Are they releasing that one in the store then or what? The could announce the 9650, still hard to believe they haven't even announced it yet, on Wed and make it available online, then in stores a couple of days later?

i wish, but i doubt it, vzw just announced that they will be releasing the lg fathom a world phone running on windows os on May 27th. i doubt they will release two world devices let alone 2 smart phones on the same day.
    05-24-10 03:41 PM
    Are they releasing that one in the store then or what? The could announce the 9650, still hard to believe they haven't even announced it yet, on Wed and make it available online, then in stores a couple of days later?
    i am pretty sure thats what is happening, LG Fathom gets official on Verizon Wireless � Boy Genius Report
    05-24-10 06:51 PM
    Guys it's going to be a June release
    05-24-10 06:57 PM
    looking more and more like a June release to me too
    05-24-10 06:58 PM
    Hopefully not because an online May 26th or 27th release would be sweet.
    05-24-10 07:42 PM
    Hopefully will be like it was for Sprint; May 26th (or 27th) will be th online release and then the first week of June it will be available in stores...stay tuned

Hopefully not because an online May 26th or 27th release would be sweet.
    05-24-10 07:43 PM
    For the record... I am a loyal Verizon customer and have been waiting for this phone since the beginning rumors.. andddddddddd Hah well I went to the mall today... Went over to the sprint store... "Hello, do you have the Bold 9650 on display?"(seeing as I didn't see it I asked of course) We actually don't but we have a non working model right here... Hands it over to me (nothing worked of course like it was a fake screen picture or w.e but the size and weight was real)

I honestly screwed myself over so bad.. JUST HOW IT FEELS IN MY HANDS... It had no cords or anything in it so it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible! I was sooo patient justtttt waiting, seeing as it should be out soon.. But when I asked Verizon right after, they played the whole "I dun knowwwwwwwwwwww anyfing about dat fone ryght dere" card causing me to almost cry... Holding that damn phone in my hands!!!!! It just feels so right!! (I was kinda iffy about getting this phone because i loved how the 9700 felt and I was worried that this one would be too big) but I thought wrong.. I want this phone SOOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDD }:
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-24-10 at 10:12 PM.
    05-24-10 10:06 PM
    I know how you feel, I have been waiting since late December. I am not going to be a bit dissapointed in this phone!
    05-24-10 10:57 PM
    I will be so glad when you guys get this phone. I feel so sorry for you all with your hopes being dashed each and every day.
    05-24-10 11:01 PM
    I know how you feel, I have been waiting since late December. I am not going to be a bit dissapointed in this phone!
    Know what you mean and really feel for all my fellow Verizon indentured servants. My NE2 was up in the first week of December, but I held off on picking up the Motorola Droid thinking that the T2 would be out in late January/early February. Months later, the Verizon version T2/now Bold is STILL not for sale. I was really counting on having it before an event this coming weekend, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen....
    05-25-10 06:14 AM
    Sounds like you and I have been in the same boat of waiting for months and months and months...."it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible!"

How is it any different than the 9630? Can you elaborate?

For the record... I am a loyal Verizon customer and have been waiting for this phone since the beginning rumors.. andddddddddd Hah well I went to the mall today... Went over to the sprint store... "Hello, do you have the Bold 9650 on display?"(seeing as I didn't see it I asked of course) We actually don't but we have a non working model right here... Hands it over to me (nothing worked of course like it was a fake screen picture or w.e but the size and weight was real)

I honestly screwed myself over so bad.. JUST HOW IT FEELS IN MY HANDS... It had no cords or anything in it so it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible! I was sooo patient justtttt waiting, seeing as it should be out soon.. But when I asked Verizon right after, they played the whole "I dun knowwwwwwwwwwww anyfing about dat fone ryght dere" card causing me to almost cry... Holding that damn phone in my hands!!!!! It just feels so right!! (I was kinda iffy about getting this phone because i loved how the 9700 felt and I was worried that this one would be too big) but I thought wrong.. I want this phone SOOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDD }:
    Last edited by tourboy; 05-25-10 at 08:26 AM.
    05-25-10 07:42 AM
    Went over to the sprint store... "Hello, do you have the Bold 9650 on display?"(seeing as I didn't see it I asked of course) We actually don't but we have a non working model right here... Hands it over to me (nothing worked of course like it was a fake screen picture or w.e but the size and weight was real)

I honestly screwed myself over so bad.. JUST HOW IT FEELS IN MY HANDS... It had no cords or anything in it so it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible!
    That's a great idea, I think I'll also be visiting my local Sprint store on my lunch hour today. Hopefully I get the same feeling with it in my hands.
    05-25-10 08:22 AM

Ok, you just made me like melt at my desk....it's not fair!!!!
    I need this phone sooo bad and now that you described it that way, I am drooling...thanks a lot man!!!!! Really thanks!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
    05-25-10 08:59 AM
    Me too!

