Happy 4th Everyone ! Enjoy your day!
    07-04-10 10:35 AM
    Jaydee:

You can _TRY_ to unplug your computer from the Internet (or disable it). Then try running DM again and see if it skips the UPDATE nonsense. Supposedly, newer versions of DM (I'm still in the dark ages of DM 4.6!!!) check online to see what's available.

(as for the political analogy - as long as Big Brother and/or Desktop Manager minds its own business in my choice of medical procedures, religion, and software updates, etc, fine, but let's not be selective)
    07-04-10 10:44 AM
    F2_
    WOW! Thank you so very much!
    You were right on!
    I disabled my wireless on my laptop and the crazy DM didn't say a word about my update. It didn't in fact give me any chance to do anything with my OS software...but that will be another day's business.
    I am still hoping to install Tasks again without .732 BUT THAT MAY BE A PIPE DREAM...

I was able to delete a few apps and install the theme I had to install through DM since it would not install OTA and the developer was kind enough to send me the files through email.

So thank you both you and Bob; and I know PC will be proud when he reads what we have managed to do in his absence...
    07-04-10 04:42 PM
    OK Essex Threaders...UPDATE time!
    I have fixed all my problems but not without help.

I had the help of BigBadWulf...a Super Genius here on CB.
    (and a great friend of mine)
    With Wulf's help I was able to shrink my .699 to save 27 MB of memory!
    Add Tasks and Memopad back (Wulf says why clean house like you're still on your curve=tent when you're living in a Bold=mansion now?) He's got a point!

And guess what? The listing app I was after was there all along but I never gave it a chance! The tasks app is exactly what I was looking for. Just make a list and check it off. And it's back and I didn't lose anything.

I used Shrink or a new form of it and shrunk .699 and it auto backed up everything for me and put it back and all I had to do was put in a few reg keys again for a couple of apps. Most importantly to me, I lost NO BBM contacts! You know me...MS SOCIAL BUTTERFLY!!!

Boots faster and it's cleaned up a bit for me. I'm happy! Yay!!!
    Thanks Wulfie!!! Sit back and have a cigar! You done good!!!! I'm not easy to train!!!
    07-05-10 09:43 AM
    OK Essex Threaders...UPDATE time!
    I have fixed all my problems but not without help.

I had the help of BigBadWulf...a Super Genius here on CB.
    (and a great friend of mine)
    With Wulf's help I was able to shrink my .699 to save 27 MB of memory!
    Add Tasks and Memopad back (Wulf says why clean house like you're still on your curve=tent when you're living in a Bold=mansion now?) He's got a point!

And guess what? The listing app I was after was there all along but I never gave it a chance! The tasks app is exactly what I was looking for. Just make a list and check it off. And it's back and I didn't lose anything.

I used Shrink or a new form of it and shrunk .699 and it auto backed up everything for me and put it back and all I had to do was put in a few reg keys again for a couple of apps. Most importantly to me, I lost NO BBM contacts! You know me...MS SOCIAL BUTTERFLY!!!

Boots faster and it's cleaned up a bit for me. I'm happy! Yay!!!
    Thanks Wulfie!!! Sit back and have a cigar! You done good!!!! I'm not easy to train!!!
    I'm glad you are happy, whey you aren't happy it's and and . Happy is a good thing.
    07-05-10 05:50 PM
    Well, Well, Well, after I spoke to a verizon CSR last weekend I participated in a survey as requested. I was not too complimentary to the csr and left a message to that effect at the end of the survey.

Well, just a little bit ago, someone from vzw (surpervisor I guess) called and asked if I had any further comments regarding my survey. I told the lady that I did as I was not at all happy with the way the csr I spoke with had handled the situation. I explained to her as I had to the rep that I had done a test with the Tour battery that I had and that its life was the same as the one in the Bold. I further explained that the Tour had given my many more hours than I was getting from the Bold and that based on the test I had done it seemed obvious that I had a device problem and not a battery problem. I told her that the csr that I spoke to had not listened to me at all and that he appeared to be re-reading from a script each time I made a comment.

Long and short of it is that my new baby Bold will be here on Thursday. The lady seemed to agree that I had a device problem and said that the device woulb be replaced. She said words to the effect that it would be a like new device, I know that others have been told that and have received a new in the box device. I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday to fine out what I get.

VZW customer service just went up a notch in my book.
    07-06-10 04:23 PM
    Just got an email from vzw telling me that my new baby Bold has be shipped.

In checking the FedEx Tracking info, I noticed that the weight is 3.0 lbs/1.4 kg. Do I remember correctly that someone said that if your package was about 3 pounds then it was a new in the box deice and not an FRU?
    07-06-10 06:33 PM
    Wonderful news, Bob!!!! Sounds like you are getting a new device!!!!
    Ask Chitowngirl. She's on her third. She can tell you about a fru, I bet!!!!

Glad you gave them heck... and I didn't have to break any bones for you either! You did it all yourself!! Good for you!

07-06-10 08:53 PM
    Wonderful news, Bob!!!! Sounds like you are getting a new device!!!!
    Ask Chitowngirl. She's on her third. She can tell you about a fru, I bet!!!!

Glad you gave them heck... and I didn't have to break any bones for you either! You did it all yourself!! Good for you!

