I still laugh when I hear the "Verizon has the strictest testing standards in the wireless industry" excuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 03:30 PM
    OK!!! We are SOOOO CLOSE! I was in My Verizon looking to upgrade phones and the chat window opened up to chat with a rep and this is what I asked:

You: yes, Im looking for Blackberry devices, with world phone capabilities, WiFi and trackpad

and this was the response from the rep,

Star: We are not currently offering any that will include all features. You can however try checking back on the 3rd for a new release.

ITS THE FINAL STRECH!!!!
    05-28-10 03:33 PM
    OK!!! We are SOOOO CLOSE! I was in My Verizon looking to upgrade phones

Star: We are not currently offering any that will include all features. You can however try checking back on the 3rd for a new release.
    Woo Hoo!
    TRY? TRY? checking back?
    Try stopping us!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA
    05-28-10 03:36 PM
    I know Jaydee!! Im jumping around the room!
    05-28-10 03:38 PM
    Its been a long journey! (since October) I can't believe its finally here
    05-28-10 03:39 PM
    Its been a long journey! (since October) I can't believe its finally here
    Still not set in stone.. You kinda learn not to believe anyone until you actually see the physical device out when you are following a phone for 7 months..
    05-28-10 03:44 PM
    I guess because I have never heard it directly from a rep like this time around
    05-28-10 03:45 PM
    I went onto my verizon and went to the upgrade area and a chat opened as well however this is what the rep said to me...

Lauren: Are there any new blackberry devices coming to verizon soon?

Erin: Yes we do have the bold coming soon that is set to be released next month also. And you would have 30 days to try out the new phone, and she could certainly swap for the bold in that time frame if she decided to.

Lauren: is there a fee for swaping to the bold?

Erin: No as long as she did so within 30 days there would not be and you would get free shipping and free activation also.

Lauren: Will the bold definitely be released within 30 days?

Erin: Yes it set to be released June 15th.

I'm hoping for the 3rd or the 10th still...
    05-28-10 03:55 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums but have been reading crackberry everyday for a while now. I was thinking of starting a new thread, but decided against it since there are already about 4 verizon release date threads out there. Like all of you, I've been dying to get my hands on the Bold ever since it was a rumor. Then when Sprint announced and released the phone, I got really antsy. I've been checking the same 3 or 4 verizon release date threads about 4-5 times per day since Sprint released the phone. The thing that has been keeping me from going stir crazy has been all of you...all of the contributions from other sites, from phone conversations with verizon reps, rumors, jokes/support, etc etc. This is a really great community of people. If verizon only knew just how much we all want this phone and want to stay with their superior network, maybe they'd actually give us some solid info to work with! I'm hopeful with the June 3/June 10 info, but like many of you, I'd like to see an official announcement. Until we get what we're looking for, I just want to thank you all for helping me keep my sanity and keep from throwing my 8330 out the window!
    05-28-10 04:41 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums but have been reading crackberry everyday for a while now. I was thinking of starting a new thread, but decided against it since there are already about 4 verizon release date threads out there. Like all of you, I've been dying to get my hands on the Bold ever since it was a rumor. Then when Sprint announced and released the phone, I got really antsy. I've been checking the same 3 or 4 verizon release date threads about 4-5 times per day since Sprint released the phone. The thing that has been keeping me from going stir crazy has been all of you...all of the contributions from other sites, from phone conversations with verizon reps, rumors, jokes/support, etc etc. This is a really great community of people. If verizon only knew just how much we all want this phone and want to stay with their superior network, maybe they'd actually give us some solid info to work with! I'm hopeful with the June 3/June 10 info, but like many of you, I'd like to see an official announcement. Until we get what we're looking for, I just want to thank you all for helping me keep my sanity and keep from throwing my 8330 out the window!
    lol join the club... now you know how we been feeling forever! I've been waiting for this phone since last October...
    05-28-10 04:44 PM
    I sure hope so, but if I had $20 for everytime we thought that over the last 6 months....