But still curious about the following in relation to the 9630 "it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible!"

Ok, you just made me like melt at my desk....it's not fair!!!!
    I need this phone sooo bad and now that you described it that way, I am drooling...thanks a lot man!!!!! Really thanks!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
    05-25-10 09:12 AM
    Guys.... I have a pearl... its a POS.... It has been needing constant battery pulls since it was time for my upgrade LAST OCTOBER.... I held off on getting the Tour with the pretense that I would be getting the bold for Christmas.... Silly me.... its been 8 TOUGH months going on 9.... I dont know how much longer I can hang on....
    05-25-10 09:21 AM
    Guys.... I have a pearl... its a POS.... It has been needing constant battery pulls since it was time for my upgrade LAST OCTOBER.... I held off on getting the Tour with the pretense that I would be getting the bold for Christmas.... Silly me.... its been 8 TOUGH months going on 9.... I dont know how much longer I can hang on....
    I feel your pain! I purchased the Tour and it came with a bad trackball, had it replaced and soon thereafter the trackball went bad, and the cycle just keeps repeating! This last phone I've now had for 5 months but half the time the trackball doesn't work and I can't get my e-mails or texts. It is sooooo frustrating!!! I am hanging on by a very thin piece of thread....
    05-25-10 10:38 AM
    Sounds like you and I have been in the same boat of waiting for months and months and months...."it was the actual phone just in my hands and it just felt so perfect... the size and weight and back cover.. It was just incredible!"

How is it any different than the 9630? Can you elaborate?
    Well, first of all:
    1.) I have never had a BlackBerry before so this will be my first.

2.) I have never held a tour that wasn't all jumbled up in the connections when it is on display at the store... So actually holding the phone with nothing hanging off of it just felt like it should feel and i really just got the full experience from it.

3.) I don't know... Again, I was kinda angry that the back cover wasn't going to be the fakish leather like on the 9700, because I REALLY liked how that looked.. But after holding it.. just the way it felt in my hand was just nice.

4.) I can't speak for anyone that has/held a tour 9630 because I guess they are kinda the same.. But i think it might be the track pad idk.. there is just something that makes the 9650 look a lot nicer than the 9630 when i held them next to each other at the sprint store.

5.) Lastly, All of those pictures that everyone is uploading with their new Sprint 9650.. Honestly doesn't do it justice at all.. You need to physically hold one in your hands to see what it is like.. no picture can do that... I was kinda just like meh cool after seeing all of the pictures.. But after HOLDING it in my hands.. I am even more excited than I was 5 months ago...

So mainly, I was IN LOVE with the 9700 and would have taken that phone over the 9650 in a heart beat a few months, even weeks ago... But I am slowly figuring out that I will like the 9650 wayyyyy better than the 9700 because it really isn't much bigger which was a big worry of mine.

Hah I love venting about this phone.. it really calms me down strangely.. As long as i can talk about it, I think i am okay. But if I have to wait any longer than June than I'll be crushed.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-25-10 at 11:05 AM.
    05-25-10 11:02 AM
    All sounds great...hopefully 2 days (maybe 1) and counting....

A surprising review:

Well, first of all:
    1.) I have never had a BlackBerry before so this will be my first.

2.) I have never held a tour that wasn't all jumbled up in the connections when it is on display at the store... So actually holding the phone with nothing hanging off of it just felt like it should feel and i really just got the full experience from it.

3.) I don't know... Again, I was kinda angry that the back cover wasn't going to be the fakish leather like on the 9700, because I REALLY liked how that looked.. But after holding it.. just the way it felt in my hand was just nice.

4.) I can't speak for anyone that has/held a tour 9630 because I guess they are kinda the same.. But i think it might be the track pad idk.. there is just something that makes the 9650 look a lot nicer than the 9630 when i held them next to each other at the sprint store.

5.) Lastly, All of those pictures that everyone is uploading with their new Sprint 9650.. Honestly doesn't do it justice at all.. You need to physically hold one in your hands to see what it is like.. no picture can do that... I was kinda just like meh cool after seeing all of the pictures.. But after HOLDING it in my hands.. I am even more excited than I was 5 months ago...

