Local store near me sold 40 on opening day (yesterday).
    I don't think we will see bold until the hype of the incredible is gone.
    Yeah i agree. I think they will make a silent opening. Then start making a hype about it when they have got all the incredible sales they want.
    04-30-10 10:52 AM
    I wonder how much inventory VZW has of 9630
    they are now offering Free PTT for the life of your tour if bought by June 30th
    04-30-10 10:54 AM
    I am heading to Alaska the end of May
    I may just go in and get a new phone and use it for 30 days and return it.

What do they do with the phones that are returned ?
    04-30-10 10:56 AM
    I am heading to Alaska the end of May
    I may just go in and get a new phone and use it for 30 days and return it.

What do they do with the phones that are returned ?
    I think they re-send them out as refurs for the insurance ppl.

How much is PTT for?
    04-30-10 11:01 AM
    yes, the PTT also must be activated by that date as well.

and PTT is Kewl, except you can't prevent a BARGE in unless you disable.
    04-30-10 11:01 AM
    I think they re-send them out as refurs for the insurance ppl.

How much is PTT for?
    FREE.. Must activate by June 30 on qualifying plan (34.99 +) and have data
    04-30-10 11:02 AM
    FREE.. Must activate by June 30 on qualifying plan (34.99 +) and have data
    That sounds nice! I hope they have it on the 9650! (:
    04-30-10 11:13 AM
    I'm glad for the delay, if the 9650 had been released earlier I would have used my NE2 (saved since September of last year!) to get one. Fortunately, the phone was not released before word of the new 9670 Flip arrived so now I'll be waiting for that.

To me, a flip form factor is the most important feature of any phone I own, I'd still be happy with my Pearl Flip if I had ever learned to use that weird keyboard.

Maybe we can start a 4600 post thread giving false release dates on the 9670?
    04-30-10 11:16 AM
    That sounds nice! I hope they have it on the 9650! (:

My feeling on that is , this is their way of clearing out inventory
    They also have a buy one get one free on the 9630 but I am sure you can't get both deals.
    04-30-10 11:28 AM
    My feeling on that is , this is their way of clearing out inventory
    They also have a buy one get one free on the 9630 but I am sure you can't get both deals.
    ? what do you mean? if you bought a 9630 with BOGO then you could activate PTT (Free) on both.
    04-30-10 11:37 AM
    ? what do you mean? if you bought a 9630 with BOGO then you could activate PTT (Free) on both.

No if you want the PTT you get one Tour

If you don't you could get the BOGO and no free PTT

BTW the PTT monthly fee is $29.99
    04-30-10 11:43 AM
    PTT is $29.99/month? I could have sworn that I'd heard a commercial and seen it advertised as an additional $5/month. At that price, I'd be even less interested than before!
    04-30-10 11:57 AM
    According to VZW website it is $5.00 a month per phone

VZW click here
    04-30-10 12:06 PM

VZW click here
    Required Equipment
    Push to Talk phone and is available only with other Verizon Wireless Push to Talk subscribers.

Minimum Line Term, and Early Termination Fees

* Month�to�month, one� or two�year minimum term required per line.
    * Activation Fee/line: $35
    * Activation fees may vary or be waived for business customers based on their Major Account Agreement with Verizon Wireless.
    * Early Termination Fee: Up to $175, or up to $350 per line for advanced devices (see https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=k89E8Lt5), per line for one� or two�year minimum terms.

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

* Tolls, taxes, surcharges and other fees, such as E911 and gross receipt charges, vary by market and as of March 1, 2010, add between 5% and 37% to your monthly bill and are in addition to your monthly access fees and airtime charges.
    * Monthly Federal Universal Service Charge on interstate & international telecom charges (varies quarterly based on FCC rate) is 15.3% per line.
    * The Verizon Wireless monthly Regulatory Charge is 7� per line.
    * Monthly Administrative Charge (subject to change) is 92� per line.
    * The Federal Universal Service, Regulatory and Administrative Charges are Verizon Wireless charges, not taxes. For more details on these charges, call 1�888�684�1888.

