And some fool(s) wanted to close this thread... How dare them! Sure was nice of Yester to come to our resque.

Brooke, there are programs for crack abusers like us, you'll find them by pressing the "CBLauncher" icon!
    06-19-10 12:49 PM
    Got my Bold yesterday via the Tour swap out and had to give a big thanks to jaydee for all her help via BBM.

She truly is The Queen!!!!
    Don't know what we would do without our fearless leader!
    06-19-10 12:51 PM
    Essex Post-Release Ramblings

Wizard where did you get those from? I love'em
    06-19-10 12:59 PM
    @ BoDeb

I checked out CB Launcher and all I can say is WOW!
    I might add, you are an enabler! This kind of information just feeds the addiction!

This thread is so informative. Thanks!
    06-19-10 01:29 PM
    @ BoDeb

I checked out CB Launcher and all I can say is WOW!
    I might add, you are an enabler! This kind of information just feeds the addiction!

This thread is so informative. Thanks!
    You sound like a friend of Bill W.

Gotta feed the addiction!
    06-19-10 02:17 PM
    Got my Bold yesterday via the Tour swap out and had to give a big thanks to jaydee for all her help via BBM.

She truly is The Queen!!!!
    Gosh! You make me blush p.c.
    Thanks!

And you, too Bob!
    You ole softee, you!!!!
    Flattery will get you everywhere!
    06-19-10 04:17 PM
    Wizard where did you get those from? I love'em
    I have two forums that I run so I have about 200-300 of these..I also make a few here and there...great stress reliever.
    06-19-10 04:36 PM
    I'm getting sick and tiered of all the ID10Ts grousing about the problems they are having with their phones. They have some minor glitches and get on the forum, start a new thread and unload.

Who ever said that one of these devices was supposed to be perfect and never have a problem. Shish!

They just need to take the phone back and swap it for something else like a droid or Iphone and go b**** in some other forum because whatever they get will ahve some minor problems or glitches and they'll grouse about that.

Now I need an attitude adjustment!
    06-19-10 05:42 PM
    Bob, Thank goodness you have a sane place to come to post where you are among friends. These people who expect these phones to be perfect are being a little unreasonable, I agree. I have posted in many forums, too.

I still haven't conquered my case caper, so I am still on the hunt.

Also, everyone please welcome p.c. or plkcable as he posts here...he is a friend of mine and a long time Tour user and poster in the Tour and Storm forums who will be checking in with us here since he has recently acquired a Bold. Welcome p.c.!!!!
    06-19-10 08:57 PM
    Bob, Glad I am not the only one pulling out my hair !

jaydee, Always room for more friends in the Bold family !
    06-19-10 09:04 PM
    Bob, Thank goodness you have a sane place to come to post where you are among friends. These people who expect these phones to be perfect are being a little unreasonable, I agree. I have posted in many forums, too.

I still haven't conquered my case caper, so I am still on the hunt.

Also, everyone please welcome p.c. or plkcable as he posts here...he is a friend of mine and a long time Tour user and poster in the Tour and Storm forums who will be checking in with us here since he has recently acquired a Bold. Welcome p.c.!!!!
    Exactly why I didn't want the mods to delete our thread. We have a bunch of level headed folks here that have recongnized a good device in the Bold and who don't have unreasonable expectations of the device. My device froze up on me this morning when I was trying to get my bluetooth to connect and I had to pop the battery out and re-boot, OK stuff occurs. I would like my battery to last longer, OK I can get a longer lasting battery. Point is that there are those that with those two things would be off the their carrier crying for a replacement. If the device continues to freeze up then I'll go visit the vzw store otherwise I'll live with it and I'll get an extended battery and life is good.

I know nothing about cases, I'm waiting for you and a few others to select their cases and report back. Then I'll decide if I want to get one on not.

Any friend of JayDee's is a freind of this group. Welcome P.C.! You'll find us to be a bunch of rambling wrecks who love their baby Bolds and all of their friends in this thread. Welcome!
    06-19-10 10:35 PM
    Jay Dee o Master of Crackberry! I have concern. I'm new here first BB and all, but I downloaded "CaptureIt" and for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me. Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments from anyone would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

BTW I"m also glad they didn't take away our hard work!
    06-19-10 11:06 PM
    Well, today, after dealing with my trackball problem on for weeks I took the opportunity to upgrade to the Bold. I'll be posting here, might as well.

You guys enjoying the Bold? And I see you are searching for cases, but have you guys tried the Otterbox commuter before on any other devices? Would you recommend it?
    06-19-10 11:45 PM
    I for one opted for the Bodyglove. I love the tough exterior. Luckily for me, I haven't dropped it yet (knock on wood lol).
    06-19-10 11:56 PM
    Jay Dee o Master of Crackberry! I have concern. I'm new here first BB and all, but I downloaded "CaptureIt" and for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me. Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments from anyone would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

BTW I"m also glad they didn't take away our hard work!
    K-Roc,
    Wonder wassup with CaputureIt? You installed it properly? You see it as an icon on your homescreen? Ok that icon does nothing. It's not supposed to do anything. Maybe that's the problem.

CaptureIt integrates itself into your bb menu button so when you press the menu button, CaptureIt should be at the top.

Try it K-Roc and report back to us here, ok? I think it does it that way so you can be on any screen in your berry and SNAP a pic of it and CaptureIt jumps outta the way.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-20-10 at 06:45 AM.
    06-20-10 06:10 AM
    Even though I'm new here myself, I join in the chorus of welcome to P.C., k-roc and hatley to this thread. Queen Jaydee, chitowngirl, BoDeb and the Wizard all rock!

