Bob, I'm not sure but I think those reconcile choices for mailboxes are made in BIS. Have you checked there?

Go to vzw bis
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    and log on and under your mailboxes see if you can set those choices.
    That would be my guess.
    Can anyone else help?
    PC? Wizard?
    Got it!!!!! Go to your email account's folder and choose Options, then to Email Reconcilliation. There should be an option Delete on: which you'll need to change for each email account you have.

Bob, I don't know why you can't do it on your one email account. Is it the one you have as default under advanced options? If so, my default email is my GMail account and I can change the delete on prompt. -PC
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-01-10 at 02:56 PM.
    07-01-10 02:50 PM
    Bob, I'm not sure but I think those reconcile choices for mailboxes are made in BIS. Have you checked there?

Go to vzw bis
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    and log on and under your mailboxes see if you can set those choices.
    That would be my guess.
    Can anyone else help?
    PC? Wizard?
    That is very similar to what you get when you login from your phone, I had done that a couple of times to no avail from my bB. I tried it from my laptop and still could not change anything that could help with this problem.

Got it!!!!! Go to your email account's folder and choose Options, then to Email Reconcilliation. There should be an option Delete on: which you'll need to change for each email account you have.

Bob, I don't know why you can't do it on your one email account. Is it the one you have as default under advanced options? If so, my default email is my GMail account and I can change the delete on prompt. -PC
    PC - The email reconcilliation is exactly where I was trying to make the change, those options were available for the other two mail boxes but not for my primary. It is really annoying to have that box with three choices come up when I delete a message from my primary. I went in and changed the default to one of my other mail boxes and tried to make the change, to no avail again. I even went to one of the other mail boxes to get to the options screen while my primary is not default and it still won't work. I'm about ready to somebody or something, this is most annoying.
    07-01-10 04:51 PM
    That is very similar to what you get when you login from your phone, I had done that a couple of times to no avail from my bB. I tried it from my laptop and still could not change anything that could help with this problem.

PC - The email reconcilliation is exactly where I was trying to make the change, those options were available for the other two mail boxes but not for my primary. It is really annoying to have that box with three choices come up when I delete a message from my primary. I went in and changed the default to one of my other mail boxes and tried to make the change, to no avail again. I even went to one of the other mail boxes to get to the options screen while my primary is not default and it still won't work. I'm about ready to somebody or something, this is most annoying.
    When you say primary email, do you mean the account listed as default messaging under Options > Advanced Options > Default Services?
    07-01-10 04:55 PM
    Hello guys just checking in
    07-01-10 05:03 PM
    Bob,
    Am I reading right that your primary email option only lets you wipe the hand held not both?
    07-01-10 08:36 PM
    What's that app about Sims2k?
    Is that for the World Cup?
    Surprised it crashed your phone if they said it was ready for the bold. too bad!!!
    Yeah...it was for the World Cup....but it is over for now...and it did crash my phone...
    07-01-10 10:44 PM
    Bob, did you ever get the right options to reconcile email on your device?
    I followed the directions and mine seemed to work.
    07-02-10 09:32 AM
    When you say primary email, do you mean the account listed as default messaging under Options > Advanced Options > Default Services?
    That is correct. That is the email that I use for all my personal emailing. One of the others is for my part time job and the last one is the one @vzw.blackberry.net that we need to setup to get into the email settings online page.

Bob,
    Am I reading right that your primary email option only lets you wipe the hand held not both?
    Wizard, it is the other way around. I can't set my primary so that it only does the device and does not give me the option to delete from the mailbox. On my primary account all of my emails not only come down to my bB but also go to my laptop at home into Outlook which is where I do my email management, filing, etc. I don't keep copies of emails on my device, just on my laptop. Thus, I don't want to have to choose where I want to delete, I only want to delete on my device.

Bob, did you ever get the right options to reconcile email on your device?
    I followed the directions and mine seemed to work.
    Directions work fine on two of my mailboxes, but not the one I want them to work on. Go figure.

Gotta run, kids and grandkid here.
    07-02-10 03:36 PM
    Sorry Bob, can't help you with the e-mail, but off topic, how is your battery situation looking since doing the wipe?
    07-02-10 09:21 PM
    Hey k-roc, long time no post! LOL
    How are you?