So mainly, I was IN LOVE with the 9700 and would have taken that phone over the 9650 in a heart beat a few months, even weeks ago... But I am slowly figuring out that I will like the 9650 wayyyyy better than the 9700 because it really isn't much bigger which was a big worry of mine.

Hah I love venting about this phone.. it really calms me down strangely.. As long as i can talk about it, I think i am okay. But if I have to wait any longer than June than I'll be crushed.
    Last edited by tourboy; 05-25-10 at 12:46 PM.
    05-25-10 12:38 PM
    All sounds great...hopefully 2 days (maybe 1) and counting....

A surprising review:

More in-depth written version of the review is available at

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 Review (Phone Arena Reviews)
    05-25-10 01:16 PM
    Is it me, or were they just feeling "so-so" about the phone...kind of like they were expecting more? Their review sounded like they have caught up to the competition instead of catapulting ahead and being the leader.

Interesting size comparison:

More in-depth written version of the review is available at

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 Review (Phone Arena Reviews)
    05-25-10 01:43 PM
    No, it definitely wasn't just you. The reviewer was very ambivalent about the device in the video and in the written article. Good device, but no innovation; go for the EVO for the cost. If RIM doesn't make some serious changes in upcoming devices, this so-so review will only be a precursor to future negative reviews as they fall farther and farther behind Android, Apple, and other competitors who are taking chances.
    05-25-10 01:55 PM
    Good point! Though I think he also nailed it about the comment concerning the price of the 9650.

I am off to my local Sprint store this afternoon to check it out!

No, it definitely wasn't just you. The reviewer was very ambivalent about the device in the video and in the written article. Good device, but no innovation; go for the EVO for the cost. If RIM doesn't make some serious changes in upcoming devices, this so-so review will only be a precursor to future negative reviews as they fall farther and farther behind Android, Apple, and other competitors who are taking chances.
    05-25-10 01:59 PM
    Here was their conclusion between the Bold 9650 and Incredible:

Bold 9650:

Pros

* Continues the Tour�s tradition of top-notch hardware and build quality
    * International roaming capabilities
    * Wi-Fi and optical trackpad are welcome upgrades

Cons

* Call quality could be better
    * This is just more of the same from RIM

Conclusion:

The Tour has been our favorite BlackBerry to date and the RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 is a Tour with Wi-Fi, a trackpad and more memory� in other words, a better Tour. Still, we�re underwhelmed. The Tour offered significant advantages over its predecessors, namely the 8830, Curve 8330 and Bold 9000, but this new Bold is simply a refresh which adds otherwise standard BlackBerry features. Furthermore Sprint is currently asking $200 for the Bold 9650 on contract, a 100% premium over the outgoing Tour and a whopping four times the price of the very well endowed Curve 8530. Sure, the Curve�s display and keyboard aren�t as nice and the camera is lower spec�d, but when it comes down to it, the guts are pretty much the same. Let�s face it, a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry (unless it�s a Storm, in which case sorry about your luck.) We just can�t see people choosing the Bold over the Tour as long as the latter is available, and unless you need international roaming we don�t see people paying the $150 premium for a nicer keyboard and display over the Curve. Moreover, we shouldn't forget that the monstrous HTC EVO 4G is right around the corner. Of course, some would prefer the physical QWERTY of the BlackBerry, or would need its BES support, but as both handsets come at the same price we believe the Android-powered EVO 4G is a much more tempting offer overall. We�ve been saying this for what seems like years now, but BlackBerry is in a rut and now more than ever they need a device that is different to break them out of it. The BlackBerry Bold 9650 is just the latest in a string of good but boring offerings from RIM.

PA rating:

* Design 9.5
    * Display 7.75
    * Camera 7.5
    * Sound Quality 8
    * Battery 8
    * Connectivity 8.25
    * Multimedia 8.5
    * Organizer 10

Rating: Excellent; 8.5 out of 10

HTC Incredible:

Pros

* Stunning AMOLED display
    * Sense UI
    * Superior web browsing experience
    * Powerful speaker phone
    * Excellent calling quality

Cons

* Uninspiring design
    * Somewhat cheap feel
    * Lacking headphones in the box

Conclusion:

There were many incredible aspects that we were able to experience with the device that ultimately shows HTC's continuation in being a leader in the Android world. With two similar handsets already out on the market, the Nexus One and Desire, the Droid Incredible manages to follow suit more with the latter of the two. Unfortunately, the minimalistic design approach is the one glaringly eye sore that hinders the Droid Incredible to be elevated to a level beyond its brothers, and with the HTC EVO 4G on the horizon, it'll have a small window of opportunity to make its impact. Verizon customers are once again being treated to the best Android phone to hit the US market � easily supplanting itself as the premier offering on their lineup; even when the Nexus One finally arrives on the scene. In the end, Verizon and HTC will clearly make out well on both ends as they both become the driving forces for Android's ubiquitous appeal.

