Quick launch- Shortcuts for everthing- apps, websites, sms, files, music, you name it! First thing I put on my bb! by nikkisoft. well worth the $

Berry Buzz- colored leds for every notification on your berry. make your bbm's blue, tour sms-disco, your mms- purple, your pins-green, etc

Berry Weather-weather, radar maps, homescreen icons, temps, conditions, advisories

Poynt- movies, business, 411, phone numbers, directions, white pages

BB Notepad- Memopad that lets you save to storage card and NOT to device memory like built in memopad does

Search IT- small app by Shao (cb member) quick internet searching from your homescreen. go to shaosoft.com to check it out.

Pod Trapper-podcasts and developer is very responsive. versatilemonkey.com
    06-05-10 03:12 PM
    anyone know of an app right off the top of their head that changes the led light for bbm? right now ive got color id and blink on my phone.

Thankss
    06-05-10 03:36 PM
    anyone know of an app right off the top of their head that changes the led light for bbm? right now ive got color id and blink on my phone.

Thankss
    BerryBuzz is supposed to be great from what I've heard!
    06-05-10 03:51 PM
    People who say this thread should close and it won't make it to 6000 obviously don't know any of us very well!

LOL

Or suffered with us for lo those long months!

If you suffered with us, all you have to do is chime in with one post and we will make it easily to 6000...

But wait...where's Twitter...huh? and where's Blackberry App World ...that damn memory hog? Doesn't it always come pre-loaded? Why can't i find it?
    Go to your main menu, applications, and Twitter should be there.
    06-05-10 03:52 PM
    It's a start.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1275772402

So far:
    Facebook
    Capture It
    Movies
    Crackberry
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App

How do you post pics in the body of the message vs as an attachement?
    06-05-10 04:15 PM
    It's a start.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1275772402

So far:
    Facebook
    Capture It
    Movies
    Crackberry
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App

How do you post pics in the body of the message vs as an attachement?
    An image tag! When you go to reply, hit the little button with the yellow background and the mountain and it'll do it for you, or insert the following without the asterisks!

[*IMG*]URL OF IMAGE HERE[*/*IMG*]
    06-05-10 04:28 PM
    Cool! Thanks!

06-05-10 04:38 PM
    Quick launch- Shortcuts for everthing- apps, websites, sms, files, music, you name it! First thing I put on my bb! by nikkisoft. well worth the $

Berry Buzz- colored leds for every notification on your berry. make your bbm's blue, tour sms-disco, your mms- purple, your pins-green, etc

Berry Weather-weather, radar maps, homescreen icons, temps, conditions, advisories

Poynt- movies, business, 411, phone numbers, directions, white pages

BB Notepad- Memopad that lets you save to storage card and NOT to device memory like built in memopad does

Search IT- small app by Shao (cb member) quick internet searching from your homescreen. go to shaosoft.com to check it out.

Pod Trapper-podcasts and developer is very responsive. versatilemonkey.com

I can't find BB Notepad. Is it under a different name in App world?
    Last edited by Doc Z; 06-05-10 at 05:13 PM.
    06-05-10 04:50 PM
    I can't find BB Notepad. Is it under a different name in App world?
    Doc Z
    it's here:
    Blackberry Freeware - BBnotepad
    06-05-10 05:18 PM
    The Verizon store by my house just received the 9650s yesterday. Picked mine up this afternoon and haven't been able to put it down. This is the first smart phone I've had. I already got it tied into our Exchange system at work through BIS. I should be able to get it hooked to BES next week.

I got a price of $49 after MIR. I thought that was pretty fair.

This is an incredible phone!!! So much to learn. I got the whole night.
    06-05-10 08:00 PM
    congratulations to all
    06-05-10 08:08 PM
    The Verizon store by my house just received the 9650s yesterday. Picked mine up this afternoon and haven't been able to put it down. This is the first smart phone I've had. I already got it tied into our Exchange system at work through BIS. I should be able to get it hooked to BES next week.

I got a price of $49 after MIR. I thought that was pretty fair.

This is an incredible phone!!! So much to learn. I got the whole night.
    FYI...

If your company has BES 5.x, or BES Express 5.x you can do a tethered activation and avoid Verizon's insulting BES surcharge. It works just the same, except you can't do a wireless activation. If your company is running BES 4.x or Blackberry Professional you'll have to pony up for the monthly BES add-on to get your phone onto the company BES server.
    06-05-10 08:19 PM
    Here's a pic or two of my new baby:

Wallpaper courtesy of CyberWarrior from one of the Wallpaper threads here on CB
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/bb...papers-454639/ Ask him to do you some wallpaper of your own!

