That would had been a problem since I was the only one in the store; the place was a ghost town....3 people working there and they all jumped the minute I walked in the door as if they hadn't seen a customer all day. Asked them to see the 9650, I looked it over, then put it down and one of the guys yelled you might want to wait for the EVO 4G coming out the first week of July.
    I just want this thing to come out. :/ There are so many conflicting stories now it's ridiculous. 26th, 27th, MDW, June 17th. It'd be nice to get a definitive date.
    05-25-10 08:39 PM
    Wherever you are has zero bars on VZW and you turn to ATT for relief? Uh, yeah, good luck with that, buddy...
    And best of luck to you with your reading disability.
    05-25-10 08:51 PM
    46 more posts to go to hit 5000. Come on folks, we're in the home stretch. Don't fade out just before the finish line...er launch date!
    05-25-10 09:14 PM
    I think the Slider is going to be a great Blackberry, no doubt about that. Its only for AT&T though as far as I know though, and I would never switch to AT&T though for that phone. The video looks impressive, but I dont do well with touch screens though and I'm not a huge fan of sliders, but the phone does look good and looks love how fast the webkit browser is! can't wait for 6.0 to finally come to the Bold!
    Totally agree� as I was posting I was thinking I can�t believe at&t is getting yet another cool device that isn�t even on CDMA carriers� radar. Never gonna switch to at&t so still waiting for that 9650 � a ramped up Tour is not a bad thing. Especially with 6.0.
    05-25-10 09:23 PM
    We might hit 6000 before Verizon releases this phone. Hopefully not though!
    05-25-10 09:24 PM
    Ok guys quick question for everybody. I know there have been quite a few people saying the phone will come out in mid to late June or even July. My problem with that statement is that they are already training on the phone. Are they going to train on the phone for a few days and then not sell it in stores for a month? I'm not saying those estimates of late June/July are wrong, I'm just trying to look at some different facts available.
    05-25-10 09:40 PM
    They will have to re-train... there'll be some turnover before then, and those left behind will have forgotten...
    05-25-10 09:48 PM
    A July release date sounds horrible. I really can't see why Verizon would release the 9650 any later than the middle of June.
    05-25-10 10:05 PM
    I've heard July which lines up with Dr. C's intel - ie. this will be at least two more weeks. Plus, who cares about the "Tour 2" when the 9800 slider is around the corner... Has everyone seen that vid posted on youtube? WOW. OS looks great... Responsive touch screen to compete with the iPod weenies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cough.. Only for AT&T.. And honestly, from the video seen... It looked extremely awkward from a user standpoint.. You try and slide the screen in one place to make something happen, and something else completely different happens... Either the person in the video using it was extremely stupid or the OS is still extremely buggy on the new slider's touchscreen. Either way, I'm on Verizon.. Not going to AT&T or I would probably get the 9700. I'm honestly not very impressed with the slider and i don't know how many people if any are with me.. But I have a LG Dare right now... I am DONE with touchscreens for a WHILE. The Slider just looks kind of clunky and not my taste whatsoever... I love how the bold 9700/tour 9630/bold 9650 look. I honestly dislike the slider very much, but than again my opinion might change if I actually held it and played around with it.

ANYWAYS the point i'm getting at is, the BOLD 9650 WILL GET OS6 so using the line "OMGOMGOMG SLIDER OS6 THAT PHONE WILL BE AWESOME BECAUSE OF THAT" doesn't really make much sense because other Blackberries will get it aswell. AND secondly.. I HAVE VERIZON as much as I would want the slider maybe if i played with it and it completely did a 180 turn on the feelings i have towards it doesn't matter.. I'm not going to AT&T for a a phone.. and for that matter, probably extremely buggy phone seeing as it is a touch screen AND full qwerty keyboard, which is a complete wait whatttttttttt from RIM so PREPARE for more issues than you can ever imagine on that phone.. But hey, maybe im wrong and the slider might be awesome but I am sticking with the 9650 and the slider doesn't exactly tickle my fancy..

DOES ANYONE agree with me from the standpoint that the Slider isn't going to be all that great? I'd assume most people might just flame me because a bunch of people are pretty excited about it but hey its just my opinion and I am again trying to just vent to my fellow blackberry users until the 9650 comes out. And hey, watch the video of the slider in action that just came out the other day again.. It seemed to be running very buggy which is understandable of course but the bugs seem to be coming from the touch screen aspect where as using a trackpad and qwerty would not encounter many of the issues the video seemed to have.

All I want is some input that is kinda back on the subject of the 9650 so someone please just be nice about what I said because again, I am not flaming the Slider or even saying I HATE it.. I'm merely just saying that it doesn't tickle my fancy and I'm not going to AT&T for it even if I did fall in love with it once i held and played with it.

THE END of my kinda rantish idk? Hope some of you guys read it and have some input
    05-25-10 10:51 PM
    sliders are popular.. but i dont know why everyone is getting hung up on the slider being on ATT... six months later, the os will be refined and stable, and the slider will be on sprint or verizon.. or there will be a storm 3 or something else...

