Well, the Friday before a holiday looks like there is very little chance of much news at this point.

So June 8-10 is our next expected Verizon release date?
    I agree, TourBoy. I think we are dead in the water until sometime next week, at a minimum. I just shake my head over how Verizon is handling the release of this device....
    05-28-10 05:52 AM
    At this point though, I don't know whether to blame Blackberry for waiting so long to bring this device to market or now Verizon for not even being able to confirm an official release date.

Something has to be going on internally with the 9650 for them not to be able to commit to a date; other upcoming devices, the iPhone4, etc.

I agree, TourBoy. I think we are dead in the water until sometime next week, at a minimum. I just shake my head over how Verizon is handling the release of this device....
    05-28-10 06:03 AM
    8330 is back om top of the smartphone page here in ny. It was out of stock the day before then gone all together yesterday. FAIL.
    05-28-10 06:17 AM
    I made the jump to Srint last night after months of waiting/reading/hoping. My birthdays tomorrow and there was no way I was holding out for an unknown June date.

When I called Verizon to see how much I was gonna owe to get outta my contract the rep asked me why I was leaving- obviously. When I told her I was tired of waiting for the bold 9650 she said but we have that phone! Uh, yeah, sure you do.

Anyway, shouldn't be much longer...I begged for any kinda bone to throw you loyal verizon customers, just a date, please?!? Negative, just that a week or two at most since they've all received training.

Good luck guys, I never chimed in but feel like I know you all since I was checking threads 33x a day
    05-28-10 06:19 AM

So June 8-10 is our next expected Verizon release date?
    Based on what information? When did vzw say that people should expect this phone the first week of June?
    05-28-10 06:28 AM
    as jaydee would say..

welcome to the upcoming/rumored section of the forum

Based on what information? When did vzw say that people should expect this phone the first week of June?
    05-28-10 06:44 AM
    LOL; Verizon hasn't said a peep Are you expecting them to?

That date is the latest expected at this point; but nothing is set in stone.

05-28-10 06:53 AM
    I'm so tired of waiting! If I had anything close to good service with AT&T I would have had a 9700!

I sure hope with the waiting game they are making damn sure that they have a good OS and not a bunch of bugs when it get's released!
    05-28-10 07:23 AM
    I made the jump to Srint last night after months of waiting/reading/hoping. My birthdays tomorrow and there was no way I was holding out for an unknown June date.

Good luck guys, I never chimed in but feel like I know you all since I was checking threads 33x a day
    Well Good luck to you Drea and Happy Birthday! I never did see you post but glad you have been here. I considered briefly, like you, jumping to Sprint, then I thought, who would man this fort with Tourboy and give him oxygen when he needs it if I jump the wall and run to Sprint? I mean, somebody has to play the martyr and whine, "woe is me" and heck, ask the people I work with...I do that with the best of em! LOL

So for now, I'm here to stay.
    Drea, do drop in and say hello once you get your phone set up and let us know how much you love it so I can whine some more.
    05-28-10 07:59 AM
    So I haven't posted yet but I have been checking these threads religiously like many here, figured I'd chime in. The fact that VZW is yet to release this is absolutely ridiculous. My Tour broke a few weeks ago, so I went to Best Buy where I got it, and he temporarily gave me a Curve to use till the Bold came out, granted we thought at the time, it would only be like 2 weeks? UGH. Come On Big Red!

I feel like a little kid sitting by the front door, waiting for my dad to come home from a trip with presents for me!
    05-28-10 08:06 AM
    Seriously, at this point it could be the longest June on record.

I thought, who would man this fort with Tourboy and give him oxygen when he needs it if I jump the wall and run to Sprint?
    05-28-10 08:30 AM
    SERO was the Sprint Employee Referral Offer (the predecessor to the current Everyting Plus Referral Program). Essentially, if you knew a Sprint employee, you could get a discounted rate (unlimited data/texting, nights/weekend minutes starting at 8:00pm, unlimited Sprint-to-Sprint calling, and 500 anytime minutes) all for $30.

The Everything Plus Referral Program (Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program), you'll need the email address [email protected] and employee ID numbers of 383 to access it, is what Sprint offers now. The base individual plan on this is $59.99 a month for unlimited data/texting, unlimited mobile-to-mobile on any network, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7:00pm and 450 anytime minutes. It's awesome compared to any other networks plans. Now I'm not starting up an argument on which network is better but if Sprint service is decent in your area or where you travel to, my advice is just to give it a shot.

PS: I have no financial disclosures to make with regards to my statements above. Just trying to help out in this economy .
    One small correction, I tried it and in that email address, do not put a "." after "mcquire."
    05-28-10 08:30 AM
    Can you explain how VZW is "Handling the release"?

Who said the phone was supposed to come out? I don't think VZW has ever acknowledged the phone.

I think they are going to skip this release (the 9650) and wait for the 9750.... Why,,,, Because it's 100 more... that's why..
    The 9650 is listed as "Coming Soon" in their Spring/Summer catalog and there are giant posters of the 9650 in many of their stores.
    05-28-10 08:37 AM
    Yes, unfortunately Verizon wants to act like the phone doesn't exist.

