As much as I hate the idea, it appears that the best solution may be to replace my bB. I was using the Tour's battery to see if it performed any better than the Bold's battery, my thinking was that if the Tour's battery was better then I simply needed to replace the Bold's battery. That not being the case, I now feel that it would probably be best to replace the device. I don't want to wait too long, I got my baby Bold on 6/12 so I have had it for about 2wks. If I mess around with a new battery I may be our of my 30day period before I get the new battery conditioned enough to tell that I need to replace the device.

What do you guys thinkk? There is a new vzw store out in my area that I could go to for the exchange without having to go into town to my buddy's store. I think that for an exchange it would not matter which store I went to.
    Go exchange it..you might have a bad one. If they give you trouble tell them Jaydee said so
    06-28-10 07:07 PM
    I saw that case already, didn't like it not much protection for me.....so ur safe this time
    Welcome back Chitowngirl, JayDee is right, don't ever disappear on us again.

Too bad you had to replace your baby Bold, sounds like you got a good one this time. That's a GOOD thing.

Actually, that case is not enough protection for JayDee's baby Bold, she needs a water proof one! Her case hunt is definately not over yet!!!
    06-28-10 07:09 PM
    Wizard. Very Funny!

You know what I would do though if my Baby Bold was giving me trouble. Bob, go in there with a shotgun attitude and don't take NO for an answer!

Take the whole dang thing back and get what you want in return!!!! Wizard is right!

And as for my case, that makes three purple ones. And I will change them as the mood strikes me. But when I go out for drinks, the phone stays in the purse... lest you know what happens
    06-28-10 07:19 PM
    Yes, return it for sure. It doesn't sound like any battery would help that issue. It's just not right. It took me 2 bolds before I got it right. Alot of others also had some returns. So def "just do it".

BTW , my 1700 did great today. It gave me 20% more which is just what it was advertised to do, so I am pleased with it as I expected no more and it's just the extra I was needing.
    06-28-10 07:34 PM
    I know that I'm coming in on the **** end of things and the proverbial dipping in the kool-aide, but Bob are you sure that you don't have any apps running silently in the background? If not give App Alert a try just to make sure. I used it and found out that I had three apps running at the same time. Just a thought.
    06-28-10 09:56 PM
    Hey wait, why did I get stars when I said but? lol
    06-28-10 09:57 PM
    I know that I'm coming in on the **** end of things and the proverbial dipping in the kool-aide, but Bob are you sure that you don't have any apps running silently in the background? If not give App Alert a try just to make sure. I used it and found out that I had three apps running at the same time. Just a thought.
    I check what's running by holding the BB key down for a couple of seconds or by using an app called Kisses. Sure there are apps running that are not part of the RIM suite of apps, but they are apps that one expects to have running. It seems to me that the only way that one would have nothing but the RIM stuff running is to not install anything other than the stuff that comes with the phone which doesn't make sense if one has a phone that has the capabilities of these devices, not to mention the memory.

I'm not willing to turn everything off (GPS, Wi-Fi, etc) to try and conserve my battery. If I'm going to do that then I might as well trade my baby Bold for a DUMB phone. RIM should be providing batteries that are capable of lasting for at lease a day with reasonable use of the capabilities that the device has.
    06-28-10 10:40 PM
    Bob, follow your 1st mind and take ur baby back!!! Once you have a new baby who won't drain on ya, you'll be happy!!!!! I had to go through 3 to get it right. Bottom line when I spend MY $$$$ I must be happy. So with that said "go get a new on TODAY".

And.....will not leave like that again, Sorry guys I had no idea u cared (tear).
    06-29-10 03:44 AM
    I check what's running by holding the BB key down for a couple of seconds or by using an app called Kisses. Sure there are apps running that are not part of the RIM suite of apps, but they are apps that one expects to have running. It seems to me that the only way that one would have nothing but the RIM stuff running is to not install anything other than the stuff that comes with the phone which doesn't make sense if one has a phone that has the capabilities of these devices, not to mention the memory.

I'm not willing to turn everything off (GPS, Wi-Fi, etc) to try and conserve my battery. If I'm going to do that then I might as well trade my baby Bold for a DUMB phone. RIM should be providing batteries that are capable of lasting for at lease a day with reasonable use of the capabilities that the device has.
    I start each day (7AM) with a fully charged battery. I leave wifi and GPS on. Phone, BBM, Browser, Google Voice, Gmail, and Messages are always running. Taking phone calls, sending text, BBM (with jaydee ) and some browsing leave me at 20% by 10PM. You may want to see if they will replace your battery. Do you have network set to 1XEV and not Global? I've heard that can help.
    06-29-10 07:22 AM
    I start each day (7AM) with a fully charged battery. I leave wifi and GPS on. Phone, BBM, Browser, Google Voice, Gmail, and Messages are always running. Taking phone calls, sending text, BBM (with jaydee ) and some browsing leave me at 20% by 10PM. You may want to see if they will replace your battery. Do you have network set to 1XEV and not Global? I've heard that can help.
    My expectations are to get that kind of battery life. Since I tried the battery from Tour and got the same performance I have come to believe that I need to replace the phone. Had the Tour battery performed better, then I would have felt a battery replacement was the thing to do.

