Anyone here downloaded Trillian beta yet and tried to use it? I'm really interested but I don't know whether to take the plunge or not.

Looking for opinions...
    found this thread, jaydee

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tri...-215-a-484115/
    06-24-10 12:48 PM
    Looks like it's (Trillian) got some problems still ....
    anyone actually tried it?
    Thanks for the link P.C.
    06-24-10 12:54 PM
    Anybody with quick launch in this thread who wants to learn a little trick with their convenience buttons, just let me or P.C. know and we will tell you what we did with ours!!!

It's pretty neat!
    06-25-10 10:55 AM
    Anybody with quick launch in this thread who wants to learn a little trick with their convenience buttons, just let me or P.C. know and we will tell you what we did with ours!!!

It's pretty neat!
    Pi Guy can help too

I have mine set to QL, AND Stay Lit AND Screen Capture AND Video Camera
    06-25-10 11:04 AM
    I love QL, but I'm being perplexed by something seemingly simple. I press the bb key for 3 second and my running programs pop up. How do I close them from the little pop up screen? Any thing I try just closes the pop up screen. What's a quick close solution?
    06-25-10 11:41 AM
    I love QL, but I'm being perplexed by something seemingly simple. I press the bb key for 3 second and my running programs pop up. How do I close them from the little pop up screen? Any thing I try just closes the pop up screen. What's a quick close solution?
    not sure you can close them from there, it's just an application switcher.
    06-25-10 11:53 AM
    PC is right! Just a switcher there. You can't close from there. Would be neat. I had a Dell Axim that could close from there and a Palm device that could too. Wish bb would allow us that much...
    06-25-10 12:00 PM
    not sure you can close them from there, it's just an application switcher.
    Really? Wow. I googled up some info(2yr old)and bold hadn't been invented yet but I read that you highlite the icon you want to close then press the bb button again to close it. So it's an app switcher and not a task man? Bummer. A task manager would be nice to keep stuffed closed when need be. I realize it's easy enough to do when you exit an app but I like to come back to certain ones then would just prefer to close them all at once.
    Is there any good task man for bb then?
    EDIT: JUst read your post jaydee, wow this seems like a no brainer. As I mentioned was it do-able on older bb's or were those folks full of it?
    06-25-10 12:07 PM
    Really? Wow. I googled up some info(2yr old)and bold hadn't been invented yet but I read that you highlite the icon you want to close then press the bb button again to close it. So it's an app switcher and not a task man? Bummer. A task manager would be nice to keep stuffed closed when need be. I realize it's easy enough to do when you exit an app but I like to come back to certain ones then would just prefer to close them all at once.
    Is there any good task man for bb then?
    EDIT: JUst read your post jaydee, wow this seems like a no brainer. As I mentioned was it do-able on older bb's or were those folks full of it?
    I poked around a bit and found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...closer-234684/

check some of the links! hope that helps
    06-25-10 12:22 PM
    I poked around a bit and found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...closer-234684/

check some of the links! hope that helps
    Thanks, I appreciate your efforts. Your link led to links that led to links and the consensus is "not do-able". I got some good hints and tips tho. I'm glad my bold has such a good supply of program memory.
    06-25-10 12:40 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate your efforts. Your link led to links that led to links and the consensus is "not do-able". I got some good hints and tips tho. I'm glad my bold has such a good supply of program memory.
    I just might make a fully recover from BB Free App Memory OCD thanks to Bold!

Running apps and clearing browser cache are far less important now.

I haven't rebooted since I finished installing my apps 6 days ago, and memory has only dropped .5MB. This thing's a beast!
    06-25-10 12:55 PM
    thanks to Bold!
    Running apps and clearing browser cache are far less important now.
    This thing's a beast!
    +1 , ^ Absolutely!! I think I need to relax . LOL!
    06-25-10 01:07 PM
    OMG! I haven't cleared the browser cache since I bought this phone! LOL
    How could I have forgotten to do that???
    I used to do that three times a day with my curve!
    And run memory cleaner...
    06-25-10 09:29 PM
    I installed Handmark Goal Mobile and that apps has managed to crash my phone a few times already. Finally deleted the program and all is good again.
    06-25-10 10:37 PM
    What's that app about Sims2k?
    Is that for the World Cup?
    Surprised it crashed your phone if they said it was ready for the bold. too bad!!!
    06-26-10 07:30 AM
    Hey guys, have not posted in a day or two. Been very busy, golf, more golf, etc. (still not golf smiles!)