The Bold what? 9650 how? No, never heard of it

The 9650 is listed as "Coming Soon" in their Spring/Summer catalog and there are giant posters of the 9650 in many of their stores.
    05-28-10 08:42 AM
    what spring/summer catalog? I didn't get my copy, nor have i seen it on VZW's site.
    05-28-10 10:42 AM
    Should be at your local Verizon store.

what spring/summer catalog? I didn't get my copy, nor have i seen it on VZW's site.
    05-28-10 11:23 AM
    Hmmm, it is more than obvious that some people are just fed up waiting for Verizon to get their act together so there are options. Meanwhile some of us just keep trying to understand what in the world Verizon is up to and why can't we at least get an official release date??????? Otherwise, stay tuned for June 8-10th.

Tourboy, why do you keep posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with the 9650 release date

Top 10 smartphones of 2010... for now

1: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

No other current smartphone can match the specifications of the Sprint HTC EVO 4G, and early reviews confirm it is really as good as the marketing materials say it should be.

2: Apple iPhone 3GS

I know we are getting close to one year since the 3GS was released, but it is still a fantastic device that is doing very well in sales, with updates that keep making it a good choice.

3: Nokia N8

The upcoming Nokia N8 is the first smartphone in the world to provide 5-band 3G support so that you can connect to 3G data networks on T-Mobile and AT&T in the United States, along with 3G networks around the world. This is truly the first world phone and has some compelling specifications that best anything currently available.

4: HTC Droid Incredible

One of the hottest phones available now that keeps selling out on Verizon Wireless is the HTC Droid Incredible. It is the fastest Google Android device, shoot, the fastest smartphone, I have ever used, and everyone I have talked to has been happy with the device.

5: Google Nexus One

The Google Nexus One was launched during CES 2010 in January, and I had mine delivered during the event. The Nexus One is the best smartphone on T-Mobile that is also now available to support AT&T’s 3G network.

6: Palm Pre Plus

The Palm Pre launched on Sprint last summer and it hasn’t ever really taken off, even though I think the operating system is the best currently available. Verizon really made the Pre Plus a compelling device when it dropped the price down to just $49.99 and threw in the $40 per month Mobile Hotspot functionality.

7: T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

My first Google Android device was the T-Mobile G1, and I found the QWERTY keyboard to be one of the best on any smartphone.

8: RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700

BlackBerry devices are very popular, but compared to the latest and greatest smartphones available I couldn’t justify putting one any higher than this in my own list of top 10. I think the BlackBerry Bold 9700 (9650 on CDMA carriers) is an exceptionally good BlackBerry device, and if you are a fan of RIM devices you really cannot go wrong with the new Bold series.

9: T-Mobile HTC HD2

The T-Mobile HTC HD2 has the best specifications of any Windows Mobile device, but unfortunately, awesome hardware and specifications don’t always make a device the best.

10: Motorola Droid

I know this device is several months old, but it really generated an extreme level of excitement for the Google Android platform. It is one of the few Google Android devices with a QWERTY keyboard and supports the thousands of Android apps with the Google Experience.
    05-28-10 12:50 PM
    I can't argue with the Palm Pre Plus being on that list. I really like WebOS and if the hardware was just a bit better it really would be giving Android a run for it's money.And that's not even including everything Verizon's offering for you to take a Palm off their hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 01:19 PM
    Hmmm, it is more than obvious that some people are just fed up waiting for Verizon to get their act together so there are options. Meanwhile some of us just keep trying to understand what in the world Verizon is up to and why can't we at least get an official release date??????? Otherwise, stay tuned for June 8-10th.

I just hope I'm sitting down when I finally see a post that states the 9650 is available for purchase from VZW!!! I really hope VZW's reasoning for the continuing delay in releasing this phone is a good one and I hope I never know the real reason as I'm trying to stay optimistic about the 'why'.....
    05-28-10 01:29 PM
    Launch date has been moved to June 3 for direct customers and in stores on June 10
    05-28-10 02:08 PM
    We can order online on June 3rd?
    05-28-10 02:11 PM
    according to other threads..no =/ lol
    05-28-10 02:16 PM
    Business customers reporting they can order online now for June 3 delivery and June 10 for store and consumer sales.
    05-28-10 02:29 PM
    In the business thread someone DID just post and say YES general population can order online june 3...business can RECEIVE orders by JUNE3 and everyone can walk in store by june 10

Does this make sense?
    05-28-10 02:29 PM
    Verizon Customers Want Their BlackBerry 9650. �What Gives?�

�Look, Verizon, we all know the BlackBerry Bold 9650 is coming to The Network.. it hasn�t been a heavily guarded secret on your part. So what gives? It has been a month since the device was announced, Sprint has already released it, and you are yet to even announce it!! I will leave Verizon for Sprint if you don�t release it soon!�

"Have you been saying comments like that? Are you frustrated at Verizon and/or RIM about the handling of the release of the 9650? I know I have heard my fair share of comments similar to these, I probably have even made some myself. At the end of the day, everyone just needs to take a deep breath. The fact of the matter is, Verizon hasn�t given us a release date let alone missed one. We know its coming, we just don�t know when. I can tell you that the warehouse we had previously shown you with no 9650�s in stock is still sitting at zero. It is common knowledge that Verizon has the strictest testing practice in the wireless industry, their testing is going to take some extra time. Also, don�t forget they have Skype and their PTT service to test on the device, Sprint did not. Take a deep breath guys, relax�the Bold 9650 will be released on Verizon soon enough."
    05-28-10 02:37 PM
23,186 ... 196197198199200 ...