A fried of mine that runs IT for his company told me this morning that his VZW point of contact told him that the 9650 was having trouble (software-related) in testing and that is why no firm release date has been given yet my Verizon. They are hoping for end of May, but it's still up in the air.
    expletive expletive expletive expletive...
    05-03-10 01:20 PM
    expletive expletive expletive expletive...
    I wouldn't get too worked about it. Could just be spin from VZW to cover the fact that they are dragging their feet on this. On the other hand, it is a pretty plausible explanation for why we haven't heard a release date yet.
    05-03-10 01:23 PM
    yeah it makes alot of sense... which sucks. I just called my local store here in Charlotte. They said they have no word at all. Lies
    05-03-10 01:25 PM
    VZW fanbois thinking they deserve the phone first because they are the best customers in the world /rollseyes

I laugh when we've waited 3 months past the Feb 3rd date..and you all are chomping at the bit...instead of just waiting til the 23rd like Sprint people.
    05-03-10 01:25 PM
    VZW fanbois thinking they deserve the phone first because they are the best customers in the world /rollseyes

I laugh when we've waited 3 months past the Feb 3rd date..and you all are chomping at the bit...instead of just waiting til the 23rd like Sprint people.
    everyone get your pop corn ready .. i forsee carrier wars.

Discuss:
    05-03-10 01:29 PM
    sprint schmint
    05-03-10 01:31 PM
    sprint schmint
    im kidding by the way. i don't care about carriers at all.
    05-03-10 01:34 PM
    ahhh u gave into the joke too early.. u shud have let it marinate and see ur comment would have taken this thread and wat interesting convos it would have started
    05-03-10 01:38 PM
    A fried of mine that runs IT for his company told me this morning that his VZW point of contact told him that the 9650 was having trouble (software-related) in testing and that is why no firm release date has been given yet my Verizon. They are hoping for end of May, but it's still up in the air.
    typical vzw delay...
    05-03-10 01:46 PM
    everyone get your pop corn ready .. i forsee carrier wars.

Discuss:
    Don't give it away!!
    sprint schmint
    Alright its on!
    NO NO NO NO!!
    ahhh u gave into the joke too early.. u shud have let it marinate and see ur comment would have taken this thread and wat interesting convos it would have started
    exactly, this guy gets it.

Oh well...carry on.
    05-03-10 02:16 PM
    Don't give it away!!

Alright its on!

NO NO NO NO!!

exactly, this guy gets it.

Oh well...carry on.

nice recap/summary for those who have missed out
    05-03-10 02:29 PM
    05-03-10 03:11 PM
    nice copy/paste job from other forums in CB
    05-03-10 03:15 PM
    Maybe .591 isn't working any better for them than it did for me?...
    05-03-10 03:16 PM
    Huh? Guess you don't subscribe to the email alerts? I use this thread as my one stop shop If I get an email on it, I post it, no time to go reading through all the duplicate threads out there....ENJOY!

nice copy/paste job from other forums in CB
    05-03-10 03:19 PM
    i could see VZW being anal about the FCC approval before setting a release date.
    05-03-10 04:08 PM
    i like called the verizon store and when i said blackberry bold 9650 she was like: "im sorry, i think your mistaken, we dont have a blackberry bold. i think you might be referring to the bold carried by att. all we have currently is the tour" and i said " i understand that, but i have read from blackberry(dot)com that verizon will soon be releasing a bold 6950, it think you know it by the tour 2..." then thats when she said "ooohhh! i know what your talking about. we currently have no information about when it may be released. sorry."
    :|
    Last edited by Ata09x; 05-03-10 at 04:28 PM.
    05-03-10 04:24 PM
    I'm deciding between this and the Incredible, but I'm in no rush. If OS 6.0 turns out to be a nice upgrade to the Bold AND it runs smoothly, I'll probably go with the Bold. I'm not expecting too much from 6.0 on a Bold since it seems developed for touchscreens, but a better browser and an updated GUI would be huge pluses.

If the Bold can't hand 6.0 or 6.0 seems glitchy for some reason, I'm probably give the Incredible another look.

My trusty 8330 is still going strong, although it's quickly running out of memory and I have to do constant Quickpulls to free up memory. I'm in no rush to jump ship from my 8330 since it does what I need it to do and it does it well (messaging, battery life, and calls)
    05-03-10 04:39 PM
    I'm deciding between this and the Incredible, but I'm in no rush. If OS 6.0 turns out to be a nice upgrade to the Bold AND it runs smoothly, I'll probably go with the Bold. I'm not expecting too much from 6.0 on a Bold since it seems developed for touchscreens, but a better browser and an updated GUI would be huge pluses.

If the Bold can't hand 6.0 or 6.0 seems glitchy for some reason, I'm probably give the Incredible another look.

My trusty 8330 is still going strong, although it's quickly running out of memory and I have to do constant Quickpulls to free up memory. I'm in no rush to jump ship from my 8330 since it does what I need it to do and it does it well (messaging, battery life, and calls)
    All true. I got suckered in to the 9550's bigger screen and WiFi. As I stated before the texting on the 9550 isn't for everybody. It's too frustrating to have to backspace or select words to edit due to the predicitive text and what not. I also dislike the click/vibrate of the screen. Wish I could turn off both. I'm debating to trade it in for the 9630 as my deadline is nearing. Don't care or have had much use for the WiFi and I miss a physical keyboard. The new 9650 does seem sweet but again its what each individual needs. The 9630's memory and speed are good enough for me. And I think there'll be a leaked OS 6.0 sooner or later for it and others.
    05-03-10 05:00 PM
    Verizon's smartphone release dates for May:
    Microsoft Kin One and Kin Two - Thurs. May 13 (Pre-orders start Thurs.May 6)
    LG Ally - Thurs. May 20
    Bold 9650 - Thurs. May 27?
    May 6th?
    05-03-10 05:34 PM
    who said May 6th?
    05-03-10 05:47 PM
    if its may 6,,its gonna b awesome
    05-03-10 06:01 PM
    i could see VZW being anal about the FCC approval before setting a release date.

I don't know about VZW, but Apple sure wasn't. The Ipad shindig was done, the release date was set, and the Ipad on the front page of every blog before the FCC approved it. This almost certainly wasn't the reason VZW delayed their release date announcement.

MG
    05-03-10 06:43 PM
    I am really getting tired of waiting for this phone...may move on to a 9700.
    05-03-10 06:56 PM
    According to one of the Google alerts I received about the FCC approval, it's May 23rd for Sprint and May 27th for VZW. That's a long way from Feb. 3rd.
    05-03-10 07:03 PM
23,186 ... 161162163164165 ...