one word - handcuffs!
    Agreed, you brave enough to try to put them on her???
    06-06-10 10:12 PM
    My battery life was poor the first two days� after that it settled in so wait before you think you need to upgrade. Seems like pain and too bulky to get the extended battery. I assume it would no longer fit in the holster, etc.

They say it�s best to let them drain out prior to recharge, but I can�t afford not to have a full battery ready to go the next day so I cradle it every night.
    Your battery life will improve when you stop playing with it 24hrs a day.

Seems it took you 2 days to stop playing......
    06-06-10 10:31 PM
    I'm glad to see everyone's pleased and excited to finally have this phone. I want one too!!! Stupid Verizon.
    06-06-10 10:46 PM
    I'm glad to see everyone's pleased and excited to finally have this phone. I want one too!!! Stupid Verizon.
    I want one too. I'm hoping that when I visit with the store manager I deal with that he will be able to put one in my hands. If he can do it for a really good price and let me do the BOGO I may get one for the wife and introduce her to smartphones.

I'm sooooo jealous of the ones that already have their baby Bolds in their hot little hands!!!
    06-06-10 11:00 PM
    Agreed, you brave enough to try to put them on her???
    I'm thinking I'd need some help from Al...cohol...If we gave her a couple stiff drinks first I'd try it...
    I think!
    06-06-10 11:06 PM
    Another quick question - what calendar/scheduling program do you use to keep up your schedule on your BBerry? Never used outlook since I left the corporate world but am starting to input my appts, etc because it seems to play nice and sync well with my Bold...any other opinions?

Oh - and 50 more posts to go until 6k!
    06-06-10 11:11 PM
    Btw the cradle from the Tour fits the Bold right?
    06-06-10 11:13 PM
    Another quick question - what calendar/scheduling program do you use to keep up your schedule on your BBerry? Never used outlook since I left the corporate world but am starting to input my appts, etc because it seems to play nice and sync well with my Bold...any other opinions?

Oh - and 50 more posts to go until 6k!
    I was a big Franklin Planner guy when back in the corporate world, always by my side (kind of like my BB today). I even got FranklinCovey's software that works with Outlook and a Palm Pilot. After retiring, I was still so tied to my planner that I kept it up, eventually moved to a Treo (3 of them) and now a BB. Still use Outlook w/FranklinCovey SW and sync to BB. I find that I still need a calendar, I'm so busy these days that I can't figure out how I ever had time to work filltime!!!

> 50 posts to go, should happen in a day or so.
    06-07-10 06:16 AM
    Btw the cradle from the Tour fits the Bold right?
    Mike, the cradle for the Tour absolutely fits the 9650! I'm using one now!

Oh and as far as handcuffs go...don't even...any of you!
    06-07-10 07:55 AM
    Congrats to jaydee and all who survived the wait! I had problems ordering over the weekend (after returning from my trip without my new BB ), since I wanted to upgrade another line as well for a different phone. It was a No Go on that part, but my 9650 is FINALLY ordered as of this morning, just over six months after I became eligible for my upgrade! My Otterbox Commuter case should be arriving later this week, too.

Now, let the learning curve begin!
    Last edited by StarTraveler; 06-07-10 at 10:30 AM.
    06-07-10 10:28 AM
    Congrats to jaydee and all who survived the wait! I had problems ordering over the weekend (after returning from my trip without my new BB ), since I wanted to upgrade another line as well for a different phone. It was a No Go on that part, but my 9650 is FINALLY ordered as of this morning, just over six months after I became eligible for my upgrade! My Otterbox Commuter case should be arriving later this week, too.

Now, let the learning curve begin!
    Congrats StarTraveler! You are gonna absolutely LOVE this phone!!!!! How we lived without it I'll never know. It is the best by far! Remember I came from an 8330 so OS 5.0 and the changes from an 8330 are so different for me that it is night and day and wow! I am blown away!

A lot of ppl are getting Otterbox cases.
    Except me.
    I don't like to cover my phone up that much. I guess that says a little about me...oops. Maybe that says a little TOO MUCH about me...hahahaha
    06-07-10 10:36 AM
    Thanks, Jaydee!

I'd prefer not to go with a case, but past experience has proven their worth to me. I dropped my last brand new phone on a construction job site on the second or third day I had it, when I brushed against something and it popped out of one of those clip holsters. I got the leather cover the next day, and it has protected the phone through several more falls, though none nearly as bad as the first. Still, the huge scratch from that first fall, part of which was still visible when the cover was on, reminded me of that event every time I saw it until the phone died a few months ago while waiting for the 9650 release.
    06-07-10 10:47 AM
    I'm in no way ambivalent about whether or not to case my phone, but the decision of which one is maddening. I like the Incipio Ultra Light Feather case (barely there, very unobtrusive), but I also like the Incipio dermaSHOT. I read that the color on the Feather Light case can rub off if you don't purchase black or dark blue. Short of scouring the threads, does anyone here have any suggestions or experience with one of these? I'm not keen on the OtterBox design and I've been using a standard BlackBerry silicone case on my 8330, which has saved its life countless times.

