Very interesting...9650 AND the 9700

yes, tourboy, i just posted a convo i had with a vzw csr in the other thread. (i hate to cross post) read it and see what you think!)
    05-16-10 10:07 AM
    Very interesting...9650 AND the 9700
    No way. 9700 is a GSM phone, and Verizon's network is CDMA; it wouldn't get Verizon's 3g or voice service. Not happening.

Plus then there would be two phones on Verizon both named the Bold haha
    05-16-10 10:57 AM
    Just checked BestBuy.com, and the Tour is no longer for sale, just the black & pink 8530.

Release this week for Verizon maybe then?
    05-16-10 11:09 AM
    The Best Buy web site still offers the Sprint Tour 9630 even though posters here have actually seen Sprint 9650 demos in the stores. The likely significance of the removal of the Tour from Best Buy's Verizon offerings is that Best Buy has sold out of Verizon Tours or was able to palm off its inventory on RIM and/or Verizon.

It appears Verizon simply is not going to release the 9650 until it sells out its inventory of Tour 9630s. The Verizon website lists the Tour 9630 w/o camera as "out of stock" but still offers the 9630 with camera. I am persuaded by other posters here that Verizon simply does not care about Blackberry and this phone in particular. Verizon has made its bed with Droid and the consumer market. It is hoping to get the iPhone to go with its Droids and let AT&T keep the business market.
    Last edited by Notataloss; 05-16-10 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-16-10 12:05 PM
    Hopefully it is released on the 23rd.
    05-16-10 12:19 PM
    For me, if i filter by manufacturer, the only two blackberries listed for Verizon are the Curves in Black and pink.
    05-16-10 12:24 PM
    It appears Verizon simply is not going to release the 9650 until it sells out its inventory of Tour 9630s. The Verizon website lists the Tour 9630 w/o camera as "out of stock" but still offers the 9630 with camera. I am persuaded by other posters here that Verizon simply does not care about Blackberry and this phone in particular. Verizon has made its bed with Droid and the consumer market. It is hoping to get the iPhone to go with its Droids and let AT&T keep the business market.
    This certainly seems to be the case. That's why I'm seriously thinking about switching to AT&T.
    05-16-10 12:25 PM
    I would keep an eye out for this coming week; Wednesday or Thursday we might have a MAJOR Verizon news flash.

Just checked BestBuy.com, and the Tour is no longer for sale, just the black & pink 8530.

Release this week for Verizon maybe then?
    05-16-10 01:09 PM
    Sprint released this phone today. It on their website, and it is the bold now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-16-10 01:13 PM
    I would keep an eye out for this coming week; Wednesday or Thursday we might have a MAJOR Verizon news flash.
    Your getting my hopes up here lol. May I ask the reasoning behind why you think this cause i'm getting excited. :P
    05-16-10 01:14 PM
    Check this out: BlackBerry Bold 9650 Now Available from Sprint

Looks like Sprint is about a week ahead of schedule
    05-16-10 01:16 PM
    For me, if i filter by manufacturer, the only two blackberries listed for Verizon are the Curves in Black and pink.
    last night under SPRINT they listed the Tour still.
    05-16-10 01:19 PM
    If you filter the BEST BUY website, only the Curve 8530s are listed. If you filter the VERIZON WIRELESS website for Blackberrys, Verizon is still selling the 8330 in silver and the 8830, let alone the 9630 with a camera. It appears Verizon will not release the Bold 9650 until it sells out of old inventory or RIM buys back the old devices.

Verizon is in bed with Android and wants a menage with the iPhone. RIM is looking out for the carriers that want to partner with RIM; e.g, Sprint with the Bold 9650 and AT&T with the 9800.
    Last edited by Notataloss; 05-16-10 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-16-10 01:48 PM
    Tried all the other carriers and Verizon is still the best in my area.
    True. I havent had any problems in the years I've had VZW. I just wish the plans were more cost effective,but I guess you get what you pay for. No offense to Sprint,but it may be cheaper but the service doesn't always work and not for everyone.
    05-16-10 01:59 PM
    verizon is a piece of **** and does nothing for their customers
    05-16-10 02:10 PM
    The Best Buy web site still offers the Sprint Tour 9630 even though posters here have actually seen Sprint 9650 demos in the stores. The likely significance of the removal of the Tour from Best Buy's Verizon offerings is that Best Buy has sold out of Verizon Tours or was able to palm off its inventory on RIM and/or Verizon.

True true true. Fall>Springroids,Summer>Fall:BB's.
    05-16-10 02:11 PM
    Check this out: BlackBerry Bold 9650 Now Available from Sprint

Looks like Sprint is about a week ahead of schedule
    Yup. I'm just dissapointed that I'm stuck with the bb I got now and cant get the 9650. Well, I could when it comes out for VZW but I doubt I'd make the same dumb mistake of buying a phone at full retail price.
    05-16-10 02:17 PM
    It depends on the day,month, and time of year. Oh, and of course how stupid, selfish, and greedy they are.
    05-16-10 02:20 PM
    Wow! And talk about first impressions. Welcome to Crackberry.com...quite an impressive first posting.

05-16-10 02:43 PM
    Agree completely! Tried Sprint in my area and the reception was poor. At that point, I wouldn't care if they offered free service, its only as good as the network its on.

True. I havent had any problems in the years I've had VZW. I just wish the plans were more cost effective,but I guess you get what you pay for. No offense to Sprint,but it may be cheaper but the service doesn't always work and not for everyone.
    05-16-10 02:43 PM
    So how long until we find out what processor this thing has? I'm hoping someone tears it down by Tuesday lol
    05-16-10 03:04 PM
    I decided not to wait, I'm completely happy with my VZW plan (cheaper than anything Sprint offers) and with my 9630.

I've ordered a replacement screen and case which should make it a new phone until the dog decides it's a chew toy again. <sigh>

My decision is heavily based on having used a 9700 and finding I much prefer the trackball to the trackpad, sorry if that's heresy but I really do NOT like the trackpad... Maybe if I'd ever had a trackball problem I'd think differently but in 4 different BlackBerrys the trackball has worked to perfection.
    05-16-10 03:27 PM
    I hope that Verizon will come out with it soon. Not even because I want it specifically. I was going to get the Tour at Walmart.... but they don't sell the Verizon Tour anymore. Neither does Best Buy apparently. Lame!

Now I'm hoping it will come out soon so that I can just get THIS phone from Walmart instead.
    05-16-10 04:11 PM
    I hope that Verizon will come out with it soon. Not even because I want it specifically. I was going to get the Tour at Walmart.... but they don't sell the Verizon Tour anymore. Neither does Best Buy apparently. Lame!

Now I'm hoping it will come out soon so that I can just get THIS phone from Walmart instead.
    I dont understand why does it have to be from Walmart or Bestbuy?
    05-16-10 04:32 PM
    I went into a verizon store at the mall today and asked if they had any idea when the new 9650 / bold would be released for sale. The two store employees looked at me like I was an alien and had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about.

Are verizon workers really that clueless? Or is Verizon intentionally keeping them in the dark as far as upcoming phones?
    05-16-10 05:18 PM
23,186 ... 175176177178179 ...