I'll got to vzw store and exchange this afternoon. For now, need to get the golf cart out and head to the course. Talk to you guys this afternoon.
    06-29-10 07:52 AM
    My expectations are to get that kind of battery life. Since I tried the battery from Tour and got the same performance I have come to believe that I need to replace the phone. Had the Tour battery performed better, then I would have felt a battery replacement was the thing to do.

I'll got to vzw store and exchange this afternoon. For now, need to get the golf cart out and head to the course. Talk to you guys this afternoon.
    Lucky man. I am not quite sure if it is the phone itself, but perhaps just a weird OS install. I like plk wake up at 8 am every morning fully charged and with text, BBM, internet, some pandora, and e-mail sporadically throughout the day I usually end up with like 30-40% by like 9 pm.
    06-29-10 10:26 AM
    Maybe you need to join the countless hordes of high school students over the summer who attend summer school for reading comprehension and READ THE BLOODY THREAD TITLE!

Or if summer school is not an option, go visit your local senior center. They can help you with your literacy problem.

Oh and HAVE A NICE DAY
    OK. hardy har-har. I simply missed that part. But ok, I didnt even know that a thread title could be changed.
    06-29-10 03:28 PM
    No luck on the exchange at the VZW store out near me. It turns out it is a fake VZW store, they call themselves Go Wireless but have VZW all over the place. Anyway, all I got was the runaround. "We don't have the same computers they do. We don't have techs here. You should download an app that will tell you what apps are running so you can stop them." Sheesh!

I said to the guy, "So what you are telling me is I should make it a dumb phone!" Gave me a funny look, so I told him that if I didn't use the capabilities of the phone I might as well have a dumb phone. He didn't have an answer for that one. (I think an ID 10 T error occurred on the other side of the counter!)

Anyway, my trip to that place, last one by the way, was a waste of time.

I wonder if I should call CS and see if the will send me a new phone or if they will also tell me I need to go to a corporate store? Let me know what y'all think.

PS. Don't know what I'd do without all y'all to vent on and get good advice from!!!

PPS. Golf game was good, at least it was not a wasted day all around. Had a good so life is good except for some annoying people/circumstances.
    06-29-10 04:26 PM
    Bob, follow your heart. Call CS and ask them for a new battery or a new phone. I'm not sure what the consensus would be here/ Me, I would be too tired to give up my phone, but dag nabbit...,you paid for a working device and if it's not working right, well, you should be able to ask for another.

Couldn't they ship you another overnight like they did for Chitowngirl? She's on her third, I think she said. Better to get it right now; you are going to have it for two years at least...

Others will weigh in...
    Keep the faith and glad you hit them well today!
    06-29-10 06:51 PM
    No luck on the exchange at the VZW store out near me. It turns out it is a fake VZW store, they call themselves Go Wireless but have VZW all over the place. Anyway, all I got was the runaround. "We don't have the same computers they do. We don't have techs here. You should download an app that will tell you what apps are running so you can stop them." Sheesh!

I said to the guy, "So what you are telling me is I should make it a dumb phone!" Gave me a funny look, so I told him that if I didn't use the capabilities of the phone I might as well have a dumb phone. He didn't have an answer for that one. (I think an ID 10 T error occurred on the other side of the counter!)

Anyway, my trip to that place, last one by the way, was a waste of time.

I wonder if I should call CS and see if the will send me a new phone or if they will also tell me I need to go to a corporate store? Let me know what y'all think.

PS. Don't know what I'd do without all y'all to vent on and get good advice from!!!

PPS. Golf game was good, at least it was not a wasted day all around. Had a good so life is good except for some annoying people/circumstances.
    Call them up and give them the business Bob !
    Don't take no for an answer. If they give you trouble..we send the ladies after them !

Bottom line return that lemon !
    06-29-10 07:09 PM
    Those go wireless places are a waste of time. Call CS and see what they suggest. They will either send you one or tell you to go to the corp store or give you the option of either choice. I did this when my first had a hardware problem. They said they would send me one but it sounded like more hassle to me and the cs rep said just take it to a store for a swap. Thats what I did and no more issue. It was cheerfully swapped. If your to far from a corp store then maybe the mail route makes more sense. In any case call CS first. I've never had a bad experience yet. Just be polite. You can get more bees with honey than vinegar. But by all means do it Bob. These bolds are truly to awesome to give up this easy.

