VZN is so confusing, I wanted to order my phone before 5..Because the guy on the phone said to order online for the discount and when my phone arrives call and activate within the 30 days..I want to activate it on the 20th when my cycle restarts to avoid the combine billing..but the online chat rep told me it will change the day I order it, guess I'll wait some more...BULLOCKS
    why does it matter when you call and activate the phone? when you activate the new one, your old one automatically is deactivated, no? that's what I did with mine. Why does it matter WHEN you do it?

Are you a NEW VZW customer Saga Berry? Or an existing one?
    And why do you have to call to activate? You can activate the new phone online by yourself on the website like I did...

I'm confused...sorry...
    06-07-10 04:06 PM
    I'm an exiting customer I have an LG Dare..I did not want to get billed a month and a half worth of minutes...WHen I upgraded to my Dare my 1st bill was prorated..Plus I have unlimited txt now but I barely break 400 so that to will change...All I wanted was to play with it tmw and activate it when my mins goes to zero...Hope that's less confusing
    06-07-10 04:29 PM
    I know people ask this all the time but i get my 9650 tomorrow so which weather app should i use? i have heard real good things about the paid berryweather.
    06-07-10 04:42 PM
    I know people ask this all the time but i get my 9650 tomorrow so which weather app should i use? i have heard real good things about the paid berryweather.
    Weatherbug or berryweather...I use the free weatherbug and love it but many folks swear by berryweather.
    Both have free versions why not download 1 and try it then delete and try the other?
    06-07-10 05:16 PM
    I love Berry weather because with the OS5 version you get to see the little red thermometer in the banner on your homescreen...so cute...

I mean there are other great reasons to have the app but i do love the ability to have that little thermometer after all this time...
    06-07-10 06:31 PM
    Quick questions,

Looking to finally order my Bold online. But I want to take advantage of the B1G1. So I want to get the free one for my brother on the same plan as me (we have our free upgrades available) and get him the data plan as well.

But I was wondering if he ends up not liking his phone and just wants a normal phone without any data, what are my options?

Can we keep the blackberry and drop the 2nd data plan? Or is the data plan now required for the 2 years too since we got a free blackberry?
    06-07-10 06:36 PM
    Quick questions,

Looking to finally order my Bold online. But I want to take advantage of the B1G1. So I want to get the free one for my brother on the same plan as me (we have our free upgrades available) and get him the data plan as well.

But I was wondering if he ends up not liking his phone and just wants a normal phone without any data, what are my options?

Can we keep the blackberry and drop the 2nd data plan? Or is the data plan now required for the 2 years too since we got a free blackberry?
    If he doesn't like it you have 30 days to send it back and get a regular phone then get rid of data..after 30 is a different story(We are talking Verizon right ?)
    06-07-10 06:56 PM
    If he doesn't like it you have 30 days to send it back and get a regular phone then get rid of data..after 30 is a different story(We are talking Verizon right ?)
    Yes Verizon, what happens after 30 days? What if he just wanted to switch back to his old phone? Can I keep the extra blackberry?
    06-07-10 06:59 PM
    Just doing my part in order for us to get to 6000! From my 9650, of course!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 07:22 PM
    Yes Verizon, what happens after 30 days? What if he just wanted to switch back to his old phone? Can I keep the extra blackberry?
    Yes, you can just keep the extra blackberry in that case. I am thinking of doing the same thing for my wife's phone line that has an upgrade available. Order her one, activate for a day or two and then revert back to her dumb phone. Then I'll have a backup phone and a spare battery to use if needed!
    06-07-10 07:52 PM
    One more thing to keep in mind is that the Early Termination Fee for his line would then be bumped up to $350 if you canceled. In my case, we only have a choice of Verizon or Alltel so I don't plan on canceling our service anytime soon anyways.
    06-07-10 07:55 PM
    Yes, you can just keep the extra blackberry in that case. I am thinking of doing the same thing for my wife's phone line that has an upgrade available. Order her one, activate for a day or two and then revert back to her dumb phone. Then I'll have a backup phone and a spare battery to use if needed!
    What? Wait a minute? What are you saying? BOGO? Cancel one and keep the one you don't want? Doesn't sound right to me.

Sorry I don't think you get to keep the extra Blackberry as a SPARE, new phone, battery and all. No, that doesn't not sound right.

Someone would have to convince me of that. Sorry. I cannot believe that VZW would allow such a thing. BOGO means that BOTH phones are activated. So if one is not, then SOME kind of penalty must be paid. Something must be done. YOU MUST HAVE TO TURN IN THAT EXTRA NEW 9650 and NOT GET TO KEEP IT.

You'd have to convince me of it otherwise. I don't believe it.

