Let me throw this out there on battery life: I fully recharged on Friday night and here on Sunday morning I have 80 % left. I have about 9 apps installed and running twitter, Weatherbug and Facebook along with my 3 email accounts.. ???
    I really can't ask for more battery life on a phone then my Bold. It is out performing my old storm x 3.
    Thats pretty good. I noticed this a couple times also and did a soft reboot and found the batter meter reset it self like it was hung up. Went down to correct reading after that(quite a bit less). Just mentioning.
    06-27-10 10:47 AM
    Thats pretty good. I noticed this a couple times also and did a soft reboot and found the batter meter reset it self like it was hung up. Went down to correct reading after that(quite a bit less). Just mentioning.
    After soft reboot still 80%.... For whatever reason unless I use the phone it's self for calls heavy the battery life is fantastic.
    06-27-10 10:54 AM
    After soft reboot still 80%.... For whatever reason unless I use the phone it's self for calls heavy the battery life is fantastic.
    Great! After reading so many "battery issue" posts with such a wide range of results it's good to hear someone has good life. I'm hoping my new 1700 will give me that "just enough" more spark to get me completly thru the day until the bedtime charge. My oem battery is really fine and I had no complaints other than that last couple hours if I were to get an important call. This should do the trick. Lovin' my "berry" tho.
    06-27-10 11:05 AM
    Does "simple trax" use gps constantly? Maybe a battery sucker. I leave my gps off and turn on as needed seems to help some. I just installed the 1700mAh in my bold this morning. If I get an extra 2 or 3 hours I'll be pleased. Not looking for a miracle, just a wee bit more time.
    Cbreze, Yes, it uses GPS. It defeats the purpose of having the app if you turn GPS off unless you remember to turn in back on right before you loose the device or some clips it. Thus, I have been leaving GPS on.

Please let us know how the 1700 does. If it gets you a few more hours that may be exactly what I need. Thanks
    06-27-10 01:45 PM
    Let me throw this out there on battery life: I fully recharged on Friday night and here on Sunday morning I have 80 % left. I have about 9 apps installed and running twitter, Weatherbug and Facebook along with my 3 email accounts.. ???
    I really can't ask for more battery life on a phone then my Bold. It is out performing my old storm x 3.
    That is awesome! I'm waiting to see how my Tour's battery works, hoping that all I need is a battery replacement for my baby Bold. I don't need this much longevity; however, that length of time tells me that even if I had heavy usage (for me that not as much as for most) my battery would last the day and that is all I am looking for.
    06-27-10 01:51 PM
    Well we have been so good sticking to topic that I have not been off on a rambling lately so let me tell you a funny, ALMOST tragic story about my Friday night.

My gfs and I decided to celebrate the last day of school by going out for a drink at a very ritzy 150+ year old renovated hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY... if you follow horse racing at all...the Travers, the August place to be, etc THAT Saratoga Springs, yes, that is where we frequent most of the time. Well, year round it is a great place to shop, eat, walk around, drink, play, etc and the people are great. In August when the ponies are running, well.... I stay away because I can't afford it. HAHA I am only a teacher after all!

Well, back to my story...so we go to the old hotel, beautiful place btw to the back, lush garden patio, to have a fru-fru, mucho-expensivo drink and celebrate. While we are waiting for the drinks to arrive I get out my Baby Bold (as Bob likes to call it) and say before we drink I'm getting a picture of these drinks. So the waitress arrives and leans over to set the drinks down and you know what happens, right???????

RIGHT??????

All three drinks land on my capris, bare legs, sandals and feet, and MY Grand Marnier Mimosa in a champagne flute crashes and shatters on my feet and the cobblestone next to my feet. Glass and orange juice everywhere...not to mention a ginger martini and a mojito, too!

