10 09:24 PM
    Socal, have you tried going to options in your browser and setting the "Default Font Size" and the "Minumum Font Size"? I've got mine set to 14 using the "BBAlpha Sans Condensed" font, it seems to help.
    Bob, I have the same settings and they seem to help my old eyes see the web pages as well. I especially like the default to column view as it opens the page up larger to begin with and them I can select "zoom in" as many times as I need to to see something.

I sure hope SoCal doesn't let this ruin his 9650 experience altogether!
    Would be a shame!!!
    07-16-10 07:48 AM
23,186 ... 253254255256257 ...