Edit OK AFTER 30 days HE HAS TO KEEP IT, I see what you're saying. I think? But before the 30 days are up...different story?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-07-10 at 08:08 PM. Reason: after 30 days????
    06-07-10 08:05 PM
    What? Wait a minute? What are you saying? BOGO? Cancel one and keep the one you don't want? Doesn't sound right to me.

Sorry I don't think you get to keep the extra Blackberry as a SPARE, new phone, battery and all. No, that doesn't not sound right.

Someone would have to convince me of that. Sorry. I cannot believe that VZW would allow such a thing. BOGO means that BOTH phones are activated. So if one is not, then SOME kind of penalty must be paid. Something must be done. YOU MUST HAVE TO TURN IN THAT EXTRA NEW 9650 and NOT GET TO KEEP IT.

You'd have to convince me of it otherwise. I don't believe it.

Edit OK AFTER 30 days HE HAS TO KEEP IT, I see what you're saying. I think? But before the 30 days are up...different story?
    Since are company has been with Verizon for the last 4 years you can NOT keep the phone . After 30 days you have to send it back to get credit and stay with your old phone or get a different one.
    Could be different for an individual account but not on a business account.
    06-07-10 08:12 PM
    OK, only 17 post after this one and we reach the big 6,000. Let's go folks ante up a few posts here.

JayDee, that doesn't include you. You have to sit on your hands, since you didn't agree to the "Handcuffs", until the 5,999th post is made and then jump in. Oh, I guess you need to make one more post prior to that so that your 1,000th post and the 6,000th post coincide. I guess we'll have to call you master JayDee, or is it Mistress JayDee???
    06-07-10 09:14 PM
    Still loving my new toy maybe a little too much! I'm hopping the battery starts to last longer, Mine only made it 12 hours today b4 a recharge 16 more to go

06-07-10 09:26 PM
    My contract is up in July, but not my daughter's. Can I do B1G1 and put the one on her number?
    06-07-10 09:34 PM
    I love Berry weather because with the OS5 version you get to see the little red thermometer in the banner on your homescreen...so cute...

I mean there are other great reasons to have the app but i do love the ability to have that little thermometer after all this time...

Do you have the paid version of berry weather jaydee?
    06-07-10 10:05 PM
    Both lines would have to be eligible for an upgrade for the BOGO deal to work....

06-07-10 10:06 PM
    Ms. Jay Dee - how do you capture the screen shot on your phone? Would love to learn that trick from the Queen of Blackberry!

06-07-10 10:24 PM
    Oops! Almost forgot, you are still sitting on your hands and not posting until we get closer to 6,000...

Does anyone else know how to capture a screenshot of your Bold?
    06-07-10 10:40 PM
    Ms. Jay Dee - how do you capture the screen shot on your phone? Would love to learn that trick from the Queen of Blackberry!

To answer both questions:
    Deacons yes, it is the full paid version of Berry Weather and well worth it. You can set as many locations as you would like. Also, you can set your entire wallpaper with the icon for the weather if you want.

As for screen shots, Quick Launch (which I keep blabbing about so much I should get a free copy) takes screen shots but you can also use the free apps, Capture It The Tech Mogul - CaptureIt
    or Zona Snap,BerryAddicted • View topic - Zona FREE Snap Screen Capture App
    Mr Weller. Download either.

PS Where is Tourboy? This is HIS Thread!!!!
    06-07-10 10:43 PM
    As a first time BB user, I got my Bold this morning at 9:45 and the wife and I haven't put em down since! Trackpad is awesome, wish keyboard was a little wider (fat fingers lol) but I'll live. JD keep holding out for that 1000th post!
    06-07-10 11:01 PM
    To answer both questions:
    Deacons yes, it is the full paid version of Berry Weather and well worth it. You can set as many locations as you would like. Also, you can set your entire wallpaper with the icon for the weather if you want.

As for screen shots, Quick Launch (which I keep blabbing about so much I should get a free copy) takes screen shots but you can also use the free apps, Capture It The Tech Mogul - CaptureIt
    or Zona Snap,BerryAddicted • View topic - Zona FREE Snap Screen Capture App
    Mr Weller. Download either.

PS Where is Tourboy? This is HIS Thread!!!!
    My question precisely; however, he seems to have abandoned it so we have decided that it falls to you to celebarate its arrival at 6,000.

You absolutely must sit on your hands for the next 7 posts, you may then post your celebratory post.
    06-07-10 11:20 PM
    Somehow I bricked my Tour late last night, I've been working on restoring it to its former self, what a chore this has been. I hope I never have to do this again. I thought "Backup" backed up everything on your BB, but nooooo, it doesn't backup third party SW. Does anyone know an app that will do that just in case I do this again. Also for when I finally get my own new baby berry (BOLD).
    06-07-10 11:24 PM
    I think Tourboy got his Bold and meta morphed into....*drum roll* BOLD BOY! lol
    06-07-10 11:39 PM
23,186 ... 231232233234235 ...