In case anyone needs a heart attack, I got the phones on Friday and neither my mom nor I have activated them yet. I know, I know, what am I waiting for? Well, I'm waiting for a skin/case because stories like StarTraveler's are not uncommon. I don't want to risk any cosmetic damage so early in the game.
    06-07-10 10:57 AM
    Another BB question from a newbie BB user - does the mute button on the top right of the phone do anything unless you are in the middle of a call?
    06-07-10 11:35 AM
    41 more posts about this wonderful phone that we all waited so long for and we'll hit 6K! Not sure if we can hold JayDee back from posting her 1,000th post before that but we'll have to give it a try!

Downloaded BerryBuzz trial last night and there are a TON of options on there for different led indicators! Very cool program and I see myself buying it after I finish the trial version.

I've also begun experimenting with themes and downloaded a couple to try.

Also downloaded the free app QuickPull so I didn't have to remove my phone from the Otterbox Defender to reboot it... for whatever reason after I switched themes it made BBM appear funny (as if I hadn't switched back to the original theme I was running)...so I rebooted and everything is back intact the way it should be!
    06-07-10 11:46 AM
    I am waiting for the Smart-case to come for my phone....plus a leather cover to replace the stock Blackberry case with the clip...I have dropped my Curve 8330 so many times while using a case with the plastic clip.
    06-07-10 11:47 AM
    \

Downloaded BerryBuzz trial last night and there are a TON of options on there for different led indicators! Very cool program and I see myself buying it after I finish the trial version.

Also downloaded the free app QuickPull so I didn't have to remove my phone from the Otterbox Defender to reboot it...
    Two comments on what you posted mrweller...
    I have Berry Buzz and LOVE it! I enjoy having the colored LEDs to alert me to incoming bbms, gtalk messages, phone calls etc when my phone is on silent, as it is most of the day as it sits on my desk. I also like the disco options Berry Buzz has included in the newer version. Very snazzy! You can even set separate colored LEDs for different contacts; so, for instance, mrweller, I could set disco police lights for your incoming calls, sms or emails ...HOW APPROPRIATE since you want to place me in handcuffs!!!!!

Also, I have used Quick Pull before. Religiously, to regain memory which was so important on my 8330. Now that I have this bad boy, (which never seems to lose memory, BTW) I find myself wanting to pull the battery but not needing to. Old habits die hard. Quick pull can be used. However, if anyone has Quick Launch, a great program to have by the way, a reboot option is included so Quick Pull or any additional reboot option is not needed.
    Just a point of interest.
    06-07-10 12:07 PM
    JayDee,
    Thanks for the heads up on Quick Launch...I'll definitely be checking that out soon!

I was playing around with the different disco leds on Berry Buzz last night and thought it was very cool that you can customize it for anyone! I'd be honored if mine was set to the disco police on your phone!

I was only suggesting the handcuffs to time your post perfectly with post #6,000 on this thread...why else would we want you in handcuffs?

Off I go to check out Quick Launch!
    06-07-10 01:27 PM
    I have a theme DL'ed, but I think I might want to create my own. I tinkered with the program a bit when I was waiting for this phone and I figured it out well enough, but where do people get the nifty new icons for the home page and the menu screen? Are they just images you can import? (Sorry if this doesn't necessarily belong here; this is just the thread I frequent the most and I feel like I know all of you!)

I downloaded this pretty nifty recipes app! It's free and has a ton of recipes in it! Still waiting on mobihand to approve my PIN change though. I need my BerryWeather!
    Last edited by moonlessnight; 06-07-10 at 02:28 PM.
    06-07-10 01:50 PM
    I have an app DL'ed, but I think I might want to create my own. I tinkered with the program a bit when I was waiting for this phone and I figured it out well enough, but where do people get the nifty new icons for the home page and the menu screen? Are they just images you can import?
    Do you mean you have a theme downloaded MoonlessNight?

I haven't jumped into the themes yet but I think I'll eventually play around with it and build my own, etc...
    06-07-10 02:21 PM
    Do you mean you have a theme downloaded MoonlessNight?

I haven't jumped into the themes yet but I think I'll eventually play around with it and build my own, etc...
    LOL Yes. Let me edit that!
    06-07-10 02:28 PM
    Does anyone know of a theme that was like the L theme on the 8330? I liked the way I could have a few more apps on the screen but also use wallpaper.
    06-07-10 02:35 PM
    Does anyone know of a theme that was like the L theme on the 8330? I liked the way I could have a few more apps on the screen but also use wallpaper.
    I second this. I really liked that L-shaped theme on my 8330. I've been used to having more than 6 icons readily available on the main screen.
    06-07-10 03:09 PM

Also, I have used Quick Pull before. Religiously, to regain memory which was so important on my 8330. Now that I have this bad boy, (which never seems to lose memory, BTW) I find myself wanting to pull the battery but not needing to. Old habits die hard. Quick pull can be used. However, if anyone has Quick Launch, a great program to have by the way, a reboot option is included so Quick Pull or any additional reboot option is not needed.
    Just a point of interest.
    You know you can just hold down 'ALT' + 'RIGHT SHIFT' + 'DELETE' to reboot. Had to use plenty of times with my 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 03:30 PM
    VZN is so confusing, I wanted to order my phone before 5..Because the guy on the phone said to order online for the discount and when my phone arrives call and activate within the 30 days..I want to activate it on the 20th when my cycle restarts to avoid the combine billing..but the online chat rep told me it will change the day I order it, guess I'll wait some more...BULLOCKS
    06-07-10 03:55 PM
23,186 ... 230231232233234 ...