We certainly HOPE you DO get yourself a Bold, Bob!!! You gotta get yourself one cause there are so many great apps you can get to go with it!!!! We can all help you get used to it and we can all give you tips!!!

You've got a veritable human library right here at your keyboard just waiting to help you, should you need it!!!!
    Thanks, coming from a Tour I don't expect there to be much defference other than the trackpad and of course more memory. After bricking my Tour earlier in the week and re-loading it I have learned a lot about these devices. I got a copy of BBSAK, but it doesn't work very well; its v1.7, maybe I need an earlier version or something. The 3rd party backup using DM and device switch is a pain so I'm still on the lookout for a good 3rd party backup solution.

One question, though, is the click problem still there in the browser? That has been driving me to distraction of late.
    06-10-10 03:30 PM
    Bob, haven't had any click problem with the browser at all. Hope that it is solved for you!

Also, does anyone know how to delete the extra language cod in docs to go?
    While backing up in BBSAK, I see that Docs to Go has cods in French, Spanish and a few other langs. that I don't need. How do I delete those? I forget how to do that...

Happy Friday everybody!
    06-11-10 06:46 AM
    Bob, haven't had any click problem with the browser at all. Hope that it is solved for you!

Also, does anyone know how to delete the extra language cod in docs to go?
    While backing up in BBSAK, I see that Docs to Go has cods in French, Spanish and a few other langs. that I don't need. How do I delete those? I forget how to do that...

Happy Friday everybody!
    Where is everyone at?????? I guess all playing with the BOLD
    06-11-10 08:29 AM
    It wouldn't let me post last night..Yay world cup and I notice in other threads, that the trackpad is a bit skewed, mine is the same or maybe its made that way oh well Cest la vie
    06-11-10 02:43 PM
    Where is everyone at?????? I guess all playing with the BOLD
    Not yet...

Less than 24 hours til I can visit with my VZW store manager buddy and see what he can do to get me a BOLD.

I am still soo jealous of you guys that already have your baby BOLDS!
    06-11-10 06:57 PM
    Not yet...

Less than 24 hours til I can visit with my VZW store manager buddy and see what he can do to get me a BOLD.

I am still soo jealous of you guys that already have your baby BOLDS!
    Bob, do we need our own countdown again for YOU?
    Gosh, we sure hope you get one soon! Amazing what this gadget can do. At first it seemed like such a different device; something I'd never get used to. Then all of a sudden; it's mine . I can use it, I can enjoy it, I can work it. It will take time but you will LOVE it!!!!

Get one NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    06-11-10 07:22 PM
    Bob, do we need our own countdown again for YOU?
    Gosh, we sure hope you get one soon! Amazing what this gadget can do. At first it seemed like such a different device; something I'd never get used to. Then all of a sudden; it's mine . I can use it, I can enjoy it, I can work it. It will take time but you will LOVE it!!!!

Get one NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks JayDee, I am in a church related meeting until about 4 PM in town after which I will be headed to the vzw store to see what I can accomplish. I know I will love this device, the Tour is actually a great device which unfortunately has a few problems that can drive you nuts such as the trackball and click issues.

I'll let y'all know what happens.
    06-12-10 07:12 AM
    So what has everyone done to their Bold since it arrived?
    Got their files on?
    Added a new theme? or several?
    Added new apps?
    PURCHASED a new app?
    I wiped my calendar and started over!
    Re-organized my storage card
    I added a file manager for my storage card
    New case?
    Bought a car charger but won't work with my Tour case...
    Gotta re-think that...
    Backed up my 3rd party apps using BBSAK for safekeeping.

What else have you all done?

Not you Bob!
    06-12-10 04:59 PM
    Got their files on?
    Added new apps?
    PURCHASED a new app?
    New case?
    Gotta re-think that...

Not you Bob!
    Added a new theme I love !Big Time w/Weather - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Grabbed a couple paid apps and have this phone cooking ..other then some email issues this morning after the software upgrade the 9650 has been rock solid !
    06-12-10 05:04 PM
    By the way where is Tourboy ? Have not seen him at all ?
    06-12-10 05:05 PM
    By the way where is Tourboy ? Have not seen him at all ?
    Wizard, going to give that theme a try. Also like the Blackberry Pro V5 themes by Nateme in the CB forums. Come in a zillion colors but the icons are smaller and the themes generally busier so you gotta like a lot going on. But I like to change themes every so often anyway.

