Looks like it is shaping up to be the 28th then because that would time perfectly with 30 days after the Incredible as well as numerous other sources all saying the end of May.

I'm happy that we have a near release date but that doesn't make the 28th come any faster.
    05-06-10 01:31 PM
    Soooo many rumors, I love this site lol

It's all speculation and guesses until an official release date is stated by Big Red itself Until then any date is hearsay...
    05-06-10 02:00 PM
    rational thinking?... wrong forum!..lol

Soooo many rumors, I love this site lol

It's all speculation and guesses until an official release date is stated by Big Red itself Until then any date is hearsay...
    05-06-10 04:03 PM
    Guess the 6th isn't going to happen?
    05-06-10 04:07 PM
    Guess the 6th isn't going to happen?
    I'm guessing not. There is always the 7th. lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 12:19 AM
    I was on the phone with a vzw rep ysterday. When we were done with what I originally called about, I asked him what the news was re: the 9650. He claims that while I was on hold, he went into the "3 data bases" where employees (in his capacity, anyway) can get that kind of info & he said there isn't anything at all.

Of course, that might be true or it might be what vzw wants them to say until the release date has been officially announced.

I'm waiting but I wish it were yesterday
    05-07-10 12:40 AM
    If you look on the Verizon Wireless website, they're having a closeout sale on selected devices. The Blackberry tour is one of them. I'm thinking there's a reason behind this. I have the Omnia now and I am patiently waiting for the Blackberry tour 2/Essex/Bold (whatever it's going to be called) to come out! I am able to upgrade at anytime now due to my 1 yr being over and I am still waiting --i refuse to get anything but this new Tour!
    05-07-10 12:46 AM
    If you look on the Verizon Wireless website, they're having a closeout sale on selected devices. The Blackberry tour is one of them. I'm thinking there's a reason behind this. I have the Omnia now and I am patiently waiting for the Blackberry tour 2/Essex/Bold (whatever it's going to be called) to come out! I am able to upgrade at anytime now due to my 1 yr being over and I am still waiting --i refuse to get anything but this new Tour!
    pretty sure the Tour has been on 'closeout' pricing since January...
    05-07-10 01:09 AM
    I have a question for you guys and girls:
    Should I buy the Bold the day it comes out?
    Or wait for the potential bugs to be fixed?
    05-07-10 02:16 PM
    I'm waiting a week. If there are not major complaints (& I don't expect any really since they took some time to get things right *I hope*) then I will order it on line. (Instant rebate compared to going to the store & having to mail it in & wait for refund).
    05-07-10 02:27 PM
    I don't think there will many bugs involved, with only 3 additions made to it. The bug problem might happen when 6 rolls out.
    05-07-10 02:37 PM
    Easy answer = yes!

What make you think it's going to come out? What make you think any of us will live long enough to see the release date?
    05-07-10 03:07 PM
    I'm sorry.. But I feel that RIM has had enough time to make sure there wont be any potential problems... I mean they had the life of the Tour and the upgrades are what.. the addition of the trackpad, wifi, 512mb memory and finally the nice "Bold" on the back. I'd say that the trackpad wont have issues seeing as other devices have had it for a while with no problems, same goes for wifi and the "Bold" writing on the back. Honestly the only thing we should have to worry about is the 512mb of memory now because everything else has had a lot of time to settle around on other devices and for the extra what 6 months this device has been held off with not many extra changes that we knew of except for the memory upgrade. So more or less, what i am getting to is there really should not be any problems whatsoever when it first comes out.. and if there is.. Than props to RIM to really F***ing it up seeing as how much time this phone has had to sit around before its release. Anyone else agree with idea? or am i just i dont know.. crazy? [; (Stating from hardware issues and of course not software issues that can be fixed through simple software and firmware updates because that would be no reason to not buy a phone at first although hardware issues of course would be)
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-07-10 at 05:32 PM.
    05-07-10 03:25 PM
    Just as a point of information, I've been checking the forums on Android Central and there seems to be a lot of BB users (especially Storm users) that are jumping ship and getting the HTC Incredible. So they are not giving the 9650 a chance. I wonder, with the EVO 4G (an even nicer phone than the Incredible) coming out on Sprint early June, will a lot more of us jump ship as well? It seems like the 9650 will have a tough time getting off the ground and post decent sales. As for me, I'm waiting for the EVO to come out, compare pros and cons with the 9650 and then make my decision. It will not be easy.
    05-07-10 03:30 PM
    take a look at the device forums...

