Happy belated Birthday, pkcable, and welcome back, moonlessnight. Hatlee, I think you'll really enjoy your Bold and your Otterbox Commuter. I really like my set!

And memo to self: Don't ever cross, jaydee. Looks like she can thwack a mean ruler when she has the need!
    I concur. Up early because I finally have a job interview after quitting my job this summer due to me needing to work out for football back up at college.

Got an interview at 1 p.m. today at Best Buy! It's my final one, so I am real excited and needed to get up, get a good breakfast, a hair cut and hopefully my bold comes before then.

Anyone got a hard work day ahead of them or is it the usually getting over the hump?
    06-23-10 07:18 AM
    Happy belated Birthday, pkcable, and welcome back, moonlessnight. Hatlee, I think you'll really enjoy your Bold and your Otterbox Commuter. I really like my set!

And memo to self: Don't ever cross, jaydee. Looks like she can thwack a mean ruler when she has the need!
    Thanks ST.

Maybe you need to join the countless hordes of high school students over the summer who attend summer school for reading comprehension and READ THE BLOODY THREAD TITLE!

Or if summer school is not an option, go visit your local senior center. They can help you with your literacy problem.

Oh and HAVE A NICE DAY
    ROFL, couldn�t have said it better myself.
    06-23-10 07:20 AM
    Ok, I finally got my keycode for the beta bbm but now I'm afraid to install it on my phone. P.C., you've done it before, how exactly do I do this? I'm afraid of losing my contact list. Someone told me the list disappears at first and then you have to go into options to get it back??? Or did I hear that wrong?
    06-23-10 07:34 AM
    Maybe you need to join the countless hordes of high school students over the summer who attend summer school for reading comprehension and READ THE BLOODY THREAD TITLE!

Or if summer school is not an option, go visit your local senior center. They can help you with your literacy problem.

Oh and HAVE A NICE DAY
    If they didn't get that message, they are beyond hope.

And by the way, how dare these people messing with our thread!

You are sooo right. Here in Texas we say "Don't Mess With TEXAS!", in this thead it's "Don't Mess With JAYDEE!"
    06-23-10 07:54 AM
    Jaydee and the others here that helped, I got the Bold and am loving it! By the way..NO rattles, shakes, loose doors, poor/fluctuating signal, weak batterie or any other issues just a great phone. Now the fun part...should I purchase aps on my computer then sync to phone or purchase using phone website? I already did one newspaper ap and it is in my down load folder. I also remembered the CB launcher and that also is in my download folder and this forum is no where to be found.

Thanks again to everyone here who convinced me to purchase this great phone.
    06-23-10 10:25 AM
    SoCal, we are hopeful that our forum will be added to the launcher soon. The developer knows about the situation.
    Try this link for some free apps downloaded right to your phone:
    Free BlackBerry Apps | CrackBerry.com
    06-23-10 10:29 AM
    Thank you. How do I get am app out of downloads and somewhere on the screen?
    06-23-10 10:32 AM
    Thank you. How do I get am app out of downloads and somewhere on the screen?
    Press the BB key which is to the left of the trackpad, select "Move to folder" and press the trackpad. This will give you a list of folders from which to select. Select the folder you want, "Home" if you want it on the main screen and then press trackpad. App will move to your selected location. Once in the folder of your choice, you can run through the steps selecting "Move" which will allow you to move it around in the folder of your choice.

Try these steps if you have any problems, come back and we'll see if we can't confuse you some more.
    06-23-10 10:41 AM
    My outloolk calendar double posted all my birthday reminders? I'm sure I did something wrong not the phone, any quick fixes or do I need to edit each individual one?
    06-23-10 11:21 AM
    Finally got her today around 2:30 p.m. After many hours of anticipation. Mine was NIB and came with all the extra accessories so it looks like I have an extra 2gb mem card, an extra battery, charger, ear-buds, and holster. Pretty cool if you ask me. Reinstalling the OS as we speak.
    06-23-10 01:52 PM
    By the way mine was made in Mexico and does not seem to have any issues (several post's were blaming the Mexicans for poor phones)
    06-23-10 02:15 PM
    The instructions on CB for free ringtones does not seem to work for me. I mentions sending it to my BB email account???
    06-23-10 02:17 PM
    By the way mine was made in Mexico and does not seem to have any issues (several post's were blaming the Mexicans for poor phones)
    My MIM S2 was poorly assembled, Bold seems to be better.
    06-23-10 02:24 PM
    My MIM S2 was poorly assembled, Bold seems to be better.
    Both my Tour and Bold are MIM. No issues with assembly with either one.
    06-23-10 02:41 PM
    Both my Tour and Bold are MIM. No issues with assembly with either one.
    If given a choice, I'd go with a Canadian or Hungarian unit in a heartbeat.
    06-23-10 02:57 PM
    If given a choice, I'd go with a Canadian or Hungarian unit in a heartbeat.
    Unfortunately I was not offered a choice. But I really have no complaints on workmanship, bot of mine have been solid.
    06-23-10 03:31 PM
    I love the 9650. Feels much better in the hand than the Tour even though they have the same dimensions. I am keeping her in my old silicone skin with the protective plastic over the screen until I get my otterbox commuter case later this week.