BUT HERE"S THE GOOD PART>>>>>>>>
    I SAVED MY BABY BOLD

I know the drinks are expensive but not as expensive as my BOLD!!!
    Whew.
    So my question is this:
    I know it's good luck when a seagull ****s on you.
    And when a pigeon ****s on you.
    How about when a waitress spills 3 drinks on you?
    Whaddya think?
    06-27-10 02:01 PM
    Well we have been so good sticking to topic that I have not been off on a rambling lately so let me tell you a funny, ALMOST tragic story about my Friday night.

My gfs and I decided to celebrate the last day of school by going out for a drink at a very ritzy 150+ year old renovated hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY... if you follow horse racing at all...the Travers, the August place to be, etc THAT Saratoga Springs, yes, that is where we frequent most of the time. Well, year round it is a great place to shop, eat, walk around, drink, play, etc and the people are great. In August when the ponies are running, well.... I stay away because I can't afford it. HAHA I am only a teacher after all!

Well, back to my story...so we go to the old hotel, beautiful place btw to the back, lush garden patio, to have a fru-fru, mucho-expensivo drink and celebrate. While we are waiting for the drinks to arrive I get out my Baby Bold (as Bob likes to call it) and say before we drink I'm getting a picture of these drinks. So the waitress arrives and leans over to set the drinks down and you know what happens, right???????

RIGHT??????

All three drinks land on my capris, bare legs, sandals and feet, and MY Grand Marnier Mimosa in a champagne flute crashes and shatters on my feet and the cobblestone next to my feet. Glass and orange juice everywhere...not to mention a ginger martini and a mojito, too!

BUT HERE"S THE GOOD PART>>>>>>>>
    I SAVED MY BABY BOLD

I know the drinks are expensive but not as expensive as my BOLD!!!
    Whew.
    So my question is this:
    I know it's good luck when a seagull ****s on you.
    And when a pigeon ****s on you.
    How about when a waitress spills 3 drinks on you?
    Whaddya think?
    ROFLMAO, Only you could have an experience like that and still save your baby Bold. Good Job!

So now, I guess you will be looking for a purple "Water Proof" case!!

I'm still laughing!
    06-27-10 02:10 PM
    I don't think it is good luck when a seagull ****s on you. It's good luck when the seagull ****s on someone else!
    06-27-10 02:18 PM
    I don't think it is good luck when a seagull ****s on you. It's good luck when the seagull ****s on someone else!
    OK, I never thought of it that way...LOL
    But seriously I thought the old wives tale was...
    06-27-10 02:24 PM
    Do whatever it takes to save the Baby Bold! Nice going
    06-27-10 05:10 PM
    ROFL also, What a story! I've not heard the good luck thing getting shat upon . How come when I say **** I get bleeped and you all don't?
    BTW: Where I live in the desert southwest we don't sit outside much anywhere cause it's usually right around 110 degrees. OUCH!! We use oven mitts to drive LOL.
    And never leave your baby bold in a closed car or it will be toast in short order.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-27-10 at 09:50 PM.
    06-27-10 05:34 PM
    ROFL also, What a story! I've not heard the good luck thing getting shat upon . How come when I say **** I get bleeped and you all don't?
    BTW: Where I live in the desert southwest we don't sit outside much anywhere cause it's usually right around 110 degrees. OUCH!! We use oven mitts to drive LOL.
    At least you guys are trying to do something about your borders, I'm hoping that my state government will follow suit. Most of those that don't cross in AZ are crossing in TX; that is except the few that are crossing in CA but that is OK, they want them there so they can add to their already bankrupt state status!

Back on the battery issue, about 2hrs or so ago I was at 70% and I thought things were looking up; however, a little later I was on my back deck gilling some meat and I checked into CB for just a moment (was probably here for 3-4minutes) then I got a phone call from one of my sons and we talked for about 20minutes. My battery is now at 30%. To me that is rediculous.

I don't understand how some peoples BBs get a full day and more with much more use than I give mine and their battery is only down to 30% or so. Could the issue be with my device? Should I be considering a swapout?