Still loving my baby Bold, but not happy with battery life. Seems that it uses up the battery with limited use before end of day. I'm not on it browsing the web and doing BBM's, etc. A few emails, a few phone calls and maybe a quick trip to the internet or two and that's it. Should last longer than that. The areal question is: Is the problem the battery or is the problem with my bB? I'm going to switch to my old Tour battery and try it for a few days and see if that does any better, if so I'll stop by vzw and exchange my new battery.
    06-26-10 05:07 PM
    Well I too am loving my Bold. It's absolutely stunning. I don't have to worry about choosing between one app or the other to be installed and it's still running amazingly fast. Just received my Otterbox Commuter case today and love it. So sleek and sexy with the bold. I went to verizon and bought the privacy screen protector and I must say that it looks great with the black of the case and the phone plus no one can look over my shoulder and read my e-mails, BBMs, or texts. It's perfect. I would recommend both these products to anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 05:16 PM
    Hey guys, have not posted in a day or two. Been very busy, golf, more golf, etc. (still not golf smiles!)

Still loving my baby Bold, but not happy with battery life. Seems that it uses up the battery with limited use before end of day. I'm not on it browsing the web and doing BBM's, etc. A few emails, a few phone calls and maybe a quick trip to the internet or two and that's it. Should last longer than that. The areal question is: Is the problem the battery or is the problem with my bB? I'm going to switch to my old Tour battery and try it for a few days and see if that does any better, if so I'll stop by vzw and exchange my new battery.
    It took my bold a few days to get settled in ...tinker with a little more Bob and let us know what you find.
    06-26-10 06:30 PM
    Well I too am loving my Bold. It's absolutely stunning. I don't have to worry about choosing between one app or the other to be installed and it's still running amazingly fast. Just received my Otterbox Commuter case today and love it. So sleek and sexy with the bold. I went to verizon and bought the privacy screen protector and I must say that it looks great with the black of the case and the phone plus no one can look over my shoulder and read my e-mails, BBMs, or texts. It's perfect. I would recommend both these products to anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hatlee, I agree with the privacy screen protector. I love the darkened look of the screen and the fact that no one can look over your shoulder and see exactly what you are looking at.

Bob, so sorry the battery is not holding up for you! It took mine about two weeks to settle into a level that I could say..."ah HA! Now I see what I can expect!" Really! It took me that long...like wizard says...give it some time and let us know what happens. Maybe you might be a candidate for an extended battery like the 1700...but Bob have you also tried a few tricks like flipping the sim over and setting your network to home only and 1XEV so it doesn't spend battery life searching for a GSM network all the time? I think that has helped mine!

Know who else might be able to help is P.C. when he gets on here tomorrow he might have some more ideas too. Please keep us posted either way!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-26-10 at 06:38 PM.
    06-26-10 06:33 PM
    Here's a golf smiley.

http://www.messentools.com/images/em...olf-hombre.gif
    06-27-10 12:53 AM
    Bob, what about these guys?

either one look like you???
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-27-10 at 06:40 AM.
    06-27-10 06:37 AM
    hatlee, I agree with the privacy screen protector. I love the darkened look of the screen and the fact that no one can look over your shoulder and see exactly what you are looking at.

Bob, so sorry the battery is not holding up for you! It took mine about two weeks to settle into a level that I could say..."ah HA! Now I see what I can expect!" Really! It took me that long...like wizard says...give it some time and let us know what happens. Maybe you might be a candidate for an extended battery like the 1700...but Bob have you also tried a few tricks like flipping the sim over and setting your network to home only and 1XEV so it doesn't spend battery life searching for a GSM network all the time? I think that has helped mine!

Know who else might be able to help is P.C. when he gets on here tomorrow he might have some more ideas too. Please keep us posted either way!!!
    Been there done that on the battery tricks. I have flipped the SIM card, I'm set to 1XEV. I'm not willing to start turning stuff off, as what's the point in having the capabilities if they are turned off.

I do have an app called SimpleTrax which keeps tract of the location of my bB and I also have BeWeather which I have set to update once an hour.

I do have some issues with signal strength both at home and where I work a couple of days a week. The days I work, the battery goes south rather quickly and I often have the alarm go off at about 4pm, especially if I have used the device a bit. I need to start going outside if I'm sending an email and even talking on the phone as the signal outside is way better than in the office.

I've switched to my old Tour battery, I'll see over the next few days how it performs and use that as a comparison.

JayDee, you may be right and I need to get an extended battery. Time will tell.
    06-27-10 10:15 AM
    Bob, what about these guys?

either one look like you???
    Thanks guys, they are great!!!!!! JayDee, where did you find those two? I would have to say the second one looks more like me as the hair has become somewhat sparse over the years...
    06-27-10 10:21 AM
    Does "simple trax" use gps constantly? Maybe a battery sucker. I leave my gps off and turn on as needed seems to help some. I just installed the 1700mAh in my bold this morning. If I get an extra 2 or 3 hours I'll be pleased. Not looking for a miracle, just a wee bit more time.
    06-27-10 10:27 AM
    Let me throw this out there on battery life: I fully recharged on Friday night and here on Sunday morning I have 80 % left. I have about 9 apps installed and running twitter, Weatherbug and Facebook along with my 3 email accounts.. ???
    I really can't ask for more battery life on a phone then my Bold. It is out performing my old storm x 3.
    06-27-10 10:43 AM
23,186 ... 245246247248249 ...