Have not posted here, but have been anxiously waiting the release of the 9650 on Verizon. I just spoke to Verizon rep. He said they are available for order on the 3rd, but will not ship until the 10. Is that what everyone else has been told? Can't wait to get this phone!!
    no. it should ship same day, unless things have changed from previous phone releases
    06-01-10 08:22 PM
    You have been awfully quiet the past hour...looking over those accessories?

6000 is easily within reach!
    But who's counting?
    We're celebrating, right?
    WOO HOO!!!!!

Thursday come quickly!!!!
    06-01-10 08:28 PM
    They will probably arrive on the 5th.
    06-01-10 08:35 PM
    They will probably arrive on the 5th.
    So you don't think they will ship the same day even if we call in as early as possible?
    06-01-10 08:43 PM
    just a question, if we order the phone online will it ship on the 3rd or the 10th and if i were to order it online how would we do like all the activation and stuff
    06-01-10 08:55 PM
    just a question, if we order the phone online will it ship on the 3rd or the 10th and if i were to order it online how would we do like all the activation and stuff

it should ship on the 3rd if you order it early enough.

activation can be done on phone, online, or store.

its pretty easy to do online, you'll be done in a few minutes.
    06-01-10 09:00 PM
    A yellow flier should come in the box telling you how to activate it. I usually just call the number provided and activate it through the phone.
    06-01-10 09:05 PM
    T-minus 26 hours and counting....
    06-01-10 09:12 PM
    Everyone got their accessories ready? Check!

Apps ready to download?Check!

All buyers on standby and ready? Check!

Continue Countdown...

T-minus 30 hours and counting....
    Count me in guys...been waiting seven long months for a worthy upgrade to my phone.
    06-01-10 09:17 PM
    Great to hear!

Count me in guys...been waiting seven long months for a worthy upgrade to my phone.
    06-01-10 09:23 PM
    So any announcement from verizon yet? Don't they always announce ayleast two days prior to release? Wonder if they will just announce it when it is available online. Still seems very odd to me though. Even if they don't expect this phone to sell a lot they would still want to sell as many as possible.
    06-01-10 10:29 PM
    So any announcement from verizon yet? Don't they always announce ayleast two days prior to release? Wonder if they will just announce it when it is available online. Still seems very odd to me though. Even if they don't expect this phone to sell a lot they would still want to sell as many as possible.
    They might announce it on the 8th because that will be when it is in retail stores, where they sell most of their phones. At least that is what I'm telling myself as to not worry. :P
    06-01-10 10:36 PM
    T-minus 26 hours and counting....
    I am trying to figure out how I can get out of a couple hours of work (early in the morning) so I can either call or go online to pick up the 9650. Our online activity is monitored, so I don't want to risk being fired to get the 9650 (but it is tempting ) Any idea how early is early when ordering on the phone or online? Thanks for the info and come on big red .... don't disappoint everyone now!!
    06-01-10 10:46 PM
    you think if i order it around 1:30ish on thursday it will ship in time to get it saturday
    06-01-10 10:59 PM
    you think if i order it around 1:30ish on thursday it will ship in time to get it saturday
    You would have it Friday.
    06-01-10 11:11 PM
    I don't think people will have their phones as early as Friday. It will be available for preorder, that doesn't mean they'll have it the next day.
    06-01-10 11:16 PM
    How would I go about ordering it (alright, alright, them) online? I'm elgible for an upgrade (as is 98% of us one herel), but never ordered online before. Would they make me change my plan for one of these overpriced plans that they have now? Really not feeling the high priced plans out now.
    06-01-10 11:20 PM
    I don't think people will have their phones as early as Friday. It will be available for preorder, that doesn't mean they'll have it the next day.
    Yeah I don't think they will be shipping the phones out that day either but if they were then you would receive it the next day after ordering it. I think we will be getting the phones sometime around the end of June lol.
    06-01-10 11:38 PM
    haha just had a classic conversation with one of the reps. I called in for some other issues and I decided to bring up the 9650 for the **** of it.

Me: So I was told the Bold 9650 would be available on Thursday for preorders, I would just like to clarify whether that would be strictly a preorder or if we can expect the phone as early as Friday.

Rep: haha well....you weren't supposed to know but since a previous rep has already told you, yes it will be available for preorder and no one will receive it until it's actually released.

Me: Got it thanks. So how come VZ hasn't officially announced it yet? Do you guys even have it in your system?

Rep: Yeah I'm not sure why, but yes it's all in our warehouses and in the system ready to go. You weren't supposed to know any of this but if someone already told you to expect it on Thursday then it's ok haha

We're golden
    06-01-10 11:42 PM
    After waiting for quite a while with the rest of you for the Bold 9650, I thought I'd send an e-mail to the Verizon CEO Lowell C. McAdam. (Found info here: Executive Leadership) I sent a message that was professional and thought out and I've included the body of the e-mail message I received back. I also received a voicemail on my cell phone from the same gentleman that e-mailed me asking me to call him during the hours he is available to discuss the Bold 9650. Just thought you guys may be entertained by this in the final 30 hours of the wait...

Email message:

Dear Mr. Weller:

I am writing to you from the Executive Offices of Verizon Wireless in reference to the email you sent to our office regarding Verizon Wireless� launch of the Blackberry Bold device. I would like to discuss this with you as soon as possible. Please contact me on or before 6/7/2010. I am available Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM EST. Thank you.

Respectfully,

~Name removed~

VZW Executive Office

~phone number removed~
    06-02-10 12:20 AM
    After waiting for quite a while with the rest of you for the Bold 9650, I thought I'd send an e-mail to the Verizon CEO Lowell C. McAdam. (Found info here: Executive Leadership) I sent a message that was professional and thought out and I've included the body of the e-mail message I received back. I also received a voicemail on my cell phone from the same gentleman that e-mailed me asking me to call him during the hours he is available to discuss the Bold 9650. Just thought you guys may be entertained by this in the final 30 hours of the wait...

Email message:

Dear Mr. Weller:

I am writing to you from the Executive Offices of Verizon Wireless in reference to the email you sent to our office regarding Verizon Wireless� launch of the Blackberry Bold device. I would like to discuss this with you as soon as possible. Please contact me on or before 6/7/2010. I am available Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM EST. Thank you.

Respectfully,

~Name removed~

VZW Executive Office

~phone number removed~
    Call tomorrow!
    06-02-10 01:35 AM

Email message:

Dear Mr. Weller:

I am writing to you from the Executive Offices of Verizon Wireless in reference to the email you sent to our office regarding Verizon Wireless’ launch of the Blackberry Bold device. I would like to discuss this with you as soon as possible. Please contact me on or before 6/7/2010. I am available Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM EST. Thank you.

Respectfully,

~Name removed~

VZW Executive Office

~phone number removed~
    Would love to hear how the phone call goes. Whatever you emailed him certainly got his attention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheWheel; 06-02-10 at 07:03 AM.
    06-02-10 02:58 AM
    Not seeing the 9650 on verizonwireless. Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 05:45 AM
    T-minus 18 hours and counting....
    06-02-10 05:46 AM
    T-minus 17 hours and counting....

WOO-HOO!!!
    WOO-HOO!!! WOO-HOO!!!
    06-02-10 06:08 AM
23,186 ... 209210211212213 ...