Got a quick question and I feel I should know this. On all my other devices when an email came thru truncated it meant the rest of it was coming along right behind or there was an adjustment to get the emails in full. I seem to be missing something as when I get a truncated email I don't ever see the 2nd half unless I save the email for later viewing on my lappy. Isn't there a setting for receiving the entire thing? Have I missed some easy tweak? I mean BB is the email master. I'm feeling kinda, slightly dumb. Anybody?
    I experience the same thing, if there is a fix for it I would also like to know what it is.
    07-09-10 01:22 PM
    I experience the same thing, if there is a fix for it I would also like to know what it is.
    I'm glad it's not just me then. But I'd be very happy to know of a solution. I find it hard to believe that as well as bb does email that there is not a way.
    07-09-10 01:28 PM
    Since I'm waiting for my 2nd replacement baby Bold, I re-loaded the original baby Bold and now I am not receiving emails on two of my email addresses and one of them is my primary address. The only address that works in the @vzw.blackberry.net address.

I have validated all of the addresses, resent the service books 2 or 3 times, but nothing seems to work. This is really annoying!!!

The interesting thing is that if I send an email form my bB it goes out and I find a copy of the email in my sent items folder in my online mailbox.

Seems really strange to me. Anyone got any ideas? I guess I can live with it until tomorrow when the replacement/replacement arrives but now I'm concerned that it will do the same thing.
    07-09-10 01:29 PM
    I'm glad it's not just me then. But I'd be very happy to know of a solution. I find it hard to believe that as well as bb does email that there is not a way.
    That make two of us!
    07-09-10 01:29 PM
    Hey guys, Just a reminder I had the huge email issues after the .732 update.I had to have tech support reset everything on there end and it cleared up.
    Also anyone using yahoo mail there are known issues right now.
    Makes you want to ....
    07-09-10 07:55 PM
    Hey guys, Just a reminder I had the huge email issues after the .732 update.I had to have tech support reset everything on there end and it cleared up.
    Also anyone using yahoo mail there are known issues right now.
    Makes you want to ....
    Been there done that ^ keep trying to avoid it!!!

Thanks for the reminder, if I reload the new device tomorrow and things don't work quite right then I'll call them. With any luck at all everything will work great.
    07-09-10 08:59 PM
    OK Essex Threaders! My life is now complete!!!!

They have released a QVC Blackberry App!!!
    Newsworthy YES!!!!!!!

For I am the original Queen of QVC. Everything I wear, buy, send, gift, have in my house, etc is from QVC!!! And I buy most of it from my phone...LOL while I'm in the car, the ladies room, in bed, a meeting (shush! don't tell the boss!) etc...

I have been further empowered.
    Pick it up at:
    QVC BlackBerry App — QVC.com
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-10-10 at 02:03 PM.
    07-10-10 08:33 AM
    re: qvc

My secretary will definitely be jealous - not that I will use it.
    07-10-10 08:50 AM
    OK Essex Threaders! My life is now complete!!!!

They have released a QVC Blackberry App!!!
    Newsworthy YES!!!!!!!

For I am the original Queen of QVC. Everything I wear, buy, send, gift, have in my house, etc is from QVC!!! And I buy most of it from my phone...LOL while I'm in the car, the ladies room, in bed, the car, a meeting (shush! don't tell the boss!) etc...

I have been further empowered.
    Pick it up at:
    QVC BlackBerry App — QVC.com
    So you are addictec not only to CRACK!
    07-10-10 02:00 PM
    My newest baby Bold arrived sometime this morning, both the wife and I were off to meetings, I left the house for my first meeting at 7:15, she for her first at 8:15. We met and attended one together at 10am and I stopped at the blood drive to bleed for them in between meetings. Busy morning, got home at about 11:30am and my new baby Bold was awaiting my arrival.

I've done the device switch in DM, activated the phone, validated email addresses, resent service books and the Security Wipe on the old phone just completed as I'm typing this.

Thus far, everything works on the new phone as best I can tell. Email is coming in, the END key ends phone calls. Now I'll see what happens and how it performs over the next few days; however, I'm optomistic that all is well.

By the way, the device that I received and returned had an absolutely perfect trackpad, my first baby Bold had the slant as others have described and this latest one has an almost perfect trackpad with a very very minor slant to it. I didn't care about the first one having a slant and I don't care that the newest one has a miniscule slant. All is good.

I'll package up the unit to be returned and drop it at at FedEx pickup location, probably Monday pm.
    07-10-10 02:14 PM

Thus far, everything works on the new phone as best I can tell. Email is coming in, the END key ends phone calls. Now I'll see what happens and how it performs over the next few days; however, I'm optomistic that all is well.

I'll package up the unit to be returned and drop it at at FedEx pickup location, probably Monday pm.
    WOO HOO Bob!!!
    Let's hope 3 is the Magic Number!!!!!!
    This has got to be the one for you. Keeping fingers crossed for you and singing a happy song!

07-10-10 02:52 PM
    My newest baby Bold arrived sometime this morning, both the wife and I were off to meetings, I left the house for my first meeting at 7:15, she for her first at 8:15. We met and attended one together at 10am and I stopped at the blood drive to bleed for them in between meetings. Busy morning, got home at about 11:30am and my new baby Bold was awaiting my arrival.