EDIT: If you go the store route be sure they have them in stock before trekking over there.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-29-10 at 07:52 PM.
    06-29-10 07:50 PM
    Okay I need some advice guys. I love my Bold; it is great, but the trackpad is really starting to kill me, meaning that the crookedness is just annoying the **** out of me. I don't want to open it up and try to fix it, I just want it fixed. Do you think a vzw store could do anything for me? If not, what the **** should I do!?!? If I get the Bold replaced then my privacy screen protector goes and I have to waste another $15. Do you think if I called CS and said that I want it replaced at the store along with a new screen protector because they sent me a device with a faulty trackpad?

I mean I must sounds like a whiny little girl, but this thing is just faulty manufactured and I shouldn't have to deal with it. What's your guys' advice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 08:05 PM
    Okay I need some advice guys. I love my Bold; it is great, but the trackpad is really starting to kill me, meaning that the crookedness is just annoying the **** out of me. I don't want to open it up and try to fix it, I just want it fixed. Do you think a vzw store could do anything for me? If not, what the **** should I do!?!? If I get the Bold replaced then my privacy screen protector goes and I have to waste another $15. Do you think if I called CS and said that I want it replaced at the store along with a new screen protector because they sent me a device with a faulty trackpad?

I mean I must sounds like a whiny little girl, but this thing is just faulty manufactured and I shouldn't have to deal with it. What's your guys' advice?

There not going to replace it for a crooked track pad that just a visual thing.... if it fails to work ok but honestly your kind of stuck.
    Sorry
    06-29-10 08:11 PM
    Don't take no for an answer. If they give you trouble..we send the ladies after them !

Yeah, I will probably do that; however, at the moment I am wiping my device, I am going to re-install .732 with the radio file from .621 which is supposed to be a better radio file. I'll see how the phone perfoms after I do this. Nobody told me that it's a multi-day operation to wipe a phone! Gosh I'm already to 4% and that has only taken about 20 minutes.

Based on infor I got in other threads, especially reading comments from the "Crack-Geniuses", I'm thinking that perhaps my OS got klugged when I upgraded to .732. If that is the case and re-instlling improves things then I won't have to replace the phone, may still need to replace the battery but we'll see what happens.

I received a phone call after I typed that the wipe was at 4%, that was over 45 minutes ago and I'm now up to 65%. They must have this thing go through and wipe each bit multiple times (as the US Gov would require), kind of like move "0" then move "1" then move "0" then move "1". No chance to go back and recreate the data that was once there. Oh well, it's only 8:40 CDT and I'm usually up til after midnight.
    06-29-10 08:44 PM

If the crooked trackpad is that big of an issue, I agree with Wizard that they will not replace for this reason, there is a thread that gives you step by step instructions on how to fix the problem. There's a video or two on YouTube related to this process. It sounds very easy to do, mine is not level either but I don't really care to be honest with you so it'll stay that way.

Check out the "fix" thread before you decide if you want to repair it or not.
    06-29-10 08:52 PM

If I were paying my money you betcha I would take it back in a heart beat. Its all about your approach, and the rep that you get. They are there to serve you!!! Take it back or send it back for a replacement. The one I had was major crooked now the new one is a lot better still not perfect, but then again nothing is Can't hurt to try they can only tell you yes or no. If you dont like the respond wait a day and try it again or go to another location.
    06-29-10 09:19 PM

Thats right Bob Jaydee and I got ur back man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-29-10 09:21 PM

The crooked pad is so common you'd probably get another one if you replaced your bold. Just deal with it and check out the fix thread. I honestly don't see the big deal with it tho. Don't stare at it. Just use it. Thats just me.
    06-29-10 09:24 PM
    Mine is slanted but doesnt seem to be that much of an issue. I have noticed that if your fingers are wet/oily, the track pad goes on strike and doesnt want to work too well. On a different note, if "A" locks the keyboard...what letter unlocks it???
    06-29-10 09:41 PM
    Mine is slanted but doesnt seem to be that much of an issue. I have noticed that if your fingers are wet/oily, the track pad goes on strike and doesnt want to work too well. On a different note, if "A" locks the keyboard...what letter unlocks it???
    SoCal
    I just pressed the "A" key right now and my heart stopped!
    Wise guy!
    So the "A" key locks the keyboard and the left uppermost button on the top of the phone on the flat part of the top of the phone unlocks it. I mean its the standby button, or at least it's what I always called the standby button on my 8330.

But if you look closely, there is a picture of a LOCK up there.
    06-29-10 09:50 PM
23,186 ... 247248249250251 ...