Tourboy has dropped off the face of the earth? I wish he'd stop by just to say hello and tell us he got a Bold and is liking it. Wouldn't it be something if he DIDN'T have one? Impossible, I know! But geez, I miss him! Hide nor hair, you know what I mean?
    06-12-10 05:30 PM
    Got their files on?
    Added new apps?
    PURCHASED a new app?
    New case?
    Gotta re-think that...

Not you Bob!
    I got it! I got a new baby BOLD. Picked it up at the vzw store about an hour ago. Currently trying to get it setup like I want it, don't have too much time right now but will get it done later tonight and tomorrow. Unfortunately it ended up costing me a bit more than I had hoped but the important thing is that I got it!

Back to downloading and setting up....
    06-12-10 05:42 PM
    Wizard, going to give that theme a try. Also like the Blackberry Pro V5 themes by Nateme in the CB forums. Come in a zillion colors but the icons are smaller and the themes generally busier so you gotta like a lot going on. But I like to change themes every so often anyway.

Tourboy has dropped off the face of the earth? I wish he'd stop by just to say hello and tell us he got a Bold and is liking it. Wouldn't it be something if he DIDN'T have one? Impossible, I know! But geez, I miss him! Hide nor hair, you know what I mean?
    One reason I love that theme is the clock is larger so I can see it in a quick glance(old eyes I guess).
    Not sure where he wondered off too maybe he decided to give the Droid a try...he's missing out on a great phone in the Bold.
    06-12-10 05:46 PM
    I got it! I got a new baby BOLD. Picked it up at the vzw store about an hour ago. Currently trying to get it setup like I want it, don't have too much time right now but will get it done later tonight and tomorrow. Unfortunately it ended up costing me a bit more than I had hoped but the important thing is that I got it!

Back to downloading and setting up....
    Your going to love it !
    06-12-10 05:48 PM
    Your going to love it !
    I already do!
    06-12-10 06:19 PM
    Yay!!!!!!! Bob
    We want a full report very soon and we also want to hear from some of our other friends who are absent recently!
    Where is everyone lately?
    C'mon people! Check in and sound off! What are you doing with your Bolds?
    06-12-10 07:12 PM
    LOL! It IS like a ghost town around here! LOL!
    06-12-10 08:02 PM
    Yay!!!!!!! Bob
    We want a full report very soon and we also want to hear from some of our other friends who are absent recently!
    Where is everyone lately?
    C'mon people! Check in and sound off! What are you doing with your Bolds?
    Not everythimg tranbfered so i'm trying to redownload/setup all my stuff. i'll update more tomorrow.
    06-12-10 11:12 PM
    Anybody else REALLLY REALLLLLLLY like the free CB2 Theme? Just put it on today and I am inLOVE with it... so beautiful hah. One question though... I also made a folder called "Utilities" and put a bunch of random apps and everything in it that i felt necessary.. Well when changing around with themes ALL of my icons got messed up.. made me spend another like 30 minutes organizing them and kinda disappointing leaving me afraid to change my theme ever again.. This ever happen to anyone else/know how to fix this from happening? Thanks fellow BB users [:
    PS. My first blackberry phone ever and am in love with it! Pandora radio.. email.. just everything about this phone i love it [:
    06-13-10 05:57 PM
    Anybody else REALLLY REALLLLLLLY like the free CB2 Theme? Just put it on today and I am inLOVE with it... so beautiful hah. One question though... I also made a folder called "Utilities" and put a bunch of random apps and everything in it that i felt necessary.. Well when changing around with themes ALL of my icons got messed up.. made me spend another like 30 minutes organizing them and kinda disappointing leaving me afraid to change my theme ever again.. This ever happen to anyone else/know how to fix this from happening? Thanks fellow BB users [:
    PS. My first blackberry phone ever and am in love with it! Pandora radio.. email.. just everything about this phone i love it [:
    Oh Flip, Flip, you silly guy...you ARE a guy, yes? If not I apologize!
    This is the BIG problem with themes!!! Whenever you try out a new one, you must, alas, start over and set up those crap, utility (I name my folder the same thing btw)junk, extra stuff folders all over again and move everything around EACH TIME YOU CHANGE A THEME.

However, here is the good news, once you do it, your phone remembers it. So if you do it for a theme called CB2, and you change to another one, and then you change back to CB2, your phone will go back to the same settings you had for CB2. So set it up once and leave it on your phone and then you can experiment with a few different ones and go back and forth without having to reconfigure EACH and every time. Make sense?

