So yesterday on the Verizon site, they showed the Tour as being "Sold Out." They also got rid of the Non-Camera Tour quite a while ago. So when I saw that the Tour was sold-out, I thought "YAY!"

Guess what? Both the Tour and the Non-Camera Tour are both back up for sale on the Verizon site as of today, which is their way of saying, "We still have a warehouse full of these outdated phones and we need to sell them before we're going to release any new versions. Suck on that customers!"

Thanks for NOTHING Verizon!
    05-27-10 02:49 PM
    It just doesn't make any sense...
    This is Verizon that we're talking about, there is a lot of things that they do or don't do that do not make sense. I've been holding onto a $100 NE2 since October waiting for the BBerry Bold 9650 so I am just as anxious as the rest of us to get one in my hands!
    05-27-10 02:52 PM
    Yeah, that all seems to vary by your area as the regular Tour has yet to ever show out of stock in my area.

So yesterday on the Verizon site, they showed the Tour as being "Sold Out." They also got rid of the Non-Camera Tour quite a while ago. So when I saw that the Tour was sold-out, I thought "YAY!"

Guess what? Both the Tour and the Non-Camera Tour are both back up for sale on the Verizon site as of today, which is their way of saying, "We still have a warehouse full of these outdated phones and we need to sell them before we're going to release any new versions. Suck on that customers!"

Thanks for NOTHING Verizon!
    05-27-10 03:44 PM
    Apparent rules for this forum:

Step 1: Post "VZW better release the 9650 tomorrow!"
    Step 2: Wait until tomorrow, and repeat Step 1.
    05-27-10 04:30 PM

While I would love to punch you in the face for that comment, it really was pretty funny.
    05-27-10 04:37 PM

LOL!!! Hilarious!!!
    05-27-10 04:39 PM
    While I would love to punch you in the face for that comment, it really was pretty funny.
    At this point, I'd gladly trade a punch to the face for a 9650. After all, I'm getting tired of the daily blows to the gut by VZW.
    05-27-10 04:42 PM
    Speculation on my part but maybe Verizon is waiting to launch it with OS 6? Since we've heard the 9650 will be compatible for it, maybe Verizon wants to launch with the new OS to compete with the slider that will appear on AT&T that already has OS 6 installed.

Just a thought.

I think I'm going to get the 9650 over the Evo, I just called Sprint and they said my SERO plan ($30 a month for essentially everything) will only have a $10/month charge added to it whereas the Evo would cost me $70/month. That's awesome.
    What IS SERO, exactly?
    05-27-10 05:32 PM
    That's what generally happens when the device is not out yet and the carrier (Verizon) won't announce an official release date...all rumored at this point.

No, people are complaining because some on here continue to post release dates that have no basis in reality.
    05-27-10 06:39 PM
    SERO was the Sprint Employee Referral Offer (the predecessor to the current Everyting Plus Referral Program). Essentially, if you knew a Sprint employee, you could get a discounted rate (unlimited data/texting, nights/weekend minutes starting at 8:00pm, unlimited Sprint-to-Sprint calling, and 500 anytime minutes) all for $30.

The Everything Plus Referral Program (Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program), you'll need the email address [email protected] and employee ID numbers of 383 to access it, is what Sprint offers now. The base individual plan on this is $59.99 a month for unlimited data/texting, unlimited mobile-to-mobile on any network, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7:00pm and 450 anytime minutes. It's awesome compared to any other networks plans. Now I'm not starting up an argument on which network is better but if Sprint service is decent in your area or where you travel to, my advice is just to give it a shot.

PS: I have no financial disclosures to make with regards to my statements above. Just trying to help out in this economy .
    That's very cool! Thank you for the information!
    05-27-10 06:41 PM
    Now this is pathetic if AT&T gets the 9800 before Verizon even gets the 9650.

A few weeks ago I let you know that AT&T and Sprint are rumored to get the BlackBerry Bold 9800 slider device this year, AT&T possibly in June. At the time it was known that AT&T would have an exclusivity deal on the Bold 9800 but the length of time was unknown. According to a tip received by the BerryFix, AT&T will be getting the BlackBerry slider in June with a 3 month exclusivity deal.

