omg... i have been out of the loop and decided to visit this thread today. i have been anticipating to get this phone since my eligibility for upgrade months ago. since i am only days away from it being released in stores... i will wait the 1.5 day until thursday.

can any of you tell me how you are faring w/the tighter keyboard? i'll be switching from 8330. i upgraded to the 8530 and returned it b/c of the keys and lack of camera flash.
    06-08-10 04:15 PM
    Hey Moonlessnight, did Chitowngirl ever get her Bold 9650? She had such a rough go with VZW and the FedEX people. I don't remember who she was gonna kill first but boy! she was mad!!!!

Who else are we waiting on?

Bob? You got yours yet?

Lusabeth? Is the switch happening today? You had the manage connection problems right? 4 techs and no one could fix it?

Who else do we know about whos got troubles still?

Hey girl, just got back in town today. My daughter called me yesterday to say it had arrived, YES, so I thought. When I opened it up I noticed that the outside corner was not flush with the rest of the phone DARN not again, just my luck. Called today they are re shopping another, should have it tomorrow (fingers crossed).

I did write a letter to the corporate office about the customer service I received, can you believe got a call today. Lets just say IMMA HAPPY CAMPER NOW!!! I said result was what I was gonna get, N result was what i got . Tomorrow I will be in action Will let you know when I get it
    06-08-10 04:39 PM
    Chitowngirl - did you use info I passed along or talk to someone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 04:52 PM
    omg... i have been out of the loop and decided to visit this thread today. i have been anticipating to get this phone since my eligibility for upgrade months ago. since i am only days away from it being released in stores... i will wait the 1.5 day until thursday.

can any of you tell me how you are faring w/the tighter keyboard? i'll be switching from 8330. i upgraded to the 8530 and returned it b/c of the keys and lack of camera flash.
    Key board is great and the over all phone is awesome !
    06-08-10 04:54 PM
    Chitowngirl- OMG girl! whatever you do...DON't go stand outside in the rain cause with the luck you have...you"ll get struck by lightning! Sheesh!

Glad it's finally almost settled!!!

I dunno about you all but the chicklet keyboard of the 8330 was plasticky and creaky but it was a bit easier for me with my nails. This one is a bit harder for me to get used to. However, that being said...someone told me I beat them to the punch when typing so...THERE! I guess i am beginning to master it after all

This phone just screams luxury...Looks cool, is cool, looks sleek, feel hefty, it's a sexy phone, no two ways about it.
    I dunno how anybody could be unhappy unless it is not performing well in their area
    06-08-10 05:59 PM
    Chitowngirl - did you use info I passed along or talk to someone else?

I did use the info you sent. I sent the letter the copr. office, however I recieved a call from our regional office. Thank you so much
    06-08-10 08:04 PM
    Chitowngirl- OMG girl! whatever you do...DON't go stand outside in the rain cause with the luck you have...you"ll get struck by lightning! Sheesh!

Glad it's finally almost settled!!!

I dunno about you all but the chicklet keyboard of the 8330 was plasticky and creaky but it was a bit easier for me with my nails. This one is a bit harder for me to get used to. However, that being said...someone told me I beat them to the punch when typing so...THERE! I guess i am beginning to master it after all

This phone just screams luxury...Looks cool, is cool, looks sleek, feel hefty, it's a sexy phone, no two ways about it.
    I dunno how anybody could be unhappy unless it is not performing well in their area

LMBO I kno right. I have had some pretty ummmmm?????? luck, one day I'll have to tell you about it, your in the medical feild right? BOY oh boy I got a story 4 ya

Cant wait to get my phone gonna meet the Fedex driver at the stop sign by my house LOL
    06-08-10 08:13 PM
    Hey Moonlessnight, did Chitowngirl ever get her Bold 9650? She had such a rough go with VZW and the FedEX people. I don't remember who she was gonna kill first but boy! she was mad!!!!

Who else are we waiting on?

Bob? You got yours yet?

Lusabeth? Is the switch happening today? You had the manage connection problems right? 4 techs and no one could fix it?

Who else do we know about whos got troubles still?
    Nah, I won't get one until at least Saturday. I'll be in town for a meeting after which I'll visit with the store manager buddy who has been my personal vzw cs person for neigh on to 10 years. He has always been good to me and has taken very good care of me. He did mention sometime back that he would take care of me again so I'll be visiting with him to see what he can do. If there is any way to purchase it as an upgrade for cheap, I might do the BOGO and get one for the wife. Time will tell. In the mean time:

I'm soooo jealous of you guys that already have your new babys in hand!
    06-08-10 08:20 PM
    Can you believe it? This is the 6K post AGAIN? for the second time I get the HONORS!!!!
    Thanks again guys!
    Let's keep it going!

WE ROCK!!!

Hats off to Tourboy! Our founder!

PS Bob...get that dang phone already will ya? You're gonna absolutely LOVE it I'm telling you!!!
    06-08-10 08:38 PM
    Can you believe it? This is the 6K post AGAIN? for the second time I get the HONORS!!!!
    Thanks again guys!
    Let's keep it going!

