I can't believe how long this thread has gotten, lol.
    06-02-10 11:05 AM
    Launch Countdown Continues for Verizon Bold 9650

T-minus 12 hours and counting....

TICK!!!! TICK!!!! TICK!!!!
    06-02-10 11:06 AM
    This may be a dumb question but I've only owned one BB (8830 WE). To transfer all my info (ie: contacts, sms, notes, etc) do I just use the DM? Is there anything that I'd have to transfer manually?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 11:14 AM
    However, I wanted to ask opinion about using device switch wizrd to go from one phone to another. Do you not think it would be better to just transfer .ipd with contacts and calendar and that's it. And then install all programs one at a time by downloading and installing them from original files or websites?

What do you think? Exercise in futility? Give a cleaner install? Gain nothing from doing this?

Ideas? Opinions? I'd be interested to know.
    Of course, I recently had to jump to another device and I had to leave most of my apps behind on my crippled 8330 so i WILL be downloading them one at a time but some I can transfer...should I?

Thanks for any and all opinions!

Just about 12 hours to go!!!!! WOO HOO

You need one of the geniouses to answer that one, I'm less than a year into BB world and still learning about how things work.

I back my Tour up daily with DM, I'm hoping that that will be the way to salvation... I'm going to be trying to get a Bold shortly after they come out even though I am not even to the 1 yr mark on my 2 yr contract, I got my Tour (1st BB) in October of last year. I'm hoping that the resourceful manager, I've dealt with him almost exclusively since I switched to VZW about 10 years ago, can figure a way for me to get one. I'm sure where there is a will there is a way.
    06-02-10 11:14 AM
    What time will it go online? 12 EST or 3AM EST? I'm probably gonna do phone in the morning though so I can try to haggle a free phone from VZW for my mom out of it. *shrug*
    06-02-10 11:20 AM
    Is 12:01 on Thursday the time we can call or go online to get the 9650? I cannot get online at work and I want it before the weekend (if possible). Also, I am upgrading from an altell plan, so would it be better to call or select the new phone (9650) and plan online? Any and all information would be appreciated! This will be the longest 12 hours of my life!! (but well worth it)

06-02-10 11:21 AM
    This may be a dumb question but I've only owned one BB (8830 WE). To transfer all my info (ie: contacts, sms, notes, etc) do I just use the DM? Is there anything that I'd have to transfer manually?
    supermanoh
    you can transfer everything by using DM, yes.
    I'm not sure about your bbm contacts, however. I would use remote backup for those to be safe and back them up to am email address. Other than that...you should be good to go.

Now, having said that, realize that some apps will NOT work on the BOLD if they worked on your other phone. After you transfer them over and reboot your phone, you are going to get error messages. That means you are going to have to delete the program and go find it again and UPGRADE/and/or/download the app appropriate for the bold onto your phone. At least this is what I believe will happen.

Someone with more experience may want to chime in and correct me so I am not giving you incorrect information. I am not trying to make you panic. DON'T PANIC. But you might want to reinstall your programs one at a time again based on the new phone; this is what I was asking a few posts up.

Why load up the phone with a bunch of software that is going to error out on reboot and then have to be deleted anyway> Why not go one at a time and install the proper version? I dunno. Am I crazy for saying this? Maybe I'm too type A... (I know most of you reading will agree I AM!!!!!!)

hey, love you all like my family! Oh and by the way:
    only 11 and 1/2 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-02-10 11:25 AM
    No, you mean you cannot believe how long it took BB to get the 9650 together, and worse, for Verizon to release it.

I can't believe how long this thread has gotten, lol.
    06-02-10 11:58 AM
    supermanoh
    I'm not sure about your bbm contacts, however. I would use remote backup for those to be safe and back them up to am email address. Other than that...you should be good to go.

Now, having said that, realize that some apps will NOT work on the BOLD if they worked on your other phone. After you transfer them over and reboot your phone, you are going to get error messages. That means you are going to have to delete the program and go find it again and UPGRADE/and/or/download the app appropriate for the bold onto your phone. At least this is what I believe will happen.

Someone with more experience may want to chime in and correct me so I am not giving you incorrect information. I am not trying to make you panic. DON'T PANIC. But you might want to reinstall your programs one at a time again based on the new phone; this is what I was asking a few posts up.

Why load up the phone with a bunch of software that is going to error out on reboot and then have to be deleted anyway> Why not go one at a time and install the proper version? I dunno. Am I crazy for saying this? Maybe I'm too type A... (I know most of you reading will agree I AM!!!!!!)