I've done the device switch in DM, activated the phone, validated email addresses, resent service books and the Security Wipe on the old phone just completed as I'm typing this.

By the way, the device that I received and returned had an absolutely perfect trackpad, my first baby Bold had the slant as others have described and this latest one has an almost perfect trackpad with a very very minor slant to it. I didn't care about the first one having a slant and I don't care that the newest one has a miniscule slant. All is good.

Great news
    07-10-10 03:32 PM
    Bob - glad you're squared away with a Bold that works! Enjoy. :-)

-PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 05:02 PM
    Glad you got your new Bold! Hope this one's a keeper.

07-10-10 05:20 PM
    Good luck to you guys. I have had 3 different ones sent to me to replace my 2nd bold and they all were defected. BB failed big time with quality on this devise. My "low end two year old" curve looks better then my 3 week old paint worn off BOLD. Going to be a long year with this device for me
    07-10-10 08:01 PM
    Good luck to you guys. I have had 3 different ones sent to me to replace my 2nd bold and they all were defected. BB failed big time with quality on this devise. My "low end two year old" curve looks better then my 3 week old paint worn off BOLD. Going to be a long year with this device for me
    Sorry you're having such bad luck with your Bolds.

07-10-10 09:15 PM
    Sorry I've been away. Kids will wear you out!

Bob, glad everything worked out for you!

Jay Dee, pls don't tell my wife about that QVC app lol

Glad to see everyone's doing fine with their "Baby Bolds"

Enjoy your weekend... what's left of it!
    07-11-10 12:27 AM
    To: JayDee and Chitowngirl,

Just in case you guys didn't see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/pu...ck-pad-493918/

Have a terrrrrriiiiifffffiiiiicccc day!

By the way, what happened to Moonlessnight? We have not heard from her in ages.
    07-11-10 09:52 AM
    To: JayDee and Chitowngirl,

Just in case you guys didn't see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/pu...ck-pad-493918/

Have a terrrrrriiiiifffffiiiiicccc day!

By the way, what happened to Moonlessnight? We have not heard from her in ages.
    I saw that thread and know what> MY trackpad IS purple in the sun!!!!
    It looks like the infrared end of a remote and it looks purple to me!!! How pretty!!!! Thanks for thinking of Chitowngirl and me!!!

Where IS Moonlessnight these days? Maybe she's traveling again?
    And know what? I sent a PM to Tourboy but never received an answer, either.
    07-11-10 10:28 AM
    I saw that thread and know what> MY trackpad IS purple in the sun!!!!
    It looks like the infrared end of a remote and it looks purple to me!!! How pretty!!!! Thanks for thinking of Chitowngirl and me!!!

Where IS Moonlessnight these days? Maybe she's traveling again?
    And know what? I sent a PM to Tourboy but never received an answer, either.
    Yeah, hope we hear from Moonlessnight again, hope she is OK.

As for Tourboy, perhaps he went the way of the Tour, got recalled and replaced. Perhaps he is in a state of Metamorphisis and will emerge as Boldboy at some point in the future...
    07-11-10 02:42 PM
    07-11-10 03:18 PM
    I just watched it a little while ago, very impressive.

Come on RIM, release BB6 so the carriers can start playing with it and get it out to us!
    07-11-10 09:15 PM
    Ok I have a question about OS 6. If we get it for our Baby Bolds, will we be using it like they do in the video with a touch screen mode? I mean we won't be able to pinch and flick the screen right? That's only for the touch screen models, right?

What will we be able to do, do you think?
    07-12-10 06:49 PM
    Ok I have a question about OS 6. If we get it for our Baby Bolds, will we be using it like they do in the video with a touch screen mode? I mean we won't be able to pinch and flick the screen right? That's only for the touch screen models, right?

What will we be able to do, do you think?
    Nah, no touch screen operations. He was using a slider (9800?) as best I could tell for that video. Apparently there are some pre-release versions of that device in the wild.

As to what we can do, I'm not very well versed on what all comes with this new OS (I understand that it will be called BlackBerry 6 or BB 6 and not OS 6, fwiw), what I understand from that video and other things that I hae seen about the OS is that it will be much faster and more efficient. It will be able to do OpenGL (not sure what that buys us) and probably most important to those of us with baby Bolds is that it will have the "Webkit" browser.

Apparently this browser will be light years ahead of what we have now, it will be able to handle regular sites properly and not need to use the mobil sites specifically designed for mobile devices.

You now know all that I know about the new BB 6.
    07-12-10 07:20 PM
    By the by, does anyone here know how to:
    1. Find out if your phone is locked or unlocked by navigating into the phone menus? I was reading some posts that indicate that the Sprint Bold 9650s are unlocked but that our baby Bolds are locked. I'd like to know how to verify what the status is of mine, not that it really matters, you understand.
    2. Determine the temp of your bB and/or battery? I've seen comments about getting the temp of the battery if you think is is running too hot. I have no idea how one would do that.
    07-12-10 07:25 PM
23,186 ... 252253254255256 ...