I'm guessing not. There is always the 7th. lol.
    Or 8th... still some talk out there about June for VZW and Sprint gets it first.
    05-07-10 09:22 PM
    Or 8th... still some talk out there about June for VZW and Sprint gets it first.
    That's gonna suck if it is true!
    05-07-10 09:41 PM
    ahh that was entertaining... keep up the pointless arguing over an unreleased phone... no hands on experience
    05-07-10 09:54 PM
    BBMCHAT Twitter post lines up with June date... or very late May.
    05-07-10 11:00 PM
    Unfortunately...

none of this thread is relevant.

Thanks
    05-07-10 11:20 PM
    Is there any release date for Alltel? It's time for me to upgrade from my old rokr z6m and I've been considering getting the Curve 8530 but I think the Tour 2 would be much better.
    05-08-10 12:27 AM
    Did everybody see the rebate forum thread?
    05-08-10 09:12 AM
    most likely.
    05-08-10 01:48 PM
    No, but thought that was announced weeks ago; $100 rebate.

Though I believe like they did on the Tour, if you order the phone by calling Verizon, they will apply it immediately while if you purchase it in the store, then you have to mail it in.

05-08-10 02:45 PM
    Any updates on the Verizon release date?
    05-08-10 07:28 PM
    Any updates on the Verizon release date?
    Just the same worthless speculation we've seen for 4307 posts....

I think it'll be (start your own rumor here)!
    05-08-10 07:34 PM
    Well, remember, this is the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones forum so nothing is set and it is all speculation.

However, hopefully as we get closer, information will be more definite.

Just the same worthless speculation we've seen for 4307 posts....

I think it'll be (start your own rumor here)!
    05-08-10 08:11 PM
    However, hopefully as we get closer, information will be more definite.
    Maybe.
    (worthless post #4309)
    05-08-10 08:36 PM
    I just ordered mine from Sprint.
    05-08-10 08:38 PM
    I just ordered mine from Sprint.
    nRRe likes this.
    05-08-10 08:48 PM
    Verizon iPhone Not This Year Says Analyst, iPhone 4G Release Date Anticipated In June, iPhone Sales Catching Up With BlackBerry Sales

Analyst Brian Marshall has poured cold water over the hopes of large number of people waiting for a Verizon iphone release this year. He says that Apple is believed to have extended the exclusive contract of AT&T for another 6 months which means that the new iPhone 4G if it is released in June 2010, will be with AT&T and not Verizon Wireless.

But at least iPhone 4G release is still expected next month at the WWDC.

In a market that is growing exponentially, Apple is catching up with smartphone manufacturer RIM. The market saw a shipment of 54.7 million units in the first quarter of 2010 which is up by 56.7% as compared to the last year in the same time period,

RIM has sold 10.6 million blackberry phones, Apple has sold 8.8 million phones only through its carrier AT&T. Meanwhile the other dominant player in this market is Nokia which has shipped 21.5 million units for the quarter which means a control of 39.3% of the world market.

RIM is expecting its customer base to reach 100 million users in the light of its new products like Blackberry bold 9650 and Pearl 3G. On the other hand Apple expects it growth to continue with the launch of its iPhone OS 4 in June. This will be available on the Verizon network. Following the top three are HTC and Motorola but these companies have also become active with the launch of new smartphones on android platform. In fact HTS�s market has grown from 4.3% in 2009 to 4.8% in recent times.
    05-09-10 05:44 AM
    So the last bb I bought was my 8330 by walking into a Verizon store and purchasing it. How do i get ahold of the Bold 9650? Really? I mean, stores have been calling me asking me to upgrade and trying to sell me droids and when I say Bold 9650 they hang up!

Do I call a national Verizon number and ask to pre-order? Do I call a local store and ask to pre-order? Do I walk into a local store and ask to pre-order? Assuming it will be announced tomorrow or in the next few days? How do I actually go about getting it?

Or do I take a day off from work, armed with $300.00 on the day it is released, a tank of gas and drive till I find one?

Any ideas?
    05-09-10 07:09 AM
    So the last bb I bought was my 8330 by walking into a Verizon store and purchasing it. How do i get ahold of the Bold 9650? Really? I mean, stores have been calling me asking me to upgrade and trying to sell me droids and when I say Bold 9650 they hang up!

Do I call a national Verizon number and ask to pre-order? Do I call a local store and ask to pre-order? Do I walk into a local store and ask to pre-order? Assuming it will be announced tomorrow or in the next few days? How do I actually go about getting it?

Or do I take a day off from work, armed with $300.00 on the day it is released, a tank of gas and drive till I find one?

Any ideas?
    I know what u mean...Verizon is getting extreamly bad with pushing phones out to people that no one wants, like the incredible. I dont know if the reps are paid more to sell those phones or what, but they bug the hel* out of me though.

anyway, when Verizon announces the phone, you can normally pre-order the phone 2 week in advance. Nice thing about pre-ordering on the computer though is that the 100 dollar rebate is credited to you right away on the computer. If you call and pre-order or go in the store and buy the phone, you have to mail in the rebate form and barcode from the box.

You wont find any Bolds right now though until Verizon announces it and normally they have the Bolds in stock a couple days before launch day then, but if you order the phone online or through mail, you wont get the bold till a couple to few days after the launch date
    05-09-10 07:15 AM
    personally i am going to wait for stock at best buy..

1. no MIR to worry about
    2. much quicker service than carrier stores
    3. (most important) you get to see the phone working before you leave

Any ideas?
    05-09-10 07:21 AM
    So MJ, what you're saying is I should wait till it's announced for pre-order (obviously) and then go online to Verizon's website and pre-order there?

And my NE2 will be credited to me there and I can pay with credit card a lesser amount right off the bat? Then they mail the phone to me? And what, I get it a few days after launch or on the same day? (Like when I pre-order my Harry Potter books????? )
    05-09-10 07:22 AM

1. no MIR to worry about
    Ok, so Mystic, you are saying I could also go to a store like Best Buy when? Launch day? A few days later? And buy one right off the shelf like I did with my curve? Do they give me the benefit of my NE2 discount right there as well? Will I have to wait a few days or weeks?...cause my 8330 is only working right now because I light candles to the blackberry gods every night that it will make it another day...i need a new phone NOW!!!!

Thanks for your help guys!
    05-09-10 07:26 AM
    Hahahaha I have no words.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 07:37 AM

1. no MIR to worry about

How does that work if you have a number you want to port over? Can they do that? I'm sure they can, but it's been so long since I got a new phone on my own (work handles it now) I don't recall. Can I also port a number over if I preorder by phone?

MG
    05-09-10 08:14 AM
    How does that work if you have a number you want to port over? Can they do that? I'm sure they can, but it's been so long since I got a new phone on my own (work handles it now) I don't recall. Can I also port a number over if I preorder by phone?
    Pre-orders did not allow you to port the number over when the Tour was released� the VZW website was not set up to do that. You end up with two telephone numbers� be careful, that gets expensive. I got burned when I did this � cancellation fees apply, you pay for one month service on the new phone along with your existing account, and I ended up having to pay full retail even though I had an upgrade coming (upgrades only apply to existing accounts, or that is what they told me). I am DEFINITELY waiting until it hits the stores. Maybe this time the website will allow you to port� who knows. It was $$$$$, beware.
    05-09-10 09:09 AM
    Does Sprint have a pre-order yet?
    05-09-10 09:28 AM
23,186 ... 165166167168169 ...