I would think that it depends on the phone and OS level that you are comimg from, in my case I will be migrating from a Tour with OS 5.0 which should be very similar hardware to the Bold. I'm thinking that what works on the Tour should work on the Bold; however, there I go thinking again and it usually gets me in trouble every time I do that.

Where are our resident "Geniuses" that usually have such good info to share with us lowly "Users"???

By the way, jaydee:

10 Hours and 55 minutes.....
    06-02-10 12:04 PM
    So this is what the world looks like after the official Verizon announcement of the 9650. And it only took some 5,500 posts to get here.
    06-02-10 12:07 PM
    supermanoh

Thanks! I appreciate the response. I'm not worried about the apps. Coming from the 8830 I only had around 9mb memory every reboot and it would leak down to 2mb in a few hours so in short, I didn't have many apps installed anyway lol. I was really only worried about my notes and contacts etc but you answered that so thanks again

06-02-10 12:09 PM
    Houston, all systems look good for the Verizon Bold 9650 Launch Countdown

Orders ready to be placed? Check!

Everyone have their accessories selected? Check!

Know which apps to download? Check!

Countdown Continues...

T-minus 11 hours and counting....
    06-02-10 12:11 PM
    "Make It So..........."
    06-02-10 12:20 PM
    Will I be able to order at 11pm central? (12am eastern) or do I have to wait until midnight?? and can anyone tell me how to eras everything off my old blackberry using a mac?
    06-02-10 12:27 PM
    Will I be able to order at 11pm central? (12am eastern) or do I have to wait until midnight?? and can anyone tell me how to eras everything off my old blackberry using a mac?
    Just wipe from the handset! It will erase all of your info.
    06-02-10 12:30 PM
    Hard to tell still exactly when verizon will have it on their website; even now they don't show a coming soon or anything.

06-02-10 12:47 PM
    Hard to tell still exactly when verizon will have it on their website; even now they don't show a coming soon or anything.
    Makes me think I should gets some sleep on the sofa till 2am like I normally do and when I wake up, instead of going off to bed for a few more hours; head to the laptop to order!

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!!
    10 hours to go to our victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a victory in a way, isn't it?
    06-02-10 12:56 PM
    Gosh I hope so at this point for what we all have been through.

Makes me think I should gets some sleep on the sofa till 2am like I normally do and when I wake up, instead of going off to bed for a few more hours; head to the laptop to order!

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!!
    10 hours to go to our victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a victory in a way, isn't it?
    06-02-10 01:08 PM
    just have a question when i order the phone online. How do i get it to my new contract or like how do i activate please help i must order the phone tommorow to get it sooner i cannot wait til the 10th, and also why is it not on the verizon website yet
    06-02-10 01:15 PM
    just have a question when i order the phone online. How do i get it to my new contract or like how do i activate please help i must order the phone tommorow to get it sooner i cannot wait til the 10th, and also why is it not on the verizon website yet
    When you get the phone, you log into My Verizon. There you find a spot to Account Actions/ Activate Phone.
    From there you put in the new MEID number and New PIN number and your old phone # should show up. It's step by step through there. When you have completed that you put the battery in the new phone (take the battery out of the old first lol), dial *228 #1 on the new bold and BINGO BANGO , you're in like flynn...whatever that means.

Anyone else got tips?

Oh yeah...
    8 1/2 hours to go
    06-02-10 01:26 PM
    Some times it's Midnight Eastern, sometimes Midnight Pacific. I've never seen any consistency with it.
    06-02-10 01:29 PM
    WOO-HOO!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Countdown Continues...

T-minus 10 hours and counting....
    06-02-10 01:33 PM
    What number do you guys call to order it over the phone? Is it the 1800-922-0204 or a different number?

06-02-10 01:37 PM
    T-minus 10 hours and counting....
    ...until this thread can finally be closed
    06-02-10 01:41 PM
    When you get the phone, you log into My Verizon. There you find a spot to Account Actions/ Activate Phone.
    From there you put in the new MEID number and New PIN number and your old phone # should show up. It's step by step through there. When you have completed that you put the battery in the new phone (take the battery out of the old first lol), dial *228 #1 on the new bold and BINGO BANGO , you're in like flynn...whatever that means.

Anyone else got tips?

Oh yeah...
    8 1/2 hours to go
    so we use our old battery with the new phone or do they give us a new one, and can i bring it to my local store to get it activated?
    06-02-10 01:44 PM
23,186 ... 213214215216217 ...