I am finding new things to love every day with my Bold. The build quality is impressive. You can't go wrong with the otterbox commuter.

I do have one issue that I hope that you guys can help me to resolve. After checking out CB Launcher on line, I attempted to dl it to my Bold. Although it appears in my options list and I see it when I click applications, the application will not launch. There is no CB icon on my home screen either.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help! TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 06:53 AM
    Even though I'm new here myself, I join in the chorus of welcome to P.C., k-roc and hatley to this thread. Queen Jaydee, chitowngirl, BoDeb and the Wizard all rock!

I am finding new things to love every day with my Bold. The build quality is impressive. You can't go wrong with the otterbox commuter.

I do have one issue that I hope that you guys can help me to resolve. After checking out CB Launcher on line, I attempted to dl it to my Bold. Although it appears in my options list and I see it when I click applications, the application will not launch. There is no CB icon on my home screen either.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help! TIA
    Brooke,
    You aren't doing anything wrong!
    Nonsense!
    Here's what you do. Take your bb and use the browser. Go to crackberry.com on your berry. once there, at the top hit Downloads. At the extreme left is CB Launcher. Click on it. Here's the tricky part. Click on the FREE button. It will take you to the page that says DOWNLOAD. Which you will click on. and Voila the CB button will appear on your home screen after that.

Try it and report back please!!!!
    06-20-10 07:09 AM
    Well, today, after dealing with my trackball problem on for weeks I took the opportunity to upgrade to the Bold. I'll be posting here, might as well.

You guys enjoying the Bold? And I see you are searching for cases, but have you guys tried the Otterbox commuter before on any other devices? Would you recommend it?
    hatlee, welcome aboard our train bound for 7k...
    Bob keeps us on track for that!

I have GOT to find a decent case, boys and girlz and I gotta do it soon. I'll be working this summer in a different building from my own carpeted one. This school is all tiled and concrete. More halls and stairwells than you could imagine and to find my way I'm gonna need GPS and some serious breadcrumbs!

One drop on THAT floor and my baby Bold is a gonner. I looked at the Body Glove cases after K-Roc mentioned them, they have a belt clip too.

But gosh darn it...I wanna be stylin!!!!!!
    Wah wah wah!!!! I want COLORS COLORS COLORS not just black.

Anybody try a Seidio case? They have colors? I may buy one of those just for the color. Am I being stupid?

NO, don't answer that!
    06-20-10 07:37 AM
    gotta love the change of thread topic!..lol
    06-20-10 07:50 AM
    CB Launcher... When bringing up the list of forums, I am not seeing this forum (Bold 9650) listed. Under Blackberry Device Help and Discussion Forum, it lists Storm 2, Storm, Bold 9700, TOur 9630 and so on, but I am not seeing the Bold 9650. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks to all!
    06-20-10 07:58 AM
    CB Launcher... When bringing up the list of forums, I am not seeing this forum (Bold 9650) listed. Under Blackberry Device Help and Discussion Forum, it lists Storm 2, Storm, Bold 9700, TOur 9630 and so on, but I am not seeing the Bold 9650. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks to all!
    No ew, you are exactly correct! The new CB Launcher still does not reflect our new Bold 9650. But Yester who moderates this forum assures me that he has sent this info to the developer and the developer is aware of this and is going to hopefully change this in the near future!

After all, I wouldn't care if NO OTHER forum showed up except ours, right???

Shout out to mystic...LOL buddy! Where ya been?
    06-20-10 08:09 AM
    Since I am a newbie and my Bold gets here tomorrow, I have a question...I can access you all from the Bold itself? Or do I access the the forum through the browser just as I am now on my laptop? And jaydee5799 I like your posts.
    06-20-10 09:43 AM
    Since I am a newbie and my Bold gets here tomorrow, I have a question...I can access you all from the Bold itself? Or do I access the the forum through the browser just as I am now on my laptop? And jaydee5799 I like your posts.
    SoCal,
    Welcome aboard!
    Glad you like our little thread here. Bob's the official WalMart greeter. He'll be here shortly I would assume unless his family has whisked him away somewhere for Father's Day...Which reminds me...

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY to all the DADS out there!!!

Me? You'll find I shoot from the hip. Sometimes it gets me in trouble. Lol, then I duck and cover. Lmao.

Anyway, to find us on your berry...
    After you get your Bold, you need to do exactly what I told Brooke to do.
    Use the browser.

Go to crackberry.com on your bb browser.

when you get to that page on your phone, you will see (across the top) choices and one of them is DOWNLOADS. click on it.

Then one of the choices is CB Launcher. Click on that.

WHen the page changes you will see a little BLUE box that says FREE. Click on the FREE box.

It will take you to a page that allows you to download the launcher.

When you are done, there will be a CB launcher (shortcut) in your downloads folder on your Bold.

You can then move it to your home screen.

Now whenever you click the launcher, you will be brought to the forums and you can browse this thread.

Come back to this post when you get your phone and try it, ok?
    And if you have trouble, post back and someone will be right with you. We monitor this thread pretty closely. Someone is usually here to help out.

Get ready to have lots of fun with us!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-20-10 at 10:27 AM.
    06-20-10 09:56 AM
    I was able to sleep in for fathers day followed by a big family Breakfast.
    Now time to say
    to my Bold family !
    06-20-10 10:17 AM
    I am already hooked and havent even got the phone yet. I had a tour for a while but never came here...big mistake. My biggest problem so far is I don't know all the lingo other than LOL...just learned that one from my nephew. I guess I'm going to need a dictionary.
    06-20-10 10:18 AM
23,186 ... 240241242243244 ...