Anybody know where I can buy a few wholesale?
    05-02-10 09:04 AM
    You're looking to buy a few WHAT wholesale?
    Surely not the 9650s as they haven't been released yet on either carrier...
    05-02-10 10:14 AM
    i'm going to predict its going to come out on tuesday, based on the moon's alignment with jupiter... But hey, that's just my prediction.
    you have cracked the mystery!
    05-02-10 01:25 PM
    How does that brand compare to some of the others?

Moonlessnight I use Zagg on my 8330 and plan to get one for my 9650 when it comes out, I'd like a discount code if you don't mind. Thanks in advance one way or the other. Also what info from me do you need?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 02:24 PM
    Given its a new release, wouldn't expect any discounts even like BOGO anytime soon LOL

05-02-10 07:43 PM
    Honestly, at this point I would be okay with it coming out on the same day as Sprint. The only thing I ask at this point is a confirmed release date from Verizon. Other phones are rumored to come out this month for Verizon, like the lg Ally. Supposedly the microsoft kin one and kin two are both supposed to come out on May 13th, but pre-orders will start on May 6th.
    I think I'm about at the same spot as you. I was really let down by not having it the first but at this point, I just want to know it is at least coming out in freaking May.

They are releasing it for Verizon right? There have been pics of Verizon branded Bold's so we don't have to worry about it not coming out (at least I hope so).
    05-02-10 09:44 PM
    I wonder if vzw will maybe pull another Nexus One type deal and nix the 9650 at the last minute...

05-02-10 09:59 PM
    I wonder if vzw will maybe pull another Nexus One type deal and nix the 9650 at the last minute...

Oh boy that would be insanely frustrating knowing that I waited for weeks using a temporary dumb phone in anticipation for the 9650.
    05-02-10 10:03 PM

No reason for that to happen. Only reason they did that with the N1 was because the Incredible is basically the same thing, minus sense ui.
    05-02-10 11:13 PM
    Oh boy that would be insanely frustrating knowing that I waited for weeks using a temporary dumb phone in anticipation for the 9650.
    I doubt that that will happen, especially since a ton of Verizon stores already have the new BB banner hanging over the BB displays with the Bold right in the middle.
    05-02-10 11:35 PM
    I was at the local Verizon shop today and was informed by one of the workers that they have the new bold in the back the just have to wait until the first to release. It may have been complete BS but who knows I guess we will find out.
    Lies all lies those guys just straight lied to me. sorry for the bad info.
    05-03-10 09:13 AM
    wasnt there a post with a confirmed due date for vzw of may 27th?... if that is still true bc there hasn't been any concrecte evidence contridicting the may 27th launch date... how pissed would vzw folks be knowing that sprint is releaseing the 9650 on the 23rd? I mean would it really be the end of the world if spring got it a week b4 vzw?... if so i mite need to start preparing for apocolypse
    05-03-10 09:22 AM
    so ummmm... i finally got my hands on the bold 9650... a coworker had her's since feb. carrier t-mobile... any updates @all when this will be availble for vzw? the wait is killing me!!!!
    05-03-10 09:45 AM
    so ummmm... i finally got my hands on the bold 9650... a coworker had her's since feb. carrier t-mobile... any updates @all when this will be availble for vzw? the wait is killing me!!!!
    I didn't realize that the 9650 was on tmobile do you mean the 9700?
    05-03-10 09:47 AM
    hmmmm. i didn't consider that. maybe it was the 9700. trackpad and leather back??
    05-03-10 10:01 AM
    Yeah it's the 9700. Rather compariable, but different networks for voice and data.
    05-03-10 10:06 AM
    So it is correct that the Bold 9650 has the exact same dimensions and looks exactly like the tour minus track pad (just from a physical looking standpoint)... I fell in love with the Bold 9700 because of its small and sleek design which just made me angry to hear that the 9650 is the same dimensions as the original tour. I'm just curious if anyone that has the Tour 9630 and played with/owns a the Bold 9700 (or vice versa) can give some input as to how the two phones feel and compare from just physical features. I went to the Verizon store to try and compare from my memory of my uncles 9700 when playing with it to the Tour 9630 but they have so much junk attached to the stock phones, it makes it feel huge and hard to type. I just want to know if they feel somewhat the same because i don't know anyone with the tour that i would be able to play with (without all of the junk on the Verizon models). Thanks in advance because I would say that there is a 90% chance i am going to get the Bold 9650 and this point is pretty much going to determine if i am going to get it or just wait for a new Verizon bold/something non flip or slide... which might be upwards of a year or two
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-03-10 at 10:20 AM.
    05-03-10 10:17 AM
    Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 Specs Leaked, Release Date Set for May 27th?