Chitowngirl-Enuf Purple for ya??????

Here's a Case Mate Gelli case. A bit firmer than a regular silicone skin and doesn't collect the fuzz and smutz that Moonlessnight and I were kibbutzing about a few days ago:

Note that even though this case mate case was for the 9630, the usb port cut out is almost perfect and is not obstructed at all!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-05-10 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added Cyber Warrior's link
    06-05-10 08:29 PM
    Cant wait to get mine. Upgrade available on the 9th. Mind as well get it in store on the 10th.
    06-05-10 08:41 PM
    FYI...

If your company has BES 5.x, or BES Express 5.x you can do a tethered activation and avoid Verizon's insulting BES surcharge. It works just the same, except you can't do a wireless activation. If your company is running BES 4.x or Blackberry Professional you'll have to pony up for the monthly BES add-on to get your phone onto the company BES server.
    I believe that my company is running 5.x, although I'm not quite sure. You're right, they quoted me some outrageous BES surcharge. My company has thousands of Blackberrys going through our BES. I know they license the Blackberrys by CALs on the BES.
    06-05-10 09:14 PM
    Jay, did you find BB twitter yet??
    06-05-10 09:24 PM
    BerryBuzz is supposed to be great from what I've heard!
    I use BerryBuzz and love it. Does great ...
    06-05-10 09:29 PM
    I second that ! BerryBuzz is really cool!
    06-05-10 09:31 PM
    JayDee!! You're a gal after my own heart!! Purple is my fave color! I'm loving what you've done with your Bold. I'm gonna have a similar wallpaper made too!

I cheers my margarita to ya!
    06-05-10 09:33 PM

Wallpaper courtesy of CyberWarrior from one of the Wallpaper threads here on CB
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/bb...papers-454639/ Ask him to do you some wallpaper of your own!

Chitowngirl-Enuf Purple for ya??????

Here's a Case Mate Gelli case. A bit firmer than a regular silicone skin and doesn't collect the fuzz and smutz that Moonlessnight and I were kibbutzing about a few days ago:

Note that even though this case mate case was for the 9630, the usb port cut out is almost perfect and is not obstructed at all!
    Cool pics and nails to match!
    06-05-10 09:48 PM
    Hey all, I am another person who has been lurking here for quite some time anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 9650. I received mine on Friday with many others and began to play with it accordingly. I have ran into a rather disappointing problem I am curious if anyone else has seen thus far. I set up the WiFi to connect to my home network and it worked great. I then disabled the WiFi to conserve my battery. The next day I went to re-enable the WiFi and I keep getting "Unable To start WiFi" error. I pulled the battery and restarted my new BB and the WiFi was then able to start and connect no problem. But once I disable it, it is then not able to be turned on again without a battery pull! I find this particularly upsetting.

I did some research online and notice this seems to be a common problem amongst several models of the Bold on various carriers. Some folks recommended to remove any apps installed. All that I have installed thus far was WeatherBug which I deleted and did not solve my problem. I did some further reading and several people seem to recommend to do a full restore to factory default and to NOT do a backup restore from a previous BB as this may cause the problem. I don't want to do this if it won't really solve my problem, but I did use the BB desktop manager to copy my data from my old Curve to my new 9650 so I wonder?

I am curious if anyone else has tried and/or seen this problem as of yet? Has anyone gotten a new 9650 that did not replace an older BB which does not have this problem? Or has anyone else done a data copy from an older BB to their new 9650?

Thanks for the feedback. I will return this phone if I am not able to find a solution in the next few days as I find this to be completely unacceptable as I travel around a lot and expect to be able to enable/disable the WiFi as needed! :-(
    06-05-10 11:12 PM
    That phone is you.......literally.
    06-06-10 12:10 AM
    I'm still loving the Bold 9650 and we are now only 84 posts from 6K...
    What is everyone's opinion on Bing being on it instead of Google? Google was on the Tour if I remember right...
    06-06-10 12:39 AM
    I despise Bing.Verizon pushed it onto my Curve so I used it once,to search for Google. Then I bookmarked Google and never used Bing again.
    06-06-10 12:48 AM
    Hate Bing!
    06-06-10 01:25 AM
23,186 ... 228229230231232 ...