You've got to be kidding. I don't know what OS your old 8330 was running on,but if you say so.
    VZW initially, then multiple OS 5 Hybrids. Never needed a battery pull other than installing a new OS.

And whereever your sister lives must be in the desert or somewhere because since when/where does VZW have a dead zone? lol.
    Lake San Marcos, California, hardly a desert but a known VZW dead spot.

And since when is VZW and T-Mo getting a white 9630?
    GENUINE FASCIA COVER HOUSING BlackBerry Tour 9630 WHITE - eBay (item 260540373622 end time Jun-18-10 08:17:35 PDT)

This and a new screen are the result of the dog using the 9630 as a chew toy.

The phone works but the cosmetic damage is pretty severe.
    Last edited by xs11e; 05-22-10 at 11:25 PM.
    05-22-10 11:23 PM
    05-23-10 06:07 AM
    Good point! If I had my Sprint 9650 already, I sure wouldn't see the need to hang around in a Verizon Release Date thread to harass others.

AND??????? Still rubbing it in our faces Oh and you confuse me with this post and what you said in post 4756.
    05-23-10 07:10 AM
    Looks like a nice housing kit.
    I hope so, it hasn't come yet. I got the replacement screen a couple of day ago and I'm eager to install it but I'm waiting for the housing to arrive. I hope it shows up on Monday.
    05-23-10 09:32 AM
    If you say so Bad luck in that area I guess or some kind of interference. Oh and I might as well as include this. I was in Maui recently and I had a signal on top of haleakala mountain at around 6,000 ft. I was able to call, text, and bbm. No lie, and at that moment I felt proud being a VZW customer and well satisfied that I was getting what I was paying for.
    Mount Haleakala = super tourist attraction. If there weren't a cell tower there, there would be mutiny. I had Verizon cell service there 8 years ago when I visited. Personally, Verizon could charge whatever they wanted (to a point, of course) and I'd remain a customer. I have over 10 years of loyalty and there have been countless occasions where Cingular/AT&T customers have asked me to borrow my phone. That hasn't happened as much lately, but I was asked at least twice by my friend with T-Mo to borrow my phone.
    Last edited by ifhts; 05-23-10 at 09:45 AM.
    05-23-10 09:42 AM
    Good point! If I had my Sprint 9650 already, I sure wouldn't see the need to hang around in a Verizon Release Date thread to harass others.
    Maybe he is just continuing with the momentum he gained prior to the phone's release. He isn't unwelcome here, is he? Far be it for you to make that decision.
    05-23-10 09:46 AM
    Has anyone installed Dragon for Email yet on their 9650? I am very interested in speech recognition and have heard this works great on the Incredible, but for the 9650, there is just the Dragon app for Email.
    Thanks for the Heads up. this app works great on the 9630..
    05-23-10 10:45 AM
    He isn't unwelcome here, is he?
    Of course he isn't but mean spirited, gloating posts are unwelcome here and maybe mi_canuck should have refrained from posting (although after dozens of "VZW always gets new phones first" posts I can understand Sprint customers doing a little 'rubbing it in'.) If I were a loyal Sprint customer I might have done the same!

I'm unbiased as I'm neither a loyal nor a happy VZW customer as VZW does NOT provide coverage in all the places that I need my phone to work but neither does any other carrier. <sigh>

NOTE: Coverage maps LIE!
    05-23-10 11:15 AM
    Oh by no means, but simple bashing others for their enthusiasm really says alot about an individual don't you think? Seems like there is a little bit of jealousy for us Verizon customers is the only thing I can think of.

Maybe he is just continuing with the momentum he gained prior to the phone's release. He isn't unwelcome here, is he? Far be it for you to make that decision.
    05-23-10 12:04 PM
    I think anyone who reads this entire thread, as I have done from Day One, will see and be able to make up their own mind what HE (Canuck) is all about. Pretty much all his posts are alike...they all have the same tone. You need to learn to take then the same way I did.

In this thread, every time I make a comment about what I see, I get told to "loosen up, Francis" (who's Francis btw????) or "Too bad you didn't see the humor in that comment" so I won't post what I am thinking....

I might wait until I finish this bottle of merlot here and a few more topamax and see where that leads me....
    05-23-10 12:13 PM

I think anyone who reads this entire thread, as I have done from Day One, will see and be able to make up their own mind what HE (Canuck) is all about. Pretty much all his posts are alike...they all have the same tone. You need to learn to take then the same way I did.

In this thread, every time I make a comment about what I see, I get told to "loosen up, Francis" (who's Francis btw????) or "Too bad you didn't see the humor in that comment" so I won't post what I am thinking....

I might wait until I finish this bottle of merlot here and a few more topamax and see where that leads me....
    05-23-10 12:19 PM
    Oh by no means, but simple bashing others for their enthusiasm really says alot about an individual don't you think? Seems like there is a little bit of jealousy for us Verizon customers is the only thing I can think of.
    If I had more motivation to care, perhaps it would feel different, but there's no need to accuse anyone else of being jealous. It's a juvenile remark, and more often than not, it's a projection of one's own feelings rather than an accurate assessment of an online user's feelings.

