Bob,
    I did not mean any disrespect! You know that!
    In fact, I think of you like this:

that's why YOU are the official greeter!!!

PS Thanks to Wizard for the groovy smilies...oh you guys are gonna be sorrrrrrrrryyyy now!!!! hahahahahahaha
    Love it.

OK Wizard, you gonna share?
    06-20-10 02:09 PM
    No such thing as a stupid question ..ask away.
    Agreed, the really stupid question is the one you don't ask. We are all learning in here and lots of times when someone asks a question several of us learn from the answer.

Thus, to everyone; Be asking them questions...
    06-20-10 02:12 PM
    Hey all!! Haven't checked these forums in a while - I've been playing with my Bold too much! looks like I've been missing out on all the fun! how did you get these awesome smileys!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Welcome back, we've been missing you. You haven't tripped over Tourboy while you were away have you?

WE are all enjoying our new baby Bolds also. They rock as does this thread and our cozy little group. (Note, just a simple non-fancy non-dancing little smile. )
    06-20-10 02:20 PM
    OMG Wizard, look what you started!
    OK one post with no similes, I promise.

Where's Tourboy? He'd be digging these! For sure!

K-Roc, what's up with CaptureIt?
    Reinstall and post again.
    I will install it and try too to see if my directions are correct.

HEY!!!!!!! HEY!!!!!!!!
    K-ROC I get a white screen TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    What gives????????????
    It's not you buddy!!!! Hold the presses!!!! Let me look into this!
    Seems to me that the first couple of captures I did were white screens also, it's been working OK since then.

Just to be sure, I tested it and CaptureIt is working like a champ.
    06-20-10 02:24 PM
    Seems to me that the first couple of captures I did were white screens also, it's been working OK since then.

Just to be sure, I tested it and CaptureIt is working like a champ.
    Well my gosh Bob STOP THE PRESSES!
    You're a life saver!
    K-Roc!
    That's the answer! It worked for me too! Yake three or four screen shots and after the fourth one...it works!!! I kid you not!!! Bob is right. It works flawlessly after picture attempt number 4.
    Go figure.

Bob...this one's for you

PS check your PM Bob.
    06-20-10 02:40 PM
    Hey there!

I seen y'all talking about cases and remember a thread in the Tour forum about a soft gel case that wasn't sticky from Ebay called Epik. It seemed that everybody was getting one. Since it shouldn't be too hard to take off for the dock, I think I'll order one too.
    Epik Case Resin Series Skin Blackberry Curve 9630 - eBay (item 250649251070 end time Jul-11-10 03:31:02 PDT)
    06-20-10 03:00 PM
    Skyboxer,
    Thanks for the info on the Epik resin cases!
    I do remember a discussion about those. They were hot hot hot at one point!
    I may snap up one in purple if Chitowngirl hasn't bought em all up yet!
    Thanks for the info!
    I'ma gonna have one case in purple in every brand there is....
    06-20-10 05:25 PM
    I've got an icon appearing in the top center notification area of my home screen. I have no idea what it it, it has a '1' by it. I'm attaching a screenshot and would apprecaite any help I can get.
    06-20-10 06:49 PM
    I've got an icon appearing in the top center notification area of my home screen. I have no idea what it it, it has a '1' by it. I'm attaching a screenshot and would apprecaite any help I can get.
    Bob, this isn't an App world update for something you downloaded or purchased on App World, is it?

I have no idea.

We need some help here...
    06-20-10 07:10 PM
    Bob...hit your menu key twice and click show all. Do you see another icon with the * on it? If so it maybe a message from that icon/app ?
    06-20-10 07:21 PM
    Here's the scoop:

The globe icon tells you a webpage you requested in the browser is now available. You probably tried to surf to a page when you didn't have data service (roaming, config, BIS, etc). If you do this it brings up a menu telling you "you don't have data service" and then provides two options "ok" and "save request". If you save request, your BB will try to locate the page as soon as you have data service again, as soon as it gets the page, it'll send you a notifier, the globe.

So to clear the globe you need to find the page request in the messages program (it'll have the same little globe next to it). Once you find it, select it or delete it and the globe will go away (hopefully). Good Luck.
    Found it here guys :http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/hom...icators-22627/
    06-20-10 07:27 PM
    That is the correct answer, somehow I had turned off both my radio and Wi-Fi then went to the internet and when I entered the URL I got the message and chose to save the URL until I turned on the radio and Wi-Fi. Found it in the message folder that has msgs from all sources. I deleted the msgs and the icon went away. Thanks for the help.

06-20-10 07:37 PM

It looks like a browser message. Try going into your message folder and check the browser message file.

06-20-10 07:45 PM
    Skyboxer,
    Thanks for the info on the Epik resin cases!
    I do remember a discussion about those. They were hot hot hot at one point!
    I may snap up one in purple if Chitowngirl hasn't bought em all up yet!
    Thanks for the info!
    I'ma gonna have one case in purple in every brand there is....