each and every phone (other than the storm) was just an evolutionary iteration of some other phone, or bundled together bits of phones.. and each and every one had problems..

I want, and will get the 9650 but at least i will do so with my eyes open!

I'm sorry.. But I feel that RIM has had enough time to make sure there wont be any potential problems... I mean they had the life of the Tour and the upgrades are what.. the addition of the trackpad, wifi, 512mb memory and finally the nice "Bold" on the back. I'd say that the trackpad wont have issues seeing as other devices have had it for a while with no problems, same goes for wifi and the "Bold" writing on the back. Honestly the only thing we should have to worry about is the 512mb of memory now because everything else has had a lot of time to settle around on other devices and for the extra what 6 months this device has been held off with not many extra changes that we knew of except for the memory upgrade. So more or less, what i am getting to is there really should not be any problems whatsoever when it first comes out.. and if there is.. Than props to RIM to really F***ing it up seeing as how much time this phone has had to sit around before its release. Anyone else agree with idea? or am i just i dont know.. crazy? [;
    05-07-10 03:33 PM
    take a look at the device forums...

each and every phone (other than the storm) was just an evolutionary iteration of some other phone, or bundled together bits of phones.. and each and every one had problems..

I want, and will get the 9650 but at least i will do so with my eyes open!
    Are you kidding dude.. The 9650 IS the Tour.. no physical difference at all except for the "bold" and trackpad.. this is one of the exceptions where there shouldn't be any problems unless the tour is undergoing problems... idk.. think what you want but i strongly believe that the 9650 wont have any. I am getting it the day it comes out regardless.
    05-07-10 04:32 PM
    no, i am not kidding and i suggest you simply educate yourself beyond your 16 posts by searching and reading these forums...If the 9650 comes out with no issues it will be a minor miracle for BB

Are you kidding dude.. The 9650 IS the Tour.. no physical difference at all except for the "bold" and trackpad.. this is one of the exceptions where there shouldn't be any problems unless the tour is undergoing problems... idk.. think what you want but i strongly believe that the 9650 wont have any. I am getting it the day it comes out regardless.
    Last edited by mystic205; 05-07-10 at 04:47 PM.
    05-07-10 04:44 PM
    no, i am not kidding and i suggest you simply educate yourself beyond your 16 posts by searching and reading these forums...If the 9650 comes out with no issues it will be a minor miracle for BB
    Jesus Christ.. Are you just looking to fight with someone or something? Ever heard of an opinion? Yeah.. you can't exactly say that I'm wrong when its MY OPINION. And I'm obviously talking about no hardware problems most likely not software which can be what? UPDATED VIA FIRMWARE UPDATE. Lets go back to what he was talking about "should i get it the day it comes out or no because of issues it may have" something along the lines of that... Meaning it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you were to get it the day it came out because if it has a problem is can be fixed through a firmware update. Obviously we know that not much can happen to the hardware seeing as it is the exact same as the tour! Jeeze leave me to my opinion to answer someone elses question and stop thinking you know everything and try and correct people when they don't want to hear what you have to say. Did I ask anything from you to pick a fight with me? NO i merely stated my OPINION.. Have i said OPINION enough for you to realize that you can't change what i'm thinking? God everyone has been so nice on Crackberry except for people like you. OH! and i have 17 posts? oh wow i must not read any forums or anything huh? Well just because i don't post like crazy doesn't make me a moron.. i have been with this site for two years and have read PLENTY of forum topics so my amount of "posts" does not make me a moron... A**hole
    05-07-10 05:27 PM
    Since i simply said there is overwhelming evidence that many phones from RIm come out with issues, and the evidence is in the forums, perhaps you need to stop overreacting...and do your research.