Got a question for my fellow Essex threaders:
    I have been looking for a list app.
    I immediately deleted the TASK and MEMO app that comes with our OS. Don't ask why. I think because out of force of habit, I used to delete it on my curve 8330 because it took up memory with anything you wrote in the lists hanging around in system memory and the curve had so little of it. No that we have memory to spare, it's no longer an issue. BUT I have been looking around at third party listing apps and have been unsatisfied as I need something simple... I mean simple like:

driving in the car and hear a song and want to jot down the name
    or getting ready in the am and realize I need yet another black eyeliner
    or get to work and realize I need more sweet lily white tea or I will go postal

that kinda list...SIMPLE. NO CATEGORIES...just a list.

So if MEMOS or TASKS will do it for me...

uhhhhhhh...how do i get them back?????
    07-03-10 09:37 AM
    Hey k-roc, long time no post! LOL
    How are you?

Got a question for my fellow Essex threaders:
    I have been looking for a list app.
    I immediately deleted the TASK and MEMO app that comes with our OS. Don't ask why. I think because out of force of habit, I used to delete it on my curve 8330 because it took up memory with anything you wrote in the lists hanging around in system memory and the curve had so little of it. No that we have memory to spare, it's no longer an issue. BUT I have been looking around at third party listing apps and have been unsatisfied as I need something simple... I mean simple like:

driving in the car and hear a song and want to jot down the name
    or getting ready in the am and realize I need yet another black eyeliner
    or get to work and realize I need more sweet lily white tea or I will go postal

that kinda list...SIMPLE. NO CATEGORIES...just a list.

So if MEMOS or TASKS will do it for me...

uhhhhhhh...how do i get them back?????
    I use stickynote a lot as it helps me not forget or if I want to look something later etc ..took a little bit to set it up right but it works for me:
    StickyNote (TM) - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    07-03-10 10:25 AM
    While I don't have a link, some folks like Maratick. You could also just keep your list in BBnotepad. Since it provides a history of open files, you could quickly select/reselect the "Todo.txt" file over and over and edit as you need.
    07-03-10 11:04 AM
    Sorry Bob, can't help you with the e-mail, but off topic, how is your battery situation looking since doing the wipe?
    I did the wipe and reinstall of the OS, if there is any improvement it is so slight that it is not noticable. I'm still thinking I need to swap the device out but have not gotten into town to the vzw store. I may call cs and discuss with them, they may be able to just send me one and save a trip into town.
    07-03-10 11:15 AM
    hi there, just checking in and all. what's going on with you bob? email issue or what not? someone feel free to PM me so i can come into the know of this post. lol
    07-03-10 01:01 PM
    I think Bob has explained his issue pretty well in the previous posts so if you can help him with an answer that solves the problem we'd all like to see Bob happy!

hi there, just checking in and all. what's going on with you bob? email issue or what not? someone feel free to PM me so i can come into the know of this post. lol
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 02:40 PM
    As mentioned in previous posts, a couple of things are going on.

Firstly, my battery is not lasting as long as I believe that it should based on info from other users on this thread.

Secondly, I have an email settings problem that has me and several regular contributors to this thread baffled.

Other than that, I do love my bB. (baby Bold)
    07-03-10 04:13 PM
    OK, I decided to call cs to see if they would simply send me a new device since I have tested the phone with a Tour battery from a Tour that was giving me 1.5 to 2 days servcie between charges. The Tour's battery when put in the bB lasted the same amount of time as the bB's battery. Thus, it is pretty obvious that the problem is with the device not the battery.

CS person was a broken record which kept saying that this type of problem was typically a battery problem so I needed to go to the store and have the battery tested.

I attempted x2 to explain that I had tested the bB with the Tour's battery and that it had lasted a similar amount of time which would indicate that the problem was with the device and not the battery. Repeat of broken record. I get the feeling that this csr had a script in front of him and all he was capable of doing was reading from it. No capability to think!

So my attempt to avoid a trip into town was but a waste of time. I'll have to find some time this week to get into town to the store since my 30 days ends a week from Monday.
    07-03-10 04:53 PM
    OK Bob, ROAD TRIP!
    07-03-10 05:01 PM
    OK Bob, ROAD TRIP!

Yup!

Just learned something, a post has to be at least 10 characters long. Didn't know that!
    07-03-10 05:46 PM
    OK, I decided to call cs to see if they would simply send me a new device since I have tested the phone with a Tour battery from a Tour that was giving me 1.5 to 2 days servcie between charges. The Tour's battery when put in the bB lasted the same amount of time as the bB's battery. Thus, it is pretty obvious that the problem is with the device not the battery.

CS person was a broken record which kept saying that this type of problem was typically a battery problem so I needed to go to the store and have the battery tested.