WE ROCK!!!

Hats off to Tourboy! Our founder!

PS Bob...get that dang phone already will ya? You're gonna absolutely LOVE it I'm telling you!!!
    I've been sitting on my hands to keep from posting since I noticed that I had made the 5,999th post. I was hoping that you would jump in and get it again. GOOD JOB!

Sure would like to know what happened to Boldboy. Wonder if he is really someone else here and just created the "Tourboy" nick for the purposes of this thread???

Oh well, congratualtion JayDee you've done it again!
    06-08-10 08:43 PM
    I just wanted to let everyone know that...
    I GOT MY BOLD TODAY!
    It's my first Blackberry and so far it is awesome!
    I'm still getting used to some settings but it works great and is a beautiful device!
    Just letting you guys know
    06-08-10 08:59 PM
    Couldn't wait and just opted to purchase this phone online. Instant rebate as opposed to mail in. I cannot wait!! :-D

06-08-10 09:33 PM
    Ya so....either the mods are not doing their jobs or dont realize that the phone has been released. either this thread should be closed.

go ahead and whine and ***** like yall are going to. i dont care
    06-08-10 09:37 PM
    My trackpad seems to be clicking weird.. almost like a scraping noise of it griding against the edge when i click it down sometimes.. its really getting to me.. anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it?
    06-08-10 10:20 PM
    Okay so, I submitted my request to change my PIN on Mobihand on Friday - it STILL hasn't been approved. I emailed, I've submitted a support ticket and.. nothing. Should I request the change again and just C&P the same PIN? I'm really at a loss as to what I should do. :/

They finally got back to me so never mind!
    Last edited by moonlessnight; 06-09-10 at 12:19 AM.
    06-08-10 10:57 PM
    LMBO I kno right. I have had some pretty ummmmm?????? luck, one day I'll have to tell you about it, your in the medical feild right? BOY oh boy I got a story 4 ya

Cant wait to get my phone gonna meet the Fedex driver at the stop sign by my house LOL
    06-08-10 11:45 PM
    still waiting for best buy to get the phone in
    06-09-10 12:48 AM
    Chitowngirl don't meet them at the stop sign, go to the distribution center like I did! lol
    The distribution center is way too far, the stop sign is closer
    06-09-10 06:41 AM
    Ya so....either the mods are not doing their jobs or dont realize that the phone has been released. either this thread should be closed.

go ahead and whine and ***** like yall are going to. i dont care
    Thanks for adding to our post count!
    Have a nice day!
    06-09-10 07:05 AM
    - am having trouble with muting my phone.. I have it on the option "silent" under sounds and it shows as everything including sms set to silent and no vibrate.. But when I do get an sms etc. It vibrates.. Maybe an issue with BerryBuzz? All I knoe as it is very anoying because I have exams now and would like to be able to silence it without shutting it off.

PS. I am in school right now hah

06-09-10 07:17 AM
    Thanks for adding to our post count!
    Have a nice day!
    You go Girl!!!
    06-09-10 09:23 AM
    Well, I just noticed that I have become "Abusive"... Hmmmmmm I think they should change that to "Adict", most of us are certainly that.

On a more important note, one of the apps that has been recommended is "CB Launcher", I've downloaded it from the site and it doesn't even include the threads for the 9650. That just won't do!

There was talk somewhere about an older version of CB Launcher that folks liked better, is that correct and if so what is better about it and where can I get a copy of it.

JayDee, I DL'd a copy of BeWeather and I now see what you like so much about it. I'm on my 3 day trial at the moment but I'll be buying it shortly.
    06-09-10 09:32 AM
    CB Launcher issue has already been addressed to dev and higher up's.
    06-09-10 09:49 AM
    CB Launcher issue has already been addressed to dev and higher up's.
    Thanks, I'll be awaiting the arrival of a new version.
    06-09-10 09:52 AM
    Well, I just noticed that I have become "Abusive"... Hmmmmmm I think they should change that to "Adict", most of us are certainly that.

On a more important note, one of the apps that has been recommended is "CB Launcher", I've downloaded it from the site and it doesn't even include the threads for the 9650. That just won't do!

There was talk somewhere about an older version of CB Launcher that folks liked better, is that correct and if so what is better about it and where can I get a copy of it.

JayDee, I DL'd a copy of BeWeather and I now see what you like so much about it. I'm on my 3 day trial at the moment but I'll be buying it shortly.
    Bob, you abuser, you! Congrats!!!!

The old version of the launcher doesn't seem to be around anywhere. Too bad because it allowed you to change it's color according to your theme. I'm not sure it is even a file that plays nice with our OSes anymore. I dunno. We need a Crackberry GENIUS to answer that for us. Maybe a search will help us. I will do some research and see what I can dig up!

EDIT: Ask and you shall receive...look here for the link to the old launcher...no link to the 9650 of course, but neither does the new one have that!http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/old...uncher-396004/ IN POST #2 of this thread
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-09-10 at 10:14 AM. Reason: found the link for old launcher
    06-09-10 09:55 AM
23,186 ... 233234235236237 ...