PA rating

* Design 6.5
    * Display 9
    * Camera 8
    * Sound Quality 8.5
    * Battery 7.5
    * Connectivity 9.5
    * Multimedia 9
    * Organizer 10

Rating: Excellent; 8.8 out of 10
    05-25-10 04:38 PM
    Here was their conclusion between the Bold 9650 and Incredible:

Bold 9650:

Pros

* Continues the Tour�s tradition of top-notch hardware and build quality
    * International roaming capabilities
    * Wi-Fi and optical trackpad are welcome upgrades

Cons

* Call quality could be better
    * This is just more of the same from RIM

Conclusion:

The Tour has been our favorite BlackBerry to date and the RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 is a Tour with Wi-Fi, a trackpad and more memory� in other words, a better Tour. Still, we�re underwhelmed. The Tour offered significant advantages over its predecessors, namely the 8830, Curve 8330 and Bold 9000, but this new Bold is simply a refresh which adds otherwise standard BlackBerry features. Furthermore Sprint is currently asking $200 for the Bold 9650 on contract, a 100% premium over the outgoing Tour and a whopping four times the price of the very well endowed Curve 8530. Sure, the Curve�s display and keyboard aren�t as nice and the camera is lower spec�d, but when it comes down to it, the guts are pretty much the same. Let�s face it, a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry (unless it�s a Storm, in which case sorry about your luck.) We just can�t see people choosing the Bold over the Tour as long as the latter is available, and unless you need international roaming we don�t see people paying the $150 premium for a nicer keyboard and display over the Curve. Moreover, we shouldn't forget that the monstrous HTC EVO 4G is right around the corner. Of course, some would prefer the physical QWERTY of the BlackBerry, or would need its BES support, but as both handsets come at the same price we believe the Android-powered EVO 4G is a much more tempting offer overall. We�ve been saying this for what seems like years now, but BlackBerry is in a rut and now more than ever they need a device that is different to break them out of it. The BlackBerry Bold 9650 is just the latest in a string of good but boring offerings from RIM.

PA rating:

* Design 9.5
    * Display 7.75
    * Camera 7.5
    * Sound Quality 8
    * Battery 8
    * Connectivity 8.25
    * Multimedia 8.5
    * Organizer 10

Rating: Excellent; 8.5 out of 10

HTC Incredible:

Pros

* Stunning AMOLED display
    * Sense UI
    * Superior web browsing experience
    * Powerful speaker phone
    * Excellent calling quality

Cons

* Uninspiring design
    * Somewhat cheap feel
    * Lacking headphones in the box

Conclusion:

There were many incredible aspects that we were able to experience with the device that ultimately shows HTC's continuation in being a leader in the Android world. With two similar handsets already out on the market, the Nexus One and Desire, the Droid Incredible manages to follow suit more with the latter of the two. Unfortunately, the minimalistic design approach is the one glaringly eye sore that hinders the Droid Incredible to be elevated to a level beyond its brothers, and with the HTC EVO 4G on the horizon, it'll have a small window of opportunity to make its impact. Verizon customers are once again being treated to the best Android phone to hit the US market � easily supplanting itself as the premier offering on their lineup; even when the Nexus One finally arrives on the scene. In the end, Verizon and HTC will clearly make out well on both ends as they both become the driving forces for Android's ubiquitous appeal.

PA rating

* Design 6.5
    * Display 9
    * Camera 8
    * Sound Quality 8.5
    * Battery 7.5
    * Connectivity 9.5
    * Multimedia 9
    * Organizer 10

Rating: Excellent; 8.8 out of 10
    Ugh.... What does this have to do with the release date?
    05-25-10 04:40 PM
    Ugh.... What does this have to do with the release date?
    x2... I dont know why he post what he does sometimes...no clue what he is thinking though. A lot of his post are everywhere and doesn't have to do with the thread itself in a lot of them
    05-25-10 04:46 PM
23,186 ... 189190191192193 ...