I attempted x2 to explain that I had tested the bB with the Tour's battery and that it had lasted a similar amount of time which would indicate that the problem was with the device and not the battery. Repeat of broken record. I get the feeling that this csr had a script in front of him and all he was capable of doing was reading from it. No capability to think!

So my attempt to avoid a trip into town was but a waste of time. I'll have to find some time this week to get into town to the store since my 30 days ends a week from Monday.
    Call CS again. Chances are that you might get a rep that will listen to you and not just read a script.
    07-03-10 11:05 PM
    Call CS again. Chances are that you might get a rep that will listen to you and not just read a script.
    Thanks for that thought, I may give them another call tomorrow sometime. I have my son & daughter-in-law & granddaughter here, they are leaving sometime tomorrow and I may do it after they leave.
    07-03-10 11:18 PM
    Happy 4th all you Essex threaders!

Wizard, Bob, PC anyone else who can help...ST I got a question for you all...

I have a few apps that I want to delete and some I want to add via DM. I plugged my phone into DM and when I opened AppLoader, it gave me all the choices of what was on my phone and I could uncheck items, etc. It had some Europenan Portuguese language checked which I assume I can delete (uncheck) since I speak and understand only English, but here's the tricky part...IT HAS SYSTEM UPDATE CHECKED FOR 36 MB AND IT WON'T LET ME UNCHECK IT. (its greyed out)

Does this mean it will update my software from .699 which I have to .732 which I am assuming it will so...however...i never downloaded .732 on my computer or anything so does it do it by itself? Oh I feel like such a noob about this!

Help!

I'm not plugging my phone in again until someone calms my fears. Oh and how long will this take?
    07-04-10 06:22 AM
    Happy 4th all you Essex threaders!

Wizard, Bob, PC anyone else who can help...ST I got a question for you all...

I have a few apps that I want to delete and some I want to add via DM. I plugged my phone into DM and when I opened AppLoader, it gave me all the choices of what was on my phone and I could uncheck items, etc. It had some Europenan Portuguese language checked which I assume I can delete (uncheck) since I speak and understand only English, but here's the tricky part...IT HAS SYSTEM UPDATE CHECKED FOR 36 MB AND IT WON'T LET ME UNCHECK IT. (its greyed out)

Does this mean it will update my software from .699 which I have to .732 which I am assuming it will so...however...i never downloaded .732 on my computer or anything so does it do it by itself? Oh I feel like such a noob about this!

Help!

I'm not plugging my phone in again until someone calms my fears. Oh and how long will this take?
    I'm not 100% on this BUT, my thinking is that you will end up with .732. I believe that what happens is that there is an indicator set somewhere that tells AL that there is a SW update available. If you run it, it will then DL the SW and install it on your baby.

I would agree that they should give the option to upgrade to the next level, but obviously they don't think that way and they write the AL SW and can make it do anything they want to make it do. (Laid code for almost all of my professional career of 30+ years) I have the same issue with Microsoft and Windows, they assume (because like the liberals running our country they think they know what is best for you and the citizens of out country are pretty stupid, substitute users for citizens and you have the same mentality) that you are too stupid to know where to store files or what folders/files you shoule be able to access and have permissions to do what you want to do.

Sorry for the rant/rambling but this is something that really sticks in my craw, I don't like being told I am too stupid to know how to do anything and have to be led by the hand.
    07-04-10 10:09 AM
    Bob, your colorful analogy is appreciated! I am thinking along those same lines and I bet if I decide to use DM I am going to end up with .732 and losing my configurations...unless it auto backs up for me! I did make a back up with PCs help and I will run this past him before I attempt anything only because I will be crying to him if something goes wrong anyway LOL. I truly
    Wish I could choose the OS as I have no real need to blow away .699 at this time. Dm is just being a Dhead if You get my very vulgar drift!
    Such are the powers of software writers! May they rot in....well the most unpleasant place I can think of right now is the beer line at the carnival that runs out when they get to the counter!

07-04-10 10:28 AM
    Bob! Hello! You are not alone in your battery issue. My battery (i went from a tour to a bold also) is pretty much crap. To the point of where I called CS. and freaked out on them about phone sturdiness, and blah blah blah. .732 is, in my honest opinion. a relatively faulty OS build.

So, I feel like a lot of things will change come the next Bold OS upgrade. at least, I hope so :S
    07-04-10 10:34 AM
23,186 ... 249250251252253 ...