Downloading some old apps right now! If you guys/gals have any inputs on what to do next, post it up.
    06-23-10 04:13 PM
    The instructions on CB for free ringtones does not seem to work for me. I mentions sending it to my BB email account???
    SoCal,
    If you want to set up a device email account, read this guide here and set one up.
    BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    for instance, my device email is [email protected]

You can get one too. That email is delivered JUST TO MY PHONE and no where else. No way to check it one the web or anywhere else.

When they say send it to your bb email account that is the email account they mean.
    06-23-10 04:26 PM
    Jaydee and the others here that helped, I got the Bold and am loving it! By the way..NO rattles, shakes, loose doors, poor/fluctuating signal, weak batterie or any other issues just a great phone. Now the fun part...should I purchase aps on my computer then sync to phone or purchase using phone website? I already did one newspaper ap and it is in my down load folder. I also remembered the CB launcher and that also is in my download folder and this forum is no where to be found.

Thanks again to everyone here who convinced me to purchase this great phone.
    I am glad your happy with the Bold. It's been a very solid unit and exceeded my expectations !
    06-23-10 04:48 PM
    SoCal,
    If you want to set up a device email account, read this guide here and set one up.
    BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    for instance, my device email is [email protected]

You can get one too. That email is delivered JUST TO MY PHONE and no where else. No way to check it one the web or anywhere else.

When they say send it to your bb email account that is the email account they mean.
    I think you need to setup that type of email address to be able to setup/modify BIS settings for any other email that you may have. I have one setup that I only use for stuff related to my BB (Read baby Bold ) so I don't use it very much since I have a personal email that I also get on my BB associated with my own URL. I also have a work email which I get on my BB as well, we don't have BES setup so I get it BIS.

By the way, you can have up to 10 email addresses on your BB.
    06-23-10 04:53 PM
    I think you need to setup that type of email address to be able to setup/modify BIS settings for any other email that you may have. I have one setup that I only use for stuff related to my BB (Read baby Bold ) so I don't use it very much since I have a personal email that I also get on my BB associated with my own URL. I also have a work email which I get on my BB as well, we don't have BES setup so I get it BIS.

By the way, you can have up to 10 email addresses on your BB.
    Oh, ok Bob, so you're saying he HAS to have that email set up. I thought it was an optional thing. Shows ya how you learn something new everyday...most likely something you once knew but forgot because of age...LMAO!!!

And look at you with the multiple email accounts...gonna catch up to my seven accounts soon, huh? Don't know why I need em all. Actually, I don't. But I got em anyway...LOL Makes me certifiably crazy
    06-23-10 05:02 PM
    I don't understand needing ten. I have two, but only one sees any action. BTW JayDee, since the age thing is a certainy we can only hope for kind and gradual.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-23-10 at 05:32 PM.
    06-23-10 05:30 PM
    Oh, ok Bob, so you're saying he HAS to have that email set up. I thought it was an optional thing. Shows ya how you learn something new everyday...most likely something you once knew but forgot because of age...LMAO!!!

And look at you with the multiple email accounts...gonna catch up to my seven accounts soon, huh? Don't know why I need em all. Actually, I don't. But I got em anyway...LOL Makes me certifiably crazy
    That's my understanding, that it is through that email address that you access the BIS setup and options.

My three emails is quite sufficient, thanky you very much. Have a hard enough time managing these, more would just confuse this old brain. As it is, I have to manage my webmail site pretty closely to preclude all of the spam and junk mail coming down to my phone. I usually get about 50 to 60 emails that don't come down to my phone or Outlook on my Laptop that I have to peruse daily in case someone that I have not allowed sends me an email that I in fact want. Add 4 more to do this for, not happening!
    06-23-10 11:19 PM
    Thanks everyone but I just sent ringtones to my regular email that is a Gmail and MSN account, everything works great.
    06-24-10 09:19 AM
    Anyone here downloaded Trillian beta yet and tried to use it? I'm really interested but I don't know whether to take the plunge or not.

Looking for opinions...
    06-24-10 12:45 PM
23,186 ... 244245246247248 ...