May 27th release date? Acutally this screen print was from before WES, so I wonder if things have changed.
    05-03-10 10:28 AM
    So it is correct that the Bold 9650 has the exact same dimensions and looks exactly like the tour minus track pad (just from a physical looking standpoint)... I fell in love with the Bold 9700 because of its small and sleek design which just made me angry to hear that the 9650 is the same dimensions as the original tour. I'm just curious if anyone that has the Tour 9630 and played with/owns a the Bold 9700 (or vice versa) can give some input as to how the two phones feel and compare from just physical features.
    I use a Tour daily and have played around some with a 9700 that someone in our office has loaned to me for comparison a few times over the past months. I personally like the 2mm wider bezel on the Tour to hold while typing, but it may be that I have grown so accustomed to the feel of the Tour that the 9700 seemed too small for my large hands. The Tour is also 3mm taller, but not a factor at all. The keypads are almost identical other than the bottom row of keys, so it must be the bezel. Thickness is pretty much the same, but the 9700 weighs slightly less than the 9630 or the 9650. Some will say this good, some will say they don't like the minor extra weight, again my personal preference is I like the more solid feel of the Tour and would probably like the 9650. I was mostly trying the trackpad on the 9700, but found it a little hard to get used to controlling it as compared to the trackball on the Tour, but I have had 2 other BBs with trackballs and not had much time to try trackpad thoroughly. I also do not like the trackpad on my laptop and much prefer my wireless mouse with scroll-wheel, so just my personal preference I guess. The 9650 will be the best BB choice with physical keyboard for CDMA carriers like VZW and Sprint, while the 9700 will remain the best choice for GSM carriers like ATT & T-Mobile.
    05-03-10 10:43 AM
    Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 Specs Leaked, Release Date Set for May 27th?

May 27th release date? Acutally this screen print was from before WES, so I wonder if things have changed.
    Interesting... I wonder how everyone missed this and/or chose to ignore it... at this point, looks like the most feasible date honestly...
    05-03-10 11:24 AM
    Interesting... I wonder how everyone missed this and/or chose to ignore it... at this point, looks like the most feasible date honestly...
    It was ignored mainly because people were wondering how that person could see this when it clearly shows they were unapproved for access.
    05-03-10 12:15 PM
    FCC Approval.... could THIS be what was holding VZW back??????

BlackBerry Bold 9650 granted FCC approval -- Engadget
    05-03-10 12:16 PM
    Let's hope the FCC approval is what's holding VZW back....it would make sense.
    05-03-10 12:26 PM
    I was mostly trying the trackpad on the 9700, but found it a little hard to get used to controlling it as compared to the trackball on the Tour, but I have had 2 other BBs with trackballs and not had much time to try trackpad thoroughly. I also do not like the trackpad on my laptop and much prefer my wireless mouse with scroll-wheel, so just my personal preference I guess.
    It's not just you. I got 8530's for both of my college age kids and have spent a reasonable amount of time playing with them. The trackpads are OK but I agree, they don't feel quite as precise when trying to move the cursor accurately over something small, such as when on a web page with a tiny font or the likes. OTOH, there's nothing more frustrating than having the Tour trackball stick when you're trying to scroll in a vertical field. So I'm hoping that I'll become more adept with the trackpad after several weeks of use.
    05-03-10 12:33 PM
    FCC Approval.... could THIS be what was holding VZW back??????

BlackBerry Bold 9650 granted FCC approval -- Engadget
    A fried of mine that runs IT for his company told me this morning that his VZW point of contact told him that the 9650 was having trouble (software-related) in testing and that is why no firm release date has been given yet my Verizon. They are hoping for end of May, but it's still up in the air.
    05-03-10 01:18 PM
23,186 ... 160161162163164 ...