Naw.... I did leave just 1 for ya . I have a friend that LOVES purple she has everything purple..walls, furniture, pictures clothes.......she really goes over board with it sometimes. Everytime I see her guess whats she's wearing.... purple. So with all that said I think you'r ok you'll find one, I hope casue I have search and did not have much luck. Let me know what cha find
    06-20-10 07:49 PM
    Take your bb and use the browser. Go to crackberry.com on your berry. once there, at the top hit Downloads. At the extreme left is CB Launcher. Click on it. Here's the tricky part. Click on the FREE button. It will take you to the page that says DOWNLOAD. Which you will click on. and Voila the CB button will appear on your home screen after that.
    JayDee,

Thanks for the info on the CB button link. Got it on my phone now and it is the best shortcut to Crackberry
    06-20-10 10:39 PM
    Well my gosh Bob STOP THE PRESSES!
    You're a life saver!
    K-Roc!
    That's the answer! It worked for me too! Yake three or four screen shots and after the fourth one...it works!!! I kid you not!!! Bob is right. It works flawlessly after picture attempt number 4.
    Go figure.

Bob...this one's for you

PS check your PM Bob.
    Thanks guys and "O Great One Jay". I reinstalled and working like a champ. I love this site! Many thanks!

Will post a couple of themes lata.
    06-21-10 12:14 AM
    All right!!!!

K-Roc got the CaptureIt working thanks to Bob's troubleshooting!

Sims2k and Brooke got the CB Launcher set up.

Chitowngirl got her similes thanks to Wizard and so did Bob...although he's still looking for golfing similes. If anybody can help him out, give Bob a PM.

cbreze figured out what that crazy icon was that Bob had hanging out on his screen.

I ordered a few cases. I forget how many. We all know what color they are tho. LOL

We picked up a few new friends too over the weekend!

Wow!!!! We had a GREAT weekend for a newly named thread!
    Let's keep it going guys!!!!
    Thanks to everyone helping me with my case dilemma...

PS Where is the incomparable Mr Weller?
    He is as scarce as Tourboy these days!!!!
    Paging Mr Weller......
    06-21-10 06:08 AM
    Any friend of JayDee's is a freind of this group. Welcome P.C.! You'll find us to be a bunch of rambling wrecks who love their baby Bolds and all of their friends in this thread. Welcome!
    Thanks!! The friendliness of this board is a refreshing change from some of the others I've been on.

And hopefully this week, my good friend lovinmycrackberry, will get her FRU Bold and make the move to this forum!
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-21-10 at 09:56 AM.
    06-21-10 07:25 AM
    Yay I my Bold is turned on..Now if I can only get a crash coarse
    06-21-10 08:25 AM
    Hey guys,
    I'm back! Had a busy weekend with Father's Day and all...ended up flipping pancakes for a benefit breakfast after church, visiting wife's grandparents for a bit and then grabbed some cold beer and took the father in law golfing. Let's not talk about the actual golfing...but the beer was cold and tasted great! After that we went back to the farm and grilled some chicken and bratwursts for supper. I did check in and read a few messages along the way but was too busy to spend as much time as I had wanted to on here. Happy Belated Father's Day to all the other dads out there!

I received an awesome email from the folks at Tether today. They are slashing the price of Tether in half for a few days! Instead of $49.95 it is $24.95 until June 26th. I am definitely buying it today!
    06-21-10 09:41 AM
    Aiiiiiiiii!!!!! DANG!! Got tether the other day as my trial had run out. 50 clams. Bad timing! Oh well, Enjoy that smokin' discount everybody.
    06-21-10 10:28 AM
    Aiiiiiiiii!!!!! DANG!! Got tether the other day as my trial had run out. 50 clams. Bad timing! Oh well, Enjoy that smokin' discount everybody.
    I was tempted to do the same thing when my trial ran out. Figured if I did buy it right away I would have been in the same situation as you. Shelling out the $50 and then have it go on sale shortly after I bought it. I did stumble upon a discount thread for orders from mobihand.com that JayDee pointed me too...that would have saved you 20% or $10... I even held out after that...I'm glad I did. I'll be buying it when I get a chance to this afternoon!
    06-21-10 11:21 AM
    If you just purchased it give them a call, they may refund half the cost to you since. Contact them and ask, it won't cost you anything and can't hurt...
    06-21-10 12:37 PM
    If you just purchased it give them a call, they may refund half the cost to you since. Contact them and ask, it won't cost you anything and can't hurt...
    And if they don't, we'll open a can of Whoop-Bob on 'em!
    06-21-10 12:48 PM
    If I were to activate my old Tour for my wife to use, would the cost be $30 for each of us on our Family Plan or is there a discount for multiple phones with Data Plans on a Family Plan? Anyone have any knowledge about this?

If we activate the Tour, I'll immediately call VZW and get them to replace it with a Bold. The trackball was a bit flakey but I held out for the Bold which I ended up having to purchase on an early upgrade at the store. I asked about BOGO but was told that there was not one or at least not that I could get since I was getting the early upgrade. I'm trying to find out how much the data plan will cost so that I can convince my wife to do this and get her a Bold while they are still sending them out to replace the Tour.
    06-21-10 12:55 PM
23,186 ... 242243244245246 ...