Exclusivity deals are definitely a pain if you�re not on the network that has it. Either way it looks like the Bold 9800 will be generally available in the United States this year (if the rumors hold up of course). Anyone excited for the first touchscreen / QWERTY keypad combination BlackBerry?
    05-27-10 08:01 PM
    Top 10 smartphones of 2010... for now

1: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

No other current smartphone can match the specifications of the Sprint HTC EVO 4G, and early reviews confirm it is really as good as the marketing materials say it should be.

2: Apple iPhone 3GS

I know we are getting close to one year since the 3GS was released, but it is still a fantastic device that is doing very well in sales, with updates that keep making it a good choice.

3: Nokia N8

The upcoming Nokia N8 is the first smartphone in the world to provide 5-band 3G support so that you can connect to 3G data networks on T-Mobile and AT&T in the United States, along with 3G networks around the world. This is truly the first world phone and has some compelling specifications that best anything currently available.

4: HTC Droid Incredible

One of the hottest phones available now that keeps selling out on Verizon Wireless is the HTC Droid Incredible. It is the fastest Google Android device, shoot, the fastest smartphone, I have ever used, and everyone I have talked to has been happy with the device.

5: Google Nexus One

The Google Nexus One was launched during CES 2010 in January, and I had mine delivered during the event. The Nexus One is the best smartphone on T-Mobile that is also now available to support AT&T�s 3G network.

6: Palm Pre Plus

The Palm Pre launched on Sprint last summer and it hasn�t ever really taken off, even though I think the operating system is the best currently available. Verizon really made the Pre Plus a compelling device when it dropped the price down to just $49.99 and threw in the $40 per month Mobile Hotspot functionality.

7: T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

My first Google Android device was the T-Mobile G1, and I found the QWERTY keyboard to be one of the best on any smartphone.

8: RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700

BlackBerry devices are very popular, but compared to the latest and greatest smartphones available I couldn�t justify putting one any higher than this in my own list of top 10. I think the BlackBerry Bold 9700 (9650 on CDMA carriers) is an exceptionally good BlackBerry device, and if you are a fan of RIM devices you really cannot go wrong with the new Bold series.

9: T-Mobile HTC HD2

The T-Mobile HTC HD2 has the best specifications of any Windows Mobile device, but unfortunately, awesome hardware and specifications don�t always make a device the best.

10: Motorola Droid

I know this device is several months old, but it really generated an extreme level of excitement for the Google Android platform. It is one of the few Google Android devices with a QWERTY keyboard and supports the thousands of Android apps with the Google Experience.
    05-27-10 09:15 PM
    Tourboy, why do you keep posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with the 9650 release date
    05-27-10 09:21 PM
    Anytime. Thinking about jumping carriers?
    Yeah. Ideally I'd prefer to stay with Verizon since the majority of the people I talk to have it, and do not have unlimited texting so if I were to be on a different carrier it would cost them an arm and a leg. I'm just tired of waiting for a phone because Verizon has to "fix" it. If it needed to be "fixed" it wouldn't be out on Sprint already.
    05-27-10 11:03 PM
    I remember the time when I thought it would be ridiculous if Verizon didn't release this phone by the end of March, and look where we are now.
    05-27-10 11:11 PM
    I remember the time when I thought it would be ridiculous if Verizon didn't release this phone by the end of March, and look where we are now.
    LOL! Exactly! Now I spend all of my time here and browsing Google to see if there's anything new. :/

