Hoping for the 10th (:
    05-09-10 11:09 AM
    I wouldn't recommend pre-ordering it. Just wait until the release date, call Verizon directly and generally they ship overnight. Also, the advantage of ordering through them instead of purchasing in the stores is typically they immediately apply the rebate instead of having to mess with the rebate and mail it in.

So the last bb I bought was my 8330 by walking into a Verizon store and purchasing it. How do i get ahold of the Bold 9650? Really? I mean, stores have been calling me asking me to upgrade and trying to sell me droids and when I say Bold 9650 they hang up!

Do I call a national Verizon number and ask to pre-order? Do I call a local store and ask to pre-order? Do I walk into a local store and ask to pre-order? Assuming it will be announced tomorrow or in the next few days? How do I actually go about getting it?

Or do I take a day off from work, armed with $300.00 on the day it is released, a tank of gas and drive till I find one?

Any ideas?
    05-09-10 05:28 PM
    Do what I am doing. Get a friend at the Store. Ask them to hold one back and then go pick up on release day. I have it in my hands on release day. Sure I have to send in the rebate, but they do all the work so all I have to do put a stamp on it and mail it in.
    05-09-10 05:53 PM
    If it were coming tomorrow for Verizon don't you think people would post that they were arriving in stores or do you think they could be dropped off tomorrow for the launch. I know at best buy for the storm 2 launch we didn't get the phones in till 2PM that day but I'd figure Verizon would be a little bit more prepared..... Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 06:22 PM
    Yeah, but then you have to wait several weeks for the rebate to be processed. Personally, I much prefer ordering it directly from Verizon, get it within a day or two and get the instant saving.

Do what I am doing. Get a friend at the Store. Ask them to hold one back and then go pick up on release day. I have it in my hands on release day. Sure I have to send in the rebate, but they do all the work so all I have to do put a stamp on it and mail it in.
    05-09-10 07:00 PM
    Well, my fellow Crackberrians, I have defected to the dark side I ordered the Incredible today. I am going to give it a 2-3 week trial.

This is the only phone that has ever appealed to me since I joined Blackberry 6 years ago. I was all gungho for the Tour2 back in December but the endless delays and disappointing specs that supposedly necessitated such a long delay had me looking elsewhere for awhile. I have been tracking this thread since its inception. Believe me, I will continue to monitor it. I have a feeling that crossing over to android may be foolhardy but I gotta give it a chance. I don't have much to lose except my time and some $.

Take care y'all. Thanks tourboy for keeping the thread alive I'm sure at times you have felt like your the only one pressing on!
    05-09-10 07:55 PM
    Well, my fellow Crackberrians, I have defected to the dark side I ordered the Incredible today. I am going to give it a 2-3 week trial.
    Do you have to pay $35 to exchange the Incredible for another phone?
    05-09-10 09:07 PM
    Almost upgraded to the Incredible last Friday but decided to wait a little longer just to see if the Bold would show up.
    05-09-10 10:15 PM

This is the only phone that has ever appealed to me since I joined Blackberry 6 years ago. I was all gungho for the Tour2 back in December but the endless delays and disappointing specs that supposedly necessitated such a long delay had me looking elsewhere for awhile. I have been tracking this thread since its inception. Believe me, I will continue to monitor it. I have a feeling that crossing over to android may be foolhardy but I gotta give it a chance. I don't have much to lose except my time and some $.

Take care y'all. Thanks tourboy for keeping the thread alive I'm sure at times you have felt like your the only one pressing on!
    BIG mistake. that phone sucks. blackberry is the only way to go.. took me many many phones to discover the truth.
    05-09-10 11:57 PM
    Keep it alive. We are so close

05-10-10 12:16 AM
    Hoping for tomorrow!

05-10-10 12:43 AM
    Hope so too! I need a new phone!! If verizon doesnt hurry will have to go somewhere else
    05-10-10 01:42 AM
    BIG mistake. that phone sucks. blackberry is the only way to go.. took me many many phones to discover the truth.
    very informative, A++ post, explained everything wrong with the phone and everything right with a blackberry. you should start a blog site and give reviews just like this for everything.

/sarcasm
    05-10-10 03:11 AM
    I applaud you sir. Brilliant.
    05-10-10 06:29 AM
    Do you have to pay $35 to exchange the Incredible for another phone?
    Yes. However, it is a price I am willing to pay to find out if android could work for me.
    05-10-10 07:26 AM
    A fool might only learn from their own mistakes. A wise person learns from other's mistakes. Unfortunately, everyone's usage and implementation of a smartphone varies dramatically. Even in my own company many of my peers us win-mobile, the pre, droid, and BB (on BES)...its a matter of personal preference.

I guess, in this case, I may stumble-forward and find a winner...or I can easily drop back and go with the Bold 9650. The wait was just too long.
    05-10-10 07:40 AM
    of course it all makes sense now.. God has played a cruel joke on me... where was your wisdom when i bought my crappy instinct?
    05-10-10 08:19 AM
    Sorry to see you go...I tried the Incredible and decided it would definitely not work for me.

05-10-10 02:40 PM
    If the Tour 2/Bold does not have java then I'm going to droid. They are supposed to have a java browser real soon!
    05-10-10 03:17 PM
    for the last timeeeeee..... its the bold not a tour 2... can we please stop pretending that we did not get the news about the official name change from WES 2010 and every other news/media outlet?
    05-10-10 03:20 PM
    for the last timeeeeee..... its the bold not a tour 2... can we please stop pretending that we did not get the news about the official name change from WES 2010 and every other news/media outlet?
    they can call it what they want but it in reality it is a slightly modified tour
    05-10-10 04:05 PM
    Unfortunately, probably due to the design if nothing else, many will always view it as the Tour 2.

05-10-10 05:48 PM
    Yes. However, it is a price I am willing to pay to find out if android could work for me.
    You'll never know until you try it yourself.

I personally miss the physical QWERTY keyboard. I had returned my Tour (trackball, ugh!) and went with the Omnia II as I have owned many WinMo phones over the years. When it comes down to it I need a business oriented phone WITH a physical keyboard. 9650 here I come...Well, when VZW decides to sell me one! Good Luck!
    05-10-10 06:29 PM
    Unfortunately, probably due to the design if nothing else, many will always view it as the Tour 2.
    I'm still gonna view it as the Tour2 lol

05-10-10 06:59 PM
    You'll never know until you try it yourself.

I personally miss the physical QWERTY keyboard. I had returned my Tour (trackball, ugh!) and went with the Omnia II as I have owned many WinMo phones over the years. When it comes down to it I need a business oriented phone WITH a physical keyboard. 9650 here I come...Well, when VZW decides to sell me one! Good Luck!

I can't argue that...the keyboard will be the greatest adjustment. But I like the idea of a full touch screen...I'll give it a try.
    30 days and $35 later I'll probably be rocking the bold and extolling its virtues on the forums
    05-10-10 07:02 PM
23,186 ... 166167168169170 ...