OK and where did you find this free theme huh? Spit it out Flip!
    06-13-10 06:04 PM

OK and where did you find this free theme huh? Spit it out Flip!
    (i take it you are just playing with me but if not) Just went to the crackberry app store and chose free themes.. its CB Holiday 2.. EVERYONE that has ever complained about it was because of it running slow or laggy because of so much memory it used up or w.e because they have a curve.. but since we have so much memory on the 9650 TRY IT OUT! The icons look so cute and its just such an awesome theme just flows so nicely.. and I am a guy btw haha and thank you SO much for telling me that if i switch themes then switch back to a theme, the icons go back, that helps a lot [:
    06-13-10 06:21 PM
    (i take it you are just playing with me but if not) Just went to the crackberry app store and chose free themes.. its CB Holiday 2.. EVERYONE that has ever complained about it was because of it running slow or laggy because of so much memory it used up or w.e because they have a curve.. but since we have so much memory on the 9650 TRY IT OUT! The icons look so cute and its just such an awesome theme just flows so nicely.. and I am a guy btw haha and thank you SO much for telling me that if i switch themes then switch back to a theme, the icons go back, that helps a lot [:
    I WAS NOT playing with ya...I forgot all about that theme...THANKS for reminding me! FREE is good!!! So I downloaded it and hey! Who cares? I got memory to spare! HAHAHAHAHA

I am keeping quite a few themes on my berry installed so I can switch back and forth at will. I set them up whenever I have about 10 minutes to create those crap folders to throw all the icons in and arrange everything around.

Have fun!!!!
    06-13-10 06:38 PM
    I'm loving this phone. I've got it just about the way I want it now, I'll leave it like it is for a while now and see what changes I think I want to make. I have a theme by Al3azim called "Change", I really like it, has hidden today which I really like. I wish the today could be turned on and off with a hot key rather than having to highlight the date on the screen. If anyone knows one that does that I would like to know about it. It also had a hidden icon bar (Transition) which I also like. I'm using the same wallpaper as my avatar.

I've downloaded a few apps, beweather in particular which I really like, a few free ones, I'm not spending much on apps after having to pay soo much for the phone (I'll get over the sticker shock in a few days).

I find that when I'm on the main screen and want to go to the home screen, I think that is the right terminology for the screen with all the icons on it, there is a delay of a couple of seconds before the screen change occurs. The same seems to happen from the home screen to the main screen.

I've got my Wi-Fi setup for here at the house, its not as fast as I had expected it to be but not all that bad. No click issue on the web and yes, my trackpad slopes up right to left. (Strange that one)

I'm very pleased with the phone and imagine that I will DL more apps as time moves on and I think of things that I "Can't live without".

I have a program called "SimpleTrax", it is GPS based and allows one to look on the cloud and see where the phone is located. I had put it on my Tour but it seemed to be using up the battery at breakneck speed. I took it off of the Tour but have put it on the Bold but have not as yet activated it. I want to see how the battery life is for a few days of "normal" use, whatever that is, and then I'll activate it and see what it does to my battery life. The author of the app claims that it doesn't drain the battery but I think I'll beg to differ with him if it eats up my battery when I activate it.
    06-13-10 06:47 PM
    Just finished installing the CrackBerry App Store client for the Blackberry and all I can say is...it is great. Btw...I downloaded the free CB 2 theme and couldn't be happier. Thanks guys.
    06-13-10 09:54 PM
    I WAS NOT playing with ya...I forgot all about that theme...THANKS for reminding me! FREE is good!!! So I downloaded it and hey! Who cares? I got memory to spare! HAHAHAHAHA
    Hey.. I was messing around with a few backgrounds to make the CB 2 theme that can be downloaded here: CB2 - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store complete because the orange background is a bit much and i found out for those of you "car" people.. that it looks GREAT with a car.. Like it was meant for a picture of a car as the wallpaper.. here check it out.

I think it looks pretty good because of the little speedometer looking symbols for the battery and everything.. and if you guys want the background image i used then here

And this one is a nice picture too [:

Hope I helped someone out
    PS. If you couldn't tell, I loveeeeee Subaru Imprezas [; im curious how many of you blackberry users have an impreza too?
    06-13-10 11:42 PM
23,186 ... 235236237238239 ...