IMPORTANT CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
    Corporate lines are subject to Major Account Agmt. Up to $175 early termination fee. Some features and device capabilities subject to airtime charges and add'l fees. Offers & coverage, varying by service, not available everywhere. Equipment availability and prices are subject to change without notice. In CA: Sales tax based on full retail price of phone. Network details and coverage maps at verizonwireless.com.

For Push to Talk plans that do not include voice minutes, regular incoming cellular voice calls are restricted and regular outgoing cellular voice calls are limited to calls to 611 and 911 which may be placed anywhere in the Nationwide Rate and Coverage Area.

Push to Talk
    Push to Talks calls may be made with other Verizon Wireless Push to Talk subscribers, and only from the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. A Push to Talk call is terminated by pressing END or will automatically time out after twenty (20) seconds of inactivity. While you are on a Push to Talk call, voice calls received will go directly to Voice Mail. When you are on a voice call, you cannot receive a Push to Talk call. You cannot prevent others who have your wireless phone number from entering you into their Push to Talk contact list. Only one person can speak at a time during Push to Talk calls. When using your phone keypad to make a Push to Talk call, you must enter the 10-digit phone number of the called party. Your Push to Talk service cannot be used for any applications that tether your phone to computers or other devices for any purpose. Push to Talk-capable phone and calling plan required. If you switch from a Push to Talk calling plan to another calling plan, you must first stop using your Push to Talk-capable phone and purchase o
    04-30-10 12:08 PM

VZW click here
    Try this:

PTT
    Last edited by TheMiz; 04-30-10 at 12:28 PM.
    04-30-10 12:10 PM
    PTT is $29.99/month? I could have sworn that I'd heard a commercial and seen it advertised as an additional $5/month. At that price, I'd be even less interested than before!

I am guessing that the $29.99 is for people who don't have data plans.
    04-30-10 12:13 PM
    ^you have to have a data plan to use the tour..the push to talk is $5 extra a month..well now free
    04-30-10 12:17 PM
    Probably old news but the 9650 had disappeared from Cellebrite and now it's back.
    04-30-10 12:31 PM
    VZW has been offering PTT for free since it was released. VZW has also had all BBs offered with BOGO for months now, nothing to do with the Tour being discontinued in either case. From VZW:

"Get Push to Talk service FREE when activating a Push to Talk on a capable BlackBerry.*

* Free Push to Talk offer is available for a limited time with Push to Talk subscriptions added to compatible BlackBerry smartphones on voice plan $34.99 or higher & eligible data package."
    04-30-10 01:09 PM
    is anyone else constantly refreshing this thread hoping for some breaking news? i feel like a fiend... come on RIM
    04-30-10 01:35 PM
    Yes. I keep getting alerts on this thread and l keep refreshing while at work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 01:42 PM
    i thought i saw a guy walk out of the vzw store today with a 9650... but it was just a tour... LOL
    04-30-10 01:47 PM
    Guys, I think we all might need some rehab ]:
    04-30-10 02:04 PM
    VZW has been offering PTT for free since it was released. VZW has also had all BBs offered with BOGO for months now, nothing to do with the Tour being discontinued in either case. From VZW:

"Get Push to Talk service FREE when activating a Push to Talk on a capable BlackBerry.*

* Free Push to Talk offer is available for a limited time with Push to Talk subscriptions added to compatible BlackBerry smartphones on voice plan $34.99 or higher & eligible data package."

The ad I seen was for the TOUR and it said 9630
    I understand what you all are saying but seems odd to me

Oh and now there is a story about it on the front page of CB

Verizon Offering Push-to-Talk "Free for Life" on the BlackBerry Tour 9630
    By Adam Zeis | 30 Apr 2010 11:19 | 48 comments
    04-30-10 02:33 PM
    i thought i saw a guy walk out of the vzw store today with a 9650... but it was just a tour... LOL
    Boy, is he going to be piised if the 9650 comes out like next week!
    04-30-10 02:39 PM
23,186 ... 156157158159160 ...