It's amazing what one can accomplish when speaking with a person who has a modicum of inteligence!
    07-06-10 09:33 PM
    Just got an email from vzw telling me that my new baby Bold has be shipped.

In checking the FedEx Tracking info, I noticed that the weight is 3.0 lbs/1.4 kg. Do I remember correctly that someone said that if your package was about 3 pounds then it was a new in the box deice and not an FRU?
    You are absolutely getting a new device! Congrats

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 10:33 PM
    You are absolutely getting a new device! Congrats

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    07-06-10 10:40 PM
    I had to get a replacement due to my trackpad making a bad clicking noise when rolling over it. The package is 2.0 lbs coming from West Chester, PA. That probably means that I am getting a new one correct? My first one was 2.0 lbs coming from Ontario, CA.
    07-06-10 10:47 PM
    I had to get a replacement due to my trackpad making a bad clicking noise when rolling over it. The package is 2.0 lbs coming from West Chester, PA. That probably means that I am getting a new one correct? My first one was 2.0 lbs coming from Ontario, CA.
    I'm not sure. I know the new Bolds are 3.0 lbs and I think refurbs in the brown box are 1.0 lbs.
    07-07-10 12:14 AM
    I'm not sure. I know the new Bolds are 3.0 lbs and I think refurbs in the brown box are 1.0 lbs.
    Well I will let everyone know tomorrow. Should be a NIB because I just checked and my last one from California was in fact 2.0 lbs and a NIB with all accessories. I hope I get that lucky.
    07-07-10 12:20 AM
    Yes, that should be a new device in retail packaging.
    07-07-10 07:33 AM
    Mine is coming from Ontario, CA and is 3 lbs. Wonder why such variation in weight. I can understand the difference between FRU and NIB, but why are FRU = 1 lb, NIB = 2 or 3 lb? Strange.
    07-07-10 08:31 AM
    Mine is coming from Ontario, CA and is 3 lbs. Wonder why such variation in weight. I can understand the difference between FRU and NIB, but why are FRU = 1 lb, NIB = 2 or 3 lb? Strange.
    While somewhat different -they are estimates. I got a new keyboard Membrane from Otterbox. That was it. It was shipped in a box saying one pound and it was in a box twice the size of my n-i-b Bold. The thing could have been in a letter-size envelope and shipped for 44 cents and the post office would have thought the envelope was empty.
    07-07-10 09:22 AM
    While somewhat different -they are estimates. I got a new keyboard Membrane from Otterbox. That was it. It was shipped in a box saying one pound and it was in a box twice the size of my n-i-b Bold. The thing could have been in a letter-size envelope and shipped for 44 cents and the post office would have thought the envelope was empty.
    AAHH!!! I didn't think about the fact that the weight on these shippments are often a guess. I'm used to the mail box place that I have used many times that actually weighs the box and records the actual weight.
    07-07-10 09:29 AM
    Hey Guys & Gals, just wondering if anyone is using an app on their Bold to crop and do simple photo editing? Been meaning to ask and see what everyone might have for opinions. I normally use the computer but would like something on the phone to rotate and crop pics that I wanna MMS or put up on Facebook when necessary...
    07-07-10 06:21 PM
    Just to follow up with a really crude way to crop an image that I have used a couple times. (I have QuickLaunch installed by the way) Zoom in on your picture after you take it and then use QL to take a screenshot of your screen and you'll have a new image of the portion of the picture on your screen. I was hoping there was an app out there for this but CropIt is not compatible with the Bold 9650 yet apparently...
    07-07-10 07:31 PM
    Hey Guys & Gals, just wondering if anyone is using an app on their Bold to crop and do simple photo editing? Been meaning to ask and see what everyone might have for opinions. I normally use the computer but would like something on the phone to rotate and crop pics that I wanna MMS or put up on Facebook when necessary...
    I don't think there is a blackberry app for that purpose yet. There are a lot of threads around and a lot of people asking the same question but no real answers. I tried one called Shrink It from Berry Coder but it is a 10 dollar app. The trial is 7 days. I believe it it allows you to change the size of the picture only from 3 different size choices.

There's also an app called Mini Paint that allows you to add text and draw on pics but I don''t think you can crop or rotate your pics.

Very good question. Hope someone has an idea for us.

07-07-10 08:16 PM
    Actually, there is a beta of a pretty powerful, flexible Image Editor. It is or has been an open beta and it is discussed in the 3rd party apps forum
    07-07-10 10:30 PM
    You guys had me totally worried yesterday, went from mid morning until evening with no ramblings in here. I was afraid that y'all had abondoned our favorite thread.

Every one have a great day, I'll be taking my grandson to the course in a few. He is taking a golf clinic for kids, he's 6, and it's my day to take him.
    07-08-10 07:42 AM
    You guys had me totally worried yesterday, went from mid morning until evening with no ramblings in here. I was afraid that y'all had abondoned our favorite thread.

Every one have a great day, I'll be taking my grandson to the course in a few. He is taking a golf clinic for kids, he's 6, and it's my day to take him.
    It was a slow day all around on the 9650 forum. Did your new Bold arrive yet??
    07-08-10 07:50 AM

Abandon the thread? Bob, for shame!!!!
    I'm always here!!!!
    LOL
    07-08-10 08:07 AM
23,186 ... 250251252253254 ...