Let's just throw out the banter. Obviously the delay of the phone is making people exponentially more testy than usual, so I'm going to end with this:

If you don't have something nice to say, say it intelligently and use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. (Anyone want to invoke Muphry's Law on me? )
    05-23-10 01:14 PM
    If I had more motivation to care, perhaps it would feel different, but there's no need to accuse anyone else of being jealous. It's a juvenile remark, and more often than not, it's a projection of one's own feelings rather than an accurate assessment of an online user's feelings.

Let's just throw out the banter. Obviously the delay of the phone is making people exponentially more testy than usual, so I'm going to end with this:

If you don't have something nice to say, say it intelligently and use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. (Anyone want to invoke Muphry's Law on me? )
    I agree that "jealous" is not the word we're searching for here. I have it on the tip of my tongue. But alas, my upbringing as a lady and an..er..uptight Francis (wherever did that come from????) will not allow me to use the word of which I am thinking. Maybe after we all have our phones in hand, some of you can agree to part as friends? Or at the very least not to feel the need to respond to nasty, misplaced, childish, ridiculous, misinformed, moronic prose?
    05-23-10 01:22 PM

Merlot and Topamax. I want some.
    05-23-10 01:49 PM
    Just kidding...
    05-23-10 01:51 PM
    I was trying to be polite and some people just didn't get the hint.

I have it on the tip of my tongue. But alas, my upbringing as a lady and an..er..uptight Francis (wherever did that come from????)
    05-23-10 02:43 PM
    Not familiar with the Lg Fathom or Lg Ally, but sure hope the following happens:

Verizon Releases the Bold 9650 May 27th

Lg Fathom + Lg Ally + Blackberry 9650 = Release date of May 27th?
    05-23-10 02:51 PM
    well this phone had better come out now..

I just ordered the otterbox case for it.

I would love to have it ready and waiting when the 9650 drops. That way I can go and grab one, slide it into my new case and go. Seamless transition as it were...

On the other hand...if for some mysterious reason verizon delays the release of this phone...I wonder if any of the sprintusers might be interested in a "never-used but lovingly fondled" case for their 9650...

Oh and p.s. Yes, this is the first time I have ever purchased an accessory for a product I did not yet own...foolishness or win?

-db
    05-23-10 03:20 PM
    You probably just jinxed us all.
    05-23-10 03:25 PM
    hmmm...

never thought of that.

I guess I will just have to switch to Sprint...

wait...

did I just say that?

-db
    05-23-10 03:30 PM
    I swore I posted a link stating that Sprint is now selling the Unlock version of it...For those who really want the phone...Stop bashing and trashing
    05-23-10 06:26 PM
    Has anyone else been getting nagged by Verizon with emails, texts AND phone calls to upgrade? I'm due for a new phone, along with my mom and brother. My dad however is not he has the Storm2. When Verizon called yet again, the rep told my dad they were willing to let him upgrade to a blackberry, and only a blackberry even though his upgrade date isn't for another year. My dad mentioned the Bold and said the rep put him on hold for over 5 minutes and came back saying its not yet available and he has no information on it. Its very strange that they are pushing the sales of the Storm2 and the 8530. The offer ends May 29th.. I'm going to assume that this phone will be out right afterwards? I hope so..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 06:30 PM
    I swore I posted a link stating that Sprint is now selling the Unlock version of it...For those who really want the phone...Stop bashing and trashing
    Sprints phones have always been unlocked. This is nothing new.
    05-23-10 06:34 PM
    Excuse me, yes thank you for the link. We know its an unlocked phone. But the ATT and T Mo people are not the ones quibbling here. Its the Verizon people, Saga. An unlocked Sprint branded 9650 doesn't do anything for VZW people. So exactly why do you think it is going to stop the bashing and name calling?

You DO understand that VZW and Sprint do NOT allow unlocked phones on their networks, right? Sprint unlocked it for use on GSM networks....
    05-23-10 06:36 PM
    well this phone had better come out now..

I just ordered the otterbox case for it.

I would love to have it ready and waiting when the 9650 drops. That way I can go and grab one, slide it into my new case and go. Seamless transition as it were...

On the other hand...if for some mysterious reason verizon delays the release of this phone...I wonder if any of the sprintusers might be interested in a "never-used but lovingly fondled" case for their 9650...

Oh and p.s. Yes, this is the first time I have ever purchased an accessory for a product I did not yet own...foolishness or win?

-db
    Don't feel bad. Listen there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I got a case, a car charger, and a 16gb micro sd. vzw or sprint. Its going down sometime in June for me.
    05-23-10 07:36 PM
23,186 ... 187188189190191 ...