Exactly. What made my experience funnier is I specified that I didn't want a touch screen anymore after having the storm. His response - but the incredible is much better than the storm. I just smiled and said thanks but I'll wait for the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 08:00 PM
    Exactly. What made my experience funnier is I specified that I didn't want a touch screen anymore after having the storm. His response - but the incredible is much better than the storm. I just smiled and said thanks but I'll wait for the bold.

I don't mind touch screen (obviously, since I have the Voyager) but I prefer to have a physical QWERTY keyboard over an onscreen one, especially since most touch screens don't respond to my nails nowadays. It's hard to type on the screen if your nails are longer, so it's a matter of preference and I hate it when they still try to push a phone on you that you have said that you don't want a few times already!

Hopefully it will be released in the near future and we can avoid the retail stores for a little while. I'm still hoping for Saturday, especially since my cousin won't shut up about his new Incredible.
    04-29-10 08:16 PM
    We are all hoping for Saturday

04-29-10 09:11 PM
    I am praying for it to be saturday have my piece of crap pearl and i cant take it anymore. What are the chances it comes out saturday realistically
    04-29-10 09:34 PM
    I am praying for it to be saturday have my piece of crap pearl and i cant take it anymore. What are the chances it comes out saturday realistically
    I've pretty much given up on Saturday now, as we have not heard squat from Verizon. I thought for sure we would at least hear something about timing this week, but....
    04-29-10 09:53 PM
    I've pretty much given up on Saturday now, as we have not heard squat from Verizon. I thought for sure we would at least hear something about timing this week, but....
    Maybe they are doing a silent release since they are focusing all the promotion on the incredible

04-29-10 10:09 PM
    The chance are high realistically!

04-29-10 10:11 PM
    At least your Pearl didn't break like mine did two weeks ago! It would lose connection to the towers every 10 seconds so now I've been stuck on a dumb phone waiting for the Bold!
    04-30-10 12:02 AM
    Not sure if anyone cares, (and dont flame me for this)

i was at a verizon kiosk today and a blackberry rep happened to be there, and said that verizon has them, just waiting on verizon to allow it for release, and he said most likely May 15th...
    04-30-10 01:02 AM
    Not sure if anyone cares, (and dont flame me for this)

i was at a verizon kiosk today and a blackberry rep happened to be there, and said that verizon has them, just waiting on verizon to allow it for release, and he said most likely May 15th...

thats interesting. i have seen people on these forums talking about checking inventories in warehouses and such. i wonder if one of them could do a search???
    04-30-10 01:29 AM

I think Saturday will be the release date announcement, for later on this month. If it sells this weekend, I'll be there to get one, but it just doesn't feel like it's headed that way.

MG
    04-30-10 04:44 AM
    One feature I REALLY like about the HTC Incredible is the Speech Recognition. Will this be available on the Bold 9650?
    04-30-10 06:01 AM
    One feature I REALLY like about the HTC Incredible is the Speech Recognition. Will this be available on the Bold 9650?
    Dragon for Email is a free app that does speech recognition for email and its pretty accurate.
    04-30-10 06:26 AM
    Believe they have come a long way from what the use to be; also I think the Incredible has more than just recognition for email?

Are those accurate? I used to have a program I could dictate and it would write out essays for me but I found that it wasn't very accurate. I kept having to say "strike that" to delete what I just said... maybe I just wasn't enunciating clearly.
    04-30-10 07:50 AM
    Just called Red still no knowledge of the 9650, training, etc.
    Only advice is to favorite Red & pay attention for the 9650.
    04-30-10 08:26 AM
    it's looking quite doubtful for a May 1st (TOMORROW!) release... blame the incredible and vzw oh-so-wise product planning...
    04-30-10 08:33 AM
    Just called Red still no knowledge of the 9650, training, etc.
    Only advice is to favorite Red & pay attention for the 9650.
    Why would they need training for the 9650 ?
    04-30-10 08:36 AM

VZW 9650 Training manual: (world exclusive to Crackberry)

1) Don't mention the Tour
    2) This is not a Tour 2
    3) It has great memory, trackpad, wifi, and it says "Bold" on the back
    4) Don't mention the Tour
    5) We've delayed the release of this phone 3 months to prepare this training manual; follow it closely.

MG
    04-30-10 08:47 AM
    6) Don't mention the Tour
    7) "no, REALLY...honest!..our feedback is that customers dont want the leather on the back on the Bold anymore"

2) This is not a Tour 2
    5) We've delayed the release of this phone 3 months to prepare this training manual; follow it closely.

MG
    04-30-10 10:10 AM
    Okay, yes....here's another Verizon Rep update: I was at a local Verizon Store this morning (I live on Long Island, NY) and he said they were definitely getting the 9650, but does not know when. He also said what he heard was June, but did not confirm this as a factual statement. He did say they usually have a week or two notice when new phones are coming in and so far nothing concrete on the 9650 except they will be getting it.

IMO, based on what I've read here and on the web (basically all the same information) is RIM will be releasing the 9650 on May 23 to Sprint and Verizon. Sprint's release date of May 16 could very well be a pre-order date. The Verizon Rep I spoke to did not indicate when in June, but if RIM is sending out this phone to both carriers on the 23rd, an estimated time frame would be June.

I hope it does come sooner. Verizon might announce on May 1st that they will be getting it, May 16th could even be announced as the pre-order date with phones being available in the store and for shipment the end of May.

UGH!!!!
    04-30-10 10:10 AM
    Lol. VZW is really pushing the incredible. I went to a local store and asked about the new bold, the rep said he wasn't sure about it and asked if I'd be interested in the incredible that's coming out soon.

Local store near me sold 40 on opening day (yesterday).
    I don't think we will see bold until the hype of the incredible is gone.
    04-30-10 10:13 AM
    if they did, it would be a big waste. most of them don't know how to work the ones they've been trained on.
    04-30-10 10:16 AM
    Is it possible? Since the 9650 release will be 'soon', will there be time to get another 4,058 posts offering incorrect release dates?

It'll be tough but I KNOW you guys and gals can do it!
    04-30-10 10:27 AM
    Is it possible? Since the 9650 release will be 'soon', will there be time to get another 4,058 posts offering incorrect release dates?

It'll be tough but I KNOW you guys and gals can do it!
    may 3rd! thats one haha.
    04-30-10 10:36 AM

2) This is not a Tour 2

MG
    6) Don't mention the Tour
    7) "no, REALLY...honest!..our feedback is that customers dont want the leather on the back on the Bold anymore"
    lmbo! These comments make me laugh! (:
    04-30-10 10:49 AM
23,186 ... 155156157158159 ...