Didn't Verizon release the Tour about a week after Sprint? If so then I am expecting about a week after Sprints release for the 9650.
    No, both carriers released on the same day for the Tour. I believe this is the first that Sprint has released a phone before Verizon though... i cant think of 1 phone that Sprint has ever came out with before that beat Verizons until this Bold
    05-17-10 08:13 PM
    Hopefully that means Verizon won't be too far behind.
    05-17-10 08:15 PM
    Seriously, I mean Sprint has already release so hopefully tomorrow or Thursday we get some BREAKING news.

Hopefully that means Verizon won't be too far behind.
    05-18-10 08:46 AM
    there is no specific date yet, however the rumors lead towards a holiday/early 2010 release. First rumors said q1 next year
    I was going to flashback to the 1st Post of this Thread but tourboy has already updated it. So I went with Post 2 It just makes me reminisce about a much more innocent time, before RIM turned us so jaded. This Thread is almost at an end, it's been quite a roller coaster ride.
    05-18-10 09:38 AM
    Yes, hard to imagine this all started back on 11-1-09...who would have ever thought we would still be waiting.

I was going to flashback to the 1st Post of this Thread but tourboy has already updated it. So I went with Post 2 It just makes me reminisce about a much more innocent time, before RIM turned us so jaded. This Thread is almost at an end, it's been quite a roller coaster ride.
    05-18-10 12:25 PM
    I have been month to month with VZW since February. By the time this phone is available, my son's 2 year contract will be up. If VZW cannot get this phone out, I will just let the contracts expire and go to prepaid.
    05-18-10 12:38 PM
    I have been month to month with VZW since February. By the time this phone is available, my son's 2 year contract will be up. If VZW cannot get this phone out, I will just let the contracts expire and go to prepaid.
    I've been off contract since April, and have been waiting for this phone since December. D: I wish they would just release it! I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Over a phone.
    05-18-10 12:39 PM
    The Bold 9650 is RIM's latest BlackBerry device, and it's basically a revamped version of the BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Wi-Fi support, more application memory (at 528MB, the most of any current BlackBerry) and RIM's new "trackpad."
    LOL as I have always said... nothing but a revised Tour.
    05-18-10 12:46 PM
    I called a friend of mine in executive realtions, and he told me there is no set timetable to release this phone...such BS to me
    05-18-10 12:47 PM
    I think we are all getting to that point; relief may finally be coming tomorrow.

I've been off contract since April, and have been waiting for this phone since December. D: I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Over a phone.
    05-18-10 02:00 PM
    I think we are all getting to that point; relief may finally be coming tomorrow.
    why you keep saying tomorrow or Thursday? Your the only one saying this...
    05-18-10 02:01 PM
    What evidence shows that tomorrow is the day? :/
    05-18-10 02:06 PM
    I called a friend of mine in executive realtions, and he told me there is no set timetable to release this phone...such BS to me
    ahhh how the miss the "i called a freind" or "i went into a vzw store" stories and give some rumor/speculative excuse of when the 9650 is releasing or why the delay... the good ol pre 5/16/10 days... i got a simiar story... so i called a buddy of mine that works at sprint.... and long story short i order the darn phone thru him .. the end.. a happy end for all sprint subscribers.... meanwhile poor vzw folks still sitting around the camp fire exchanging "so a csr said this and that stories" .... entertaining i must say no offense to vzw ppl i dont care for carrier wars use wat works.. but just entertaining
    05-18-10 02:21 PM
    Pure Evidence; none
    Tomorrow is THE day; not 100%

Looks like the Blackberry Bold 9650 section was moved today, but again for Verizon, this really still belongs in the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones section.

I, along with some others on here, were told to be sure to check Verizon's website this Wed or Thursday; is it a guarantee, of course not.

But keep in mind the Incredible was release April 27th and so Verizon doesn't get all those customers returning the Incredible for the 9650, next Thursday is another strong possibly. Either way, the countdown is on and we are only days away....stay tuned!

What evidence shows that tomorrow is the day? :/
    05-18-10 02:26 PM
    Pure Evidence; none

Looks like the Blackberry Bold 9650 section was moved today, but again for Verizon, this really still belongs in the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones section.

I, along with some others on here, were told to be sure to check Verizon's website this Wed or Thursday; is it a guarantee, of course not.

But keep in mind the Incredible was release April 27th and so Verizon doesn't get all those customers returning the Incredible for the 9650, next Thursday is another strong possibly. Either way, the countdown is on and we are only days away....stay tuned!

Translation: Still a rumor, so don't get too happy or sad
    05-18-10 02:33 PM
    Pure Evidence; none

Well, where ever you got your information, I hope your right..that's all I have to say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 02:39 PM
    Oh, by no means...I just want my Bold 9650

Until then....

Translation: Still a rumor, so don't get too happy or sad
    Last edited by tourboy; 05-18-10 at 05:37 PM.
    05-18-10 02:47 PM
    Oh, my no means...I just want my Bold 9650

Until then....

Sigh
    05-18-10 03:33 PM
    Yeah, for us Verizon customers...not today and maybe not tomorrow, but one day we will have the Bold 9650.

Sigh
    05-18-10 04:05 PM
    Yeah, for us Verizon customers...not today and maybe not tomorrow, but one day we will have the Bold 9650.
    Maybe by 2012 we will
    05-18-10 04:42 PM
    ahhh how the miss the "i called a freind" or "i went into a vzw store" stories and give some rumor/speculative excuse of when the 9650 is releasing or why the delay... the good ol pre 5/16/10 days... i got a simiar story... so i called a buddy of mine that works at sprint.... and long story short i order the darn phone thru him .. the end.. a happy end for all sprint subscribers.... meanwhile poor vzw folks still sitting around the camp fire exchanging "so a csr said this and that stories" .... entertaining i must say no offense to vzw ppl i dont care for carrier wars use wat works.. but just entertaining
    ok so you ordered your phone through Sprint. Enjoy and try not to torture us too much ok? Cause I have a short fuse and I'm not really in the mood for your patronizing "poor vzw folks" crap. Take yer phone and move on, ok?
    05-18-10 04:58 PM
    ok so you ordered your phone through Sprint. Enjoy and try not to torture us too much ok? Cause I have a short fuse and I'm not really in the mood for your patronizing "poor vzw folks" crap. Take yer phone and move on, ok?
    Agreed

10char
    05-18-10 05:40 PM
    05-18-10 06:08 PM
    i srsly hope this does not happen
    05-18-10 06:11 PM
    I see you like to pick fights with pretty much anyone and everyone on here...so I will go easy on you.

I am not a person who throws out dates and claims to have insider information. I do not use that card...nor should I. However, my days are nearing an end with the little precious Incredible so I really needed to know when the 9650 is going to drop.

I do have a friend in executive relations and a few insiders that are in the know. I reached out to all three of them, and everyone of them had the same basic response:

NO DATE SET, LOOK FOR LAUNCH AROUND MID JUNE.

I hope they are wrong and the 9650 luanches on Wednesday/Thursday. I just would not bet on it.
    05-18-10 06:12 PM
23,186 ... 178179180181182 ...