ITS THE FINAL STRECH!!!!
    05-28-10 04:56 PM
    Man. Until I log onto their website or walk into a store and actually see it in plain sight I don't believe any of it. I'm not saying you guys are liars but how many times have we all heard " I talked to my rep and they said..................." I hope the 6/3 date is good but I just can't do the happy dance yet gang.
    05-28-10 05:38 PM
    05-28-10 05:39 PM
    Man Tourboy I applaud you on this but why can't those corporate knuckle heads over at vzw put this on their website so all their customers can be put at ease. I'm not killing your thunder but the last internal screen shot had the spec sheet with the 5/27 date. We all got excited and then the games started.
    05-28-10 05:50 PM
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i may have to stop at a Verizon at the jersey shore when i'm away to get it, i can't wait until after my vacation!! lol the long wait is finally over!!
    05-28-10 05:56 PM
    I have to give you that, why this device has been a mystery for the past 6 months remains an absolute joke. Something had to be going on internally. And why they cannot come forth now? Well, the mystery continues.

Man Tourboy I applaud you on this but why can't those corporate knuckle heads over at vzw put this on their website so all their customers can be put at ease. I'm not killing your thunder but the last internal screen shot had the spec sheet with the 5/27 date. We all got excited and then the games started.
    05-28-10 05:59 PM
    Just wondering, when Verizon means "direct fulfillment" does that refer to consumer online and tele-market orders or just corporate account pre-orders?

05-28-10 06:06 PM
    Just wondering, when Verizon means "direct fulfillment" does that refer to consumer online and tele-market orders or just corporate account pre-orders?

I'm with you on that one. What the heck is direct fulfillment?
    05-28-10 06:13 PM
    I'm with you on that one. What the heck is direct fulfillment?
    Online or telephone orders not in the store.
    05-28-10 06:18 PM
    >>This is where I question the email, usually these things state online, and not direct fulfillment. Maybe I am nitpicking. We are reaching out to our contacts for confirmation and will let you know what we find out.<<

This is from the story with the picture. Almost beyond a reasonable doubt. Now this guy gets you thinking too much again. We know about delays in launches. Is it too unrealistic to imagine a launch date moving up? Keep hope alive!
    05-28-10 06:18 PM
    >>This is where I question the email, usually these things state online, and not direct fulfillment. Maybe I am nitpicking. We are reaching out to our contacts for confirmation and will let you know what we find out.<<

This is from the story with the picture. Almost beyond a reasonable doubt. Now this guy gets you thinking too much again. We know about delays in launches. Is it too unrealistic to imagine a launch date moving up? Keep hope alive!
    Not really an issue there going to take orders over the phone and web and ship direct Example from AT&T:
    In an update to its website�s iPhone 3G press area, AT&T has revealed that it is currently using all its iPhone 3G supply to complete direct fulfillment orders, and will begin restocking its stores as soon as possible. �As we receive new inventory from Apple, we are shipping it out immediately to fill customers� orders.
    No worries
    05-28-10 06:24 PM
    Is it confirmed that they will do buy 1 get 1 free on the 17th? Now my dad wants one lol

05-28-10 06:50 PM
    So can someone just verify,

Via direct fulfillment means we will be able to order it online and will likely get it the next day or two?

And secondly, I don't want to screw my sales rep over...nice guy, just returned my incredible. If I go in and he orders it for me, can he still get his commission? Would like to not screw the guy, but, if it's either screw him or not get it until the 10th...he's screwed.
    05-28-10 07:53 PM
    So can someone just verify,

Via direct fulfillment means we will be able to order it online and will likely get it the next day or two?

And secondly, I don't want to screw my sales rep over...nice guy, just returned my incredible. If I go in and he orders it for me, can he still get his commission? Would like to not screw the guy, but, if it's either screw him or not get it until the 10th...he's screwed.
    #1 Yes

#2 Is it a business account or corporate if so then yes not sure about a regular account.
    05-28-10 07:58 PM
    just wondering how sure can we be that it will be available next week.... i caved and got a tour really cheap on ebay....worst comes to worst ill sell it again and buy the bold next week but either way its frustrating LOL

Don't see them doing that when the device is just being launched.
    05-28-10 08:00 PM
23,186 ... 197198199200201 ...