If anyone has some suggestions, I'm all ears.
    06-27-10 08:38 PM

Back on the battery issue, about 2hrs or so ago I was at 70% and I thought things were looking up; however, a little later I was on my back deck gilling some meat and I checked into CB for just a moment (was probably here for 3-4minutes) then I got a phone call from one of my sons and we talked for about 20minutes. My battery is now at 30%. To me that is rediculous.
    Bob, That hardly seems possible!
    Are you starting each day with a full charge?
    Are you in an area where your phone is constantly searching for a signal?
    It doesn't seem right.
    Maybe get a different battery from VZW...
    and give that a week to settle in.
    Mine drops but not like a stone.
    06-27-10 08:43 PM
    Bob, That hardly seems possible!
    Are you starting each day with a full charge?
    Are you in an area where your phone is constantly searching for a signal?
    It doesn't seem right.
    Maybe get a different battery from VZW...
    and give that a week to settle in.
    Mine drops but not like a stone.
    I was thinking that was the solution, new battery from vzw, and I may do that yet; however, the problem seems to be happening with my Tour battery in my bB. I'm going to waite a day or two and see.

I plug the phone in each night and it is on charge for at least 4 hours, usually more. If that is not a full charge, we are all in trouble.

If I can't get this fixed I may need to swap the device, that to do that as this one is very solid other than the battery problem. Who knows what you get on a swap.
    06-27-10 09:14 PM
    Wait...you're using your OLD tour battery in your new Bold???

NO NO NO...
    Use the NEW battery!!!!!
    Let that battery get conditioned!
    Batteries only last one year tops and then they need to be replaced!
    Use the new Bold battery.
    If that one doesn't work right, they owe you a new one. ANd I would say overnight a full charge would be 6-8 hours.

These batteries want to be topped off..at all times
    06-27-10 09:18 PM

I don't understand how some peoples BBs get a full day and more with much more use than I give mine and their battery is only down to 30% or so. Could the issue be with my device? Should I be considering a swapout?

If anyone has some suggestions, I'm all ears.
    When I first got my bold I would notice on occassion that it would be warm to the touch when I picked it up off the counter where it had been sitting idle. My old sprint touch pro had a serious issue in this regard so I was a tad concerned. As time went on it never did it again(got warm)unless I had it under a load. I didn't know what to think, but then remembered I had come to do a reboot for another reason and I'm wondering if that reset something or cleaned it out. I'd give yours more time and def try it without the gps app for long enough to see if it helps(gps off) I know it helped me some. I guess your concerned about being able to locate the phone. I can't relate to that as I've never lost one and always know exactly where it is. But try it to see anyway.
    I've had my 1700 in since this morning and have not enough time to evaluate it, but one interesting thing I noticed is I happened to be on a long call(1hr,45min)and before this the bold always got kind of warm on any call over a few min. This time when I finished it was cool as can be. I hope this is a good sign for the new batt. Tomorrow is the real good test because it's a workday and my usage is the same every workday so I will get a good comparison.

one more personal plus. The 1700 makes my battery door nice and snug(tad sloppy before)
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-27-10 at 10:09 PM.
    06-27-10 10:04 PM
    Wait...you're using your OLD tour battery in your new Bold???

NO NO NO...
    Use the NEW battery!!!!!
    Let that battery get conditioned!
    Batteries only last one year tops and then they need to be replaced!
    Use the new Bold battery.
    If that one doesn't work right, they owe you a new one. ANd I would say overnight a full charge would be 6-8 hours.

These batteries want to be topped off..at all times
    I just swapped the batteries to do a test, will return to the Bold battery probably tonight. I've had the phone for over 2 weeks, the battery performance has gotten worse not better. I will probably get a replacement battery sometime this week when I have a chance to go into town and visit the vzw store that I deal with. Although, I think there may be a new vzw store out near me, for this purpose I may visit them.