Not to add in any possible discourse, but through Google I found this:
    Verizon Training Employees On BlackBerry Bold 9650 | BerryScoop
    If you look in the comments, there's another speculated release date we can shift to.
    05-27-10 11:13 PM
    Tourboy, why do you keep posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with the 9650 release date
    LOL. as I wonder the exact same thing.
    05-27-10 11:33 PM
    Yeah. Ideally I'd prefer to stay with Verizon since the majority of the people I talk to have it, and do not have unlimited texting so if I were to be on a different carrier it would cost them an arm and a leg. I'm just tired of waiting for a phone because Verizon has to "fix" it. If it needed to be "fixed" it wouldn't be out on Sprint already.
    I agree. For me its about 50/50. I wish I could switch to Sprint as I thought about it last year. If I did I'd at least I'd have the 9650 now. I hate vzw's texting offers. Stupid allowances and if you want unlimited its obvously more than Sprint. And lets not forget how not to long ago vzw has financially constricted its customers worse off with their increase in ETF for smartphone users. That's another reason to consider about jumping ship. But if you have the money you might as well. And doesnt Sprint now offer a deal if you trade in any blackberry you get a free one by them? I forget which though.
    05-27-10 11:52 PM
    Now this is pathetic if AT&T gets the 9800 before Verizon even gets the 9650.

A few weeks ago I let you know that AT&T and Sprint are rumored to get the BlackBerry Bold 9800 slider device this year, AT&T possibly in June. At the time it was known that AT&T would have an exclusivity deal on the Bold 9800 but the length of time was unknown. According to a tip received by the BerryFix, AT&T will be getting the BlackBerry slider in June with a 3 month exclusivity deal.

Exclusivity deals are definitely a pain if you�re not on the network that has it. Either way it looks like the Bold 9800 will be generally available in the United States this year (if the rumors hold up of course). Anyone excited for the first touchscreen / QWERTY keypad combination BlackBerry?
    Very pathetic. But like I said before, maybe vzw has a storm 3 in the works for this christmas or sometime next year AND with the OS 6???
    05-27-10 11:55 PM
    Thank you. At what point will Tourboy be satisfied with his post count so he can stop clogging this thread with useless chatter?

This is off-topic, but what's wrong with a little hypocrisy on my part? For everyone who is frustrated or wants a good laugh at Verizon's expense, please spend three minutes of your time with your head deeply buried in your hands, desk, or keyboard:
    05-28-10 12:24 AM
    Very pathetic. But like I said before, maybe vzw has a storm 3 in the works for this christmas or sometime next year AND with the OS 6???
    I'd be so much more generous with my positive sentiments if this prediction were coupled with the actual release of the 9650 right now. In the absence of releasing a phone that's arguably already a year past due, I can't be very charitable towards Verizon. I love my 8330 and it leaves little to desire (Wi-Fi would be nice), but by the time the 9650 is released, people will be expecting it to do everything but oral.
    05-28-10 12:32 AM
    I'm seriously so pissed off over how VZ is handling the release of this phone. It's absolutely inexcusable at this point. First of all, it's not hard to release THE SAME PHONE WITH 3 UPGRADES!!! It was supposed to come out in February for ****'s sake. But all that aside, SPRINT ALREADY RELEASED THE DAMN PHONE. And VZ? Not even an official announcement.

This is a joke....VZ get your **** together.
    05-28-10 12:33 AM
    I'm seriously so pissed off over how VZ is handling the release of this phone. It's absolutely inexcusable at this point. First of all, it's not hard to release THE SAME PHONE WITH 3 UPGRADES!!! It was supposed to come out in February for ****'s sake. But all that aside, SPRINT ALREADY RELEASED THE DAMN PHONE. And VZ? Not even an official announcement.

This is a joke....VZ get your **** together.
    Can you explain how VZW is "Handling the release"?

Who said the phone was supposed to come out? I don't think VZW has ever acknowledged the phone.

I think they are going to skip this release (the 9650) and wait for the 9750.... Why,,,, Because it's 100 more... that's why..
    05-28-10 02:16 AM
    just saying Congrats on the 5k mark before VZW has even announced the phone.
    05-28-10 02:59 AM
    Well, the Friday before a holiday looks like there is very little chance of much news at this point.

So June 8-10 is our next expected Verizon release date?
    05-28-10 05:47 AM
23,186 ... 195196197198199 ...