So, Yes you are entitled to your opinion, but this forum is equally open for others to redirect the OP (for example with facts, not opinion) to a balanced view of the introductory QA issues with RIM phones..

As an aside note, the use of anger and insults will certainly detract from any perception of you as a helpful or believable contributor to the forums...so if that is your goal I suggest you calm down and relax... after all, this is a phone, not life and death!

take care

Jesus Christ.. Are you just looking to fight with someone or something? Ever heard of an opinion? Yeah.. you can't exactly say that I'm wrong when its MY OPINION. And I'm obviously talking about no hardware problems most likely not software which can be what? UPDATED VIA FIRMWARE UPDATE. Lets go back to what he was talking about "should i get it the day it comes out or no because of issues it may have" something along the lines of that... Meaning it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you were to get it the day it came out because if it has a problem is can be fixed through a firmware update. Obviously we know that not much can happen to the hardware seeing as it is the exact same as the tour! Jeeze leave me to my opinion to answer someone elses question and stop thinking you know everything and try and correct people when they don't want to hear what you have to say. Did I ask anything from you to pick a fight with me? NO i merely stated my OPINION.. Have i said OPINION enough for you to realize that you can't change what i'm thinking? God everyone has been so nice on Crackberry except for people like you. OH! and i have 17 posts? oh wow i must not read any forums or anything huh? Well just because i don't post like crazy doesn't make me a moron.. i have been with this site for two years and have read PLENTY of forum topics so my amount of "posts" does not make me a moron... A**hole
    05-07-10 05:45 PM
    Since i simply said there is overwhelming evidence that many phones from RIm come out with issues, and the evidence is in the forums, perhaps you need to stop overreacting...and do your research.

So, Yes you are entitled to your opinion, but this forum is equally open for others to redirect the OP (for example with facts, not opinion) to a balanced view of the introductory QA issues with RIM phones..

As an aside note, the use of anger and insults will certainly detract from any perception of you as a helpful or believable contributor to the forums...so if that is your goal I suggest you calm down and relax... after all, this is a phone, not life and death!

take care
    For the record.. For some people it is seeming to be close to life and death, That is all.
    05-07-10 05:54 PM

LOL

Go read the tour forums. That phone has been, and still is a buggy nightmare. Do not expect this phone to be any better for a minimum of 6 months...........

You are completely naive.
    05-07-10 06:20 PM
    LOL

Go read the tour forums. That phone has been, and still is a buggy nightmare. Do not expect this phone to be any better for a minimum of 6 months...........

:O Here I go looking at the tour forums now yayyyyyyyy
    05-07-10 06:39 PM
    That phone has been, and still is a buggy nightmare.

And you are completely wrong.

The Tour had a trackball issue on the earliest models, since fixed. The only other common Tour problem is VZW's released OS 5 which is easily fixed by leaving OS 4 on the phone or going to a leak or hybrid.

Hardly a buggy nightmare, try fighting with facts, not misstatements.
    05-07-10 07:47 PM
    Children1 Children! Children!
    05-07-10 08:53 PM
    And you are completely wrong.

The Tour had a trackball issue on the earliest models, since fixed. The only other common Tour problem is VZW's released OS 5 which is easily fixed by leaving OS 4 on the phone or going to a leak or hybrid.

Hardly a buggy nightmare, try fighting with facts, not misstatements.
    THANK YOU xs11e... Jeeze! After hearing a few people say all of that sh*t back to me, I went and looked at the Tour forum.. and I didn't see any problems except for ones that were easily fixed by doing something to the firmware or a battery pull...
    05-07-10 09:02 PM
23,186 ... 164165166167168 ...