When I first got my bold I would notice on occassion that it would be warm to the touch when I picked it up off the counter where it had been sitting idle. My old sprint touch pro had a serious issue in this regard so I was a tad concerned. As time went on it never did it again(got warm)unless I had it under a load. I didn't know what to think, but then remembered I had come to do a reboot for another reason and I'm wondering if that reset something or cleaned it out. I'd give yours more time and def try it without the gps app for long enough to see if it helps(gps off) I know it helped me some. I guess your concerned about being able to locate the phone. I can't relate to that as I've never lost one and always know exactly where it is. But try it to see anyway.
    I've had my 1700 in since this morning and have not enough time to evaluate it, but one interesting thing I noticed is I happened to be on a long call(1hr,45min)and before this the bold always got kind of warm on any call over a few min. This time when I finished it was cool as can be. I hope this is a good sign for the new batt. Tomorrow is the real good test because it's a workday and my usage is the same every workday so I will get a good comparison.

one more personal plus. The 1700 makes my battery door nice and snug(tad sloppy before)
    I'm thinking that the ultimate solution may well be a 1700 battery. Please let me know how much difference you see with your new 1700.
    06-28-10 08:09 AM
    I took my phone of the charger Saturday at 2:30PM used it at work until 03:30 sunday browser sms and calls and then sunday during the day, a few calls emails and sms, its mon at 7:51am and I have emailed and downloaded some ringtones,,,my phone is indicating 50%. I am very happy so far. Now I am not a "heavy user" but I do get many calls and emails.
    06-28-10 09:54 AM
    Hi yall, im back I had been on vacation. Sorry I just left you hanging, I had to do an emergency trip, my cuz just had a baby and needed my help for a while. Next time I go I will be sure to let you know, I got scolded by Jaydee

I had to replace my bold while I was gone I could not get a siginal anywhere and my battery sucked. My new on is all good!

Got my purple case Bob, i'm lovin it.
    06-28-10 01:21 PM
    So here's another chapter in my search for a case for my baby Bold:
    a purple Seidio Innocase Snap

06-28-10 01:26 PM
    And YAY!!!!!

Chitowngirl is BACK!!!! She was a very Baaaaaadddddd girl....leaving without saying good bye. We were so worried!
    New Bold, too!

Now if we could get Bob straightened out with his battery problem.

Wait till Chitowngirl looks up and sees the new purple case I just posted about! Oh is she gonna be jealous!
    06-28-10 01:35 PM
    So here's another chapter in my search for a case for my baby Bold:
    a purple Seidio Innocase Snap
    Looks good, jaydee!
    06-28-10 02:01 PM
    Yep, jaydee, matches your nails. It's kinda funny when I think back to my daughter and her favorite color was/still is, purple. I was going to get a new truck one year and of course she wanted me to get a purple one. LOL!
    Your case reminded me of those long ago days when she was little, thanks.
    06-28-10 02:22 PM
    And YAY!!!!!

Chitowngirl is BACK!!!! She was a very Baaaaaadddddd girl....leaving without saying good bye. We were so worried!
    New Bold, too!

Wait till Chitowngirl looks up and sees the new purple case I just posted about! Oh is she gonna be jealous!
    I saw that case already, didn't like it not much protection for me.....so ur safe this time
    06-28-10 03:12 PM
    And YAY!!!!!

New Bold, too!

As much as I hate the idea, it appears that the best solution may be to replace my bB. I was using the Tour's battery to see if it performed any better than the Bold's battery, my thinking was that if the Tour's battery was better then I simply needed to replace the Bold's battery. That not being the case, I now feel that it would probably be best to replace the device. I don't want to wait too long, I got my baby Bold on 6/12 so I have had it for about 2wks. If I mess around with a new battery I may be our of my 30day period before I get the new battery conditioned enough to tell that I need to replace the device.

What do you guys thinkk? There is a new vzw store out in my area that I could go to for the exchange without having to go into town to my buddy's store. I think that for an exchange it would not matter which store I went to.
    06-28-10 07:02 PM
23,186 ... 246247248249250 ...