Boy, is he going to be piised if the 9650 comes out like next week!
    Maybe he is hoping it comes out in the next 30 days an he will return the 9630
    04-30-10 02:49 PM
    Sprnt getting the 9650 before Red? That doesn't make sence.
    04-30-10 03:20 PM
    why not? i'd imagine VZW and Sprint will release on the same day.
    04-30-10 03:29 PM
    I went to two Verizon stores and they have absolutely no clue. One even said, "We're still calling it the Tour 2." Amazing. The other store (after I said Sprint will have it May 23) said, "I hope we have it by then."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 03:46 PM
    Guys, I think we all might need some rehab ]:
    Yeah we do. (: lol!

04-30-10 05:17 PM
    Your right that doesn't make sense \:

04-30-10 05:24 PM
    Wow, was I ever wrong. I would have bet the mortgage that we would have heard something from Verizon this week in regard to a release of the 9650. They are sure stringing us along.... I am shocked that despite WES we have not heard anything from them.
    04-30-10 05:29 PM
    Wow, was I ever wrong. I would have bet the mortgage that we would have heard something from Verizon this week in regard to a release of the 9650. They are sure stringing us along.... I am shocked that despite WES we have not heard anything from them.
    I just think they are waiting until this whole "Incredible" thing is over before the say anything.

04-30-10 05:54 PM
    VZW 9650 Training manual: (world exclusive to Crackberry)

1) Don't mention the Tour
    2) This is not a Tour 2
    3) It has great memory, trackpad, wifi, and it says "Bold" on the back
    4) Don't mention the Tour
    5) We've delayed the release of this phone 3 months to prepare this training manual; follow it closely.

MG
    See, funny and all I guess.. Like everyone is saying stuff like that.. But have you watched any of the videos from WES? the RIM reps would always say that the new bold 9650 is more or less and "upgraded tour"... why would RIM be so open to say that if everyone has in their heads that they are trying to hide it.. I mean they wouldn't come out n say it to everyone at WES than just try and hide it afterwords.. idk..
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 04-30-10 at 06:10 PM.
    04-30-10 06:07 PM
    Just got home from Verizon and tried out the new Incredible. Is it a great phone? May be for those liking touchscreens, but personally I don't see it working for me...bring on the 9650.
    04-30-10 07:15 PM
    Just got home from Verizon and tried out the new Incredible. Is it a great phone? May be for those liking touchscreens, but personally I don't see it working for me...bring on the 9650.

I am the same way. I hate the touch screens because I am very anal about my screen being clean. Plus, I have to have a keyboard.
    04-30-10 07:23 PM
    I've heard it has heating up problems. We're not gonna go there now. On a BlackBerry Forum lol.

04-30-10 07:25 PM
    After I asked the guy about the battery life, it totally lost my interest at that point.

I've heard it has heating up problems. We're not gonna go there now. On a BlackBerry Forum lol.

04-30-10 07:54 PM
    See, funny and all I guess.. Like everyone is saying stuff like that.. But have you watched any of the videos from WES? the RIM reps would always say that the new bold 9650 is more or less and "upgraded tour"... why would RIM be so open to say that if everyone has in their heads that they are trying to hide it.. I mean they wouldn't come out n say it to everyone at WES than just try and hide it afterwords.. idk..

A lot like my experience at VZW today. I looked at the Tour and the Incredible, but told the rep I really wanted the 9650. He really downplayed it, with the standard "it's really just a Tour with a trackpad" dissing. I know it's his job to seperate me from my money today rather than tomorrow, but still I don't get raining on a customer's parade when they are excited about a phone you have or will offer. Especially a customer like me, who's coming back to Big Red from Little Blue.

Sal said back in Jan/Feb, VZW seems like they don't "want" to release this phone. He couldn't support that statement with any "facts", but everything we've seen from VZW has supported it, right up to the current minute.
    04-30-10 08:33 PM
    A lot like my experience at VZW today. I looked at the Tour and the Incredible, but told the rep I really wanted the 9650. He really downplayed it, with the standard "it's really just a Tour with a trackpad" dissing. I know it's his job to seperate me from my money today rather than tomorrow, but still I don't get raining on a customer's parade when they are excited about a phone you have or will offer. Especially a customer like me, who's coming back to Big Red from Little Blue.

Sal said back in Jan/Feb, VZW seems like they don't "want" to release this phone. He couldn't support that statement with any "facts", but everything we've seen from VZW has supported it, right up to the current minute.
    Yeah VZW doesn't seem to wanna support this phone ):

04-30-10 08:37 PM
    Yeah. Sometimes it seems like the only phone that Verizon wants to support right now is the HTC Droid Incredible and all other Android phones.
    That seems true. Only Android phones. Cause the promoted the Droid & Incredible like crazy!
    04-30-10 09:09 PM
    Interesting...the rep I spoke to this evening did just the opposite..suggested waiting for the 9650.

04-30-10 09:18 PM
    So how many people are waking up tomorrow morning and going straight to their local Verizon store?
    04-30-10 09:35 PM
    So how many people are waking up tomorrow morning and going straight to their local Verizon store?
    lol that would be a no for me.
    04-30-10 09:37 PM

Not me, I am going to try the new leak OS 5.0.0.643
    04-30-10 09:38 PM
    It is so annoying!!! Sometimes it feels like Verizon is cheating on RIM with Android.
    Cheating on RIM with Android. (: lmbo!

04-30-10 09:40 PM
    Not me, I am going to try the new leak OS 5.0.0.643
    Lol some of us don't have the luxury of having a Tour at the moment. I just want to get rid of stupid temporary dumb phone and get back to a BB so bad!
    04-30-10 09:52 PM
    lol that would be a no for me.
    Not meeee. I'm PST anyway so I'll just come here and check so I won't have to drive down there
    04-30-10 09:56 PM
    I am not going to the store either. I will be scared to check my computer tomorrow. I will either be really excited or really angry at Verizon tomorrow!
    Right?! At this point I would just be happy with an official announcement. I just REALLY need a new phone. My Voyager dies within an hour of use now.
    04-30-10 10:03 PM
    I am not going to the store either. I will be scared to check my computer tomorrow. I will either be really excited or really angry at Verizon tomorrow!
    Kind of how I see it as well. Two and a half weeks on a dumb phone is bad enough, especially if I will have to wait for another two weeks. That would be unbearable!
    04-30-10 10:03 PM
23,186 ... 157158159160161 ...