There will ALWAYS be something better coming along..

like for VZ at the moment its the 9650 ... sorry!!! j/k
    05-26-10 05:30 AM
    I still can't believe you guys expected a release this week. Our most reliable source has been saying June for MONTHS now but you guys still ignore it.
    Why? The only internal Verizon document we've seen with a "launch date" showed May 27. Of course, that was from a month or so ago, before Verizon may have changed it again.
    05-26-10 06:40 AM
    Good luck! In my area, its the other way around with AT&T having VERY POOR coverage and Verizon is the only solid carrier with the best coverage.

Ordered a 9700 last night, goodbye VZW with zero bars where I need it, goodbye never ending Essex release date thread.

Oh, BTW, the Bold 9650 will officially be released by VZW on September 30th, I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT because I just made it up with no input from anyone who knows anything which makes it every bit as accurate as the 4943previous posts!

Ya'all have a good time, now, ya hear?
    05-26-10 06:49 AM
    Today is not looking good; just checked Testman (not sure how accurate it is at this point) and no sign of the 9650. Though we all these "training" updates, tomorrow is looking questionable too.

05-26-10 09:15 AM
    Today is not looking good..........

Of course today's looking good. We're almost at 5000 posts.With a little effort and whining we should be able to reach that goal by the end of today.
    05-26-10 09:24 AM
    HA! HA! HA!

Though this sounds interesting, have heard coming soon and all, but never Launch Imminent
    05-26-10 09:32 AM
    Ugh.... What does this have to do with the release date?
    who cares.. it was nice reading while we wait.
    05-26-10 09:49 AM
    HA! HA! HA!

Though this sounds interesting, have heard coming soon and all, but never Launch Imminent
    Kinda like all our collective emotions, right?
    Launch Imminent...HAHA
    05-26-10 09:57 AM
    05-26-10 10:00 AM
    HA! HA! HA!

That paper works been been ready for awhile
    The question who is letting it slip into the public eye.
    Rim of course ,it takes the blame off them.
    Its their fault lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-26-10 at 10:07 AM.
    05-26-10 10:03 AM
    Sweet!
    The crying will come to end
    05-26-10 10:10 AM
    I have been lurking for several months now but this is my first actual post. I just have a few thoughts.

For the most part, I have been pretty patient waiting for this phone. It seemed like the most reliable sources said this phone wouldnt be out until late May. I am afraid of touch screens and had originally decided on getting the 8530 before reading about this phone and OS 6.0. I just didnt want to get locked in for two years on a Curve that might end up driving me crazy for the last 6 months of my contract. I let my brother use the upgrade I had for April on our family plan and said I could just wait until late-May for the Bold.

Verizon can do what they want as far as announcing this thing. Im not a businessman or major and I dont have any expertise on marketing. What bothers me, though, is that it isnt about them keeping us in the dark while we wait. In the absence of actual, official information from Verizon, we are getting misinformation, which I think is unfair. I dont mean Boygeniusreport or whatever other sites there are that speculate. I have been to three different verizon stores, and gotten three different sets of information from people who work for verizon. This isnt the fault of CSR's.

I dont even have a smartphone right now, and I am not sure how much longer I can go without one. My work requires me so stay up with three different email addresses, and I drive around town a bit. If I haven't heard anything by Sunday that is definitive about this phone I will have to decide between Palm Pre, some form of the droid, or the curve, all of which were options several months ago.

Bottom line is, I felt real good about this coming out of WES, but I'm really turned off by how they have left the CSR's, and by extention, the consumers, in the dark about this
    05-26-10 10:34 AM
    davidz,
    very eloquently spoken!
    I think many of us here, the silent and those not-so-silent (me included!) agree with you. We can understand having to wait for one reason or another, but give us a number to shoot for, right?
    I appreciate your frustration.
    05-26-10 10:41 AM
    You nailed it!

Still cannot understand why Verizon hasn't said the 9650 will release on ??

Either they didn't want to quote a specific date in case it need to change for some reason, but this device has been in the making now for over 6 months. Heck on the 9650, when does it's replacement come out?

We can understand having to wait for one reason or another, but give us a number to shoot for, right?
    I appreciate your frustration.
    05-26-10 11:19 AM
    I have been posting since the 14th of May stating that "May 27th!!!" I just found out that I am wrong. I wish I wasn't but I am. Today I have learned that it has been pushed back yet again due to "specific device priority agreements" and tentatively now early June! I hate this.... Sorry for the bad news.
    05-26-10 11:35 AM
    I have been posting since the 14th of May stating that "May 27th!!!" I just found out that I am wrong. I wish I wasn't but I am. Today I have learned that it has been pushed back yet again due to "specific device priority agreements" and tentatively now early June! I hate this.... Sorry for the bad news.
    Hopefully thats next week. that wouldn't be too bad.
    05-26-10 11:41 AM
23,186 ... 191192193194195 ...