LOL; good try

just u......
    05-20-10 04:14 PM
    The brochure says "coming soon" so, as my kids used to say when they were little, "Is that a LONG pretty soon or a SHORT pretty soon?" <G>

Do they mean "soon" in a geological sense (less than several million years) or "soon" as my kids meant the word (less than 2 seconds?)
    05-20-10 04:42 PM
    The brochure says "coming soon" so, as my kids used to say when they were little, "Is that a LONG pretty soon or a SHORT pretty soon?" <G>

Do they mean "soon" in a geological sense (less than several million years) or "soon" as my kids meant the word (less than 2 seconds?)
    Just not soon enough!
    05-20-10 05:11 PM

hey at least there is evidence that verizon will eventually release it. Im happy with that for now.
    05-20-10 05:12 PM
    I know what you mean about the touchscreen, but I am still working from a Motorola flip phone here and cannot even keep the battery charged anymore as it it.

I know what you mean. The motorola droid has really been tempting me lately especially with google's new announcements this week. I would get the incredible but I don't like full touchscreen phones.
    05-20-10 05:25 PM
    05-20-10 06:43 PM
    Got my 9650 today!! Woohoo!!

Already got .692 installed... first I did in fact... custom installed the OS (removed a bunch of fluff)... 343.3MB FREE baby!!! (this is before reinstalling my apps, but still... that's MASSIVE!!! Oh boy not used to seeing that much free mem on a BB!! )

Doing the Device Switch using BBDM right now... so slick! Nice job RIM! Moving my apps and such from the 9700 to the 9650.
    Last edited by mi_canuck; 05-20-10 at 08:18 PM.
    05-20-10 08:15 PM
    I am expecting a June release, just like my Verizon friend told me.
    Last edited by jbl1202; 05-21-10 at 12:10 PM.
    05-20-10 10:05 PM
    @ vzw...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 10:10 PM
    That's what I did! I had the 8330 for two years then bought the Tour last week because I couldn't stand doing battery pulls/the slowness. Best decision I've ever made... I just hope the Bold comes out within the 30 days cause I don't want to have to go back to my Curve.
    I didnt have my 8330 for that long,but I can get the issues you had with it. And lets not forget the freezing. I simply did the same thing you did,but traded in for the 9630 after my 9550 which was a pain in the rear. But hey,you might get lucky within 30 days I somehow got a 2nd early upgrade offer in the mail 2 days ago. I say somehow since I took advantage of the 1st offer last month. I'd like to go into the store with that flier (obviously covered with the new hemroid phones) the day the 9650 comes out and see if I can use it to get it. Just like the previous flier it gives me to the end of the next month. I should make it seem like they made me waste my early upgrade offer last month by sending me another offer this month. I think it was a blind marketing tactic to send out that early upgrade offer to customers and geared towards the new hemroid phones. Like I said before VZW is "f" ing ********
    05-20-10 11:08 PM
    I am expecting a June release, just like my Verizon friend told me because June is the one-year anniversary of the Tour.
    Doubt it, and the 9630 came out in early July. God forbid the 9650 will follow with the same release date.
    05-20-10 11:15 PM
    Got my 9650 today!! Woohoo!!

Already got .692 installed... first I did in fact... custom installed the OS (removed a bunch of fluff)... 343.3MB FREE baby!!! (this is before reinstalling my apps, but still... that's MASSIVE!!! Oh boy not used to seeing that much free mem on a BB!! )

Doing the Device Switch using BBDM right now... so slick! Nice job RIM! Moving my apps and such from the 9700 to the 9650.
    Cool. I still have yet to do finish doing that with mine regardless of model.
    05-20-10 11:17 PM
    @ vzw...

Are you serious I get your excitement,but you just had to rub it in didn't you? Tisk tisk...
    05-20-10 11:21 PM
    I didnt have my 8330 for that long,but I can get the issues you had with it. And lets not forget the freezing.
    A bit hard for me to understand, I L*O*V*E*D my 8330 which never needed a battery pull, never froze and never had any other issues. I consider it an almost perfect phone.

I did go to a 9630 because of the SIM card ability, I am able to switch the phone between VZW and T-Mo prepaid with allows me to use the phone at my sister's house which is a dead zone to VZW.

I'll be switching back to the 8330 tomorrow or the next day to repair the damage done when ***** dog mistook the phone for a chew toy, the new screen, free of tooth marks, came today and the new housing should be here any day now... Switching to the 8330 will allow me to work very slowly and carefully... now where did I put that sledge hammer????

Once I have a shiny NEW WHITE 9630 VZW and T-Mo phone any desire I ever had for a 9650 will be gone.
    05-20-10 11:47 PM
    I am expecting a June release, just like my Verizon friend told me because June is the one-year anniversary of the Tour.
    And honestly, what would the point of waiting until June be, considering Sprint has released the same phone?

How did the various carriers release the 9630 in relation to one another?
    05-21-10 02:07 AM
    I hope your Bold blows up.

@ vzw...

05-21-10 05:44 AM
    Get out of here troll

I need to correct my earlier statement the Bold is late June not July as I had originally said. So to all us VZW users we will have to wait another month.
    05-21-10 08:21 AM
    Sounds like vz peeps will NEVER get it...

05-21-10 08:48 AM
    I hope your Bold blows up.

Now now...

05-21-10 08:49 AM
    We have waited this long for the darn phone, VZW should just release it with BB OS 6. Wishful thinking huh?
    05-21-10 09:16 AM
    unlikely... vzw is having trouble enough approving 5.0 for the 9650... if they released it with 6.0, it would take them until 2012 to "approve" the OS.... vzw is so ridiculously lame with their so-called "testing"... it's hilarious... their devices run no better than Sprints... in some cases... worse because vzw deems it their protocol to load up as much chit on their handsets as humanly possible...
    05-21-10 09:43 AM
    i know this is OT but, heh.. at&t is desperate hiking their ETF on the iphone to $325 because VZW is going to get it.....

AT&T’s New Early Termination Fee for the iPhone: $325 | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    05-21-10 01:54 PM
    unlikely... vzw is having trouble enough approving 5.0 for the 9650... if they released it with 6.0, it would take them until 2012 to "approve" the OS.... vzw is so ridiculously lame with their so-called "testing"... it's hilarious... their devices run no better than Sprints... in some cases... worse because vzw deems it their protocol to load up as much chit on their handsets as humanly possible...
    Was recently perusing the 9630 forum and saw some old posts from pre-9630 release speculating about whether it would initially ship with OS5. It ended up taking VZW eight months after the 9630 released to get their version of OS5 out for it. At that rate the 9650 will see OS6 around February of 2011.
    05-21-10 02:28 PM
    why is this thread still active, the Bold was already released =P
    05-21-10 03:19 PM
    why is this thread still active, the Bold was already released =P
    The question is.....what will come first, the Bold for Verizon, or this thread hitting 5000 posts?
    05-21-10 03:27 PM
23,186 ... 183184185186187 ...